• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Superhax - to learn the meaning of Ragequat

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe
Hello there peeps and peepets of the CRMT, this is my latest team that I have created. After being in a slump for a while I am pleased to present my latest team.

WARNING WARNING TL;DR APPROACHING

This team is bulky offense, in which every member is able to take hits, and most all of them can dish some back too. This team started off based around that pokemon we all forgot: Togekiss.
On another forum, there was a community create a team project thing, and one of the members was arguing that an End-Game sweeper can function not only as the end-gamer but can do 'stuff' mid game as well. Togekiss is the perfect example, as she is bulky enough to take some hits, and test out what the other team has as a defensive core. This team also can function even if Togekiss faints fairly early on, with Gyarados being able to sweep, as well as other pokemon complementing each other nicely.
Earlier I had been thinking of using a team with Specs Jolteon, as he can put massive dents in teams lacking Blissey, which then brought be to his partner, something that could draw electrical attacks, so Togekiss was chosen. Needless to say that team fell flat on it's face but Togey really pulled her wieght, it wasn't too hard to get 1-2 NP's up, and then KO some fools.
Thus this team was born, Named "Superhax" as it 3 of it's members can use the ParaFlinch combo.

Team Building

Well seeing as how I wanted a Nasty Plot Togekiss team, a Togekiss might have to be on the team xD.

i_togekiss.gif

Next I needed a pokemon who could deal to Togey's counters, preferably one that could take them all on, so as no more team support in that area was needed. Also T-Wave would be fantastic for Togekiss' average Speed, and of course the ever epic ParaFlinch Hax. Surely no pokemon was man enough for such as task?

i_lanturn.gif
i_togekiss.gif

Lanturn! The light of my life! (dohohoho) He can take out Zappy and Rotom (Togeys main counters) as well as being able to provide Paralysis support. Like Smogon says "real men use Lanturn".
Now another counter-bot who can provide T-Wave support for the epic Togey sweep, hmm, I'm thinking...

i_gyarados.gif
i_lanturn.gif
i_togekiss.gif

Gyarados! Very few people expect their Vaporeon to get Paralysed. Although Toxic might be better there, I want Togey to be able to set up on the likes of Vappy anyway. Gyara also draws Electric attacks for Lanturn to be able to heal himself on.
Now I'm forming a bit of a Rock weak which means 2 things. Tar weak, and SR weak. A pokemon who could deal to these two issues might be:

i_hitmontop.gif
i_gyarados.gif
i_lanturn.gif
i_togekiss.gif

God 'ole Hitmontop, he can easily deal to both of these delimmas.
However I don't really have a solid answer to Speed Boosting pokemon such as Gyarados and Salamence, in todays metagame a revenge killer is almost manditory, one not weak to Pursuit would be ideal and seeing as how I have Gyara for Infernape, Latias is looking like it's a bit shakey.

i_jirachi.gif
i_hitmontop.gif
i_gyarados.gif
i_lanturn.gif
i_togekiss.gif

The ever awesome ScarfRachi would work there, taking Mence and Gyara without even breaking stride, providing me with a necessary Dragon resist too. He also abuses the ParaFlinch with Iron Head.
Last thing I will need is a lead, one with SR preferably as SR is a must in todays Metagame. SDLucario is looking a bit menacing too, seeing as how Gyarados can't be relied upon for everything. I reckon...

i_gliscor.gif
i_jirachi.gif
i_hitmontop.gif
i_gyarados.gif
i_lanturn.gif
i_togekiss.gif

Gliscor, one of my fav's, he is so reliable and can even Taunt to help against pesky Stall teams, he should do nicely. Now the team is done ^_^.

The Final Line Up
i_gliscor.gif
i_hitmontop.gif
i_lanturn.gif
i_togekiss.gif
i_jirachi.gif
i_gyarados.gif

In Depth

The lead
472.png

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil
Jolly
194Hp 96Atk 220Spe
-Earthquake
-Roost
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock

Good 'ole Gliscor lead, fares pretty dern well against the majority of standard leads out there, barring Infernape and Heatran, in both cases, I will switch to Gyarados, and spread the love, *ahem* I mean Paralysis. Swampert is a bit of a problem, but generally I can go to Hitmontop to Spin away any Rocks he may try to set up while taking minimal damage.

Moves are fairly self explanitory, EQ is for grounded Steels like Meta and Jirachi, Roost is to keep Gliscors Hp up throughout the game while Taunt is used to prevent Stallage and set up of SR, which my team likes, as two are weak to SR.

EV's are relitively standard also, 96Atk guarantees a 2HKO with Earthquake on Max Hp Metagross, while Speed outruns Jolly Lucario and anything a point above that too, meaning that I win against other lead Gliscors among other things. The remainder is then dumped in Hp for survivability.

--------------------------------------------------

The Spinner
237.png

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Impish
252Hp 136Def 48SpD 72Spe
-Rapid Spin
-Low Kick
-Stone Edge
-Toxic/Earthquake

Hitmontop functions as my Spinner, taking out EH's for the likes of Togekiss and Gyarados, he counters Tyranitar nicely as well as taking hits from both sides pretty well. Tends to lure in stuff like Rotom which can then be Toxic'd and weakened sufficiently before Togekiss goes on the warpath.

Rapid Spin takes away Entry Hazards, while Hitmontop gained a new toy through HG/SS in the form of Low Kick. This means that 'Top can OHKO standart CBTyranitar without any attack investment. Stone Edge is for any Salamence or Gyarados that try to switch into me, 2HKOing them, meaning they are not safe to set up. I am unsure of weather to run Toxic or EQ, as I have been using EQ, and haven't found any use for it yet, but Toxic could mean that a pokemon doesn't get Paralysed meaning Togekiss can't abuse ParaFlinch.

EV's max Hp, also allowing for an ORLP, which is rather handy. 136Def is then a jump point softening the blows from Tyranitars. Speed also outruns Max Speed Adamant Tyranitar. The SpD allows me to take a Draco Meteor from Niave 252SpA Salamence that might switch in, THAT is how bulky Hitmontop is (h).

The Support Bot
171.png

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Volt Absorb
Calm
100Hp 112SpAtk 252SpDef 44Spe
-Heal Bell
-Thunder Wave
-Thunder Bolt
-Surf

This thing is pretty much like some mix between Blissey and Vaporeon, only it has the cool factor of an Unown sweeping in OU. He is the perfect partener for Togekiss, as he can sponge hits from Rotom and Zapdos all day long, as well as healing any Status ailments Togey may have picked up during the game. I used to not use him as he was a bulky water that couldn't counter Heatran (weak to Earth Power) or Infernape (takes too much from CC). But he is a great check to weaker 'elemental' Special attackers. Those who utilise Bolt-Beam.

Heal bell is vital to this team seeing as how 2 pogeys resist Thunder Wave, only one resists Toxic and none are immune to WoW. Thunder Wave then provides the Flinch to this teams ParaFlinch. Thunder Bolt is for Bulky Waters, Surf was a tough choice as I could have run Ice Beam for the Bolt Beam combo, but I decided that Surf was the better option as it give me STAB, as well as doing more to Rotoms.

EV's allow for a Hp Stat divisible by 16, meaning that I get max leftovers recovery, SpAtk allows for a guaranteed 2HKO on all 188Hp Vaporeon. SpD is maxed to take the least amount of damage from random Special Attacks, while Speed allows me to outrun 68Speed Vaporeon, meaning that I also outrun Skarmory.

The Main Haxer
468.png

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Modest
156Hp 160SpAtk 192Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Substitute

This guy is so much fun, he is bulky, powerful, almost untouchable (w/ Para support) and none too slow either. He is this teams core really, and has made oponents quit many a time. Generally I use him with Air Slash mid-game to scout counters and then later on bring out the Nasty Plot.

Nasty Plot is obviously for boosting Special Attack, while Air Slash and Aura Sphere provide decent coverage, also Aura Sphere is handy on Snow Cloaked Mamoswines. Substitute was chosen over rest, as if Togey is in battle for too long, he will get statused in no time at all. And has proven exceptionally handy against Blissey. Nasty Plot on switch, Sub as they attempt Toxic, Nasty Plot once more, then Flinch to death with Air Slash.

EVs allow me to outrun Jolly DDTar which the Smogon set doesn't, it seems silly to me to allow yourself to be revenged by Tar when you can easily beat him with Aura Sphere. Hp is then divisible be 4 and the remainder is put in SpAtk.

The Revenge Killer/Flincher no. 2
385.png

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Serene Grace
Jolly
76Hp 252Atk 180Spe
-Iron Head
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-U-Turn

What's that you say? The ultimate revenge killer? I think you might have. He is the ultimate utility to take out Salamence and Gyarados especially as he is not weak to Pursuit, although Maggy can trap him that is the reason for U-Turn scouting as well as the fact that Magnezone has no way barring Explosion of getting past Lanturn so yeah, Jirachi is epic.

Iron Head is for STAB and epic flinch haxy hax hax. Great for taking out random stuff like Latias and Flygon (though Ice Punch is better). Thunder Punch is for Gyarados, while Ice Punch is great for taking out Dragons in general, and Jirachi isn't weak to DNite's Extreme Speed too which is even better. U-Turn is for scouting and just some residual damage along.

EV's are straightfoward, 252Attack for some damage, 180Speed lets me outrun any 176Speed Flygons, as well as Scarf Porygon-Z (haha). 76Hp for taking hits a little better. The Speed also allows me to outrun any Adamant/Naughty Salamence.

The 2nd sweeper/3rd Paraflinch abuser
130.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Jolly
148Hp 136Atk 226Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Thunder Wave

Gyarados is my main answer to Heatran and Infernape, so naturally I am running a bulkyish set. He can take a Nasty Plotted Grass Knot from Infernape (from experience, I'm not too sure how much he takes on a % level). He also provides bulk which does not go to waste on this team.

Dragon Dance is a must on just about all Gyarados sets, followed by Waterfall, which is even more needed on this set, for the Flinch combo with Thunder Wave. Earthquake is for...Stuff. Thunder Wave hits Dragons like Salamence/Dragonite and Latias which EQ/Waterfall do minimal damage to.

EV's are of my own creation. 226Speed allows me to outrun all Naive Max Heatran with a Scarf after a Dragon Dance. Meaning I can come in, take a hit, take another hit as I Dragon Dance, then OHKO and continue sweeping (same goes for Infernape). Hp is divisible by 4 I think (I don't really remember >.>) the rest is put in Atk for a bit of a kick before the DD.

And that is Team Superhax, rate, hate, take, whatever, go nuts.

Oh and before I forget:

[spoiler="]I'm retiring from competitive pokemon.

This is my final team I shall make so please no flaming/trolling or spamming, if you see somthing that you feel could be corrected please say so, but in a kind and courteous manner, and treat everyone on this thread with RESTECPA mmk?"[/spoiler]

Last edited:

Dilemmas*.

manditory

Mandatory*.

No one has rated your team because you didn't answer my last PM.

As soon as I read the title, I knew the team would have Togekiss and Jirachi. Woot for me!

This team is, incredibly enough, MixApe weak. You'd need to get rid of Stealth Rocks for Gyarados to work as a counter and I doubt he will be able to switch in repeatedly. Other than Gyarados, Infernape OHKO's/2HKO's all your team.

The only possible suggestion I'd provide is replacing Lanturn and it doesn't seem as if you are anywhere near changing it.

I can't think of a possible solution to Infernape for now so I guess I'll post later.

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe
Dilemmas*.

Mandatory*.

No one has rated your team because you didn't answer my last PM.

As soon as I read the title, I knew the team would have Togekiss and Jirachi. Woot for me!

This team is, incredibly enough, MixApe weak. You'd need to get rid of Stealth Rocks for Gyarados to work as a counter and I doubt he will be able to switch in repeatedly. Other than Gyarados, Infernape OHKO's/2HKO's all your team.

The only possible suggestion I'd provide is replacing Lanturn and it doesn't seem as if you are anywhere near changing it.

I can't think of a possible solution to Infernape for now so I guess I'll post later.

I is teh bestest at gramar nd spelin' don't dis k?

hehe.

Yes I can see where you are coming from with Infernape, that is why I have Hitmontop. Gyara is a decent check though, as well as Hitmontop not being able to be OHKOed either, so he can come in after a revenge kill, as well as Jirachi being able to revenge kill a weakened one. In fact only 2 memebers are OHKOed by anything that Ape carries, Jirachi (Fire Blast) and Gliscor (HP Ice). Although I see what you mean, I can generally play around him 80% of the time.

O noes! I thought I PMed you back *facepalm*. I am reluctant to replace Lanturn, as thus far, he has pretty much been the MVP of the team. (especially as he is pretty much my only answer to Special Threats at the moment Electric attacks mostly, Gliscor is immune, but any Water or Ice move accompanying that will see him off).

Last edited:
I is teh bestest at gramar nd spelin' don't dis k?

You are still the same.

Yes I can see where you are coming from with Infernape, that is why I have Hitmontop. Gyara is a decent check though, as well as Hitmontop not being able to be OHKOed either, so he can come in after a revenge kill, as well as Jirachi being able to revenge kill a weakened one. In fact only 2 memebers are OHKOed by anything that Ape carries, Jirachi (Fire Blast) and Gliscor (HP Ice). Although I see what you mean, I can generally play around him 80% of the time.

O noes! I thought I PMed you back *facepalm*. I am reluctant to replace Lanturn, as thus far, he has pretty much been the MVP of the team. (especially as he is pretty much my only answer to Special Threats at the moment Electric attacks mostly, Gliscor is immune, but any Water or Ice move accompanying that will see him off).

If you can handle it, then it is fine. I'm just pointing it out since Infernape is oh so common and you wouldn't like to lose to him. Just make sure you can use Rapid Spin as early as possible. I believe it won't be easy to Rapid Spin because of the prevalence of Rotom-A and the lack of a way to significantly damage him (RestTalk Rotom shrugs off Stone Edge hits and heals Toxic)..

What Blue Ace meant is that the Hitmontop sprite on the team building section is darker than the usual Hitmontop. Compare that sprite to the one on your actual team.

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe
Mmn, true. I mean no matter how well you plan for a team, it is the actual battle that counts. Luckily for me most Rotoms seen now are Scarfed, and now that Rotom gained Pain Split from HG/SS, I am hoping to see a drop in Rst/Tlk Rotom's usage.

Haha, oh yeah. I thought BA meant that I said something that might lead to people thinking that Hitmontop was African American >.<

umbreon_shadow27

Dark Trainer
Have you noticed that every pokemon except jirachi is holding leftovers?
You should use other items too.

Towriss

Banned
Why? that's completely unbackedupiffied

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
And that isn't a HGSS sprite. It's the Pokesho one.

EDIT: Yeah! I beat somone for once!

Also, that's a wimpy little tldr.

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe

We are talking Serebii, where a vast majority are too lazy to read the Guides or Rules here.

Also, that's a funtastic rate there. Yay, I'm spamming my own retirement RMT.

Last edited:
Quoted for truth

Awwwwww shiz hitmintop is now my nigga

And that isn't a HGSS sprite. It's the Pokesho one.

EDIT: Yeah! I beat somone for once!

none of those are HGSS. theyre pokesho

Guys, you know I have nothing against you but really, are those posts necessary? Where Wizard got his sprites from won't help his team get any better.

Also, that's a funtastic rate there. Yay, I'm spamming my own retirement RMT.

Retirement? You are kidding, right?

Wizard of 'Cos

Hi I'm Joe
Did you read the spoiler?

I'm not joking, I'll still be around, just not battling.

My Spoiler said:
Retiring from Competitive Battling

It's just getting a bit stale. Still keen to make some random sets every now and again, but I think it's getting close to the time to call it quits. (also I have exams coming up which is insentive to give it a break).

In fact, I didn't. But not because I didn't want to but because I can't see spoilers from my phone. I'm on the PS3 now so I saw it.

Don't quit :(. Retirement is ok but don't quit. I go into retirement every now and then so I don't get bored of the game so I get what you mean.

I should probably stop making posts like this one but I guess this post is an exception.