• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Taylor Swift is hot.

Gamefreak

image.php

Yeah, I was bored, and I decided to help a friend make this team since he was in a slump. I feel like I half/assed the descriptions since I have been very busy lately, but whatever. The team has tested pretty damn well so far even if it is bog standardish, and I would like fixes to help make the team better.

Changes I have been thinking of include LO Starmie > Scarfmie and Scarf Rachi > EB Rachi, but idk yet.

Here I present you team Taylor Swift is hot.

149.png
134.png
492.png
485.png
385.png
121.png

149.png

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 232 Atk / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite is an excellent anti lead. While it may not get an early Stealth Rock, it usually puts offensive momentum on my side of the playing field, and functions as an effective wallbreaker later in the game. ExtremeSpeed is for picking off Focus Sashes, and works well for a revenge kill in a pinch. Fire Blast and Superpower cover the steels and BlisseyLax, which are so quick to switch into Draco Meteor. Superpower is also better than Earthquake on this team because Shuca Heatran is extremely common. Draco Meteor is so ridiculously strong, there was once a topic on Smogon discussing how broken it is. There was once a debate on whether or not the dragons themselves were broken, or the moves. The speed EV's outrun Adamant Rhyperior, most Skarmory, most lead Metagross, and most CB Tyranitar. It also outruns Impish Breloom which can be useful. This team is kinda stall weak, and Dragonite helps patch it up a bit. It also appreciates the Wish support from Vaporeon to be a long lasting wallbreaking tank. Dragonite actually is my best Shaymin switch in with his solid resistences including one to grass!

134.png

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Surf
- Wish
- Hidden Power Electric

Vaporeon is a dedicated bulky water, wish supporter, and check to certain things which can trouble this team. Heatran, Infernape, Gengar, and Flygon to name a few. It provides an amazing water immunity to random Rain Dance teams don't rape me. Wish support helps keep the team healthy, which can be helpful for longer matches. Protect is to insure my Wishes go off without trouble, Surf is STAB, Wish heals Vaporeon and the team, and HP Electric was chosen simply because Offensive Gyarados can wreck the entire team if Starmie gets Pursuited/Tricks its Scarf. I did not go with the EV spread on Smogon since I feel a simple more focused 252HP/252Def/6SpD would be better for what I want to accomplish.

492.png

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rest
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shaymin is standard, but it wasn't always standard. If people saw someone using Shaymin a year ago, they would frown at it. This Shaymin plays your generic sweeping role. With its great base 100 speed, it can outrun a good amount of the metagame, fire strong attacks, and Rest up to live and fight another day. It can be extremely hard to switch into because of Seed Flare's SpD drop. Earth Power covers steels and Heatran, and Hidden Power Ice covers Dragonite/Zapdos. Scizor gets 2HKO'd by Earth Power after Stealth Rocks, and Forry will also lose if it gets hit by a SpD drop by Seed Flare. Shaymin is my usual switch in to bulky grounds, bulky waters, and helps complete the F/W/G core.

485.png

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is such a standard pokemon even if it is ridiculously easy to check due to its low speed and easily resisted STAB. The reason for that is because F/W/G cores are all the rage, he has great stats, great resistences, and enough of a movepool to get the job done. He is my Stealth Rocker, and I prefer not to lead with Heatran simply because he works much better later in the game when his checks are weakened or gone altogether. Shuca Berry lets me feign a choiced set, lets me beat other Heatran, and helps cover Heatran's *** against Metagross if I mispredict and switch in on its Earthquake. It also helps against Shaymin too. Fire Blast is nice strong STAB, Earth Power covers other Heatran, and Explosion helps break Snorlax and Blissey which can annoy this team. Hasty was chosen simply because Scizor is much less prevelant in the current metagame and because Zapdos/Rotom are more important to switch into with Heatran. Scizor won't break you unless it catches you in the switch with Superpower, but Zapdos and Rotom will win with Thunderbolt as they 2HKO you without Hasty. Works well to check Jirachi, generic steels, among others.

385.png

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpA / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunderbolt

While Jirachi is mainly seen as a Scarfer or a Calm Mind sweeper, this set takes advantage of that. Expert Belt Jirachi is an excellent wallbreaker, bait pokemon, and sweeper in general. It has amazing resistences, speed, type coverage, and patches up some things my team can be weak to like SD Scizor and SD Lucario. I use a generic 252/252 spread like most of the team, but there really isn't a reason not to. Ice Punch covers ground types and Dragonite. Iron Head is STAB'd and flinches things to death. Ice Punch hits grounds and dragons. Thunderbolt hits Skarmory, Gyarados, and other bulky waters. I usually use this Jirachi early in the game to break a hole for something else like Shaymin can abuse. It really appreciates Wish support simply because it doesn't run Lefties or bulk like other Jirachi usually would.

121.png

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Choice Scarf Starmie is a very uncommon threat, but it is why I chose it. It can outrun Scarfed Flygon, has unique resists, has access to Trick, and great STAB and coverage to make it different from other scarfed pokemon. I use a Modest nature with Hydro Pump to make up for the loss of power, and the lack of Recover is fine since I can end up healing Starmie with Wish support. Starmie is a great answer to physically based Infernape variants as well which can really run this team over. While it may not resist priority like Extreme Speed or take a Bullet Punch too well, it doesn't have to worry about taking on Scizor or Lucario because of Jirachi. Starmie can actually hit every simple member of a bog standard F/W/G core for SE damage, so switching into it can be difficult for a lot of teams. Thunderbolt hitting waters, Ice Beam hitting grasses, and Hydro Pump hitting Heatran and everything else.

Last edited:

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Ok Faladran, nice team you have here xD! First of all Kingdra basically sweeps you clean, like it sets up on three of your pokes and owns you pretty hard. Starmie won't stand a chance against it even though it might be faster, and Shaymin is basically your only hope at stopping it from sweeping your entire team. Also, you gotta realize that F/W/G teams are weak to Zapdos unless you pay extra special attention to it. This one is no different as Sub Roost Zapdos kills this entire team really easily. Life Orb will basically KO everything since your sole electric resist is destroyed by Zapdos' other moves. You might want to drop your Starmie for an alternative Choice Scarf Flygon. Although you're a lot slower, you lose the pursuit weak, and you can gain an extra electric resist, and check Kingdra and the Tyranitar weakness that I haven't even talked about. Finally, you need to change your Jirachi spread up. Although Jirachi lures Skarmory in, it can't really KO it unless you have some prior damage first. This is why I think you should change to a Calm Mind + Wish Jirachi set as it allows you to break down stall since Skarmory spikes on now three [including Flygon] of your Pokemon.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Timid 252 HP | 80 Def | 176 Spe Serene Grace
Calm Mind | Wish | Psychic | Thunderbolt

This spread allows you to outrun threats like Jolly Lucario and it also gives you the ability to win in the Calm Mind war versus offensive cune which standard CM Wish Jirachi can't do. Although you're a bit less bulky, those positives definitely outweigh the negatives. Also, it provides you with good support for your other team members, like Heatran.

Finally, you need probably replace Vappy. Even though it is a really nice Ape check, I think that you could do better by using a Bulky CM Roar Suicune. Since Kingdra is a big threat to your team [it really only needs 2 DDs to outrun Flygon], I think that running a CM Roar Cune could help you out. This gives you the ability to phaze annoying pokemon like Kingdra and other Suicune away. In fact you can lure other Suicune in, CM up to +6 and then roar them away, wiping the floor with the opponent's entire team.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Timid 252 HP | 40 Def | 216 Spe Pressure
Calm Mind | Surf | Ice Beam | Roar

The EVs allow you to outrun Lucario, which is always really important, so now this team really has more than enough Lucario checks so you shouldn't be getting swept by it, which I know you love doing.

All I have to say, nice team Faladran xD

artbomber_97

Ultimate Aritist
On Jirachi, you can drop something for Grass Knot, as it allows you to lure in Swampert and OHKO it.

TheAwesomeOne

I use Heatran as a lead:
Heatran@Focus Sash
252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Att
Naive/Hasty
Flash Fire
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Explosion
Always use Stealth Rocks first, unless you know the opponent is going to user either Fake Out or Taunt. If you do use SR, and you are faster, and the opponent makes you hang on with the sash, Explode, unless the opponent has a priority move, then switch, make sure no entry hazard are in, safe switch back in, and Explode.