1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Team Theory: Cores of X/Y OU

Discussion in '6th Gen' started by Eaglehawk, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namelesskitty

Namelesskitty Skitty Swag

Gourgeist-Small @ Leftovers
    Ability: Frisk
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 Def
    Calm Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Leech Seed
    - Pain Split
    - Substitute

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

These two work nicely together for me, with gourgiest-s taking a surprizingly low amount of damage from physical moves and spinblocking ridiculously well against excadrill in particular, while t-tar can take quite a few special hits to the face with the sand defense boost while still providing hazards and a considerable offensive presence. While I understand that gourgiest isn't exactly that great this core is meant to showcase its potential when used right. This tends to work well on defensive teams and often needs team support against rotom-w. Where these two have really shined for me is against choice users, which give me a free turn to set up rocks or a sub. all in all, it's kind of a gimmick to use gourgiest, but it still is surprizingly effective.

Edit: frisk is also good to scout sets on pokemon that can run multiple ones effectively or find out which charizard you're facing (but that can be pretty dangerous for gourgiest so I don't reccomend it.)

2. McDanger

McDanger Well-Known Member

any reason you use small instead of super as its better as a wall, just slower.

3. Namelesskitty

Namelesskitty Skitty Swag

Small can set up a sub faster, that makes substalling more doable, I haven't got specific numbers, but consider 99 speed vs 54 and equal defenses, the only change is 30 higher hp, however, most of the damage I take on it is percentage based so the hp stat doesn't matter (sub costs 25% no matter what, toxic and burn or entry hazards are also based on %) it's best for me to avoid letting it take direct damage as much as possible to increase its staying power. I rarely take stat based damage at all except on a sub. Also it makes pain split all the more effective.

Does that help answer your question?

4. McDanger

ya i figured it was due to speed, just seems a bit odd but if it works

5. Ace Trainer Riana

Ace Trainer Riana Well-Known Member

Infiltrator Chandelure will wreck that Gourgeist

6. Clone™

Clone™ Ded

Im assuming thats where TTar comes in. TTar pretty much walls Chandelure with SpDef investment. Remember, cores are Pokes that work well together to cover for each other.

7. PootisPancake

PootisPancake Member

Here is a core you might be familiar with on stall teams and maybe on some bulky offense teams

Heatranny (Heatran) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Calm Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar
    - Toxic
    - Lava Plume

P****aur (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Synthesis
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Leech Seed

Scr*t*m-Wash (Rotom-Wash) @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
    Bold Nature
    - Rest
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch

This is a popular FWG core,with FWG cores providing many free switches.Sorry if the nicknames are a bit obscene,I couldnt think of any others.Anyways,Physically defensive rotom-w checks and counters talonflame,which would otherwise threaten the star of the core.Specially defensive heatran to set up rocks for passive damage,and physically defensive mega venusaur to check the more physical threats that might threaten the rest of the core.This should be a common,almost standard,core for stall teams because about 50~ percent of the meta is covered in the core.

8. Puddingg

Puddingg Clefairy Lover ^_^

CeleTran core of ~circa 07 still works really well in 6th gen even with the stupid power creep.

9. Aeon™

Aeon™ Rock Ultimate

Not that I play a lot, but I don't really see many Celebi, but just looking at the top 10 used Pokemon last night... 7 of them can deal massive damage to Celebi. I honestly don't think it's as effective as it used to be, and you may benefit by using another mon to fill the role.

10. BugZ

BugZ Look Left------>

4-Man Defensive core. Requires a lot of switching to lock them down so Rapid Spin support is needed, which I use in the form of Starmie, but there are probably a lot of other options out there besides it.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    -Scald
    -Recover
    -Ice Beam
    -Toxic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP 232 Def 24 Spe
    Impish Nature
    -Brave Bird
    -Roost
    -Stealth Rock
    -Taunt

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    -Seismic Toss
    -Thunder Wave
    -Soft-Boiled
    -Aromatherapy

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
    Ability: Insomnia
    EVs: 252 HP 4 Atk 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    -Seed Bomb
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Pain Split
    -Leech Seed

Skarmory's Fire and Electric weaknesses are both covered by Gastrodon, while Electric can be covered by Gourgeist if need be. Blissey's fighting weakness is covered by Gourgeist. Gastrodon's Grass weakness is covered by Gourgeist and Skarmory. Gourgeist's Ghost weakness is covered by Blissey and Skarmory, his Fire weakness is covered by Gastrodon, his Flying and Dark weaknesses are covered by Skarmory. The only thing not covered is Gourgeist's Ice weakness, which to be honest, is almost irrelevant and an Ice Beam is easily taken by Blissey even though it's not resisted. The only Poke that this core seems to struggle with is Trevenant, but otherwise it's very resilient and hard to break. Even when one of them faints, the opponent tends to be so far behind at that point that it doesn't matter.

11. Ironthunder

Ironthunder The Uncultured One

This setup covers many bases, and is viable for online use IMO

Florges@Miracle Seed
    Ability: Flower Veil
    EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 SpDef, 4 Speed
    -Petal Dance/Energy Ball
    -Moonblast
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind/HP Ground/Rock

Hydreigon@Iron Plate
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Flash Cannon
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Dark Pulse
    -Flamethrower/Surf

Alakazam@Alakazite
    Ability: Synchronize>Trace
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 SpAtk, 4 SpDef
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Energy Ball
    -Dazzling Gleam

The set covers several things. Florges destroys Azumarills with Miracle Seed and Energy Ball or Petal Dance, while Moonblast devastates Dark, Fighting and Dragon types, which reaaly helps the rest of the team. Hydreigon packs Iron Plate and Flash Cannon to deal severe damage to Fairies and Ice/Rock types, with Flamethrower to cover for Bug and Steel types. Dark Pulse deals with Ghost or Psychic types that can be an issue. Mega Alakazam deals with Poison types, with Shadow Ball to kill off Ghost and Psychic types, whilst Dazzling Gleam covers for Dark types.
    This team is versatile, but has issues when it comes to Talonflame, as it lacks any real counter aside from HP Rock.

12. McDanger

Tyranitar manhandles your core, florges fails to do much due to the sp def increase from sand as well as its bulk in general, while mega tyranitar can set up and sweep at +1 with dragon dance and general coverage.

13. Clone™

Clone™ Ded

So thanks to the new RMT Competition, I found a great core that works/

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Super Power

Garchomp @ Garchompite
    Rash Nature
    Sand Veil/ Force
    80 Atk 252 SpAtk 176 Spe
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast

Azumarill @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    Huge Power
    124 HP 252 Atk 132 Spe
    -Aqua Jet
    -Waterfall
    -Play Rough
    -Super Power

So these spreads may seem a bit weird, but I use this core on a web team, and it works admirably. TTar provides Sand Support for MegaChomp, which fires off boosted Earthquakes and Stone Edges at his opponents to nuke em. If he gets burned, or runs into Gliscor or Lando, all he has to do is use Draco Meteor to OHKO. Fire Blast takes things like Scizor and Ferrothorn and urns them into a crisp. TTar hits fairly hard, dealing with Flying types, as well as checking Latios pretty well. He hard counters Talonflame, which can pose somewhat of a problem it he carries a Choice Band. Conk shits on Chomp and TTar, so Azumarill is able to hard counter him and OHKO with Play Rough. The speed EVs plow me to outdpseed uninvested base 65s, such as Scizor so I can Aqua Jet before the Bullet Punch. Fairies do tend to give these guys problems, but I have AV Metagross on the full team to take care of them.

14. Minedreigon

Minedreigon A monument to all your sins

Why hasn't this core been mentioned already?

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
    Naive Nature
    - Earth Power
    - U-turn
    - Psychic
    - Sludge Wave

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Hydro Pump
    - Secret Sword
    - Icy Wind

This is pretty much the INCREDIBLY dangerous core from gen 5 that led to the ban of Lando-I ,but with a couple of twists. First of all is Ttar is now mega Ttar, giving the team a very powerful Pursuit trapper for Keldeo so it can take out Lati@s and over Psychics, Keldeo's main threats. If the opportunity arises Ttar can DD and attempt a nifty sweep. Quite powerful in general anyway.

Lando I in this case is not the Sand Force one, but the sheer force one. I have a very good reason for this, that being its insane power and Mega Venusaur. It's normally a huge threat to the core, but with Psychic...
    252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 192-229 (52.7 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. A 2HKO is great to lando on it (get it? Lando instead of land! OOOOOOOOOHHHHH) as it would normally be a huge threat to the entire core. It also has U-Turn to easily switch into Keldeo, Sludge Wave for fairy removal as the other 2 don't like Fairies, and Earth Power for sheer power. Once again,an amazing team member to have.

Keldeo is a special CM set with... Expert Belt, but why? Simple,with this you can bluff the choice item, so when they switch into say Blissey to take the scarf/specs Hydro, then get smashed by Secret Sword, or you could just CM and reveal the master plan. With Hydro Pump their for massive damage, Secret sword for special walls like Blissey and Icy Wind to hit possibly dangerous dargons, and CM to boost up, Keldeo is sure a scary thing.

Threats

Banded Terrakion- Speed tieing with the fastest member, it has a move to destroy each member, CC for 2 and Stone Edge for 1. Its a big threat, so try packing an Azumarril as a check or Skarm as a counter, or Aegis, but Aegis is worried about EQ. Scarf Terrakion is a threat as well.

Azumarril- BellyJet and Band are both very dangerous, Keldeo cant do much at all to it and gets hit by Play rough, Ttar gets hit by Play Rough and Lando gets owned by Aqua Jet. Try maybe min speed Aegis but then BellyJet can wreak. The only thing to 100% beat this thing is to make Ttar a normal one and add Mega Venusaur tbh, as that thing 100% counters Azumarril. You could also run Thundy and Twave it/bolt it, but that applies for most threats to the team

Keldeo with HP Electric, moreso specs- Scary stuff. The HP Electric is gonna hit your own Keldeo very hard, And its going to most likely destroy the rest of the core. Again, the Mega Venusaur idea works, or Latias

Char X- After +1 you are done. Don't let it set up OR run Twave Thundy or Intimidate Bulky Krookodile.

Alternative Sets

Keldeo:
    Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
    Hasty Nature
    - Sacred Sword
    - Icy Wind
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power [Bug]

Tyranitar:
    Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  15. [​IMG]
    Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Focus Blast
    - Sludge Wave
    - Gravity

[​IMG]
    Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang

Gravity Landorus Incarnate is a gimmick, but an amazing one. The two things that wall Mega Gyarados the best are Skarmory and Zapdos, both of which are OHKO'd (Sturdy tho :[) by Earth Power, thanks to Gravity. If Zapdos doesn't run HP Ice, Landorus has the ability to switch into both Skarmory and Zapdos, set up Gravity, and either kill Skarm/Zappy, force the opponent to sac something, or switch into a pink blob.

Mega Gyarados, with the two of them out of the way, can be an absolute monster and nearly impossible to stop after he gets one DD under his belt. Once he gets two, it's over unless your opponent has a Bulky Steel like Ferrothorn or Scizor, both of which also get beat by Lando.

+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 296-350 (81.3 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 476-560 (123.9 - 145.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 584-688 (152.8 - 180.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 386-456 (127.8 - 150.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 248-292 (58.4 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery - +2 0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 180-213 (54.2 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 370-436 (98.9 - 116.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 384-452 (118.5 - 139.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 342-403 (97.4 - 114.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 740-872 (228.3 - 269.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 420-494 (100 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Unaware Clefable: 424-499 (107.6 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It also has the ability to OHKO any Steel type that doesn't float/fly, any Ground/Rock type (including ones with Sturdy, thanks to Mold Breaker), any Dragon that isn't Dragon/Ice, and nearly anything found on a HO team.

Threats to this core

[spoil]Common Pokemon
    [​IMG] CB Azumarill
    CB sets just ruin this core, being able to tank a +2 Earthquake from Mega Gyarados and return with a Play Rough that OHKOs with ease, and then OHKO Lando with a priority Aqua Jet. If it is NOT banded and not at +6 after a Belly Drum, Aqua Jet won't kill Lando, so Lando can just use Sludge Wave and OHKO a major threat.

[​IMG] Black Kyurem
    This thing in general ruins this team. It can tank anything Mega Gyarados can throw at it and hit with an insanely strong Fusion Bolt that doesn't kill without Rocks up. Sub + 3 Attacks can nail Mega Gyarados and Landorus, OHKOing both with Rocks up. Scarf sets are even more dangerous, being able to bait in Landorus, thinking it can either scare out Kyurem or OHKO with Focus Blast, but to realize it is Scarfed too little too late. Scarf Black Kyurem also outspeeds Mega Gyarados at +1, so it can get a Fusion Bolt, tank an attack, and then finish off Mega Gyara.

[​IMG] Thundurus-Incarnate
    This thing outspeeds both Pokemon and can OHKO with either Thunderbolt or HP Ice. Thundurus with Thunder Wave is most threatening thing to this core, being able to take Gyarados out of the game with by paralyzing it is huge if the Lando/Gyarados team lacks something with Heal Bell / Healing Wish.

[​IMG] Mega Manectric
    This thing outspeeds both Lando and Gyarados, and OHKOs both. It can't switch into either, and can't beat a Mega Gyarados at +1, but it is still a big threat.

Uncommon Pokemon:

[​IMG] HP Electric Keldeo
    This thing can simply outspeed and OHKO both of my Pokemon, and can tank a hit from +1 Mega Gyarados. Not much more to it, you need something else to beat this thing.

[​IMG] HP Ice Zapdos
    Landorus brings the ability to OHKO Zapdos with Gravity Earth Power, but if Landorus doesn't have the ability to hit Zapdos after using Earth Power, Zapdos is still around and still can tank anything Mega Gyarados can throw at it. HP Ice isn't seen that much, since Roost / Defog / Heat Wave / Thunderbolt or Volt Switch is pretty much the only set ever used, with good reason. Roost is always helpful, and is even more helpful on an SR weak Defogger. Defog doesn't really need an explanation, it takes hazards off the field, which can be huge. Heat Wave is needed so Zappy can beat Aegislash, which is insanely valuable. Thunderbolt / Volt Switch is STAB Electric type move, used to hit things like Mega Gyarados, Azumarill, and others.

[​IMG] Terrakion
    Banded and Life Orb OHKO Gyarados, whether it be Mega with Close Combat or non-Mega with Stone Edge (CB Stone Edge does 68-80% to Mega Gyarados), and can 2HKO Landorus with banded CC, or hit Lando with LO CC and then finish it off with a Stone Edge.

[​IMG] Crocune
    Unless I get lucky and crit it with Landorus before it kills me with Scald, which has a 37.5% to OHKO at +1, and is guaranteed to kill at +2, this thing destroys this core. Mega Gyarados has a 25% of killing Suicune at +6, so there's no way I'll beat it before it burns me with Scald.

[​IMG] Freeze Dry Mamoswine
    Ice Shard OHKOs Landorus, and LO 0 SpA Freeze Dry deals 89% min to non-Mega Gyarados on the switch. It's really silly and almost never seen, but it can single handedly ruin this core.[/spoil]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  16. Mye

Mye Someone has to win..

I actually have a pretty interesting defensive "core" that I've been using in OU wifi battles as of late:

Porygon 2 @ Eviolite (Trace)
    Modest, 252HP/216Def/40SpDef
    -Flamethrower
    -Ice Beam
    -Toxic
    -Recover

Sableye @ Choice Scarf (Prankster)
    Impish, 252HP/252Def/4SpDef
    -Trick
    -Will o Wisp
    -Recover
    -Foul Play

Porygon 2 remains an underrated defensive threat in the common OU metagame. With scarily high defenses, consistent recovery, and a usable special attack stat, it can easily serve as a counter to some of the most widely used pokemon in OU (notably aegislash, talonflame, and greninja). The main problem with porygon2 though is its vulnerability to both knock off and top-tier special walls like blissey, hence where sableye comes in. This sableye set in particular serves two main roles: crippling one of your opponent's pokemon permanently with a choice item and either killing or burning the abundance of physical attackers in the tier.

252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 140-166 (37.4 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    40+ SpA Porygon2 Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Blade: 266-314 (82 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    40+ SpA Porygon2 Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 110-130 (33.9 - 40.1%) -- 33.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
    252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 140-165 (37.4 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 126-148 (33.6 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

17. Clone™

Clone™ Ded

^youll need something to handle Conkeldurr for that core. As an avid user of Conk on Wifi, I've easily defeated both Pokémon you mention right here. Payback hits for a solid 100BP against Sableye whenever you try to recover, and Porgon is self explanatory when it comes to Drain Punch.

Of course, Mega Venusaur has a field day with Conk, but I don't know if you use him or not.

18. Aurath90

Aurath90 Member

The Core I'm using at the moment is;

Umbreon - Leftovers
    Bold - Synchronize
    - Moonlight
    - Toxic
    - Swagger
    - Foul play

And

Roserade - Black Sludge
    Calm - Natural cure
    - Toxic
    - Synthesis
    - Aromatherapy
    - Venom Drench

The idea is that Roserade can toxic her foe and then Venom drench them so they become effectively useless. You could easily run an attack so she can do some damage over Aromatherapy.
    Umbreon is an AMAZING pokemon, solid wall and with Swagger to confuse and then foul play can pack a surprising punch. Even on walls or special attackers, Umbreons natural special defence means it has no problem swaggering to boost there attack stat so he can take advantage of it.

These two work well to cripple the foe is two ways, by either dragging there attack, special attack and speed down with Vemon drench or by building up there attack and taking them out with Foul play.
    The thing I love most about Umbreon is you need no attack investment to do damage because it uses its foes attack stat.

Lastly, these two work great together as poison covers Dark's weaknesses perfectly so Roserade can switch out to take on what Umbreon fears and Umbreon can come in to take physical attacks fairly easily, able to heal off the damage with moonlight.

19. Clone™

Clone™ Ded

^and this is when Steel types have a field day.

In all honesty, Venom Drench is a gimmick more than anything, and a pretty bad one at that. These guys can't do ANYTHING to steel types whatsoever, and there is nothing stopping the Venom Drenched Pokémon from switching out.

Also Swagger and Venom Drench are redundant.

20. Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Earth Power
    - Sludge Wave
    - Psychic

Keldeo (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Secret Sword
    - Icy Wind
    - Hidden Power [Flying]

These two were a popular core back in Gen 5, and are back to rip holes in peoples' teams. Calm Mind Landorus is a powerful sweeper that shreds through defensive teams and becomes surprisingly specially bulky after a few boosts, but it has trouble breaking through things like Skarmory that resist/are immune to its main moves. This is where Keldeo comes in, being a veritable nuke after Landorus has cleaned up. It handles things like Bisharp and Kyurem-B that could potentially cause Landorus some pain, while Lando lures in Mega Venu and Azumarill and cripples them, allowing Keldeo to sweep.

It's a powerful offensive duo, but it really struggles with the Lati twins. Bisharp works as a good partner in this regard, as teams based around this core are likely to be hyper offensive (where Bisharp fits perfectly).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.