• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team True Ant [BS Singles]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
SupernovafinishwithoverlayMovedPicsFont1Purplethinnerborder_zps575e38e9.png

Thanks to Dragonicwari for the Banner
Thanks to Archstaraptor for the name of the Team

So, lately I've been wanting to build a Subway Singles Team. Previously, I tested out a TrickScarf Team, as seen in a previous RMT of mine. It was not my style, as each Battle took extremely long and I kept losing at Battle 21 ~ 28 due to stupid mistakes. I did some more thinking, and eventually I decided I was going to try out a Truant Chain Team, as they set up fairly quickly and are very effective since the AI won't switch once they receive Truant. This Team has been very successful thus far, and has had little trouble reaching the 63 mark. I'm not going to post proof as I haven't lost yet. Once I do lose, I plan to post the Final Streak. I've also included a Teambuilding section since wynaut.

[img139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/632.png[/img139]​

• Obviously, the whole point of this Team was to pass Truant to the opponent and set up a Sweeper. Now, Durant is the only Pokemon that can learn both Entrainment and Truant, so he had be the starting point. With a Scarf, he outspeeds the whole Subway, so he's guaranteed to pass Truant at least once.

[img139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/632.png[/img139][img139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/445.png[/img139]​

• I decided to add Garchomp as a Sweeper, since although he dosen't have a way of manually boosting Speed, he is faster at setting up, and the faster I can finish a Battle the better. Having half decent Synergy with Durant ain't bad either.

[img139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/632.png[/img139][img139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/445.png[/img139][img139]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/130.png[/img139]​

• Here was the part where Teambuilding got tricky for me. Outside of Garchomp, I had no solid resist to Fire, and Garchomp alone wouldn't do. Water Type Moves could also prove annoying with no resist. I thought of trying out Latios, but after 7 Battles of trying him I liked Gyarados more due to DD.

• The whole point of this Team is a Truant Chain created by Durant. I use Entrainment on the opposing Lead, and then it's much easier to predict what they will do as they Truant every second turn. Rather than KOing the opposing Lead I set up. When they Truant, if Durant isn't dead, I switch to Gyarados or Garchomp depending on what the opponent's Lead is. They Protect or Sub when the opponent isn't stuck in Truant unless the opponent is using a non-damaging move as well. When they Truant, I set up until I'm ready to sweep. From there it's simple.

632.png

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Truant
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
• Superpower
• Iron Head
• X-Scissor
• Entrainment

• As I said earlier, without Durant this Team is garbage. I was kinda lazy to figure out how much Speed I could remove so I went with a boring 4 / 252 / 252. Yeah, I don't care if I wasted EVs. Anyways, this Durant is standard. I lead with him 110% of the time and use Entrainment right away. Afterwards, he's useless unless my Sweepers die or I need him to KO the Lati@s, who can beat Gyara and Chomp some times. Superpower hits Steel Types and all that, the Atk drop dosen't matter since Durant rarely uses it. X-Scissor and Iron Head are STABs, and Entrainment is you know, Entrainment.

445.png

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly
• Earthquake
• Swords Dance
• Dragon Claw
• Substitute

• I like Garchomp. But he still sucks Dragonite compared to Salamence. Anyways, I went with a standard SD Garchomp. Earthquake and DC are STABs. SD is my boosting Move, normally after one SD I start sweeping. Substitute is used instead of Protect since Garchomp needs a way around faster Dragons like the Lati@s. He has no way of boosting Speed, so Sub is the only way of him dealing with fast Threats.

130.png

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
• Dragon Dance
• Waterfall
• Ice Fang
• Protect

• Gyarados is a ton of fun to use. DD is my set up Move, one of the reasons I went with Gyarados is he can boost Speed. Waterfall is STAB and Ice Fang is just random coverage I guess. I ran Protect + Lum since Gyara can boost Speed unlike Garchomp; he won't need Sub after a few DDs and he won't worry about crits when he's OHKOing most things. Lum just protects me from Status since I can't run Leftovers. I know some people will mention MoxieDos, but to quote from my other RMT.

me said:
Anyways. The reason I went with IntimidateMenceDos > MoxieMenceDos is that tbh IntimidateMenceDos gets more oppurtunity's to DD than MoxieMenceDos. To the contrary, it won't hit as hard unless I DD multiple times, so MoxieMenceDos does indeed set up faster, but as I've said, I use IntimidateMenceDos since it can set up more often.

Well, that's been my first detailed RMT in a while. kthnxbai

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
I like this team a lot. I never thought of using a combo like Truant+ Entrainment. I think I'm gonna call it EnTRUANTment. Garchomp seems fine. I think Gyarados could use Earthquake to combat those Electric types.

Last edited:

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
As I've said before,a team with a true ant is not going to encounter many problems at all-the opponent isn't intelligent enough to realise it's done for.
Therefore,I can't really suggest much to improve it,apart from swap out Garchomp for something that has huge coverage that can deal with resilient physically defensive opponents-i.e. a good sp.attacker.
Currently,your team could run into trouble with a defensive behemoth with an ice/electric move.But hey,it's looking good-best of luck with the streak ^ ^

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Macroboom said:
I like this team a lot. I never thought of using a combo like Truant+ Entrainment. I think I'm gonna call it EnTRUANTment. Garchomp seems fine. I think Gyarados could use Earthquake to combat those Electric types.

I guess you could call it that x) I'm not sure if I have Earthquake as a TM or not yet. I still prefer Ice Fang tho, as Garchomp can already deal with Electric Types as it is, and Ice Fang hits Dragon Types. Garchomp isn't going to KO every Dragon it sees. Thanks for the rate!

Archstaraptor said:
As I've said before,a team with a true ant is not going to encounter many problems at all-the opponent isn't intelligent enough to realise it's done for.
Therefore,I can't really suggest much to improve it,apart from swap out Garchomp for something that has huge coverage that can deal with resilient physically defensive opponents-i.e. a good sp.attacker.
Currently,your team could run into trouble with a defensive behemoth with an ice/electric move.But hey,it's looking good-best of luck with the streak ^ ^

I see what you mean, but things like Skarmory haven't been difficult to beat. +2 Dragon Claw does a fair bit to it, and most of the time they'll phase me so Gyara can hit it with Waterfall and vice versa. With proper set up, Walls aren't a problem. But yeah, Ice Type Moves could be a problem, during my first run I lost to Barrier Glaceon since I went for a Durant Sweep. I was testing out Latios instead of Gyarados and it really disen;t perform like I had hoped. I'm not really willing to replace Garchomp either :/ But thanks! ^^

Anyways, I'm going to ask Shine to close this for now, I'll hopefully get it reopened once I get my final streak.

KillerDraco

Then it has no way to deal with grass types, who resist both Waterfall and Earthquake, or dragons, who resist Waterfall and the most prominent dragons (such as Dragonite, Salamence, Latios, Latias, and Hydreigon) are immune to Earthquake. Most Electric types (aside from Chinchou, Lanturn, and Rotom-W) are at least hit neutrally by Waterfall or Ice Fang, and after a few boosts they'll die regardless.

Anyway.

My only concern would be Garchomp's lack of speed. The fact that he powers up to +6 attack twice as fast is nice, but still. Just seems like something that could potentially be an issue, but then again, that's mostly theorymonning more than anything. If it works, no need to switch it out for a DD'er, since Garchomp does have a respectable speed tier that is by no means bad, and it doesn't take long for Garchomp to hit like a truck.

Edit: Whoops, looks like I was a little late on that one.

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
An example of a Pokemon Archstaraptor explained could be Lapras. I know it coul learn BoltBeam, but I'm not sure how common it would be.

Edit: I meant to replace Protect. I know it's an excellent move, but one chance to evade attacks, maybe two, isn't really going to help. And if he decided to keep Protect, what would be a bigger threat, Grass or Electric?

Edit 2: Haha! Now I get it! I can't believe I forgot EnTRUANTment. Protect is for a free DD setup. Now I feel dumb.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Then it has no way to deal with grass types, who resist both Waterfall and Earthquake, or dragons, who resist Waterfall and the most prominent dragons (such as Dragonite, Salamence, Latios, Latias, and Hydreigon) are immune to Earthquake. Most Electric types (aside from Chinchou, Lanturn, and Rotom-W) are at least hit neutrally by Waterfall or Ice Fang, and after a few boosts they'll die regardless.

Anyway.

My only concern would be Garchomp's lack of speed. The fact that he powers up to +6 attack twice as fast is nice, but still. Just seems like something that could potentially be an issue, but then again, that's mostly theorymonning more than anything. If it works, no need to switch it out for a DD'er, since Garchomp does have a respectable speed tier that is by no means bad, and it doesn't take long for Garchomp to hit like a truck.

Edit: Whoops, looks like I was a little late on that one.

I thought you'd somehow slip a post in :p

I see what you mean. Originally, I had the same thought, but after using Garchomp for some time, as long as he has his Sub intact when they send in something like the Lati@s I'm safe. Most of the time I make sure to be at +2 and still have my Sub up before I attempt a Sweep. But yeah, fair point. I do have a Salamence anyways should I feel like sacking Garchomp.

Thanks for the rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.