1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Team Valor Hangout Thread

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by JX Valentine, Jul 9, 2016.

1. JX Valentine

JX Valentine ██████████

Team Valor Hangout Thread!
    [​IMG]

Looking for other members of the bold, fire-red Team Valor? You've come to the right place! Here, you can talk about GO, swap tips and tricks, talk about your gyms, and generally connect with the other people of your noble team.

Please note! This is NOT an ordinary chat/OOC thread. When using these threads to chat, please stay on-topic and restrict the chatter to only GO-related subjects! Should you wish to talk about anything else with your teammates, please take it to PM or VM. Thank you!

Team Valor Members:
    [spoil]Ashla
    Cometstarlight
    CryHavoc91
    Dragalge
    Excitable Boy
    FairyWitch
    Firebrand
    Flandre
    gambit
    Ichthyostega
    Ilikepiex7
    Ithanul
    Kranar
    jabber2033
    JX Valentine
    Laurelai
    LudaChris78
    Mega Altaria
    Missingno. Master
    Mizz Nikki
    NewSchoolBoxer
    Outburstz
    sheepgoesmeep
    Tempo777
    UmbrionKnight
    Yung Goos
    [/spoil]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. Ashla

Ashla New Member

Wooo! Delighted to be part of Team Valor! Who else here is on this team? :)

3. JX Valentine

JX Valentine ██████████

Haaaaaay~! *throws sparkles* Welcome to Team Valor, the team that took over the White House gym ... and is apparently getting curbstomped everywhere else. (Idk, is anyone else's town getting taken over by Mystic? Because I've heard from at least two FB friends that that's the case.)

Also, another beginning question: what made you folks choose the ever-glorious Team Valor?

Myself? I totally just joined because my local Ingress faction told me to. 8D BUT NO REGRETS AFTER MERICA.

4. Tempo777

Tempo777 Bird Keeper

Took over 2 gyms in my neighbourhood today and had 2 people join me in defending already, so even though right now people are equally divided over the teams around here, Team Valour is still winning

EDIT: Why team Valor? Who doesn't like a flaming red duck! I guess I just liked the colour red

5. LudaChris78

LudaChris78 Well-Known Member

Took over my first gym as a member of team valor! My vaporeon is a beast! Happy to be on the best team.

6. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

The gym near me is constantly changing hands. It's been all three in the past 48 hours, but now Instinct has it with some 400CP Pokemon. I don't have the CP levels to compete yet, but I'll try to take it back again soon.

7. Laurelai

Laurelai Well-Known Member

Team Valor from Melbourne Beach Florida :D Hello all! Just hit level 6 tonight and tried to take a gym. We're a small-ish community, so the gym was held by a 250 CP pokemon, and I only have 150-ish yet. THIS SHALL CHANGE!!!

8. Ilikepiex7

Ilikepiex7 Well-Known Member

I picked this team because the moltres icon looked better then the articuno and zapdos icon.

9. Kranar

Kranar New Member

I chose Valor because all the gyms in town were red already. Just spent the afternoon taking all 3 of the gyms in the next town over, although I doubt I'll be able to hold them long. I've yet to see a hint of yellow anywhere in the area, all red and blue so far.

10. sheepgoesmeep

sheepgoesmeep Ta-dah!

I joined Team Valor mainly because our leaders silhouette looks pretty cute, I hope we'll properly see her in an update

11. Firebrand

Firebrand Indomitable

Valor's for fire types man. Team Valor Boston faction for life.

(Jax, I know this comes as such a shock to you)

12. JX Valentine

JX Valentine ██████████

pffffft REALLY I THOUGHT YOU'D BE TEAM INSTINCT.

No, but forreals, welcome to the cult team, everyone! Including you, Firebrand. ;D

That said, the other teams have gotten their parties started, so we'd better step up our game, amirite? How're the gym ratios looking for you guys? Raise your hand if your city is overrun by Team Mystic!

*raises hand and cries*

13. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

I'm here to announce that I'm here as a member of Team Valor. Simply because Valor sounds like a cool name, red is my favourite colour and that most of the gyms in my town are Valor gyms

14. Firebrand

Firebrand Indomitable

Pseudo-Nietzschean will-to-power nonsense with fire type trappings? It's like it was made for me.

also Zapdos is a jerk, pass it on

Honestly, Boston's financial district is going back and forth all the time. There are a few gyms around my office building, and at any given time they tend to fluctuate between red and blue. The State Street gym was even Team Instinct for a little while, but then blue, and then red, and then blue, and then red again, etc. came in and stomped them out. That being said, the blues are pretty entrenched at South Station. I would love to get in on the action and help take it back IF I COULD USE THE APP WITHOUT IT CRASHING EVERY 45 SECONDS

15. JX Valentine

JX Valentine ██████████

Good to see the Ingress spirit is alive and well in its Pokémon-heavy sister game. 8D

That said, yeeeeah, between this and the security issue, I'mma gonna wonder who's gettin' fired from the Niantic QA team. But in all seriousness, somehow, it seems heavily appropriate that Boston of all places would flip back and forth between blue and red. May the server resolve itself soon SO YOU CAN TAKE THE ONLY PLACE THAT MATTERS IN THAT CITY FORREALS.

That and tbqh, another Bostonian friend of mine has told me that the blues in general are a force up your way. If so, I can only give you the best of luck, my friend. *puts a hand on your shoulder dramatically*

In the meantime, I'm heading to NYC this weekend (nearest big city in my neck of the woods), guys, and I'll be sure to report to all of you just how blue it is down there. 8D Although idk, a lot of my NYC friends seem to be picking red, and NYC is traditionally an Enlightened stronghold in the sister game, soooo ... maybe it won't be that bad? Wish me luck!

16. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

hey guys I just joined team valor which moltres rocks :p I mostly been seeing lately alot of team mystic around my part of town though >.> I tried to claim a gym right next to my house actually but the game froze before I could battle >.< plus had to go back to the house since we were walking the dog it was hot today where I live which he needed water.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  17. Ichthyostega

Ichthyostega New Member

Hello everyone ❤️
    Proud to be a part of Team Valor here in Rapid City, SD! Let's paint the town RED!!!❤️

18. Firebrand

Firebrand Indomitable

Man, those Team Mystic guys are mean. Not just in the sense that they take over gyms, but they seem very vocal and very not nice.

Tbh kind of thought Valor was going to be the fanatic "My team or die!" type folks so I guess it's good I didn't throw in with a bunch of fanatics? Oh who am I kidding I totally would have anyway

19. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Went to a park today and caught some Pokemon. Hatched a Psyduck, which is nice. I needed him.

The real kicker was that there was a whole group of 5 or 6 teens that came by. They...didn't have any nice things to say about Valor. "Valor's just filled with a bunch of douchebags. Gotta clean the place of all of them. Nobody wants them anyway." I then proceeded to up our gym's prestige FOR Valor and then put my own Pokemon in, to which I heard the guy say, "Oh my god, do I have to defeat all of these Pokemon? They're levels are so high."

Couldn't tell ya what team they were on, but man were they rude and not just in game. Just arrogant teens. : /

20. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

I don't think its just the team itself its just the people that join teams as the areas we are in some people of teams will be super rude and others will be super nice. I wouldn't really be to crazy about people like that because they just mad that we have better pokes then them :p I haven't meet any mystic or instinct members yet while walking but if they are rude pshhh they got a problem with themselves.