• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Valor Hangout Thread

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Team Valor Hangout Thread!
teamvalor.png

Looking for other members of the bold, fire-red Team Valor? You've come to the right place! Here, you can talk about GO, swap tips and tricks, talk about your gyms, and generally connect with the other people of your noble team.

Please note! This is NOT an ordinary chat/OOC thread. When using these threads to chat, please stay on-topic and restrict the chatter to only GO-related subjects! Should you wish to talk about anything else with your teammates, please take it to PM or VM. Thank you!

Team Valor Members:
[spoil]Ashla
Cometstarlight
CryHavoc91
Dragalge
Excitable Boy
FairyWitch
Firebrand
Flandre
gambit
Ichthyostega
Ilikepiex7
Ithanul
Kranar
jabber2033
JX Valentine
Laurelai
LudaChris78
Mega Altaria
Missingno. Master
Mizz Nikki
NewSchoolBoxer
Outburstz
sheepgoesmeep
Tempo777
UmbrionKnight
Yung Goos
[/spoil]

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Wooo! Delighted to be part of Team Valor! Who else here is on this team? :)

Haaaaaay~! *throws sparkles* Welcome to Team Valor, the team that took over the White House gym ... and is apparently getting curbstomped everywhere else. (Idk, is anyone else's town getting taken over by Mystic? Because I've heard from at least two FB friends that that's the case.)

Also, another beginning question: what made you folks choose the ever-glorious Team Valor?

Myself? I totally just joined because my local Ingress faction told me to. 8D BUT NO REGRETS AFTER MERICA.

Tempo777

Bird Keeper
Took over 2 gyms in my neighbourhood today and had 2 people join me in defending already, so even though right now people are equally divided over the teams around here, Team Valour is still winning

EDIT: Why team Valor? Who doesn't like a flaming red duck! I guess I just liked the colour red

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
The gym near me is constantly changing hands. It's been all three in the past 48 hours, but now Instinct has it with some 400CP Pokemon. I don't have the CP levels to compete yet, but I'll try to take it back again soon.

Laurelai

Team Valor from Melbourne Beach Florida :D Hello all! Just hit level 6 tonight and tried to take a gym. We're a small-ish community, so the gym was held by a 250 CP pokemon, and I only have 150-ish yet. THIS SHALL CHANGE!!!

Kranar

I chose Valor because all the gyms in town were red already. Just spent the afternoon taking all 3 of the gyms in the next town over, although I doubt I'll be able to hold them long. I've yet to see a hint of yellow anywhere in the area, all red and blue so far.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Valor's for fire types man. Team Valor Boston faction for life.

(Jax, I know this comes as such a shock to you)

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Valor's for fire types man. Team Valor Boston faction for life.

(Jax, I know this comes as such a shock to you)

pffffft REALLY I THOUGHT YOU'D BE TEAM INSTINCT.

No, but forreals, welcome to the cult team, everyone! Including you, Firebrand. ;D

That said, the other teams have gotten their parties started, so we'd better step up our game, amirite? How're the gym ratios looking for you guys? Raise your hand if your city is overrun by Team Mystic!

*raises hand and cries*

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm here to announce that I'm here as a member of Team Valor. Simply because Valor sounds like a cool name, red is my favourite colour and that most of the gyms in my town are Valor gyms

Firebrand

Indomitable
pffffft REALLY I THOUGHT YOU'D BE TEAM INSTINCT.

Pseudo-Nietzschean will-to-power nonsense with fire type trappings? It's like it was made for me.

also Zapdos is a jerk, pass it on

That said, the other teams have gotten their parties started, so we'd better step up our game, amirite? How're the gym ratios looking for you guys? Raise your hand if your city is overrun by Team Mystic!

Honestly, Boston's financial district is going back and forth all the time. There are a few gyms around my office building, and at any given time they tend to fluctuate between red and blue. The State Street gym was even Team Instinct for a little while, but then blue, and then red, and then blue, and then red again, etc. came in and stomped them out. That being said, the blues are pretty entrenched at South Station. I would love to get in on the action and help take it back IF I COULD USE THE APP WITHOUT IT CRASHING EVERY 45 SECONDS

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Honestly, Boston's financial district is going back and forth all the time. There are a few gyms around my office building, and at any given time they tend to fluctuate between red and blue. The State Street gym was even Team Instinct for a little while, but then blue, and then red, and then blue, and then red again, etc. came in and stomped them out. That being said, the blues are pretty entrenched at South Station. I would love to get in on the action and help take it back IF I COULD USE THE APP WITHOUT IT CRASHING EVERY 45 SECONDS

Good to see the Ingress spirit is alive and well in its Pokémon-heavy sister game. 8D

That said, yeeeeah, between this and the security issue, I'mma gonna wonder who's gettin' fired from the Niantic QA team. But in all seriousness, somehow, it seems heavily appropriate that Boston of all places would flip back and forth between blue and red. May the server resolve itself soon SO YOU CAN TAKE THE ONLY PLACE THAT MATTERS IN THAT CITY FORREALS.

That and tbqh, another Bostonian friend of mine has told me that the blues in general are a force up your way. If so, I can only give you the best of luck, my friend. *puts a hand on your shoulder dramatically*

In the meantime, I'm heading to NYC this weekend (nearest big city in my neck of the woods), guys, and I'll be sure to report to all of you just how blue it is down there. 8D Although idk, a lot of my NYC friends seem to be picking red, and NYC is traditionally an Enlightened stronghold in the sister game, soooo ... maybe it won't be that bad? Wish me luck!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
hey guys I just joined team valor which moltres rocks :p I mostly been seeing lately alot of team mystic around my part of town though >.> I tried to claim a gym right next to my house actually but the game froze before I could battle >.< plus had to go back to the house since we were walking the dog it was hot today where I live which he needed water.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Man, those Team Mystic guys are mean. Not just in the sense that they take over gyms, but they seem very vocal and very not nice.

Tbh kind of thought Valor was going to be the fanatic "My team or die!" type folks so I guess it's good I didn't throw in with a bunch of fanatics? Oh who am I kidding I totally would have anyway

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Went to a park today and caught some Pokemon. Hatched a Psyduck, which is nice. I needed him.

The real kicker was that there was a whole group of 5 or 6 teens that came by. They...didn't have any nice things to say about Valor. "Valor's just filled with a bunch of douchebags. Gotta clean the place of all of them. Nobody wants them anyway." I then proceeded to up our gym's prestige FOR Valor and then put my own Pokemon in, to which I heard the guy say, "Oh my god, do I have to defeat all of these Pokemon? They're levels are so high."

Couldn't tell ya what team they were on, but man were they rude and not just in game. Just arrogant teens. : /

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Went to a park today and caught some Pokemon. Hatched a Psyduck, which is nice. I needed him.

The real kicker was that there was a whole group of 5 or 6 teens that came by. They...didn't have any nice things to say about Valor. "Valor's just filled with a bunch of douchebags. Gotta clean the place of all of them. Nobody wants them anyway." I then proceeded to up our gym's prestige FOR Valor and then put my own Pokemon in, to which I heard the guy say, "Oh my god, do I have to defeat all of these Pokemon? They're levels are so high."

Couldn't tell ya what team they were on, but man were they rude and not just in game. Just arrogant teens. : /

I don't think its just the team itself its just the people that join teams as the areas we are in some people of teams will be super rude and others will be super nice. I wouldn't really be to crazy about people like that because they just mad that we have better pokes then them :p I haven't meet any mystic or instinct members yet while walking but if they are rude pshhh they got a problem with themselves.