• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Valor Hangout Thread

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I managed to get 3 gyms, 2 of which were levels 10's ;)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm going on a vacation soon, so I'll be playing less for about a week. I've got 830 coins atm. My target is 950 so I can get enough incubators to walk 9 10K's synchronized AND have 200 left for extra Pokémon storage, since I'm reaching that point where I'm maxing out.

My timer is on 30 minutes left until I can collect and I've got a couple of gyms in sight scattered over town that would be easy pickings, ranging from level 2-5, and a few where I need to boost our team less then 2000xp. If this works out, and I don't get knocked out before I finish the run, I can collect 80 coins. Which would mean I'd only need 40 coins after today. To be honest, I don't think I'll get all of them, but if I stick in half of them for another day, I'll be at my target.

I'm raiding the crap out of my town. CHEERS! I'll be back tonight with a report.

EDIT: I'm back. I have to say, the "Raid" was a massive success. I placed in all the gyms I decided to go after: All EIGHT. Which coincidentally is the highest amount of defenders I've ever had. However, currently, two have already been taken down by Team Mystic. Considering I went into the city center, I'm expecting a few to drop by nightfall. Oh well.

I just got my first Dragonite today. Too bad it has Steel Wing.

That isn't even that bad honestly. I hate going up against Dragonite with my Ice or Rock-types and having to deal with Super Effective hits, especially considering that Ice-types in particular are frail to begin with.

I managed to get 3 gyms, 2 of which were levels 10's ;)

Great job!

Last edited:

Exsception

Born Completionist
I'm going on a vacation soon, so I'll be playing less for about a week. I've got 830 coins atm. My target is 950 so I can get enough incubators to walk 9 10K's synchronized AND have 200 left for extra Pokémon storage, since I'm reaching that point where I'm maxing out.

My timer is on 30 minutes left until I can collect and I've got a couple of gyms in sight scattered over town that would be easy pickings, ranging from level 2-5, and a few where I need to boost our team less then 2000xp. If this works out, and I don't get knocked out before I finish the run, I can collect 80 coins. Which would mean I'd only need 40 coins after today. To be honest, I don't think I'll get all of them, but if I stick in half of them for another day, I'll be at my target.

I'm raiding the crap out of my town. CHEERS! I'll be back tonight with a report.

EDIT: I'm back. I have to say, the "Raid" was a massive success. I placed in all the gyms I decided to go after: All EIGHT. Which coincidentally is the highest amount of defenders I've ever had. However, currently, two have already been taken down by Team Mystic. Considering I went into the city center, I'm expecting a few to drop by nightfall. Oh well.

That isn't even that bad honestly. I hate going up against Dragonite with my Ice or Rock-types and having to deal with Super Effective hits, especially considering that Ice-types in particular are frail to begin with.

Congrats! That's more than I can accomplish in a month. My Pokemon aren't quite strong enough for massive gym raids like that.

But yeah, there's nothing wrong with Steel Wing on Dragonite. It's not the best standard it gets, but its DPS is incredibly high and it covers a lot of Dragonite's weaknesses. Legacy Moves aside, Dragonite doesn't really get any bad attacks.

Locormus

It's happening again! 9x10k!

On the 20th, I got my 9th 10k egg. Well, actually my 10th. The last time I reached 9x10k, I didn't have enough coins for the Incubators, so I had to pick one from the 9 I had at the time, but now I do have them all, and I've got the Incubators as well, and actually, they're already placed and at 3.16km walked! EDIT! While sitting at my desk, in my livingroom, doing absolutely no walking at all, the eggs are now at 3.4km! 240 meters walked while sitting!

DOUBLE EDIT: I just rechecked my post I made an hour and change in the Solstice Event-thread, and lo and behold, the eggs were only at 2.1km there. Meaning that without leaving my front door, without leaving this chair, I apparently walked 1.3km. OOOOOOOKAY. Drifting is nice, but this is ridiculous.

There's a big, big "but", though. As it takes me a long time to manage to obtain 9x10k, some of the eggs are pretty darn old. And I mean, really, really old. Here's a rundown:

29-1-2017: This is the version where you can still get Onix, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Scyther, Pinsir, Jynx, Omanyte, Kabuto, Smoochum, Elekid and Magby in.

15-2-2017 & 19-2-2017: Newer version, though still Pre-GenII, this is basically the same as the above, except that Onix had been dropped to 5km.

5 eggs from 6-3-2017 up to 1-4-2017: GenII has since dropped. Chansey, Lapras, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Dratini, Mareep, Sudowoodo, Pineco, Gligar, Mantine, Skarmory, Miltank, Larvitar.

20-06-2017: From the latest version, gets everything the above does, with the addition of Porygon. Which I don't need as I've got 157 Porygon Candy, since the Valentines Day Event.

So overall, the main fear I currently have is that the three Pre-GenII eggs are all going to hatch into Pinsir or Jynx. I still need Elekid, so I wouldn't even mind that too much to be honest. And if I had to pick out of those batches, I'd really still like a decent IV'd Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee. I hatched one Hitmonchan which is 77.8% on Iv's, but level 11 and 634CP, since I obtained its egg well before I reached level 20 and I only managed to capture a single Hitmonlee.

I wish I had a good Snorlax. XD My best one is CP 1500-ish with Zen Headbutt and Body Slam; the worst possible moves. The ivs aren't too great either, so I never powered it up.

Wow, I hadn't caught this comment, since it's pretty old, but same here. My very first 10k hatched into a Snorlax when I was really low levelled. It apparently had 90% Iv's (only found out really late) and had the same moves as yours: Zen headbutt and Body Slam. Not knowing anything about the game at the time, I made the mistake of powering it up. I pretty much used up all the Candy I had, and it currently sits at.. Drumroll: 1275CP, aka level 13.5.. From what I can remember I thought I had 1 Candy left, so I think I had like 15 Candy that came with the hatching and used 14 of them, which meant that I was probably at Trainer Level 9 when I got that first 10k.

I'm kind of vague on the memory, the game states that I hatched it on my fourth day of playing, so I must've been at a REALLY low level, since I didn't have the ability to walk 10 kilometers on a single day, which means I must've gotten it from a PokéStop on my 2nd or 3rd day of playing, which is when it was Level Stamped, so to speak.. Which means that I probably was even at a lower level then the one I assumed just now. Which means I really, really wasted the Snorlax candy on something that I can't even use properly. I'm currently at 18 Snorlax Candy, I've caught 4 since, one since the introduction of Pinap's.

Congrats! That's more than I can accomplish in a month. My Pokemon aren't quite strong enough for massive gym raids like that.

Lol, I was barely making it work. But it does pay to keep and evolve as many high CP Eevee's you can get your hands on. If an Eevee is above 600CP, even with 62%IV's, I'll probably evolve it, because if it becomes a Jolteon, it's good for battlng tons of Gyarados (or was, with the new system I guess) or if it's a Vaporeon, it becomes decent enough to set in terms of uninvested CP. If it's above 700CP, I'll typically evolve it regardless of IV's.

Last edited:

Exsception

Born Completionist
Wow, I hadn't caught this comment, since it's pretty old, but same here. My very first 10k hatched into a Snorlax when I was really low levelled. It apparently had 90% Iv's (only found out really late) and had the same moves as yours: Zen headbutt and Body Slam. Not knowing anything about the game at the time, I made the mistake of powering it up. I pretty much used up all the Candy I had, and it currently sits at.. Drumroll: 1275CP, aka level 13.5.. From what I can remember I thought I had 1 Candy left, so I think I had like 15 Candy that came with the hatching and used 14 of them, which meant that I was probably at Trainer Level 9 when I got that first 10k.

I'm kind of vague on the memory, the game states that I hatched it on my fourth day of playing, so I must've been at a REALLY low level, since I didn't have the ability to walk 10 kilometers on a single day, which means I must've gotten it from a PokéStop on my 2nd or 3rd day of playing, which is when it was Level Stamped, so to speak.. Which means that I probably was even at a lower level then the one I assumed just now. Which means I really, really wasted the Snorlax candy on something that I can't even use properly. I'm currently at 18 Snorlax Candy, I've caught 4 since, one since the introduction of Pinap's.

Lol, I was barely making it work. But it does pay to keep and evolve as many high CP Eevee's you can get your hands on. If an Eevee is above 600CP, even with 62%IV's, I'll probably evolve it, because if it becomes a Jolteon, it's good for battlng tons of Gyarados (or was, with the new system I guess) or if it's a Vaporeon, it becomes decent enough to set in terms of uninvested CP. If it's above 700CP, I'll typically evolve it regardless of IV's.

It's weird, but Eevees are actually a rare site for me now. They used to be quite common at my house, but ever since gen 2 came there hasn't been many.

But fortunately, I've gotten some pretty good Pokemon since then. Including a 96% Gyarados with perfect moves, (it was 600CP when I evolved it, so I'm still in the process of powering it up) a 93% Gengar with perfect moves, and a 93% Blissey (it has terrible moves, but I'll fix that when we get TMs).
I feel decently prepared for the new gyms.

Locormus

Great, there's a Grimer on my Nearby, but there's a thunderstorm currently outside.. -.-

It's weird, but Eevees are actually a rare site for me now. They used to be quite common at my house, but ever since gen 2 came there hasn't been many.

But fortunately, I've gotten some pretty good Pokemon since then. Including a 96% Gyarados with perfect moves, (it was 600CP when I evolved it, so I'm still in the process of powering it up) a 93% Gengar with perfect moves, and a 93% Blissey (it has terrible moves, but I'll fix that when we get TMs).
I feel decently prepared for the new gyms.

Apparently, super-effective hits multiplyer has also been re-adjusted. Meaning that getting the right moveset is going to be a big thing going forward. Using Bug on Exeggutors will do amazing damage, same as Fire on Scizor (if you ever come across one), or Rock on Charizard. And the more obvious four: Water or Grass on Rhydon, Ice on Dragonite, Electric vs. Gyarados and Fighting vs. Tyranitar (and Snorlax/Blissey).

jacensolo66

Just used some charged TM's on a couple Pokemon. They both had Hydro Pump so i was kinda rolling the dice but my Gyrados got Outrage and my Lapras got Blizzard. I am happy with those.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Just used some charged TM's on a couple Pokemon. They both had Hydro Pump so i was kinda rolling the dice but my Gyrados got Outrage and my Lapras got Blizzard. I am happy with those.

You swapped a Gyarados's Hydro Pump? Why? Lapras I can understand, but Hydro Pump is Gyarados's best Charged Attack.

Locormus

Update! I did my 9x10k and these are the results!

Mareep: 476 CP
Mareep: 486 CP
Gligar: 967 CP
Skarmory: 1137 CP
Dratini: 464 CP
Omanyte: 744 CP
Gligar: 991 CP
Mareep: 493 CP
Omanyte: 723 CP

So.. Granted, I had three eggs that were pre-GenII, I honestly felt that I got shortchanged with double Omanyte's, to make matters worse, the Dratini didn't have IV's over 80%. So all my Pre-GenII eggs were busts. I really don't mind getting two Gligar's. This basically was my first time hatching multiple GenII eggs, and the only one prior was a Mantine. Gligar candy is useful when GenIV hits and I want to make a Gliscor. Skarmory was a bit disappointing, but it at least has both Steel Wing and Flash Cannon. Triple Mareep was great. Sadly, I only got 16 candy out of eggs #1 and #2, while egg #3 did have a sizable amount of Mareep Candy. I evolved the best out of the bunch and that's now a 785 Flaaffy.

Then Raiding started. I managed to defeat a Snorlax in a group, didn't catch it. I got sent in without a group, and I didn't defeat the second Snorlax. Then I fought a Tyranitar today, and I caught it as a new dex addition.

Oh, and I caught a wild Gyarados today. Nice.

You swapped a Gyarados's Hydro Pump? Why? Lapras I can understand, but Hydro Pump is Gyarados's best Charged Attack.

I guess yolo? xD

I participated in a Raid Battle today and I managed to capture the Tyranitar at the end of it. SWEET. I've got a Fast TM and two Charged TM's, and am thinking about switching my Dragonite's Steel Wing for Dragon Tail so it can be a mono-Dragon attacker. But Steel Wing has utility against a lot of stuff (T-tar, Rhydon, Ice-types, Fairies), it just doesn't get STAB and doesn't have that great neutral coverage that Dragon does (except for Steel and Fairy which are none-existent in gyms). Since this is quite a HUGE new topic, I made a thread about it, which should be up soon.

Went on a spree with a teammate of mine. He's one of those brought back by the rework, but it really shows. Despite there having been a starter event and a grass-type event, he has only caught four Bulbasaur and hasn't gotten an Ivysaur yet. Meanwhile, I'm at 220 caught and really only looking for specific targets, of which I might never catch in the wild and am still waiting on those lucky hatches from 10k's.. Looking at you Aerodactyl and Miltank And that's not even figuring in the fact that some of my pokémon are just for dex-completion. I have a Snorlax and a Lapras, but they're crap IV'd or crap CP'd since I hatched them when I was level 8 and it isn't worth investing the candy, or I caught them in the wild and they have horrid IV's ánd CP's.

So it's quite frustrating when he's getting excited over an Eevee and I'm there sitting on 383 Eevee candy.

jacensolo66

I am not totally crazy. Have 2 powered up Gyrados which both had Dragon Tail/Hydro Pump. Now one has Dragon Tail/Outrage. Also hatched 2 Lapras with the exact same stats. One has Water Gun/Hydro Pump and the other had Frost Breath/Hydro Pump but now has Frost Breath/Blizzard.

Thinking about it, one of my Gyrados originally had Bite/Hydro Pump. Used a fast TM on it and got Dragon/Tail tho.

Last edited:

Locormus

Did another Tyranitar-raid today, I'm currently on 5/6 in terms of actually catching them. One was for my girlfriend though. It's really crazy. I walked more than 200km with my Larvitar, but now in just a little more than a week, I managed to accumulate (sp) 40 Larvitar candy and four Tyranitar. I don't know how to feel honestly. I'm happy with the candy that I walked for, since it gave me room to power a Tyranitar to about 2990~CP, but it kinda removes the purpose I originally walked it for. Still, it's the only good Larvitar I have, so it's probably going to be the one I'll evolve into a Pupitar - even if it is low leveled. Ps. I never hatched a Larvitar, so I'm kind of waiting for that to happen. I kinda want to keep that Larvitar as is.

I also kind of feel as if the "rework"-hype is dwindling again. Sure, having around 10 young people hang around a church on a Tuesday morning is a little odd, but a week ago, there would've been 30 - and a lot more unfamiliar faces.

Also, I managed to hatch my second Togepi. Nice, but not necessary. Prior to Larvitar, my first Togepi was my buddy and it's a Togetic now. Actually.. I just realized the horror of obtaining a Togekiss.. Which will probably cost 100 candy to evolve from Togetic + Shiny Stone.

I am not totally crazy. Have 2 powered up Gyrados which both had Dragon Tail/Hydro Pump. Now one has Dragon Tail/Outrage. Also hatched 2 Lapras with the exact same stats. One has Water Gun/Hydro Pump and the other had Frost Breath/Hydro Pump but now has Frost Breath/Blizzard.

Thinking about it, one of my Gyrados originally had Bite/Hydro Pump. Used a fast TM on it and got Dragon/Tail tho.

I guess that's fine, but truthfully, my DT/Outrage Gyarados is my least used one. That being said, I've noticed that I kinda started to use them less and less now that Raid battles are a thing and Tyranitar have become even more common. Between Tyranitar and Rhydon being in almost every gym I challenge, I kinda find it discouraging to have a decent Gyarados with HydroPump, only for it to get one-shot by a Stone Edge. My Venusaur has seen a lot more use though.

Go Team Valor! Luckily there are lots of us in my area (not many Instinct's for some reason) so I do quite well being part of this team!

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Valor seems to be the rarest team in my area. Not sure why.

twee

@^▽^@
hi everyone !!
i just joined valor yesterday ^u^

my city has a huge amount of instinct gyms, oddly enough​

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
hi everyone !!
i just joined valor yesterday ^u^

my city has a huge amount of instinct gyms, oddly enough​
Hey twee! Good to have ya here and don't worry about those Instinct gyms ; ) Gyms get turned over pretty regularly, so you'll (hopefully) see some variety in the coming time.

Pyreon

Proud Team Valor member here!