• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Wait..What? OU, 4th Gen.

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.
th_482.gif
th_485.gif
th_Swampert.gif
th_pokemon_celebi_sprite_by_emeraldfire131-d36sc7d.gif
th_ScizorSprite.png
th_VaporeonSprite.png

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Psychic

Standard lead, right? Wrong. Life Orb to pack a punch. With Life orb, it packs an even heftier punch. Most people expect a Taunt if it's faster, or an SR if it's slower. So, I prefer to keep up the heat. I rarely get Stealth Rocks up, but I prefer KO'ing 2 Pokemon on average to an Entry Hazard. I usually use the attack that works best on the first turn, bar Explosion. I never Explode on the first turn. If the need to flee arises, I usually switch to an appropriate counter rather than Explode. Usually, the opposing lead is one or two hit ko'ed by Azelf, as it is a powerhouse. After that, I Explode on the counter, usually an unsuspecting Blissey or Vaporeon, thinking I'm running SR/FB/Psy/Taunt.

---
Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 128 HP/164 Spd/216 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Another trickster. Instead of the more common Scarf set, I opted to use this Trapper. This is for those Blissey's who think the can switch into a 'Fire Blast' with no retribution. Magma Storm traps the opponent, like a Whirlpool on straight acid. Explodes for massive damage. He takes the fire attacks from Scizor, and even benefits from them. His addition has worked wonders for this team.
---
Swampert (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 172 HP/252 Atk/84 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

so i herd u liek mudkipz? No? Oh, well neither do I. But, I do love Swampert. Not only are his defensive stats great, his 110 base Attack is marvelous, perfect even, for a Choice Band set. Now you may be thinking, in no way could this work. I thought so too, but I decided to try it out. This set is so strange, nobody ever suspects it. When you switch in a Swampert, the initial response is to think that it's going to come in and wall/set up SR. Well, thinking that, you send in an appropriate counter, such as Dragonite, which usually walls a normal Swampert, but in this instance, gets nailed in the face with a 525 Attack Ice Punch. See the potential? Surprise factor is critical.
---
Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 32 HP/224 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Recover
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The special sweeper of this team. I have yet to think of a better fit for the FWG core here, but it still functions well enough. Leaf Storm is a monster, but the drop in SpA kind of ruins it. Not much else to say.
---
Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Quick Attack
- Bullet Punch

My revenge killer and late game sweeper. Scizor, possible the most amazing Pokemon on the planet. It's like a mixture between the brute strength of the Hulk mixed with the Teleporting prowess of Nightcrawler. With Swords Dance, he raises his attack to insane levels. With two priority moves, it hits like a boss on almost everything, wreaking havoc here and there. Amazing at clean up, he's like Pokemon's very own trashman.
---
Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

My cleric, my love, and my bride. Vappy saves me. His Heal Bell saves me from status, and his Wish saves my sweepers and lets them last a while longer. He's the glue of my team.
---

Infectious

<('-'<)
Surprise factor is good. But on Azelf, I think its best to run Focus Sash. Metagross always expects a Taunt and goes for the Meteor Mash/Iron Head, then on the next turn, Bullet Punch. Focus Sash lets you live it, then switch out expecting a BP, since 4 of your pokes resist Steel.

Also, I can imagine a RestCure Shaymin causing some damage to this team. Rest, Seed Flare, HP Fire, Earth Power can take care of almost your entire team, after Heatran is down. The rest of the team is probably self explanatory. I suggest replacing Heatran with a CB Infernape.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
Nature: Jolly
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge

Flare Blitz OHKO's Offensive Shaymin every time, and U-Turn does a large chunk to Celebi, who could cause the same trouble as Shaymin could, just to a lesser extent, without RestCure. Stone Edge for coverage.

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.
Hey man, first off, thanks for the input. I rarely ever get any competent replies on RMT's.
Fire Blast OHKOs Gross, and they usually Trick, expecting me to send in something like Swampert.
I'd prefer to keep Tran, as it balances my team nicely, with its Fire absorbing and special attack. But, I'll try the Nape out.

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.
Bumpty dumpty.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
Celebi@Twisted Spoon
Timid
Natural Cure

Psychic(for stab)
Earth Power
Leaf Storm
HP (Fire)

It may be all attacking moves, but its a good set.

whoknowswhat

YOUR DEMISE
I would replace Scizor`s Quick Attack with U-Turn for an emergency button against Fire types and with 252 EVs in Speed you will have a better chance of this working

Infectious

<('-'<)
I would replace Scizor`s Quick Attack with U-Turn for an emergency button against Fire types and with 252 EVs in Speed you will have a better chance of this working

Why would he want U-turn, a scouting move, on a late game sweeper? U-turn is effective on scarf/band sets, not sweeping sets.

whoknowswhat

YOUR DEMISE
oh, I didn`t take that into mind thank you for correcting me

noob21

3 sum!!!
Never seen a choice swampert or well I havent seen one in along time. This is pretty standered (including azelf) Only thing I would suggest with this team is replace scizor's quick attack for bug bite/u-turn/X-scissors or else you can have some serious run in's with psyhics and grass types.Plus the stab never hurts I dont see the reason for quick attack its not stabed and bullet punch will do more with even with something that resist's it v.s. quick attack.