• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team "Why are you in a hurry"

Acatia

Gone Drinking
Hey there,
My name is Acatia, and I like to make teams I find unconventional (at least I like to think they are). As a quick word of introduction, I should point out that at all cost will I try to avoid using pokemon sets that you see on everyone's grandmother's team just cuz they are the best (think Skarm/Bliss, Weather Teams etc). I understand this might lead to some "Why would you use Shaymin? Celebi is so much better" type of moments for the usual rater but lets think outside the box here, should be more interesting then a recycled Latios/Scizor/Politoad/Conkeldurr set festival I'd think (again, at least I hope so). I try to be original (heck I was complimented for it in the past) so just bear with me.

Side Note
I haven't played for several months, I'll do my best to at least keep track of tiers, but should I miss on a recent change please let me know so I can rework the troublesome components.
The team is based to spread paralysis to allow my slower powerhouses to wreak stuff up, think of it as a Trick Room theme but unlike Trick Room, it's a bit more difficult to use against me (I cried at the World's finals when that guy lost due to his own Trick Room)
The team is composed of RU only atm, though I'm trying to tweak so I can use the crew in higher tier (cuz thats what I enjoy doing)
Outside of that, constructive critique is welcomed (as long as its civilized anyway)

I like team preview, do you?

497.gif
171.gif
306.gif
036.gif
359.gif
467.gif

Strategy Meeting, Got Your Game Face On? Then Its GO Time!!

serperior_v_2_by_xous54-d49d9yc.png

Name: Reginald
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Sp.D
-Glare
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain
-Taunt / Knock Off

To open up the para slapping party I was going to use Whimsicott, but then remembered 2 things: 1- Whimsicott is predictable as hell, its annoying, but really predictable and 2- Sip Sapper, while Reginald definitely doesn't enjoy Sip Sappers, his stunning Glare won't get dusted off like Stun Spore (plus it has better accuracy anyway). Outside of the slight accuracy drop from TWave, Glare is the perfect paralyzing move.
The rest serves as utility, Giga Drain is there as solo attacking move and helps Reginald last even longer. Leech Seed shenanigans also support the entire team and I'm sort of torn between guarding myself from status and setup with Taunt, or annoy the crap out of everything and Knock Off those Choice/Evolite/Orb/Lefties.
The EV spread puts up a rounded 354/270/270 defence stat core, other pokemons will be dedicated walls later.

3011617857_1_3_6qBq7TiI.png

Name: Muromi
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Calm
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 Sp.D
-Surf
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Heal Bell / Volt Switch

To cover up Reginald here's Muromi, she'll be in charge of Thunder Wave support, so Reginald doesn't develop eye strain by Glaring everything. Confuse Ray for parafusion and Heal Bell to help out the crew, I could Volt Switch here, but since this team prides itself in its crippling wall style, it would suck if Toxic were being tossed around. Surf will make a comeback here cuz Scald would be counter productive with the mass para wall idea, no need to fish for burns, para works through everything.
The EVs are standard enough for general bulk, though I'll be testing around.

306.png

Name: Metal Gear
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
-Stealth Rock
-Body Slam
-Rock Slide
-Metal Burst

Metal Gear here, bringing rocks and pseudo para, potential flinches on paralyzed foes, and Metal Burst countering action. I'm going with an Aggron for this role but Steelix and Bastiodon are also possible options. The great thing about all of them is that they all have Sturdy, so in a lead position they are nearly guaranteed their SR to be up and give em an even better chance at a Metal Burst counter attack (except for Steelix). Metal Gear also will be the one focused on taking the physical hits for the crew cuz seriously, at 344 HP and 504 Def, it's literally a brick wall.

ClefableObject.png

Name: PixieTouch
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp.D
-Wish
-Protect
-Seismic Toss
-Encore / Stealth Rock

Why not add some party heals on such a defensive core, Clefable works well for that, wanted to use Audino but there's just too many things he's missing that Clefable has, namely Magic Guard and Seismic Toss for a start. Stealth Rock could be a possibility, I'll have to check how attached I am to Encore, cuz that would allow my Aggron to Roar subs out.
Pixie covers more on the special wall side as well.

Absol-absol-24367497-414-358.jpg

Name: Datenshi
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Superpower

I remember people saying they would be more afraid of Absol if she could simply get to hit them, good thing everything's crippled cuz the slaughter can begin. I thought perhaps Gallade could be another effective choice here, but Super Luck mixed with Night Slash and Psycho Cut shreds a lot of stuff down. Superpower is only there for coverage in case of Steels resisting those two moves, but thats it. Swords Dance is self explanatory, that blade is gonna hurt when 394 Atk is the unboosted state with super crits.

tumblr_mjy2to3w7x1rnkfgmo3_500.jpg

Name: Shotgun, or Headshot, ..... hmmm
Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Vital Spirit
Nature: Modest
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Sp.A / 244 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass
-Psychic

Should Datenshi encounter more physically stubborn opponents, Shotgun will take care of the special side of the spectrum slaughter. Just like Datenshi Shotgun enjoys the para fence to make it look "quick". His coverage is pretty awesome so nothing will really enjoy taking hits, especially when they are already crippled to begin with. I could perhaps attempt a Sub variant, but atm I'm banking on the speed drops to just kill whatever happens to be in the way. The 12 HP EVs makes 357 HP total which allows 4 switches under Stealth Rock before falling.

Gone But Not Forgotten

Nothing at the moment

Thats it! Discussion Start!

Last edited: