• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Zero (OU RTM)

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Team Feathers and my two Sandstorm teams work pretty well, so I decided to make a new OU team. And just to let you know, I kinda just threw this team together without thinking too much about synergy, so I expect a lot corrections to be made :p Anyways, on with the team.

At a Glance
398-1.png
473.png
65.png
563.png
479heat.png
73-2.png

=======================================================================================================================================

Team Zero

66bf8289.jpg

Staraptor [Kamikaze]@Choice Band
Trait: Reckless
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly Nature

Moves
Brave Bird
Double Edge
Close Combat
Quick Attack U-Turn​

Say hello to probably the best suicide sweeper in the entire game. Like his nickname suggests, Kamikaze's role is quite simple: Do as much damage as possible before he goes down. And with Reckless and Choice Band, there's not much that can safely switch in. Even a resisted Brave Bird will cause a lot of damage.

Anyways, Brave Bird and Double Edge have an ungodly 270 Base Power when you factor in STAB and Reckless. I could have just chosen BB but Double Edge guarantees a KO on incoming Electric switch-ins, like Rotom, expecting a resisted BB. Close Combat rounds out the coverage by taking out Steels and Rock-types that resist both of Kamikaze's powerful STABs. And lastly, if Kamikaze manages to survive, Quick Attack allows Kamikaze to pick off weakened opponents with a quite powerful priority attack U-Turn pairs up with EasyBake's Volt Switch to create a nice little Volt-Turn core.

This guy is great in creating gaping holes in my opponent's walls.

25fm8no.jpg

Mamoswine[Tauroneo]@Life Orb
Trait: Snow Cloak
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly Nature

Moves
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Icicle Spear Superpower​

I've always wanted to use this woolly mammoth....swine....thing, but I could never find a slot for it in my team. So when I was in the process to making this team, I put it in it without hesitation. Tauroneo is my Dragon check. Also my Stealth Rocker. And Physical attacker that doesn't want to kill himself too quickly. And as an added bonus, his immune to Sandtorm and Hail :D

Stealth Rock helps put pressure on the enemy's team and also helps Tauroneo take on Dragonite by breaking its Multiscale. Ice Shard is the reason why Tauroneo is a great Dragon check. It takes out DDnite and MoxieMence, as well as weakened Latios. Earthquake is another great STAB move for Tauronero, taking out Fire-types, Steels, and Rock-types, more notably, Tyranitar. Now for the last slot, I'm having trouble deciding between a stronger Ice STAB or a Superpower. Icicle Crash, like I just mentioned, is a stronger alternative to Ice Shard, in case I'm up against as slower Pokemon. But, with Superpower, Tauroneo can take on Balloon Heatran. Some help deciding will be greatly appreciated :D

473909.jpg

Alakazam [Soren]@Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Timid Nature

Moves
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Energy Ball​

If I would get a penny for everytime I would swept by an Alakazam, I would have one penny. Yup, I've gotten my entire team swept this beast before. Of course, I made a couple of bad plays, but that doesn't change the fact. Of course the one I faced carried HP Ice, which completely caught me off guard...Anyways, after that humiliating sweep, I decided to add it to my team. Alakazam is truly underrated. 135 Base Sp.Atk and a blistering 120 Base Speed, Alakazam was made to sweep. And that it has one the best abilities in the game, it truly is a monster, if you play him right.

With Magic Guard, Soren can switch into any hazards my opponent may have set up with impunity. It can also sponge things like Toxic and Will-o-Wisp for the team. So anyways, I chose Psyshock over Psychic because it pretty much makes Soren a "mixed" sweeper. It does more damage to Terrakion in the Sand than Psychic, and heavily dents Chansey and Blissey. Shadow Ball, and Focus Blast are pretty obvious. Those two moves get perfect neutral coverage on the entire metagame. And lastly, I chose Energy Ball over Grass Knot, because Energy Ball does more damage to Gastrodon and Rotom-W, both of which are too common.

Cofagrigus.jpg

Cofagrigus[Hollow]@Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
252 HP/136 Def/116 Sp.Def
Bold Nature

Moves
Will-o-Wisp
Calm Mind
Hex/Shadow Ball
Rest

SilentOmen suggested I put a Spinblocker in my team, and this was the Ghost-type of choice. It may seem a bit unorthodox, but it works. It makes threats like Scizor and Landorus think twice about attacking him. With W-o-W and Calm Mind, Hollow becomes one ***** of a tank. Lack of recovery bites though.
Anyways, this is a standard set, and for good reason. Will-o-Wisp cripples serious physical threats, and adds to Hollow's bulk, in a way. Calm Mind takes care of the special side of things, and gives Shadow Ball/Hex more power. And Rest is the only way Hollow's can recover his health, and also turns Hollow into a Sleep fodder, so Breloom won't be able to put anything else to sleep.

Cofagrigus is underrated as well.

fatality-easybakeoven-onlycopy.jpg

Rotom-Heat[EasyBake]@Choice Specs Scarf
Trait: Levitate
4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Timid Nature

Moves
Overheat
Volt Switch
Hidden Power [Ground]
Thunderbolt Trick​

Heat Rotom doesn't get the love it deserves. It's a Levitating Fire-type that can take on most Bulky waters for crying out loud! I don't see why Wash Rotom is in OU while this beast is just chilling in RU. Anyways, I prefer this possessed oven over the diabolical washing machine, because he can comfortably take out Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Gyarados without breaking a sweat. The Pokemon that doesn't fear this oven from Hell is Heatran, who will no doubt try and switching into Overheat. Hidden Power Ground covers that one flaw quite well.

EasyBake's moves are pretty standard. Overheat is the obligatory Fire STAB, and is insanely powerful. the Sp.Atk drop is negligible because EasyBake will be forced out anyways. Volt Switch is great scouting move to get EAsyBAke out of hairy situations, or to just deal some damage before switching out. Hidden Power Ground, like I mentioned before, covers Heatran, who will switch in expecting an Overheat. Balloon Heatran in another story altogether. The last slot depends on what item EasyBake is holding. With Choice Specs, Thunderbolt provides a suitable alternative to Volt Switch, while Trick works best with the Choice Scarf. I'm torn about which item to give it. I'm leaning more towards the Scarf, because I already have a hard hitting Special sweeper.

tentacruel_kirby___collab___by_tigermix-d3gj0k3.png

Tentacruel[No Name]@Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
252 HP/240 Def/16 Spd
Bold Nature

Moves
Scald
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Knock Off​

After being cast out of my Ubers team, No name found anew team to call home. Since my Suicide sweeper and Microwave Oven are weak to Rocks, I added No Name as my spinner. He also completes my FWG core, not that I actually trying to make a FWG, but whatever.

With Scald's 30% burn rate, and the given defensive bulk, No Name will be able to take physical moves a lot better from the opponent. Ice Beam get great coverage alongside Scald, nailing Grasses and Dragons. Rapid Spin, of course, gets rid of any hazards that may hinder my team. I decided to go with Knock Off over Toxic Spikes, because Toxic Spikes is pretty predictable, plus Knock Off is a great support move, as it can get rid Life Orbs, Lefties, and Choice items before they get to Trick them away.

398-2.png
473-1.png
65-1.png
563-1.png
479heat-1.png
73-3.png

=======================================================================================================================================

And that is Team Zero. I was trying to make my team different from the standard OU teams that most people carry, but that is still good enough to give the standards a run for their money, so to speak. Like I said before, this was just kind of slapped together, so the team synergy might be awful. I'm open to all suggestions, comments, and criticism, so don't be shy. Thanks for reading ^_^

Retired Members
251.png

Last edited:

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Interesting team. Couple of things to beware of. Make sure you have the prediction down right for sand and rain teams. You can counter them, but it requires darn near flawless prediction. Take out the wrong threat with Staraptor and your team may be for the birds (heh, see what I did there ;) ).

Volt-turn is also going to be annoying. On that regard, I'd honestly think about Celebi. Only reason is with the threat of scarf Landorus with U-turn and it sharing a weakness to bug with Alakazam (and both probably being OHKOed by it). But that's if you feel that there are better options and are willing to settle on better volt-turn counters like Ferrothorn. I'd have said Landorus would be great, but I really don't think you need a third water weakness lol. Plus a shared Ice Weakness wouldn't be nice either.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Interesting team. Couple of things to beware of. Make sure you have the prediction down right for sand and rain teams. You can counter them, but it requires darn near flawless prediction. Take out the wrong threat with Staraptor and your team may be for the birds (heh, see what I did there ;) ).

lol. Well I'm usually pretty good at predicting. But I see your point.

Volt-turn is also going to be annoying. On that regard, I'd honestly think about Celebi. Only reason is with the threat of scarf Landorus with U-turn and it sharing a weakness to bug with Alakazam (and both probably being OHKOed by it). But that's if you feel that there are better options and are willing to settle on better volt-turn counters like Ferrothorn. I'd have said Landorus would be great, but I really don't think you need a third water weakness lol. Plus a shared Ice Weakness wouldn't be nice either.

Yeah, at the moment Celebi does seem like the weakest link. I don't want to use Ferrothorn because I use him too much XD The main reason why I have Celebi in the first place is because I need a cleric. Maybe if I replace it with Roserade with Aromatherapy?

Also,Volt-Turn is a real pain D:

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
lol. Well I'm usually pretty good at predicting. But I see your point.

Yeah, at the moment Celebi does seem like the weakest link. I don't want to use Ferrothorn because I use him too much XD The main reason why I have Celebi in the first place is because I need a cleric. Maybe if I replace it with Roserade with Aromatherapy?

Also,Volt-Turn is a real pain D:

Shouldn't need as much cleric support as you suggest. Alakazam soaks up status bar paralysis like a champ. You could forgo a cleric for a more offensive role. Besides, Roserade has really fallen from grace. You could add the toxic spikes factor... but Tentacruel could already do that if you wanted it. A spin blocker would be nice since you do have stealth rocks. Rocks alone make your opponent hesistate to use volt switch / u-turn.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Shouldn't need as much cleric support as you suggest. Alakazam soaks up status bar paralysis like a champ. You could forgo a cleric for a more offensive role. Besides, Roserade has really fallen from grace. You could add the toxic spikes factor... but Tentacruel could already do that if you wanted it. A spin blocker would be nice since you do have stealth rocks. Rocks alone make your opponent hesistate to use volt switch / u-turn.

Good point. (I'm half-asleep at the moment lol). A Spinblocker sounds nice. Maybe a Cofagrigus? He's pretty decent. (I don't want to use the standard Gengar :p)

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Good point. (I'm half-asleep at the moment lol). A Spinblocker sounds nice. Maybe a Cofagrigus? He's pretty decent. (I don't want to use the standard Gengar :p)

Sounds good. Scizor will be stretched to attack Cofa and it won't like a burn for WoW either. Even Landorus is stressed to KO it on a good day. Naturally you will be set up for the onslaught of how much *insert standard OU ghost type* is better than it, but go with your gut :)

Utopian

faults & feats
focus sash your zam and mamo, and this could be a UU team if you use like hitmontop > tenta!

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
focus sash your zam and mamo, and this could be a UU team if you use like hitmontop > tenta!

Mamoswine and Alakazam are presently OU and Staraptor is (still) BL. So this team couldn't be UU at it's present state.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer

Mamoswine is OU and Staraptor is BL so that wouldn't work :/ And I have considered a Sash on Alakazam, but recoil-less Life Orb seemed more appealing to me. Thanks for you input though

EDIT: got ninja'd

Last edited:

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
yeah, this team does look pretty good. The only thing i could recommend is put an Expert belt on Mamoswine. Might be able to bluff your opponent sometimes. Also maybe use U-turn on Staraptor so you have a kind of Volt- Turn core with Rotom-H.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
yeah, this team does look pretty good. The only thing i could recommend is put an Expert belt on Mamoswine. Might be able to bluff your opponent sometimes. Also maybe use U-turn on Staraptor so you have a kind of Volt- Turn core with Rotom-H.

I would, but since Mamo is my Stealth Rocker, I'm not sure I'll be able bluff anything. I guess I could use U-Turn. Quick Attack was actually a filler move anyways.

Not bad for a team I just slapped together, huh lol

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
Hhmmm, Team Zero?

First of all, I laughed my *** off when I saw you're Rotom-Heat was nicknamed, "EasyBake" and the picture that went along with it gave me a good laugh, so I thank you for that. Though when I say laugh, I don't mean it insultingly ^^; So don't take it the wrong way.

First problem with the team is, Cofagrigus. I never liked the move rest and all the recovery it gives you isn't worth it. Since it gives your opponent time to set-up or switch to something that can K-O him or due some massive damage... But the Wil-O-Wisp/Hex combo works like a charm. I had a Chandelure with that combo and it basicaly killed almost everything in one shot XD So yeah, also if you do that, you could replace shadow ball for energy ball. To deal with some opposing ground types and water types.

Next your Tentacruel could replace knock-off with toxic spikes. That will add some extra pain to your oppoenent, esecialy if you already set-up Stealth Rock ^_^ Though any pokes affected by wil-o-wisp wouldn't be effected by it, but it's still a good option when you have certain pokemon out there who may have the flash fire ability, which wouldn't be good if you happen to hit one of them with that ^^;

But that seems to be all I can see wrong. The rest is pretty soild and I totally agree with your wall smasher Mamoswine (Tauroneo) He can cause some major hurt to teams who aren't prepared to take a life orb boost hit from that beast. Also to the question of Icicle Spear or Superpower, I would sway to Superpower. Icicle spear is a really good move, but with superpower you can take out opposing Dark types that would cause your Alakazam trouble, any Tyranitars that may be lurking, and any pokes who can't take a fighting type move, though Superpower does have that flaw of lowering atk and def by 1 stage... But as long as you can switch out, it won't matter. You could always switch Cofagrigus, if you need a safe switch or U-turn/Volt Switch either one of those would work.

Also I love your Turn/Switch combo. I love U-Turn and Volt Switch, hit a pokemon for a good amount of damage and instant switch ^^ Overall an above average team.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
First of all, I laughed my *** off when I saw you're Rotom-Heat was nicknamed, "EasyBake" and the picture that went along with it gave me a good laugh, so I thank you for that. Though when I say laugh, I don't mean it insultingly ^^; So don't take it the wrong way.

lol Thanks. I made that photo myself XD

First problem with the team is, Cofagrigus. I never liked the move rest and all the recovery it gives you isn't worth it. Since it gives your opponent time to set-up or switch to something that can K-O him or due some massive damage... But the Wil-O-Wisp/Hex combo works like a charm. I had a Chandelure with that combo and it basicaly killed almost everything in one shot XD So yeah, also if you do that, you could replace shadow ball for energy ball. To deal with some opposing ground types and water types.

Energy Ball seems like a good choice, because Tyranitars love to switch in and trap me. But I like the Hex/W-o-W combo. Im considerring dropping CM for Sleep Talk though, to prevent Hollow from becoming set up fodder.

Next your Tentacruel could replace knock-off with toxic spikes. That will add some extra pain to your oppoenent, esecialy if you already set-up Stealth Rock ^_^ Though any pokes affected by wil-o-wisp wouldn't be effected by it, but it's still a good option when you have certain pokemon out there who may have the flash fire ability, which wouldn't be good if you happen to hit one of them with that ^^;

Toxic Spikes can poison something that I would much rather have burned, like Terrakion. Knock Off seems like a random move, which means they would not expect their LO or Choice Scarf being knocked off.

But that seems to be all I can see wrong. The rest is pretty soild and I totally agree with your wall smasher Mamoswine (Tauroneo) He can cause some major hurt to teams who aren't prepared to take a life orb boost hit from that beast. Also to the question of Icicle Spear or Superpower, I would sway to Superpower. Icicle spear is a really good move, but with superpower you can take out opposing Dark types that would cause your Alakazam trouble, any Tyranitars that may be lurking, and any pokes who can't take a fighting type move, though Superpower does have that flaw of lowering atk and def by 1 stage... But as long as you can switch out, it won't matter.

Yup, Superpower seems like the superior choice.

Also I love your Turn/Switch combo. I love U-Turn and Volt Switch, hit a pokemon for a good amount of damage and instant switch ^^ Overall an above average team.

Thanks a lot ^_^