• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teams viewable before the start of a battle

MonkeyX

Dang, i hate people seeing my team before fighting. I love using the gyrados electivire switch and this ruins it.

razorclaw3

Don't QQ =p
They need to make an option on whether you can see the opposition's team or not. To me it's bad since I like surprising people. It's an awesome feeling that you get when the other person goes 'O_O?'.

Wow i just heard of this and did some googling and i hate it :< i like surprising people

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
They need to make an option on whether you can see the opposition's team or not. To me it's bad since I like surprising people. It's an awesome feeling that you get when the other person goes 'O_O?'.

There is an option on PO called wifi clause.

You can surprise people with team preview on, just don't use completely standard sets lol. Run Shuca Berry on your Lucario, use Ice Beam Tyranitar, put HP Dark on your Electivire etc.

(Don't really use Electivire)

I feel like I should be making more use of the team preview feature; right now I honestly just quickly look for what I think they'll lead with, whether they're running weather, whether they have a Magnezone, whether they have a Xatu/Espeon/Toxic Spikes absorption, and whether they have a Zoroark. Judging from how long it takes some people to start the match I'm guessing they're writing down what I'm using?

Armando Payne

So, let me get this straight, B/W is turning everybody into chessmasters? I've gotta say, I wouldn't mind playing an online game of this.

Je note ton point et je le pense que c'est beaucoup tros vrais.

Parler en anglais ici.

Anyway a trick most people seem to be ignoring is when the team preview is up hit "Print Screen" and Paste it into Paint / other drawing program. Use this to keep tabs on your opponent's team. I swear 90% of trainers just glance at team preview and think "yep, they have a Lucario. *start battle"

Take advantage of it! Literally my first times playing 5th gen OU and UU I got in the top 5 because team preview is SO GOOD at removing the ******** aspect of Pokemon.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Yeah, like meru, who types the names of all opposing pokes of the team. Still, I sometimes just nooblishly look at the lead and the style of team.

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
I HATE that your opponent can see your party. I know that I can also see my opponents party but I just hate that my opponent can see whats coming. It doesn't making battles as fun and unpredictable.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
That's kind of how I feel. When I see what they have, sure I'll have to make the correct prediction, but there moves will become more of a formula instead of just going "ZOMG did not expect."

I think it would make Zoroark kind of predictable. (With its limited move pool) Where as if (in one of my teams running it as Whimsicott.) Grass Knot is kind of a give away.

:wub:disc

more like :mam:anbou
with zoroark, switching the pokemon in the last position to the pokemon in the first position really screws with your opponent, i did this a bit with blaziken on a shitty team and the more observant opponents think it's a zoroark and completely fall for it.

Vis_Mage

PokeGyms Creator
I do agree it makes it more s\"skill" based, yet I do miss the good ol' days when I could send a Blissy up agenst my friends water doubble battle set-up, and totally mess him up! Still, I am getting used to it quickly, especially after playing PBR for so long. The option to turn it off would have been nice, through.

Karpi

Forever a pirate
I swear 90% of trainers just glance at team preview and think "yep, they have a Lucario. *start battle"

Take advantage of it! Literally my first times playing 5th gen OU and UU I got in the top 5 because team preview is SO GOOD at removing the ******** aspect of Pokemon.

To be fair, Lucario has both Nasty Plot AND Swords Dance (and Agility but that's not really the point) and you still have to guess.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
In my opinion, this is great. It stops people from being too gimmicky with Zoroark, allows you to keep your counters for overpowered pokes like Doryuzuu and allows you to predict gyara-vire esque switch ins. It makes the entire battle more reliant on skill, prediction is easier!

Just had to say... Isn't that what Zoroark is to begin with? Unless someone is running a team with moves from Zoroark's MS it'll be kind of obvious slightly before one KO (if lead) or possibly even before that (lead or not)...

Really just kills Zoroarks usage in general.

---

On the plus side on Kamikaze leads/Death Gambit makes my Pokemon a lot easier to use when I know whether I can KO any or all Pokemon on the opposing person's team. (Pick and choose I mean) at any time.

yeminied

This is a bad feature. Part of Pokémon is the surprise of not knowing what your opponents team is but just by looking at the team you can tell the basic gist of how they will play for example running weather or HP stall., diminishing the surprise factor.

In the animé Ash doesn't know what Pokémon his opponents will have and in the TCG you don't know what cards the opponent has. Why would you be able to know your opponents team in Pokémon's most successful area .

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
I think a TCG/Anime is a bad example.

I do agree that it destroys the whole "You need to adapt son" skill line which in reality although people think it's more skilled now it actually becomes less.

It makes it easier certainly, it becomes like mentioned earlier a formula and you can practically guess predict what will happen the entire match just by seeing the team. The worse part is a team at a disadvantage due to how it works has no oppertunity to pull a reversal now. That's the thing that still irks me.

yeminied

I think a TCG/Anime is a bad example.

I do agree that it destroys the whole "You need to adapt son" skill line which in reality although people think it's more skilled now it actually becomes less.

It makes it easier certainly, it becomes like mentioned earlier a formula and you can practically guess predict what will happen the entire match just by seeing the team. The worse part is a team at a disadvantage due to how it works has no oppertunity to pull a reversal now. That's the thing that still irks me.

I know but it's 11:00 at night and I'm really tired. I couldn't think of anything better.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Tis cool. I know how it feels at times.