• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tears for Fears! (521)

uber gon

Accept Change
So Shinji's strength training, which focus in actual strength, failed to break Chimchar's fear of Zangoose, yet Ash's own form of training, which didn't focus completely on strength, did.

Oh the irony.

turtle twig

It's good to see an episode like this again. Very emotional and revealing.

The flashbacks continue to make me even more curious about Paul and why he is the way he is.

Chimchar is now Ash's pokemon. Ash's team is finally becoming balanced again.

crimsoneagle

WHERE IS THE MILK!!!
sounds pretty good ill look foward to watching it dub

09Murphym

when do you think they will update the animation in the opening to show of one of chimchar's attacks?

Last edited:

King Charizard

Just watched the episode on YouTube lol Seviper has a Zangoose Radar lmao

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Man, Seviper was really determined to beat the crap out of those Zangoose at the beginning of the ep. You could see that Jessie was really getting worried about it after the second or third time it broke out of its Pokeball, but its bloodlust for the Zangoose just made it keep on fighting.
-It's interesting and a tad saddening how Chimchar isn't used to things we take for granted, like being complemented by Ash after it loses a battle.
-Gotta love Meowth's mini-speeches under the moonlight. The cat almost never has any chances to show its soft side anymore, so it's nice to see one for a change.
-And of course, at the end of the ep when Chimchar had just saved everyone by defeating the Zangoose and TR are trying to retreat peacefully, Ash and co. have to blast them off anyway. Remember kids, violence is wrong unless it's directed at a bunch of people you don't like!

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I honestly don't have that much to say about this episode. It somewhat reminded me of that episode in Johto where Bayleef was trying to fit in with the group. It's nice to actually delve into the psyche of a Pokemon for once, showing emotion in more than just the human characters. I definitely enjoyed the Meowth spotlight, as he doesn't seem to get his episodes nowadays. I think I've had enough Zangoose for a while, though (2 of the last 3 episodes have focused on it).

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
It's always nice to hear a nice speech from meowth in episodes. The whole Seviper/Zangoose thing was cool and Jessie actually showed care for one of her pokemon (it should happen more). And Chimchar was cute in this episode esp. when he/she is crying.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
"Hey Chimchar, wanna help out?"
"Chimchar!"
"Okay...come help me GET SOME WATER!"

Maybe it's just me, but Ash doesn't seem to think of a good job for a Fire Pokemon to help with. I mean, that's be like asking Sudowoodo to help unclog your toilets by using him as a plunger. Or asking Mukkubird to teach Calculus.

Oh, and nice to see the gang all out pickicking and stuff. Very "real", and makes them seem like a true, dysfunctional family.

HoennMaster

This once again proves that Seviper awesome. Hopefully nothing happens to it soon. I'm glad we got some insight onto Chimchar, love that little monkey.

09Murphym

"Hey Chimchar, wanna help out?"
"Chimchar!"
"Okay...come help me GET SOME WATER!"

Maybe it's just me, but Ash doesn't seem to think of a good job for a Fire Pokemon to help with. I mean, that's be like asking Sudowoodo to help unclog your toilets by using him as a plunger. Or asking Mukkubird to teach Calculus.

Oh, and nice to see the gang all out pickicking and stuff. Very "real", and makes them seem like a true, dysfunctional family.

I think chimchar just wanted to help in some way. I also thought it was cool to see them get ready for their breakfast. ;390;

uber gon

Accept Change
I think chimchar just wanted to help in some way. I also thought it was cool to see them get ready for their breakfast. ;390;

Plus the fact that Chimchar was a big help after just coming into the team is pretty nice.

Oh how I relish the day Chimchar beats the next gym in a way that makes Paul wet himself.:)

Nova_Delta

Great episode. Its nice to see the past 4 or 5 episodes i've seen of Diamond and Pearl have all been spot on good. This show is bringing me back memories of when i used to watch Pokemon when i was a little kid. Glad to see it hasn't changed at all over the years i didn't watch it. Chimchar is a tough little bugger and he won't be losing so many battles anymore now that he's with Satoshi and the crew. Am i the only one that loves Seviper? That mofo was taking on all 3 Zongoose at once and didn't care! Jesse needs to train that thing some more, it can become epic!

.Vaati.

.:Guilty Love
I loved watching Seviper take on the three Zangoose too! It definately could've won if it was a 1 vs 1 battle. xD

This episode was just as great as the Tag Tournament one. The people who worked on these past few episodes really deserve a pat on the back.