• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tears for Fears! (521)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
At least they FINALLY put Team Rocket back in the credits this season after they were missing for seasons nine and ten. If they'd gone another season without Team Rocket in the credits, I would have stormed PUSA headquarters with torches. Just kidding... maybe. ;)

Anyway, I finally watched this episode recently after missing it in its first run, and I enjoyed it a great deal. At least Chimchar works through its trauma over its time with Paul, and eventually starts warming up to the others. The scene where it cries in Ash's arms was touching. At least it roasted the zangoose too.

Overall, very enjoyable episode.

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
This was actually a pretty enjoyable episode. I liked how Ash connected with Chimchar and Chimchar didnt know why everyone was so nice to him. Especially since Paul abused him.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
I like to see the tears that he has as tears of bewilderment, not joy - its so much funnier...

Tac1

Far from a Beginner
This episode was my first time actually seeing Zangoose in action, those things are soooo freaking mean, man. And has anyone notice how deep Buneary's voice is? Is that thing like an adult or something?

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Yeah, Buneary is meant to have a really deep voice for a female in the PUSA version, it takes away from the possible Pikachu/Bunearyshipping that could go on....

Anime-Ash

It was a great episode. Just aired here on YTV in Canada. I have to say loved everything about this episode. The emotion, Chimchar's crying, loved it.

Last edited:

Tac1

Far from a Beginner
It's not deep?!? She (didn't know it was a girl) sounds like a 38 year old man that's been smoking since he was 18. It's deeper thyan my voice and I'm 28.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
The emotions did work well - great display

kemal07

god this episode was emotional :( (sniff) felt so sorry for chimmy , loved the way everyone gave support. Sevipers so stubborn but lovable aswell :D

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
I enjoyed the episode and thought it was somewhat touching and very enjoyable. I think that the 'teaser' at the beginning was not very enticing but there wasn't anything terrible about the episode. Mind, there wasn't anything overly excellent about it either.
7.9/10.

Torpoleon

I liked how we got to see some stuff with Chimchar and Paul.(although, they weren't pleasant on Chimchar's part) There is a huge difference between Ash and Co. and Paul, so I could see Chimchar abit..moved by this. Well, Chimchar is happier with Ash and Co. then Paul.(duh)

STICKTOPIA

Chimchar finally realizes that Ash is everything Paul isn't, and is a happy monkey! :D

I haven't seen Ash take a hit that serious for a pokemon since Venusaur whapped him way back when Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve. Huzzah!
wow and i just watched that episode yesterday.. but what about the time ash got hit by seviper's poison tail in the episode he met anabel?

STICKTOPIA

Adult and Profound scenes? YOU MEAN I MISSED THE PART WHERE DAWN FINALLY TOOK OFF HER SKIRT!?

Seriously, this is pokémon. All "adult" scenes are stored in the same vault as the Porygon evolution line and James' inflatable assets.
i found that joke funny:D

No. 1 Machop Fan

It's always nice to hear a nice speech from meowth in episodes. The whole Seviper/Zangoose thing was cool and Jessie actually showed care for one of her pokemon (it should happen more). And Chimchar was cute in this episode esp. when he/she is crying.

I couldn't agree more!

The crying scene is probably one of the main reasons I love Chimchar so much now. I only wish I was the one cuddling it. I mean, who wouldn't feel for Chimchar at that point? Oh yeah... Paul.

Tears for Fears...

Hey, that's an artist from 80's!
These guys rock and I love "Shout"

Every time I hear that song I think of that crying scene, because "Shout, shout, let it all out" is pretty much what Chimchar does in that scene. It is that song and that scene that make the episode's name so perfect for it.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good episode. Chimchar was great. it was nice to see Chimchar beating Elekid in a fight.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
At least they FINALLY put Team Rocket back in the credits this season after they were missing for seasons nine and ten. If they'd gone another season without Team Rocket in the credits, I would have stormed PUSA headquarters with torches. Just kidding... maybe. ;)

Anyway, I finally watched this episode recently after missing it in its first run, and I enjoyed it a great deal. At least Chimchar works through its trauma over its time with Paul, and eventually starts warming up to the others. The scene where it cries in Ash's arms was touching. At least it roasted the zangoose too.

Overall, very enjoyable episode.

I am pretty certain that they were in S9, it's S10 they weren't in, pretty much the first time they never been in it either that or they cut it from the credits?

This episode was a bit emotional, I felt sorry for Chimchar and glad it got over it's fear.

Shadow XD001

I really enjoyed this episode. Chimchar was confused about what was going on, but glad to see the little guy has settled in.