• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tears for Fears! (521)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
More character development for ol' Chimchar? The writers really must like him haha. I thought this episode was good storywise, I just didn't think it had as much action as I was hoping for. Just typical character development.

It was nice to see all the Pokemon out of their PokeBalls so they could enjoy their lunch together. Seeing as Chimchar had to eat alone when it was with Paul, Chimchar was a bit confused about the whole unity in the group I guess. But it was cute to see Ash try to bond with it and teach it about their group.

Seeing the source of Chimchar's original distress (the Zangoose) made it all worth while. I didn't think Paul would have resorted to sure brute training methods in the first place. I'm glad overcame some of it's fears. 8/10

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This was a nice episode. It's sad to see how Chimchar was so traumatized but I'm glad it's in Ash's care now and overcame it's fear of Zangoose.

JohnLee

This was a nice episode. It's sad to see how Chimchar was so traumatized but I'm glad it's in Ash's care now and overcame it's fear of Zangoose.

Exactly! Chimchar has a come a looong way being in Ash's care now. Even just the little bit, when he commanded it in the Hearthome Tag Battle episode.

IkagorePT

One of my favourite Sinnoh episodes.

The Seviper vs Zangoose... nice. But the way Chimchar have got into the crew... that was really awesome. Chimchar has finnaly realized what is the sensation of not to be a slave.

5*

Time to put in my...one...two...cents!

-Wow, the opening wasn't a rap. I love it. I don't want anymore rapping openings. And they actually had credits during the opening. That's a first. Thought I would say that.
-It was probably mentioned already but Eterna Contest? Eterna Tag Team? WTF? Were we in that long of a break? I guess the dubbers forgot because you know nothing really essential. Fantina wasn't there and so Ash couldn't get his gym battle. Oh and Hearthome isn't anything special. Just give the name of contests to Eterna. Don't spit on my cupcake and call it icing.
-Poor Chimchar indeed. Saw this episode in Japanese a couple of months ago and somehow I couldn't stand the English Chimchar voice compared to the other...when Chimchar cried...kind of made my ears bleed for the most part.
-I know it was a tender moment between Ash and Chimchar, but I just couldn't help having a dirty thought race through my mind as Ash rubs Chimchar's butt.
-Jessie showing actual compassion when Seviper was up against 3 Zangoose...Okay never mind. I thought I had something. I see they remembered that Zangoose and Seviper hate each other. But when Jessie kept trying to return Seviper...Made me try to think of Zig Zag Zangoose for a second. But forget about it...it's gone.
-Paul saying Pa-the-tic! I hate him, but nice way of saying that.

Well that's all I wanted to cover.

Yeah, they sure stayed on that part for a bit too long, didn't they? I was thinking, "Yikes! Awkward!

So, Chimchar is officially a member of Ash's team. Serves Paul right for treating his Pokemon with such disdain.

That's sweet how Meowth was actually being nice towards one of "The Twerps" Pokemon. You don't see that every day!

Awww, Chimchar crying was just so sweet and also a bit heartbreaking!
*Gives Chimchar a hug*

Ya know, I think this was the first episode I saw when I first got back into Pokemon...

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Paul did the right thing to release Chimchar because it did not fit into his team..... But Chimchar will be a real powerhouse in Ash's team

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was interesting to see Chimchar getting used to being treated nicely by Ash instead of horribly by Paul. It was cool to see Chimchar so emotional after being treated great for the 1st time ever. It was cool to see Chimchar finally get over its fear of Zangoose. More scenes displaying Seviper and Zangoose's hate for each other... It was interesting to see Chimchar's flashbacks of how it was being treated in its time with Paul.

50/100

TheEpicGoomba

I loved tis episode. It was nice to see some character develpment in Chimchar. The flash backks were pretty sad. It was awsome to see Chimchar build up the courage to beat all of them Zangooses after Seviper failed at doing so. 9/10

NPT

Just a member
This episode was a good way to begin Pokémon season 11:Battle Dimentions. This episode is one of my favorite Sinnoh saga episodes, episodes like this are the reason why I enjoy the Sinnoh series so much.
Chimchar got good character development in this episode.
All of the main group's Pokemon were out of their could enjoy their lunch together, but Chimcher was eating alone...because it had to eat alone when it was Paul's Pokémon. Chimchar was not used to eating with other Pokémon, so it was scared at first. But it was nice to see Ash bondin with Chimchar and tell it about their group's bond.

It's interesting that Chimchar was affraid of Zangoose.
Chimchar crying on Ash's arms was a touching moment, but it would've been even better if Ash's dub voice in this episode was same as his BW dub voice....he sounded kinda rough in this episode.
I'm glad Chimchar finally got over his fear, this episode shows that Chimchar is better off with Ash instead of Paul.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked seeing Seviper fight those wild Zangooses, but too bad he lost ha ha. Chimchar was cute like when he cried during the training session and I was glad when he overcame his Zangoose phobia. :3

Jessie's Seviper battling Zangoose was my favorite part + I felt sad for Chimchar's past. I thought he should've evolved into Monferno here.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Jessie's Seviper constantly coming out of its pokeball has gotta be the funniest part of this episode,the snake just wasn't havin it with those Zangoose

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was awsome to see Chimchar build up the courage to beat all of them Zangooses after Seviper failed at doing so. 9/10

Habunake ending up as the episode's fall guy was messed up in retrospect, but since Hikozaru was involved and got redemption, I suppose that that makes up for Habunake's failure against the Zangoose gang.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This episode was one of the first times I almost teared up since Kanto. I loved the emotion, the plot, and the characters. Finally, Chimchar is in a loving place that deserves. One of the best Diamond & Pearl episodes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was extremely sad to see Hikozaru looking so confused during the lunch scene since it clearly didn't have any pleasant experiences when it came to eating meals with his previous teammates. Seeing Hikozaru tearfully break down when Satoshi comforted him after his loss against Pochama made me angry at Shinji. He had done so much damage to Hikozaru's psyche.

Vulpicks

I can really respect Ash as a trainer during moments like this. He always knows how to treat his Pokemon right.

I also love the Seviper Zangoose rivalry.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I can really respect Ash as a trainer during moments like this. He always knows how to treat his Pokemon right.

I also love the Seviper Zangoose rivalry.

Habunake versus Zangoose was entertaining, although in some ways it seemed repetitive since we saw the same rivalry back in Houen.

Daizy

I call you honey
This seemed like an episode where the writers wanted to jerk some tears from the audience with Chimchar's past. The rivalry between Seviper and Zangoose has been well represented with both sides aching to kill each other.