• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tears for Fears! (521)

Cobalt_Latios

I hope people picked up on Meowth's long-running desire to see the full moon. Its been brought up several seasons in the past that Meowth loves the full moon because it reminds him of the Meowsy days.
Meh, I only remembered this part of his character during the commentary of the 4th movie when Maddie pointed it out.

This was the kind of episode that makes me enjoy DP.
10/10 for this episode. I may record it when it repeats.
If you want, I could e-mail it to you. It'll be in parts, but it's still something.

~C_L~

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
It was ok for the original. Felt the same for the dub. Neither version was really appealing in my eyes, but it was still a good filler.

dman_dustin

It was ok for the original. Felt the same for the dub. Neither version was really appealing in my eyes, but it was still a good filler.

Is Character development really considered a filler? Since the only real filler-like thing about it was the Zangooses (as that's the only different Pokemon/Character that actually appeared in the episode) (though its not really that filler-like as the others considering it contributes to the actual development of Chimchar.)

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Why is it, nowadays, that much of the dialogue I hear on the show comprises of compliments towards a character? Seriously, much of the lines in this episode went something like, "Chimchar, that was awesome", "Chimchar, you're one lucky fire-type!", and "Chimchar, you're amazing". C'mon: 4Kids never put so much off-story dialogue into the characters' speech.
And while I'm on it, why is there no scen in this where we see Jessie and James looking for Meowth, being just as worried as he is about finding them? They'd have had a scen like that pre-DP. So why the need for a plot hole like that one?!

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Another great episode which I had been expecting wishfully during the break.

How could I describe it best?
You saw so many adult and profound scenes and aspects that I wasn´t able to find any reasons why not to enjoy it:
-Meowth´s wise talk with Chimchar
-Ash cheering up an encouraging Chimchar in his unique, awesome way (and that´s on explanation why Ash-Fans admire him so much!)
-The highlight: Chimchar´s amazing and almost epic battle against three Zangoose and his final glorious victory!

Just again phantastic and marvelous!

Last edited:

TeddiUrsa

How could I describe it best?
You saw so many adult and profound scenes and aspects that I wasn´t able to find any reasons why not to enjoy it:

It was a pretty cool episode and our monkey-friend really grew on me because of this episode ( and I liked it before the episode anyway, regardless to my monkey-hate...my damn vacation to afrika...), but you found MANY ADULT and PROFOUND scenes in this episode?

Sure, it was more serious than most other Pokémon episodes but it is far, FAR from being anything adult.

HoennMaster

Adult and Profound scenes? YOU MEAN I MISSED THE PART WHERE DAWN FINALLY TOOK OFF HER SKIRT!?

Seriously, this is pokémon. All "adult" scenes are stored in the same vault as the Porygon evolution line and James' inflatable assets.

TeddiUrsa

Adult and Profound scenes? YOU MEAN I MISSED THE PART WHERE DAWN FINALLY TOOK OFF HER SKIRT!?

Seriously, this is pokémon. All "adult" scenes are stored in the same vault as the Porygon evolution line and James' inflatable assets.

No, I think he means "adult" as "serious", because, like me, he is german, and in german the word "adult" ( erwachsen) means "really serious" in this context.

It is still funny that he thinks that this episode is really deep and serious...okay, for pokémon standarts, but for anything else? please.

Dattebayo

Banned
I was going to give it a postive rating, but when Ash said "believe in yourself," I give it a negative rating.

An episode that I really enjoyed, and yes, it did put a lot of stock in the complement dialogue, but in the end, it is a moralistic cartoon show, aimed at children (mainly). However, there was one thing that really let this down, in my books - the abysmal opening credits that will plague quite a few more episodes to come.
Good to see further flashbacks of Paul's training - was that Graveler once his too?

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
It wasn´t any joke at all!

What I wrote was exactly meant to be understood the way I described it

Or let me say:
"Quod scripsi, scripsi"

TeddiUrsa

It wasn´t any joke at all!

What I wrote was exactly meant to be understood the way I described it

Or let me say:
"Quod scripsi, scripsi"

So, you wanted to say that this episode was really "adult and profound"?

Please, get a dictionary, ash_forever...

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
So, you wanted to say that this episode was really "adult and profound"?

Please, get a dictionary, ash_forever...

My boy, will you please be so kind and follow this link:
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lang=de&lp=ende
Seek for "adult" and "profound" and (surprise, suprise) you´ll discover that it means "reif und tiefgründig" in German. This is exactly what I wanted to point out for this amazing episode ( Who among both of us is pursuing teaching certification in English ? ;) I think it isn´t you )

So please go over your own passages: At first glance I picked up at least three mistakes :p

---

sorry for offtopic! I hope everthing will be fine and understandable now

TeddiUrsa

My boy, will you please be so kind and follow this link:
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lang=de&lp=ende
Seek for "adult" and "profound" and (surprise, suprise) you´ll discover that it means "reif und tiefgründig" in German. This is exactly what I wanted to point out for this amazing episode ( Who among both of us is pursuing teaching certification in English ? ;) I think it isn´t you )

So please go over your own passages: At first glance I picked up at least three mistakes :p

---

sorry for offtopic! I hope everthing will be fine and understandable now

I´m aware of the meaning of those words. You missed my point.

Calling this episode "adult and profound" is an exaggeration of an exaggeration...

This episode just wasn´t adult...

btw, way to go to insult my english-skills and to shove your english teaching certification into my face. I bet this makes your argument more valid.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Tears for Fears was one of my Favorite Episodes I Liked Chimchar's Flash Back's of paul

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
This episode was one of the first times I almost cried since Kanto. I loved the emotion, the plot and the chracthers. Finally chimchar is in a Nice loving place that deserves. One of the best Diamond And pearl episodes