• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teen robbed of meatball sub at gunpoint

Jb

Tsun in the streets
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/delco/133083088.html

So I was just surfing around and came across this story. This is just sick, who does things like this? I think the petty crime in the urban cities have gone too far. Not only was the victim 13, but the robbers were in their ealry 20's. It seems after finding nothing of value on the boy, the robbers then took his sub, they even left his cell phone that used to call for help after the crime.

Thoughts on petty crime in the states, or anywhere? I think it's pretty stupid, you're not even getting anything of vaule not that it's any better if you do.

Last edited:

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
it is so degrading to think that one of my own kind did something like this

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Man, ever since I posted that story about Judge Adams everyone's been quick to post their own sensationalist stories.
Too bad people actually gave a damn about Adams.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Man, ever since I posted that story about Judge Adams everyone's been quick to post their own sensationalist stories.
Too bad people actually gave a damn about Adams.

... Are you saying this story isn't important? What kind of sick and twisted human being are you that you would turn a blind eye to such a vile act.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
This is just sick. There are just some things that are just sacred and shouldn't be violated. I demand that the person responsible for this atrocity be found and put to death for this.

Little_Pikachu

With Action Amusing!
I know it sucks that this happened to anyone, and the boy would probably be plenty traumatised, I'm not playing down the fact that someone was robbed at gunpoint but it does annoy me when people report stories like this. The boy was not "Robbed for a meatball sub", he was robbed, they couldn't find anything valuable, so they took his sub, they didn't think "aww **** son! He's got a tasty foot long! Let's do him over!!".

Ages ago there was a story about an old lady who was "mugged for her fish supper". She was not. She was mugged for her bag, which just happened to contain fish and chips. I'm sure the muggers were hoping for something a lot better.

But then again, I've heard plenty of stories involving people getting criminal records and dying for less.

Chris

Old Coot
I can only imagine the stories shared in prison.

"Whatchu in for?"
"...Tried robbing a kid. All he had was a meatball sub."
"So you like meatballs, huh? I got some meatballs for you right here."

Haha, prison rape.

Flame Mistress

... Are you saying this story isn't important? What kind of sick and twisted human being are you that you would turn a blind eye to such a vile act.

It isn't important, compared to other cases like that. If anything, you should be calling Adams sick and twisted.

Anyway, seriously? For a meatball sub? Wow, this kind of stupidity actually happens? It doesn't even deserve it's own thread, it's just so stupid... (No offence, OP)

We need the News Thread back.

Chris

Old Coot
As LP said, he wasn't robbed FOR his sub. He was just plain robbed for the sake of it. He had nothing they felt worth stealing, so they took his sub as a consolation prize.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
What kind of cruel, callous excuse for a human being would be so vile as to steal a dearly precious possession like a meatball sub? I would punch somebody in the gut if they tried to do that to me.

It takes some serious balls to pull off a crime like this.

You just made my day.

DasBoot

Must be hard robbing children of subs.

Really? What a petty crime. Do some people really not have a life?

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I think they're pathetic cowards.

The kid would have been scared to death and they took advantage of that.

What a stupid headline, like LP and Chris said he was robbed, it doesn't matter what they took what matters is they did it in the first place.

I think some people in this thread are stressing the sub part and not the robbing part.

Really, the robbers couldn't take anything worth anything, so they couldn't rob the boys wealth, but by stealing anything at all, they gave him fear.

Aquanova

Thats really wrong, robbing a kid for anything, it dosent really matter what he was robbed for, but that he was robbed in the first place. Some people seriously need more to do.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
I'm sorry, but this is hilarious.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
...My head is only now processing that what has been said was actually said. And to think that a small child could do better than that, provided they have the stuff to do something, AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

All the more reason why I'm glad not to be human.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So the economy's so bad now, people are robbing food out of each others' mouths?

But wow, that's pathetic. At least the kid didn't get hurt, that's all that really matters. He's going to look back on this and laugh anyway because of how stupid it is. I wonder if he posted this on Facebook.

OP: OMGWTF I just got robbed of my sandwich D<.

NP #1: wtf

NP #2: That sucks, man :[.

NP #3: was it a homeless man lol

NP #4: Who the f*** steals sandwiches?

NP #5: What kind of sandwich was it?

So on and so forth.