• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teen Titans: Future Imperfect Discussion and Information Archive

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I have received permission from Psychic to start this thread. I hope she is well, and thank her for still taking the time to approve requests for DS threads.

TeenTitansReboot.png

Thanks so much Neo/Avenger​

The RP thread. Although it's started, signups will never be closed unless we start getting too many villains.

Map of San Francisco is being used as a rough map of the city

It is 10 years in the future of the Teen Titans series, but this is not a good future. The city has gone through what most people call "The Apocalypse." No, not a nuclear war, alien invasion, horrific natural disaster, or a meteor crashing into the world like what killed the dinosaurs. Something worse. You ask me “what can be worse than any of this?” Simple, really; the bad guys have won, good is no more, and the humans that remain are enslaved to do the bidding of their new masters.

For those who are alive, life is never-ending hell and torture, worse than the depths of hell itself. They wake up and go to work. What's so bad about work? "Work" for them is being slaves to the evil dictators of their once fair Jump City. Ordinary citizens have to do as they're told to be able to keep their lives. They need to live to survive this, because surely it won't last forever. Or will it? The authorities and government have been killed, enslaved, or bought off, and the rest of the country, along with the world, have given up on this city, now called Dark City, or The City of Shadows, depending on who you ask. The city has been cordoned off. As long as the bad guys stay there, they can have their way with the city for now. Those who are born in this city are called "The Cursed" or "The Unfortunate" because they are doomed to live out their lives as just tools.

What of the once strong Titans? They are a myth, a tale told as a sort of religion to give hope and motivation to those that need it. They have been scattered into hiding, their powers unused and untrained, weakened by the hands of time. Over the course of the 10 years Robin, the leader, had gone off to train with Batman and came back as Nightwing. But he had been almost fatally wounded in the last stand, and has since been in a coma for 8 years. The team tried to go on without him, but it was impossible to beat the forces of evil without a strong leader. They were horribly defeated and even more horribly wounded, forced to go into hiding to avoid being killed. Raven, Beastboy and Cyborg were the only ones who knew how that fight really turned out.

When Nightwing was brought down by a number of the Slade duplicates they had come up against in this final battle, Raven was the first to fight her way through to reach him and investigating with her powers knew he was as near to death as it is humanly possible to be without going beyond the brink. She knew the knowledge would probably crush Starfire if they were unable to save him. The battle was being lost, that much was obvious. So, Raven did the only thing she could think to do, she made it look to all that watched as though she, Cyborg, and Beast Boy were crushed by a tumbling building that had been under the attack of one of the other villains. There had been so many of them united in this one battle that they must have been rallied under someone, but whose banner they were under was a mystery to everyone but them.

In reality, Raven carried Nightwing away with her power and hid herself and the others as they retreated. In the end Nightwing had to be put in a life support capsule that Cyborg fashioned out of parts obtained from various abandoned hospitals. The three then hid for a time with him underground in an unknown location. When they finally concluded that there was nothing more that could be done by them at the time and that they were endangering him further by the necessity of having to come and go, and therein opening up the possibility that evildoers might follow them to their hiding place, they left him there, leaving no clues to his whereabouts, hoping that one day he would wake up and lead them to victory once more.

Cyborg used the little technology he had scrounged up to make a memory modification device, which he used to erase their memories of Robin's hidden location, even each other's. They were each exposed to the device one at a time by Cyborg, and exited not knowing what they were doing there, why they had come, or any plans of the others on how to hide. When it came time to use the device on himself, Cyborg made sure that he fired his blaster on maximum power at the same time, vaporizing it. He left like the others, without any idea of what he was doing there, why he had come, and where the other Titans were. They had agreed beforehand that it was better this way in case they were captured. The three had disappeared into the shadows, which were everywhere around them, and were lost to the wind.

But Nightwing has not awoken for 8 whole years, and the Titans' spirits are broken. Those that can, try to lead normal lives; at least as normal as possible with evil presiding over everything in their lives. Those that can't, live in the sewers with the rest of the people that have not submitted to evil.

They call themselves The Renegades, and their leader is none other than Starfire herself. Plagued by the loss of the four friends that meant everything to her, her once cheerful demeanor has hardened. She only shows her cheerfulness when she has to use her powers, and even that's not a guarantee. Her one goal in life is to beat the forces of evil one day, and rid the city of their foul, dirty control.

A mineral has been discovered that can give ordinary humans abilities beyond imagination. It's called Diamite. Simply by touch, Diamite mutates people. Some lose their bodies and become monsters with superhuman strength. Others gain the ability to change their shape at will. These are simply two examples of the almost limitless possibilities of what this mineral can bestow to ordinary humans. The properties of Diamite are simply not of this world.

Of course it's not of this world. It comes from Tamaran, Starfire's home planet. It's harmless to Tamaranians, and is therefore used as fuel for it's abundant energy. But other races are mutated by it. Even in small quantities, Diamite gives off potent energy, and a marble-sized piece would be enough to power a city for eons. Many minions of evil would love to get their hands on a piece of Diamite, so the quantity that The Renegades possess is a carefully guarded secret.
~*~

So there's been a lot of people asking questions either in the SU thread itself or by VM. I figured it would be better to have a full on discussion thread, so here it is.

First of all here's all the questions that have been asked so far, and some VM discussions I've had with people:
This is interesting. Will be an awesome way to bring back Ninjice. Is there a maximum age for this? Also, I cannot help but be reminded of a Batman arc where Gotham was decimated by an earthquake and cut off by the rest of the US.
And my reply:
There's really no max age, as long as it's reasonable. For example an elderly person wouldn't really make sense.
~snip out~
~*~

Are neutral characters allowed, and does the character HAVE to be from Dark City, or can they be from somewhere else if you have a good explanation as to how they got in and why they did?
And my reply:
Yes, as long as you can explain your reasons for not getting killed by all the villains having their way with practically everybody, why you're there if you're not a regular resident who is now stuck there or wants to help liberate the town, and your reasons for being there in general, you can be neutral. We just don't want the story spilling outside the city, but if the need arises this can change. Just not in the near future.

This really isn't a place people WANT to be in normally. They're either stuck there cause all means of escape are blocked and they've been enslaved, are enjoying the freedom to do what the heck they want to everybody else, or are there because they want to help set things right.

I don't see much reason to be neutral, but if you can spin it well, it's fine. ;) Go nuts, pretty much. I once derived advanced technology in a setting that had long lost access to such things. So yea, if you can make it make sense, go ahead.
~*~

DVB by VM said:
~snip out~
Does this actually have a plot as in how things will go or is that up to the players tyring to figure out how to take down the antagonist
~snip out~
And my reply:
me by VM said:
~snip out~
I don't have a distinct plot outline with what I'd like to happen in order. I believe in RP where the GM doesn't dictate the entire story. That might as well be a fanfic. Everybody can and should attempt to shape the plot. You're free to do as you will as long as it doesn't get you killed, but there's tons of evil patrols. The villains shouldn't and do not know there there is a resistance movement at all. If they good guys don't show themselves, they can live out their entire lives in peace. Of course, what fun would that be? I don't have a fallback for another base, so if we get discovered and have to evacuate there's nowhere to go that I can think of.
~snip out~
~*~

DVB by VM said:
~snip out~
But regarding plot, I mean like how would we proceed in beating the boss and reclaing the city?
~snip out~
And my reply:
me by VM said:
~snip out~
How? We haven't decided and it will not need to be decided for a while. Well see, Neo isn't a behind about stuff like this, especially with such an overpowered character. We don't need to worry about facing Shade for a while. We need to avoid her detection while keeping our base secret. Largely we will be fighting and beating the villains into submission, then either finding a way to contain them or just outright killing them completely out of existence. Neo will be making up adversaries for us and we will also be having conflicts with player villains. There is a plan in place for people who lose their characters to death, but do try to avoid death because it has to mean something that you've died and not just "Oh, I can just be revived so I should be reckless with no regard for my safety". There needs to be something left to revive from, and not everybody gets to become a ghost. If Shade turns you into candy and eats you, you're screwed and there's no way to revive you. Sorry.
~snip out~
~*~

DVB by VM said:
Yeah, all right then. It's that in some RPGs, te lack of process starts to annoy people or make them not try as much in the RPG because they feel their actions are not having impact.
And my reply:
me by VM said:
~snip out~
Yea I don't like [not] having much impact on the plot either. I'm trying to make this plot player driven, not GM driven. We will monitor and guide it, not have sole direction on it. We are players too. But if it gets too far in a certain skewed direction and the goal is lost we need to get it back on course of course.
~snip out~
~*~

DVB also had some questions on exactly how powerful Shade is. While he wasn't able to understand it initially, and suggesting superspeed could be used to get in and kill her, I believe this quote will set the record straight:
me by VM said:
~snip out~
She doesn't really need to read their minds. She just needs to know they're there. Shade has complete control over her reality. Stepping into it like stepping into a completely different dimension with different physics, which is in her favor. Everything in her area is in her favor. Everything. Including you. You're in her area, she owns you. Please, just trust me on this.

Shade no longer reads minds, but approaching her puts you under her influence once she knows you're there.

If I missed anybody's questions, please show me a link and I will add it in. Also please continue all questions and discussion in this thread from now on. This will also serve as the discussion for when the RP starts.

~*~

We are currently looking for a couple more player villains, and hopefully somebody to play Raven.

About villains in general. Being a villain doesn't necessarily mean your fate is to lose and be killed off. For one thing, Shade can revive the dead to torment the living. Second of all if you're captured and put in some kind of holding cell, there is the possibility of escape and wreaking further havoc. Sure I'd like the good guys to triumph, but that doesn't necessarily mean the villains shouldn't try their hardest. DO NOT play a villain if you plan to just roll over and die at some point, ok?

Last edited:

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
When will the storyline begin developing? And will registered embers be allowed to submit entries on missions, Character files, chapters etc. Because If i am allowed, I would love to partake in the development of the storyline. I have worked on my para's as asked :)

EDIT: I also have another question. How many plot twists will there be? If our characters are dramatically killed of, turned comatose, vegetablised (that isn't a word, but hopefully you get the gist), then 1) will you PM us beforehand? And 2), will WE still be allowed to be involved, be it submitting chapters, coming up with plot developments, or just generally helping out with the story?

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I covered this. Please read what's already discussed.

This isn't a fanfic. The RP is player driven, not GM driven. You have a plan, present it to the others and gather forces to come with you. Neo and I will only guide the plot, not force it down people's throats.

There will be as many plot twists as we all, collectively, decide on and write in.

Player killing doesn't happen without permission and only if it's unavoidable. Assuming your character isn't vaporized, you can be revived from death. Both sides have access to a form of this. Of course that doesn't mean you should be reckless with no regard to your character's life, but there is a plan in place.

biggggg5

Bigglesworth
What is the rp rated? Cuz my girlfriend made a great villain a while back but she is a little... Intense.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Just so people know, I'm the one that Bron is referring to as "Neo." I got my name changed a ways back but I guess the nickname stuck.

Shade is meant to be powerful, yes. Definitely not a one-hit kill enemy. In the meantime, I'm a bit disappointed there's a severe lack of villains, but I have means of working around it by using NPC villains and possibly RPing things out from their perspective.

Anyway, Bron asked me to mention that the RP is in fact rated Teen.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Just a note, my character, The Fossil, will be using some very obscure and not well known extinct creatures. To help everyone out, I will post a picture of said creature and I will try to describe it as well as possible. The only times I won't do this is when its a well known animal, like stegosaurus or a sabre toothed cat.

Also, I have some NPC villans and heros left over from my last Teen Titans RP. If your interested, you can use them. If you want to see them, please ask and I will post their bios here.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
You could also post a link to Wikipedia to help

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I'm sure Neo will like your villains Grass.

Also here's a full non-core list of characters, with links to full bios on the bottom for those that have them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Teen_Titans_characters

Btw, just putting out there. Unless Neo wants to use her for something, I'm going to have Blackfire be a member of the Renegades on a Vegeta-like basis. Basically, the only reason she's around would be to make sure she's the one to defeat and humiliate Star, not anybody else. Kinda can't do that with Shade being there.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Doesn't she have children to take care of?

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Well, there goes my theory that Shade was really Blackfire

Here are my NPC villans. I'll get my NPC heros up wedsday or thursday at the latest.

Blackice: A 21 year-old girl with dark secrets. Her skin is blue, and covered in incriut tattoos. She has long charcoal black hair that goes down to her waist. She wears a tattered green Kimono. Her powers are a general control of ice, creating it, moving it, forming it, and using it for travel. She is the brains of this threesome of terror, directing movements and attacks. She has a cold, dark, and calculating persona, and would not hesitate to sacrifice a hostage. She is also known to use her seductivness to her advantage.

Knucklehead: His name means more than you think. With an I.Q. of -12, he is confused by the simplest things. He is mostly a machine, only his head still human. But he has incredible strengh. He could pick up and throw an Eighteen wheeler. His robotic body is huge and bulky, with arms and legs like industrial hydrualics. It is unknown how he got these. Because of his 'intelligence' he mostly does whatever Blackice tells him.

The Phantom: From French descent, this ghostly villan is always prepared. He wears a black cloak and top hat, and his face is covered by a smiling opera mask. Inside his cloak, he carries almost every weapon imaginable. Swords, knives, throwing stars, daggers, katana's, grenades, and even nunckucks. He also has power. He can beccome invisible, and phase through walls and other solid materials. He is the tech guy for the team, and rarly talks, even to his teamates.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I can't RP any canon villains. I'll be honest, I've never actually watched Teen Titans, so I know nothing about who the villains are, what their personalities are like, what their backgrounds are, and so on.

My plans are to just make up my own villains to serve as Shade's henchmen. I think that should work out fine.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Dude I linked you all the villains. They're really not that complicated. Also you can always ask me or the other people, like Grass.

You sure?

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Oh wow, an archenemy for Ninjice

Zalck

Back Again...
Was my sign up over-looked....

Zekshirom

Herp a derpy gurl
Marion lives in a noticable mansion, and her generosity is well-known, so she gets visitors often. Maybe somebody could meet her, and she senses their powers, then shows them Wyvern in secret.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I'm sorry, Zalck. I dunno about Neo's reason, but I can't read sign ups too well in my phone cause it comes out too long. Sorry, I'll get to it when my computer has Internet again. I can only stay 2 hours online.

I can only skim on my phone, which is why I haven't been able to give a full analysis of it.

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Dude I linked you all the villains. They're really not that complicated. Also you can always ask me or the other people, like Grass.

You sure?

I'll give it a shot, but if I get them wrong, it's not my fault. I don't want to have to research every villain before bringing them into action.

Was my sign up over-looked....

It wasn't. I just haven't gotten around to it yet because I've been busy with other things, and honestly, it hasn't even been 24 hours since it was posted. Your sign up is pretty huge after all, which means either one of us needs to allot the time out to read it from beginning to end. Try to be a little patient, please. We'll get around to it eventually.

Zalck

Back Again...
It wasn't. I just haven't gotten around to it yet because I've been busy with other things, and honestly, it hasn't even been 24 hours since it was posted. Your sign up is pretty huge after all, which means either one of us needs to allot the time out to read it from beginning to end. Try to be a little patient, please. We'll get around to it eventually.

I just wanted to be sure. There were a lot of reasons, I wasn't being impatient. It was right before a new page, and I saw Bron post without acknowledging it. I've ran RPs here before, I know the posting system can get crazy, sometimes. Please, bear with me. :) It's Thanksgiving break and I'm home from college and bored at home, while the rest of my family is at work or school during the day.

Also, hopefully tomorrow (If I don't get too busy) I will send a PM to both of you GMs with what I meant by 'I'll contact you later' with what I put on my character's Other info. However, I've stayed up playing Black Ops II for too long now, and will attend to it tomorrow. Maybe. Yeah, hopefully. As in Tuesday, that's what I mean by tomorrow.

Samantha Sparks

Since my character is a magician, is it OK for him to learn new spells much later in the story. Of course, these new spells are not entirely new, but are basically improvements to his current spells.