• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teen Titans: Future Imperfect Discussion and Information Archive

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
First, these aren't people. They're demons. They're already harder fighting a regular enemy NPC. You're one shotting multiples like paper. Seriously dude you need to tone it down. I don't care how big the guy is, but he's one shotting enemies designed to be challenging to 1v1. If he can 1v1 challenging enemies, he's immediately overpowered because he's stronger than he's supposed to be. It's like being level 30 in an area where the enemies are level 10 Elites that are supposed to give level 10 players a challenge to kill. You're too strong for this area. Go to a higher level area, anywhere but here.

Second, at sounds alright on paper, but in a balance situation this is overpowered. You need to understand that powers that kill so freaking easily (In a single post) like you're writing need a downside. You just one shot an enemy. Not even a standard enemy, but a hard enemy. You have absolutely no downside to the powers, and meanwhile you're one post killing challenging NPCs. No downside, plus such strong powers means they need a downside. On top of this, you're turning off Chi and magic. Seriously? Now give this insane power a downside, or he's going to need some other compromises to be fair. Like making him have a very low IQ, or slow like a turtle. You're breaking the mold, and making this guy an immediate target because the world needs to be returned to equilibrium. You're basically breaking the laws of physics. Now seriously, tone it down.

Third, they WOULD seek him out. The villains need to seek him out too and kick his behind, because he's just breaking the laws of physics. I never ask for downsides this seriously, but this character needs more of them. He's imbalanced as he is. So ok, we can pull off his mask and he dies? Ok so let's kill the guy. He's breaking game balance. Do you understand what that means? He's an incredibly hard to kill character that has no personality flaws, a weakness he will furiously protect, and powers that one shot NPCs designed to be challenging one on one, while he's killing them one one one not only handily but dominating them like they're nothing at all. Nothing.

Forth, well I didn't think you would create a character that is overpowered. You don't have a history of doing that, so I trusted you to keep to that. The RP isn't dieing, but in a state where people are restless. The way to do that is to start more story. It's not filler, but leading to the conclusion. But of course IRL comes first, but until he's balanced that post can't count. Sorry man.

You did day you're leaving, but not that you didn't like it until after we had all agreed to run it. You deleted it or edited the not liking part before I could see it.

Last edited:

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Okay, understood. I won't have a chance to edit him till I get home from my trip, leaving today, but in general, he needs a massive downgrade. I'll probably remove the metal suit, reduce him to 6 feet tall, ditch super strength, just have him watch the demons from a hidden alley, and have him need to inject himself with certain toxins to be able to use different gases, and only one at a time. He'll keep the inability to feel pain, still be over 500 years old, and have super durability.

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
I know it's a double post, but it needs to be said. The work I do for my grandfather is going to pick up when I get back from my trip, and I don't think I'll have a chance to update this or as many RPs as I have. I do have a few final words.

PLaying a villain is a bad idea for anyone planning to attempt it for this RP. You'll lose in the end, as usually, but nothing you do will have much impact. Starfire and Blackfire both have the ability to bring people back to life, but horriblly weak, by touching the mineral power giver and then the corpse.

Adios

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
For the first post, that sounds fine man.

For the second post, I understand. IRL is more important.

As for playing villains not being worth it, I'm trying to make it so villains don't need to die. They can escape to fight another day, which is not necessarily losing. At least they'd be alive, not in a pocket dimension, and not in jail. It's not necessarily a loss.

As for bringing people to life, I've offered Neo when he was playing with us a chance to balance that out and he refused. Perhaps it's time to look at it again. Shade was from Tamaran. Perhaps she didn't die when she melted, but reverted to her base non overpowered form but lost her memory. She would be able to fly if she remembered how to fly, and be able to use Diamite to bring villains back to life. How about finding her Vampire?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Villian players know going into this that they're probably on the losing side, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make a diffrence. Look at what Slade did to Robin's psychological state.

I'm going to admit I wasn't a huge fan of Shade, and in general melting feels like a final curtain type of death... but I wouldn't say no to being allowed to bring people back to life if need be. Even if it's not Shade with Diamite, their condition would be the same very weak state.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
So you want to find a more tech style way of doing it instead of finding Shade and having her do it? Well as long as you observe the same rules as for Diamite revival, it's fine. Brought back in a near death state, in a condition that can very well deteriorate back into being mortally wounded again. Cannot be used often. Requires being practically on top of the body to conduct revival. Must be described well. Takes up one and a half posts, as in starts in one post and completes in the next. Can be interrupted between first and second post. You're completely out of action while doing it. These are the limitations of Diamite revival. Pretty harsh, don't you think? Trying to balance this so it's not really as gamebreaking as that one guy just gets back up and walks away.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Alright, I am officially back to the RP. I just made another post, and it contains the following.

Fossil entered a code to get back into the Renegade Base. Since he was gone for a little while, I thought it might be a good (and humorus) idea if the code doesn't work, and the heros there go to confront a possible assault.

Also, Raven is having a little telepathic chat with Trigon. I assume something along these lines would happen, as she is closely tided to his persona. Her powers stem from his influence. I didn't write anything story changing, just some dialogue, threats, and potential foreshadowing.

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
See, I normally stay back out of these sorts of things, but I feel it's time for me to input some of my random, odd viewpoints.

So, here we have what is, to be honest, an overpowered villain, who shall indeed be toned down I am sure. Right. We also have the problem of seeing heroes reborn and villains unable to have this happen. Right again.

Along the lines somewhere, every comic fan has to admit it is rare for the villains to win. They can gain a HUGE upper hand, crush the hopes, minds and beliefs of a hero, but eventually they will fail and the villains will be defeated. Good beats bad. It's the way the comic book world especially works. So, even when RP'ing as a supervillain, you need to think somewhere that you are eventually doomed to failure. Sorry, but if you are RP'ing as villains thinking you can actually come out of an RP as a winner then you really are somewhat deluded, because it takes a hell of a lot to actually have a villain win! That's just the way comic books and comic book RP's work! So, instead of everyone arguing about this, that and the other, everyone chill out and actually think.

Firstly, what limitations can a villain break without being too overpowered? And how can they still have weakness that is easily exposable to the heroes, so there is the weakness that will eventually be shown and used to the heroes successes?

Secondly, when RP'ing as a Hero, if you are facing a villain, or have a character who has faced a villain before and suffered, how does this affect them in both the short- and long-term? Will you really be able to say you've come away froma battle without scars or without a lesser state of something or other? Of course not.

Thirdly, whichever side you RP, you need to have fairness to the other side. O course there are always downturns, but when villains in general are stronger than the heroes, especially in an RP where the RP scenario is based on a villain control-scheme, how can you ensure the heroes have a chance of fighting on? revival seems fair, even if its downsides make it a gradual process. Sometimes that may be the ONLY key to survival in a world where the villains are superior to the rebel heroes.

Basically, stop arguing and just think about things before you either post, flame, make a character OP/UP, etc etc. Just think about how balanced it is, and if it can be unbalanced, how unbalanced it can be without pushing it past the reasonable boundaries of breaking.

TL;DR - Stop arguing, think things through, it's an RP; enjoy it or you are wasting your time.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Bron: Got it, those rules seem fair enough. It won't nessecarilly be a machine, but I'll figure out the details...

Grass: Yay!

Krazy: We're not really arguing, we're all in agreement that villains generally lose in the long run, Delta was just being sore about his character being rejected.

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
Vamp: Fair fair.

Bron: So, in regards to Nightspark, what do I do? Metrunui has put me into a tight spot with the bunnying and the fact he only checks the RP like once a month, so.... yeaah....

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Naturally, act like bunnying never happened, and go do something else. I will post soon. Need to update all the RPs I'm in.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Guys, I'm EXTREMELY concerned about the lack of activity. Plus two people (Sam and Mug) disappearing off the forum entirely.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
If I have to guess it comes froma few reasons:

1- Lack of motivation: Considering how the RPG is doing, it is in a recessive point. People aren't sure of what to do and thus leads to disinterest because they feel there is nothing left to keep them.

2- Class time: It's near the middle of August and sumemr vacation will soon end to kick off school time and the like. I know for me I have to put it 21337% effort

3- Lack of exampe: Considering how thinga are with you, they feel that you're not putting in the effort as much as they feel to or jsut not showing it.

All of hese may be right or wrong.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Not sure what to do? Demons are attacking and killing people AS WE SPEAK. This means less slaves for the villains and heroes are not doing their job. City Hall is also being assaulted. Go out and fight demons. Seriously.

Well I can't help you with school, sorry.

Me? I'm involved in a story right now, with even my NPCs waiting for Grass so I'm stuck. This isn't a "GM makes the story" RP. Never was. Players make the story, together. GM included. People don't need to wait for me. Seriously, fight demons. Realistically and fairly, of course.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Sorry Bron, honestly, I'm not sure what to post 'cause it seems like the heros have been in the same 5 minute converation for several posts and you told me to be tame about how many demons are around at this point... I kind of feel like I'm RPGing with myself sometimes. I know the heroes are gearing up to fight the demons, but they were just gearing up to assault town hall before.

People disappear, that's why it's important to have a plan to work around that. If Sam and Mugo don't return, you can always say the demons ate them, or they fell into the demon dimension, or whatever.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Well there should be a horde of them attacking CH and giving you stuff to post. Lots of fighting. Say about 50 of them are trying to destroy CH because Trigon knows that's where the current people in charge are and sending his demons to eliminate them. The hordes need to be repelled so Trigon himself can come out to play. And of course we need Grass doing an exchange with Trigon. He promised to be active with Raven. RPing with yourself is definitely a problem. We need villains right now besides you playing all the NPC ones, and I don't know what to do about them. Not like signups are closed or anything.

As for them disappearing, well Sam can just sit in Dimension S until she decides to return and pick up with her character, while Delta told me Mug quit the forum entirely so she can just fade out of existence I guess.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
DC Universe Online has just launched the Sons of Trigon expansion, which is basically the perfect time to complement the arc we're running. The Seven Deadly Sins page has been updated with the names of the Sons of Sin, and we'll be using their names in the RP. It doesn't list their powers, but we can assume they have the same powers as their Minions.

Here is the link: http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Seven_Deadly_Sins

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
So basically, now, after defeating the scouts & minions, we'll fight the sons, and then Trigon?

I'm not overly charmed with the naming scheme, it's like someone said, 'to heck with it, let's just use a bunch of European names that start with J.' But, I guess, at least they’re different enough in name we’ll be able to tell them apart.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Pretty much hit the nail on the head, yea. That's the order of events I was going for.

I don't like the names either, but I didn't make them. A bunch of names starting with J that sound silly and not otherworldly at all. And forget menacing.