• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teen Titans: Future Imperfect Discussion and Information Archive

Zalck

Back Again...
I would not be able to post until Sunday evening. Driving back to college, and Fraternity Elections and such. But I could possible get a post in Sunday.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
Hey guys, I just had a read through of the past comments and stuff, and I just wanted to throw some stuff out there that might be interesting.

1) I think Min reading kinda sucks, as it just makes it so much harder to move, so what about this as a compromise: Shade can sense changes in the air inside her bubble, meaning she can sense where people are inside her bubble. Maybe not Pin-point, as having an army inside with her, and an enemy strike force as well, would just make it too hard, but she can sense the general area of where her enemies are, and if in combat, can sense when their muscles tighten and they are about to pounce/jump/strike, but only when they are in an attacking position (if she could do that all the time, then she could kill all retreating enemies with a flick of her wrist)

2) I looked at the map, don't know if you approved it from Zalck, but I had an idea: The Renegades could be placed at the South-East quadrant. The Southern Fwy is the main patrol route, though heroes can delve deeper (as Renegade does in his RP sample). The best point of access for a tactical strike would be through Lake Merced/the forests surrounding it, as that could be a really good setting for a fight/a great way to split up groups and create more drama. The villains would have, as their border territories, The Avenues, Haight, and Soma, and everything behind it is Villain occupied. In between is up for exploration, a 'No-mans land' if you like.

3) I like Bron's idea of recruiting, but I think the action should start early on. How about, the main characters starting out are: Captain Reaction, Renegade, LifeBane and Gameboy. I like the idea of, after REactions speech, Renegade and Reaction go on a basic scouting patrol, and as this is (I presume) in the early stages of enemy occupation, all teams are unsure of the boundaries. They then find the Fossil, who is protecting a group of civilians, and recruit him. Then, the story unfolds. More battles happen, we recruit the rest of the submitted heroes, we throw in the odd chapter about the rouge heroes and Villains, and the plot unfolds

Remember, I am just throwing idea's out here, and as Bron said, it's a brainstorming thread, so I guess i'm storming my brain! Also, 2 quick questions,

1) *I forgot, Iwill get back to you in an edit*

2) Can I have a mutual position with Captain Reaction, he is the second in command, but Renegade is... The General. He orders the troops on the feild of battle, and still commands a lot of respect with the others, being one of the first original Renegades?

Thank you, and I look forward to the start of this Epic RPG :)

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Fossil is already a member. Villains have been in control for 8 years, so not so much early changes. You can be high ranking, but I liked how the Captain was written into a story inside the base. You didn't really do that and too late now.

Too much to think about the rest. Will come back to comment on that later when there's time.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I've been gone a bit. But, I put in my profile that Ninjice was pretty much there since the early days of this :/

Shouldn't we let the two Co-GMs decides who is 2nd in command and such

Zekshirom

Herp a derpy gurl
I've decided for ONLY Marion to play a violin. She's normally on the balcony of the mansion playing it, so people can hear it most of the time and see her up there.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
Ok then, as I mentioned, those where only ideas for the story line, I was just trying to incorporate ideas, also, I wasn't trying to say I outrank Captain Reaction, I'm just saying that I want my character to have respect, either out of fear (which is most likely) or because he has been a long serving member. I know that Fossil was already a member, but I was just expanding on a previous comment of Early Recruiting. I am only Brainstorming ideas.

PS: watch the video in Zekshirom's Sig, its powerful, and I wish Sahtori the best

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Donut every player is pretty much high ranking and has everybody else's respect. Don't worry none of you are grunts unless you want to be a grunt.

As for the locations, that's not a bad idea. South East it is. I'm assuming City Hall is in the center somewhere, and that's where the center of Shades operation is.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
Yeah, ok. I was thinking that, with the layout, we can stage some pretty good stealth missions for each team, with the lake, and the buildings that cordone off a select area. It's in Sunday in England, so does that mean we are going to begin posting the storyline?

EDIT: Here are the clothes that my Hero will be wearing, the mask i couldn't find one anywhere, so I've done a (bad) sketch of the basic design. Bon Apetite!
Renegade - Clothes and Mask sktech.jpg

You may have to zoom in on it :)

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I set up what could be the first plot. I hope no one is bothered and that it is accepted. If not, then changes could be made.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
It sounds good. I expect we'll have to destroy it so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands, or something. Otherwise it's a bit too easy of a solution just to time travel and prevent this all from happening. Or we can keep it as a backup plan.

What's everybody think of how I included Blackie? She's still evil, just Vegeta kind of evil.

Last edited:

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Honestly, I could easily see the machine getting accidentally destroyed in a battle or something like that. Also don't worry about Lifebane being too macabre, it is something that eventually he will find himself snapping out of. Also *foreshadowing* for future developments for him.

Also I'm in the process of writing up a sign-up for a villain, and will probably have it up sometime over the next few days.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
It sounds good. I expect we'll have to destroy it so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands, or something. Otherwise it's a bit too easy of a solution just to time travel and prevent this all from happening. Or we can keep it as a backup plan.

What's everybody think of how I included Blackie? She's still evil, just Vegeta kind of evil.

Well... it's not like they don't know that Shade is from the same world as Starfire. Furthermore, it could just be prototypical. I also have some other ideas that could be used to stop Shade if we need some things to do.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Unless you've been above ground and survived an encounter with Shade to talk about it, no you probably wouldn't know who she is just yet. Although looking at her it should be obvious by her eyebrows, which are Starfire-like.

Let's try not to resolve the story in one page. Please? :)

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Unless you've been above ground and survived an encounter with Shade to talk about it, no you probably wouldn't know who she is just yet. Although looking at her it should be obvious by her eyebrows, which are Starfire-like.

Well someone has to have heard something. The odds of no one getting a glimpse of her is kinda low considering what a massive influence she is.Most people can see it and sooner or later someone would figure it out during these years.

Oh I know, but no one is saying it would be resolved. They have no clue what she looks like, they just spy on the chaos she is creating.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven

It actually does make sense though for word of her to have gotten around. After all, Osama Bin Laden's name sure got around even though he did a lot of hiding. It's understandable if none of the Renegades have seen her personally, but they'd at least know her name and what she's been doing, along with getting heads up from civilians who were subjected to Shade's powers, but left the Aura when she moved away. But you're probably right that they wouldn't know where Shade came from.

Otherwise, you're asking for Shade, who doesn't know the Renegades exist, to stumble upon the Renegades, who wouldn't know Shade exists, or vice versa. It just seems weird for the Renegades to be totally aware that Dark City is a disaster but have no clue who is responsible for it, especially when Shade isn't exactly hiding herself and walks openly without a care in the world, manipulating everything around her.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Fine so we'll have names known, but not seen personally. But yea it wouldn't exactly be known where she's from just yet.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
Basically, here's my theory on how each group reacts with one another: Renegades know that the forces oppressing them is rumored to be called Shade, but at the moment, that is all Shade is: Chinese Whispers, a Shadow in the corner of the room that is becoming more black and menacing by the day. On the other hand, I would have thought Shade's forces would have encountered the odd resistance party, and killed them off. She probably thought these where just random survivors, curious and foolish enough to look for new 'territories', possibly for shelter, but Shade's concept of coincidence is running thin. She is beginning to believe that these attacks and scout patrols may be part of something larger. Then, eventually, both group's hunches are confirmed, and the war begins... And that's my hypothesis :)

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Basically, here's my theory on how each group reacts with one another: Renegades know that the forces oppressing them is rumored to be called Shade, but at the moment, that is all Shade is: Chinese Whispers, a Shadow in the corner of the room that is becoming more black and menacing by the day. On the other hand, I would have thought Shade's forces would have encountered the odd resistance party, and killed them off. She probably thought these where just random survivors, curious and foolish enough to look for new 'territories', possibly for shelter, but Shade's concept of coincidence is running thin. She is beginning to believe that these attacks and scout patrols may be part of something larger. Then, eventually, both group's hunches are confirmed, and the war begins... And that's my hypothesis :)

To be honest, I like the sound of this. It's a great build up toward the main heat of the action, and I think it will work pretty well.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Should I be doing anything specific with my "Personal Mission"? I noticed it in Donuts post, and I'm not sure where to go from that. His post said it affected Fossil, but it doesn't seem to. At least not directly.