• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teen Titans: Future Imperfect SU (Little TT knowlege needed to participate)

Chthonic Flames

DepressionEscapist
Unfortunately I'm bad at writing backstories, so I'll put in what I have now and work on the rest tonight and put it in tomorrow.

Name and Last Name: Mila Vom Stein
Hero or Villain: Villain
Super Hero/Villain Alias: Ore (pronounced Oh-ruh, from the Latin Ablative case for Bone)
Description: Despite her German heritage, she appears to be a younger woman of Asian decent. Standing at 5'9 and only weighing about 135 pounds (when she's not messing around with her bone density), she is a frail-looking young woman, with black hair that she keeps back in a bun behind her head with two ivory chopsticks. Her eyes are grey, which is itself a rarity. Her skin is usually very pale because it is constantly being regenerated, with only a few scars from her earlier training still remaining visible on her hands, forearms, and on her left collarbone, all small circles about the diameter of the bones in their respective areas. She almost always wears non-restrictive clothing, as it would get torn in battle because of her power.
Personality: Mila is a very cold hearted individual. Because her power causes her pain as a side effect, it has dulled her to emotions as a whole, leaving only rage and anger behind. While she embraces her powers and uses them frequently, she is usually quick to point out that she has limits. She prefers to work in a team compared to working alone, as her past experiences have proven that a lone villain is usually a dead villain. She has a pretty heavy dependency on painkillers because she's been using them for the past 7 years as a way to ease the pain caused by her powers, and could possibly be bribed to do anything if a particularly powerful painkiller or a large quantity were to be offerred to her. She tends to be less of a thinker, and prefers to fight with brute force, as shown by her extensive use of bludgeoning weapons when using her bone-constructed weapons.
Background/History: She was born to a German father and a Taiwanese mother, which explains her Asian appearance yet clearly Western attitude and demeanor. When Mila was born, she was born with an advanced form of osteoporosis which was disintegrating her bone mass, despite all conventional medical treatments to try and stave off the process as soon as possible. Due to the intense pain she was usually under, she led a secluded life, often alone or accompanied by parents and medical staff. She lived in Germany for 10 years before her father, a medical researcher, moved to Jump City for his research work. Despite having gotten his doctorate equivalent in neuroscience, when his daughter had been born he went back through his studies to study through the field of orthopedics in order to try and help his daughter. It took several years of research, to the point where Mila was 13 at the time, but he believed he had found a type of medicine which would at least accelerate Mila's bone growth rate to at least negate the disintegration. It had passed through the standards of animal testing, and even other human test subjects had experienced positive results. So nothing could go wrong, right?

Cue the allergic reaction, which did what Mila's father had set out to do, namely stop her bones from disintegrating. However, the adverse effect was that her bones were now growing at impossible rates, often puncturing her skin when there was nowhere else for the bone tissue to grow. The experience was so painful for Mila that she was sedated heavily so that for most of the time between 13 and 14 years old, she was either unconscious, or barely conscious enough to understand what was going on. This was when it was discovered by further medical examination that she could be able to control her bone growth if she wanted to. With this in mind she was sent with painkillers to keep her as sane as possible, to a martial arts teacher, who initially taught her to seek inner peace with techniques with tai-chi, though once Mila found out that she was also able to create basic constructs, she took up fencing as well as fighting lessons in various martial arts to keep herself mentally disciplined as well as explore the way she could use her powers.

Eventually she was able to live a fairly normal life. She was considered by many of her friends to be fairly depressive or irate compared to a normal individual, but this was the only problem which plagued her daily life. However, the Apocalypse coming down on Jump City was the horrifying experience that finally twisted her into the dark person she now is. Because of the eventual collapse of general daily life things that tend to happen with evil masterminds attempting to take over a metropolitan area, it became increasingly difficult for her to find that painkillers required to keep her powers in check. Over time she grew to be a twisted woman, craving anything that can abate the pain of her powers being used, which is her current connection to the villainous organization. Though she often works alone in her operations, she has accepted that her true self lies within the band of villains now in control over The City of the Shadows.

Superpower(s)/Special Abilities/Etc: Broadly described, Osteokinesis; being the power to manipulate the structure, growth rate, density, and similar characteristics of bones within her own body, as well as the bones in others, though with limited effect.

Within her own body, she can grow her own bones into any size and shape she can think of, as well as change the density of the bones as well. This allows her to "grow" weapons made of her own bones from her own limbs, including basic projectiles such as spikes and "bullets" which are extruded at sub-sonic speeds from her body. She can also form basic constructs out of her bones, though larger constructs are more difficult, as they require more material which is essentially her own skeleton. Her most common weapons which she uses tend to be bludgeoning weapons, such as large hammers, clubs, or even large shields with which she can bash other people. While she is proficient enough to make and use swords with ease, it isn't as effective as her standard choices.

To supplement this, she has a very high regeneration rate from most wounds, provided that a foreign physical object doesn't remain within the wound itself, such as a bullet or a needle. This allows her to almost instantly regenerate any amounts of bone tissue that she loses from her own devices, as well as any damage sustained to her by enemies. However, regenerating her bone structure takes a small toll on her total energy, and so she functions as if she had a very high metabolism, needing to eat much more than one would assume for a normal human of her height and weight.

In others, she can only manipulate the actual structure of the existing bone (i.e forcing someone's upper arm to break, tearing fingers off at the knuckles) if she can maintain physical contact for at least a minute. While her main focus with this skill is destructive, she can also use it to provide a temporary fix to potential bone fractures in allies by lining the bones up properly.

The main downside is that whenever she does remove bones from her body, it usually involves breaking the skin at the exit point, which is still fairly painful for her, despite her ability to heal the wound almost immediately. To combat this she relies on painkillers as much as possible without clouding her senses, though this only works to an extent.

Species: N/A
Member of the Renegades: No
If yes to the above, then list your position or duties if you have any: (Military-type Rank, and/or how you usually spend your time)
If yes to the previous two, then do you want to be mutated, if starting out as a human member of the Renegades? (Yes or No)
If not a member, were you planning to join? (For people who show interest, but are not members yet. Does not apply to Villains or evil aligned civilians)

List your job, designation, position, or duties in the Villain community: Due to her simple bone-setting abilities, she can be called upon as a proxy medic, although her powers only effect bones. Her preference to go into straight up fights often gets her sent into the front lines of battle. She generally doesn't give advice or strategic information to any of her superiors, as she is usually busy trying to locate a source of painkillers to use on herself.
Roleplay Sample:

Mila Vom Stein aka Ore
Villains
City of the Shadows, Old Subway Tunnel

The darkness was inviting. Though it was hard to see in, it was a cold harsh embrace that kept her mind off of the pain. That sliding honed pain that was piercing her right forearm in the form of a twisted club with a lethal spike on the end. Though it was reported that some rebels had been forcefully evacuated from the old subway tunnels, it was never wise to travel without some kind of weapon these days. The City of the Shadows was definitely not the glorious Jump City of the past, but it didn't need to be either. In the days before the darkness there had been pain, and there was pain now. The only thing that had truly changed for the Asian-appearing woman was who was in charge. Before the dark times she had been in control. Her mind was her focus, her body, operating against its own survival, was only an instrument to be locked away under focus, discipline, and the battle-ready focus. Now with all of that torn away in the shadow of the new order, the weapon inside her had been unleashed. It was hard to keep the asinine hopes of true Zen, of peace within oneself, when you have to fight off the Diamite-mutated scavengers that threatened every dark corner of the city.

The wind was still in the abandoned tunnel system, as could be expected. However, there was suddenly a sound. A careless splashing that seemed trivial, assuming that one was accustomed to a day and age where the things which go bump in the darkness were confined to the corners of fiction. Clutching the bony club once tighter, she also reached into the pocket of her shorts, quickly swallowing a large red pill that she had won out of a wandering vagrant. The elder gentleman didn't put up much of a fight. Especially once he was silenced after his lower jaw was split in half. Fortunately he had been hoarding some fairly powerful painkillers on him. Enough of a cache to keep her running properly for at least another week. She could already feel the dulled pain, and focused on her skin, and felt as it hardened into a callous layer of bone, which would at least be able to protect her from the most common of attacks. It was usually more than enough to scare off the most common of wandering Diamite-enhanced wannabe heroes.

The splashing moved closer, a slogging step series through the subway tunnel. Finally a large frame appeared, much larger than any normal human. Or at least as normal as humans would appear these days. Once he finally stepped into the light of an open manhole, he was visible. He was a hulking mass of muscle. In his previous life he was probably some overweight bus driver or computer expert. Now it would appear that all of the blubber from his former self was simply converted into raw muscle. With a clamorous roar, he charged, ape-like fists clenched to deliver a powerful punch which would send a lesser man to his grave. However, she wasn't a lesser man. Much less a lesser woman. She was prepared with years of fighting experience, fueled by pain and frustration. Dodging the haymaker punch, she brought the spike of the hammer down behind the back of his head. The wound certainly didn't kill him, as he seemed to be endowed with superhuman durability as well as strength. Staggering his way back to his feet, he cursed loudly.

"Allright hone, you might have gotten the first drop on me, but it'll take much more than that to knock me over." Moving slowly for his next move, he was still too far away for a small move with my hammer to possibly reach him. She grunted with the effort, and focused on her hands, pushing out each knuckles of her fingers out with as much growth-force as possible, the bony bullets flying towards her attacker, too quick for him to dodge. The bullets sank into his skin, causing him to cry out in pain as she quickly closed the distance between them, swinging the hammer with full force. As she struck the large brute squarely in the neck between his shoulder blades, he fell down with a breathless scream, the wind knocked out along with his consciousness. After checking him for any valuables and only finding a few cigarettes and an empty vodka bottle, she continued through the empty dark tunnel.

Just another day in the City of Shadows.

Looks great so far, CF. I mean evil, actually. Please continue, and a Sample would be nice. Although since you're from FB I dunno if it's right of me to ask for one. I'm honored to have people from FB here.

Remember people, touching this character is a bad idea for good guys. Makes me glad Star is almost completely long range.

Finished!

I was going for something along those lines. Glad I got my point across. :D

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
@ Pokefan0234

Both Chimera and Contrary look awesome, great formatting, and everything we wanted to see is there. Both interesting characters, I'd say they're both Accepted.

@ Chthonic Flames

Everything checks out, Ore looks great and is ready to rock. RP sample is also exceptional.

Accepted, amigo.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Just got done reading everybody's sign ups, on my phone, which I don't normally do. You're all good to go. I'll add the characters to the first post later when I'm on my computer, but for now consider yourselves accepted and feel free to start anyway.

As usual, Neo beats me to it. Actually I do prefer it this way, so I can see his thoughts first and then finalize it if I have nothing to say otherwise.

PeeGee

ROAWR!

Name and Last Name (If you have one): Did once, but doesn't remember it

Hero or Villain: Villain

Super Hero/Villain Alias: Script

Description: Script is a tall imposing figure, with no features that indicate gender. It wears a long black hooded robe, the robe itself enchanted to the point where the actual length of the cloak is undeterminable, instead just appearing to be every wrapping around its body. Its skin appears to be made of worn leather, with a large number of letter, runes and numbers carved into it, swirling all over its body. What once could have been human hands are now shrivelled up claws, now essentially useless; it no longer actually needs them. Where its face once was is now a golden mask, its features incredibly warped, a pair of glowing green eyes staring out from behind it. The rest of its body is covered by the enchanted cloak, making the rest of it indistinguishable.

Personality: Script doesn’t really have that much of a personality, pretty much being a blank slate since whatever it was that made it Script. It will grudgingly interact with others, but most of the time it likes to keep to itself, believing that everyone else is inferior, the exception to the rule being Shade. Script doesn’t have any idea why, but it has an extreme hatred towards heroes, to the point where even the slightest mention of heroes can make it lash out. Its other distinguishing ‘personality feature’ is that Script has an obsession over books, particularly spell books. Due to its abilities, Script will not stop until it has managed to absorb all the spells that have ever been written.

Background/History: Script has no idea who or what it originally was, where it came from or how it came to be. The first thing that Script remembers is that there was a loud bang, a bright flash, the eeriest of feeling which felt like a thousand needles gently tapping against its skin, and then it remembered opening its eyes and finding itself in a murky area with some girl looking at it. The pair got in a bit of a struggle, and Script discovered its power when it accidentally touch a large book that the girl had and to its surprise it suddenly knew a whole lot more than it did before. Script quickly offed the girl and realised the potential for what it could do. It then spent a while merely wandering around the city, taking in all the information that it wanted and needed, having no worries about anything else and destroying anyone who got in its way.

It found itself joining up with the rest of the villains running Dark City when it realised that they would more than likely have the resources that it required, and it had found that it would do anything for the chance to get more information. For the most part Script has kept to itself over time, only really venturing out to grab itself more spell books and killing anyone who got in its way. Or at least that is what people think. Really Script has been manipulating the lesser villains and henchmen with magic to do its bidding, such as going out and getting the location of information that Script will then go out and hunt for. However, lately Script has been venturing out more and more on blind searches, specifically searching for a set of books that it doesn’t know anything about other than that they exist and that it needs them. It doesn’t know why, but it needs them and it feels like they are the thing that it needs to complete its quest to obtain all spells.

Superpower(s)/Special Abilities/Etc: Script is a master of magic, knowing the vast majority of spells that have ever been written. It has been able to do this due to its ability to absorb and remember any information that is written down in some form. Once the information has been absorbed, it becomes permanently etched onto its skin.

Species: It isn't sure, but it believes it once was human. Now believes itself to be part book.

List your job, designation, position, or duties in the Villain community: Nothing really, the recluse who doesn't really pay much attention to others.

Roleplay Sample:

Other:

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I realize you're going for a mysterious character here, but could you please add another paragraph to the History to expand it? You'd think a book would have more history within it's pages? This character just seems incomplete. If you're unfinished, please forgive me.

Locking down villain signups after Script. Only people who have already said they'd be making a villain are allowed to make one now. With the villains dominating the city already in NPC masses, we are nearing the too many player villains mark. Gotta lock villain signups. Sorry guys.

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Looks good. If Neo has no problems with the character, then you can start writing with Script as soon as Neo gives the ok.

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
'Ello, I would like to reserve a villain, but first, would it be alright if I did someone with similar powers to Ore, but with a different angle and as a result, different abilities?

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Then it wouldn't be somebody like Ore, would it?

Either way, villains are locked, sorry. You can reserve and wait, but unless we get like 5 to 6 heroes, it's not unlocking anytime soon.

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Alright, that's a little annoying, but alright. I'll try doing an SU for him as a hero, but if it doesn't work, I'll keep a reserve for a villain.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Sorry about that. I hate turning people away. But with the villains having an NPC majority we need to keep a PC hero majority for better chances.

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
I understand, it makes sense, I just need to turn him into a hero then. Expect it tomorrow night or tonight, depending on time I have.

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Name and Last Name: Halt Yokana

Hero or Villain: Hero

Super Hero/Villain Alias: Calc

Despriction: Halt Yokana is fairly tall, reaching a height of six feet without any trouble, but weighs a staggering 300 pounds. While it sounds like he's very plump, all of that weight, or most of it in this case, is in his bones. He appears to have some kind of medical condition, as the areas with prominent bones have a degree of swelling, from his bones being expanded from their high density. Beyond this swelling, he's very average looking, with his gut being a little drawn in. His hair is sparse, long, and silvery, parted in a lot of areas to reveal his pale scalp. A ring of staples from a past injury circle his head, though the past reason they were their was to keep the top of his head from popping off. His eyes are emerald green, though he often covers them with a pair of thick silver hued goggles, his version of a secret identity. His skin is very pale from a lack of close blood flow to them, since right underneath the skin is a layer of bone. He wears a grey sweat shirt over his bare chest, since his clothing is often torn when he starts projecting his weapons out. He wears long grey pants, and he walks around barefoot, doing his best to not make any sound when moving around, but he’s quite slow, so he does make quite a bit.

Personality: Halt has gone through several power transformations, and these have rendered him annoyed beyond comprehension. He’s a very short fused individual, and will attack without warning at anything that annoys him in the lightest. He isn’t above killing his opponents, unless they are injured, in which case he will help them recover, especially if they are female, as his honor code prevents him from finishing off an already harmed opponent as well as killing any female. He’s a bit eccentric, and can go off on tangents about anything that he has studied, from anatomy of the human body to medicine to even the roots of trees. He’s very loyal though, and will defend his allies and friends without waver, though this can get him in more trouble than not. He’s also very dense, and needs a lot of encouraging in order to see most innuendoes and metaphors, a little responsible to his head trauma.

This isn’t to say that he is never serious. When a battle starts to light up, he loses the temper and eccentric ranting, and goes into badass mode. With his wide area of weapons, he’ll hunt down and smash down his enemies as well as the enemies of his allies and friends with a fierce passion. He can get angry, but for the most part, he tries to remain calm and focused in battle, or he’ll get very violent and will increase the chance he’ll kill more.

Background/History: Halt was original born with the name Sasori, but after some bad blood in the United States, he was forced to change his identity. He was born in Japan, where his childhood was…fairly normal. His parents both went to an underground science facility in order to the have their children artificial enhanced with super powers, per say. Halt was their third child, and as a result, got the ‘weakest’ of the powers, or so the scientists said. His brother Tsuki had illusion based oiwers, while his sister Amat was given pyrokinetic abilities that could heal or harm. Halt was thought to have gotten the worst abilities, strength of flesh and bone and not control over mind or control over life and death. For a while, he didn't show as many 'heroic' abilities as his siblings, but when he was three, he had wandered out from the third story window of his house, and fell the entire distence. He bounced when he hit the ground, but when his parents rushed to his aide, they found him wandering about, with only a few cuts to show that he had fallen at all. This was just one incident that transpiried over his childhood. With his body near indestrucable, he could still feel pain, but most self defense actions that a normal person would have wired into their brain he lacked. One time, while he was eight, he was hit by a bus, bounced between two cars, and as a drunk driver ran over his head, the top cap of his head popped off. It took three days for the doctors to even start the surgery, for his dance skeleton left it difficult to repair his skull. The doctors were finally able to stable the cap of the skull back on, but it was impossible to remove the medical staples, as the bone of the skull 'repaired' itself with excess calcium from a nearby morgue. It was during this little excursion that Halt learned that his powers, while powerful, needed a lot of bones to feed off of. Japan's honor system was too strik for him to go off at night and grave rob, so Halt took the easy option and left for America, California to be exact.

While in the northern part of California, he was contacted by Robin to become a part of the Teen Titans North Tower. He accepted, but remained low, na d wasn't that big of a member. He formed a friendship with Ninjice, but it was cut off when Ninjice left for Japan with Blindlight, or as Halt was told. During his time, his powers mutated suddenly, and became more like his sister Amat's powers, black flames that could heal but also burn away into nothing. He took the alias Susano during this time, and rejoined the Teen Titans as Susano for the second run of the North Tower project that he was a part of. During this time, his powers became harsher and less healing, more meant for destruction. He reconnected with an old crush Izu, AKA Detour, and after the North Tower Project was put down again with the end of the villains reign, he went back to Japan with Izu to try and start a straight life with minimal police involvement, as he tended to kill criminals as well as once grave robbed. He tried to be a strong supporter of Izu with a couple of low key jobs, but it wasn't long before the Teen Titans contacted him again. Bidding farewell to Izu, he flew to Dark City, and joined the Renigades. While there, his power mutated again in reaction to the Diamite, and he became Calc once more. He was annoyed to say for the least.

Superpower(s)/Special Abilities/Etc: Calc, as his super name suggests, is able to move the calcium that make sup his bones around in order to form high density weapons, armor, just about anything out of his bones. His bones are ultra dense, and he is able to withstand ten metric tons of pressure on his body without ill effects. A counting of this calcium and bone surrounds his body just under the skin, and this acts as a protection measure, though it can't take much more than one ton hitting it driectly.

In order to from his weapons, he excretes the calcium that he wants from his bones along his skin via the pores in his skin, and this removes the need to tear his skin out. If a bone he is connected to break though, even if it's by a small thread, he feels pain equal to the bone shattering in his body.

If he runs low on calcium or needs more to fight a threat, he can create more on demand, though this can be taxing if he is forced to do it extensively in a short period of time. While he can't force an opponent's bones to break or shatter, he can tap into their skeleton with a small probe. With the probe, he is able to feel the vibrations given off by the inner ear bones, with a two second delay, and with this tap into what his opponent is hearing.
Species: N/A

Member of the Renegades: yes

If yes to the above, then list your position or duties if you have any: Primary guard for Starfire, though he often shrinks his duty for either a bite to eat, more bones, or just to go onto the street and roam.

If yes to the previous two, then do you want to be mutated, if starting out as a human member of the Renegades? Yes to mutatted, but he had existing powers

If not a member, were you planning to join?

List your job, designation, position, or duties in the Villain community:

Roleplay Sample: not sure what to put here, but I'm in the Code Lyoko RP as well as Billy May's current RP. If you need more, just say

Other: this took a little more time than I expected, hope it's okay.

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
It looks ok. Just a couple of things for clarification.

1. There is a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes, but nothing too serious. It was a little confusing to read because there was guessing involved.
2. It seems unwieldy to need to look for dead people/animals on a regular basis to refill his bone supply. You might end up out of action a lot instead, due to realistically having run out of bone matter and having to go grave rob. Also does milk help? Why not change it so he can produce extra bone matter on demand?
3. The delay in being ready for action. Are you sure about this?
4. If it irritates him to not have flame powers, basically you're saying your character doesn't like his powers. Is this a conscious decision by you as the writer to irritate your own character? Or if you're not going to have fun with it like this, feel free to change it to the powers you like.
5. Starfire is flattered, but honestly, if he shirks his responsibilities often then her opinion of him would be low. I hope that's fine with you.

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
1. Yeah, I haven't proof read it on my laptop yet, sorry about that
2. I could have, but in a past TT Rp, he paid off doctors with drugs in order to get the said bones, and this is his return, so I wanted to keep it. It also made him a bit more morbid, which is fun to play as
3. He keeps a pair of fist bones that are over his fists as battle ready on the draw. As for the minute delay in forming the bones, I felt that it would be easier than tearing his own skin out
4. He is not annoyed at his powers, he's annoyed that his powers have changed so much in a short period of time.
5. Yeah, I was thinking of removing that, as it's only purpose for him shirking off is to be able to scout and participate in above ground battles. I can easily change that, and it would make more sense.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
1. Yeah, I haven't proof read it on my laptop yet, sorry about that
2. I could have, but in a past TT Rp, he paid off doctors with drugs in order to get the said bones, and this is his return, so I wanted to keep it. It also made him a bit more morbid, which is fun to play as
3. He keeps a pair of fist bones that are over his fists as battle ready on the draw. As for the minute delay in forming the bones, I felt that it would be easier than tearing his own skin out
4. He is not annoyed at his powers, he's annoyed that his powers have changed so much in a short period of time.
5. Yeah, I was thinking of removing that, as it's only purpose for him shirking off is to be able to scout and participate in above ground battles. I can easily change that, and it would make more sense.

I've read it over and I'd give it my approval. No problems, here, though as Bron said, I'd be okay if you decided not to have him need to grave-robbing to keep his powers intact. Same thing with the battle delay. I just think those are disadvantages that aren't really necessary, especially when very few other characters have things like that going on in them.

Also, I'm in Billy's RP and I've seen your RPing. I don't think a RP sample is necessary, your stuff is pretty good.

All that aside, everything looks great. Gets my seal of approval.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
What do you think about milk as a secondary source of calcium, or why not change to being able to make new bone matter on demand?

Ok based in all of this, please make the changes you feel are necessary and let us know when done.