• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teen Titans Go!

I personally am enjoying it way more than I thought I would. I think the show is very hit or miss like people brought up. Some of the shorts work way more than others. Obviously, if you like the Teen Titans and their personalities, this is a good show to watch. I could see this leaving a bad taste in people's mouth if they wanted a show more like the original and I also get why people don't like this replaced Young Justice. It all comes down to taste. If people want a TV show that has more drama, complex storylines and characters, etc., then of course Teen Titans Go! replacing Young Justice probably wouldn't go over well with some viewers. But the pros of the show are definitely seeing more stories with the Teen Titans (all of which, I really like and don't think I could pick a favorite), its humor could be very effective and it is a clever well written show. Like I said, some shorts work better than others and it's not the funniest show on TV but if you are looking to watch a TV show that will entertain you and give you a few laughs, then definitely check it out.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Yeah, my biggest vice. Comedy isn't my deal, it's not bad but kinda eh....I did like seeing the characters again for the sake of seeing them again, the reason I like them is pretty much because of the original. I found the Birthday episode to be a bit grating with the Beast Boy and Cyborg fight scene, like overly drown out and wacky. I'm gonna keep watching and trying to give it a chance, even though I'm not for comedy but eh. Dunno. Ironically, I found Robin to be decent in his own right in the Sandwich episode. The humor gets from entertaining to downright stupid in many areas though. The animation isn't my cup of tea or the drawing style. I realize the whole "heroes with free time" is the aim of the show but eh....I found myself waiting for the end of it. Which isn't a good sign, I'll give it more of a chance. It's more of a show if you really like comedy.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I don't know, normally I'm not one for childish comedy, but this ones different for some reason. I actually find myself enjoying the show so far

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I love that Batman is getting cameos and references. I hope we end up seeing him in one of these episodes.

SmartD

I've watched the episodes, it looks...fine I guess. It's nice to hear the voices back together again.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
I watched one episode, it was alright, but I miss the more serious episodes.

Why couldn't we have the real teen titans back? Some of the villians in that series were pretty memorable, specifically slade. I don't see how they can put any good villians or action in this style

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Teen Titans Go? Lololol. That show just killed Teen Titans for me because I find it unfunny and unneeded. I stopped watching after episode one.

not_girly_girl

I'm back.
i hated this show so much, i mean its funny but then not like the real teen titans. the real one was funny occaisionally, but also had dark, sad themes, and the combination of both is what made it great, but this one just has one side, making it equal to spongebob or whatever

Palamon

Silence is Purple
i mean its funny but then not like the real teen titans. the real one was funny occaisionally, but also had dark, sad themes, and the combination of both is what made it great, but this one just has one side, making it equal to spongebob or whatever

This, this, this. Teen Titans is known for how it can be dark or sad at times and a combination of both. Now, plain comedy and no real action just makes it plummet to the ground. ...So yeah.

not_girly_girl

I'm back.
This, this, this. Teen Titans is known for how it can be dark or sad at times and a combination of both. Now, plain comedy and no real action just makes it plummet to the ground. ...So yeah.

yea, im pretty sure itll just be another kids show since it kindof appeals to them, it doesnt appeal to old teen titans fans

Palamon

Silence is Purple
yea, im pretty sure itll just be another kids show since it kindof appeals to them, it doesnt appeal to old teen titans fans

Yeah, true. With every new generation new types of fanbase happen. Maybe if the comedy get a little different and there is more action more old fans will like it, but I have doubts.

BCVM22

You guys do know that a kid could have been born the day after the original series ended and he/she would be 7 years old now, with no knowledge of the original series or immediate desire/means to track it down, right?

There's not a whole lot of point to complaining "well this is NOTHING like the original show!" We can see that. One might say it's intensely obvious. They didn't make this show for you religious devotees of the original series. Otherwise they would have simply continued the original show, with most of the original designers and writers still active and, obviously, the principal voice cast still active as well. If one of the staunch devotees of the original show wants to say "hey, I'll give it a go", I'm sure they're happy to have you, but they're not dependent on you at all.

If the all-comedy SD format doesn't do anything for you, that's fine. No one likes everything and hardly anything is liked by everyone. Don't watch, then. That doesn't make criticisms like "unfunny and unneeded" accurate or whatever else someone wants to say. That the show is different from previous material doesn't make it without merit.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I don't think it matters if it isn't like the original show since it doesn't continue anyway. Nothing really wrong with this show I guess bar the that abomination that is the poorly used flash.

Anyway, was this what Young Justice got cancelled for? If so, someone needs a Bat, *****slap.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Anyway, was this what Young Justice got cancelled for? If so, someone needs a Bat, *****slap.

This isn't how it works. People like thinking this because it gives them an outlet for their anger.

Young Justice was cancelled, because it couldn't move (didn't have) merchandise and because the network did it no favors with the airing schedule. With it being cancelled and done, a show that was already developed, produced and had episodes in the can was put in the time slot. It isn't cause and effect - the former was not a direct result of the latter.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
This isn't how it works. People like thinking this because it gives them an outlet for their anger.
It's only natural to feel upset though; as humans it's natural to dislike change. Give us some breathing room for once.

Everybody's wish from Trigon was pretty funny, Robin's in particular. Yup, that's what you need to be called a superhero.

Last edited:

It is I-

Everybody's wish from Trigon was pretty funny, Robin's in particular. Yup, that's what you need to be called a superhero.

Beast Boy's was rather smart actually. Think about it, he could transform into a remote for the T.V. and they would never lose it again.

That being said, while I strongly dislike the animation style I do find the show hilarious.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Beast Boy's was rather smart actually. Think about it, he could transform into a remote for the T.V. and they would never lose it again.
Now you can be a cake and eat it too. Starfire's lingo...

That being said, while I strongly dislike the animation style I do find the show hilarious.
Yeah but whatever fits the budget and as long as the humour's good that's all that matters.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Fanboys will be fanboys, comparing 2 different but in a way the same show with the same cast is bad.
Teen Titans: Intended to serious and dark.
Teen Titans Go!:Intended for comedy, modern day cartoon humor, to appeal to a new gen.
I hate it when people get caught up in the past.

BCVM22

And incredibly enough, the original show was not serious and dark top to bottom, and did comedy as well as any show of the time, particularly in the episodes designed for it.