• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teen Titans Undercover: Jailbreak (PG-13) RP

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Electrocutioner
Mess Hall

Was that a nod to follow, or a nod to stay away? All us infiltrators were on a mission to find out the escape plan, but how long would we have to stay here? I mean if we kept stopping all the escape plans we would have to keep doing it. Even I found that pretty boring. Extremely boring. The other girl didn't talk to me, so I decided to follow the leader of our operation to the library. Maybe I could get some reading done and catch up with him on events, if we could do it while keeping up appearances. I sat down in front of 'Torrent' with a book on mechanical engineering in front of me. Extremely elementary, but still something I enjoyed. There was one other inmate near us looking over the shelves that I could see, and I couldn't even tell if they were male or female. They had their back to me at this angle.

I lowered my book and looked at him, trying as hard as I could to project my thoughts. Obviously failing that, I hoped he would understand I meant to find out if he had obtained any useful info. Would we even be able to talk in this place without being found out?

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
UV (Sam Anwell)
Yard (Outdoor Gym)

The girl laughed, and rolled on to her back. "It is pretty quiet now, isn't it? But it only takes two to tango - and you realize where you are, right? It gets interesting fast. Oh, and forget how strong you might think you are out there." She pointed her thumb at electric fence that kept everybody inside, and scoffed. "I mean, I've never heard of you, and that's saying something, but whatever..."

"Yeah, when you lock a bunch of pissed off people in one building, I would think stuff would happen..." She was the second person today who said they hadn't heard of him. Obviously, he had only just became a criminal today, but he had no idea there was a whole community of criminals. He figured most of them would just be in it for themselves. She then told a story about blowing the eardrums of a few bystanders, including a prison guard, and getting thrown into solitary confinement for a week. Max had to try very hard not to look too grossed out by the statement, but he still found himself cringing.

"You have to fight differently here. The runes are pretty great too. They really drill that into your head..."

"Right, avoid maiming random people, and the runes suck. Got it!" He gave a thumbs up gesture.

She then went into how she wound up in the prison. She had started off taking food to provide for herself and some other kids, and slowly worked her way up to stealing more valuable things, until the Teen Titans caught her trying to sell stolen antique pottery. "You can't mock me for it - I already know you guys got busted robbing a bank. You gotta be a little better before you tackle the big boy stuff, y'know." She said with a laugh.

UV shrugged his shoulders. "We really needed the money. We thought there would be safety in numbers, and that bank seems to get robbed by someone new every other week... We figured with our "special talents" we'd have an easy time getting what we wanted." Using air quotes when he mentioned special talents. "But nope, we got busted. Oh well, live and learn..."

"I go by 'Resonance'. What about you, new guy? Got a story? ...A short one, I'm guessing?"

Max had given UV a story similar to his own, so he wouldn't have to lie. It was just tweaked a little to fit the whole villain thing. "I call myself UV. I just got sick of living with my jerk ass dad, so I left. Plain and simple." UV sighed as he remembered the times he would dread coming home to him yelling about something stupid, and whether or not he'd get slapped for something that day. "I figured anything would be better than living with an alcoholic blowhard... I don't know where I would be if my buddies hadn't found me. We were a bunch of misfits as far as society was concerned, but we all had gifts." He made a fist, and caused it to glow violet for a moment to demonstrate his powers. "And damn it, we were gonna use them to make our lives better!"

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Bron: Again, If the heroes can get the villains caught, they won't have to stop them indefinitely, because they'll all end up in solitary, and Robin can get the heroes out. As a genius, your char should be making plans for that, rather then worrying about it.

Torrent (Dexter Johnson)
Basement (Library)

Electrocutioner followed Torrent into a the library, picking a book on mechanical engineering for herself and sitting at a nearby table. Torrent replaced the civil war book and pulled down one on aviation history, then seated himself at the table as well.

She stared at him a moment. Clearly she was looking to talk, but of course there were other inmates around. Torrent couldn't see them as well as he hear them, and they'd probably hear the two of them just fine as well. They'd just have to use their ability to read between the lines. He flipped through a few pages, which wasn't as easy as he made it look, considering he couldn't move his fingers separately, then set his book down.

“Sooo, I meet Billy Numerous and See-More at dinner. UV was there two, his roommate, didn't catch his name, and some girl named Violenza, I think it's a last name. . . I don't think she likes me,” he commented in a lowered, but not whispering, library appropriate voice, “Seems like everyone here knows, or at least knows of, everyone else. We might be able to make some connections that'll be useful once we get outta here.”

He flipped the page in his book. He wasn't really reading any of it, but he wanted to look like he had reason to in the library encase an guard or suspicious inmate came by. The old plane pictures were kind of cool though.

Tangeh

Resonance (Vivian Walker)
Yard (Outdoor Gym)

"Right, avoid maiming random people, and the runes suck. Got it!" The boy gave her a thumbs up.

Vivian grinned. "You learn quick." The most adaptable always did the best, and within the prison walls this was no exception. And considering how good of a mood he was in with everything that had happened... well, she figured he'd make out alright, oddly enough.

Once again the boy shrugged off her criticisms, this time regarding their failed break-in. "We really needed the money..."

Right then, Vivian's interest was piqued. She could hear when people were hiding things from her - the subtle changes in their intonation were easy for her sensitive ears to pick up. She'd gotten more than enough practice detecting it among her fellow inmates, who apparently were compulsive liars with the way they described some of their heists... but usually the motive was clear cut in a thievery case. She couldn't imagine anybody robbing a bank for any reason besides the money, after all - perhaps he didn't want her to know what he intended to do with it? The tone didn't change any with the rest of his story, so the problem could be something else entirely... 'He probably doesn't want me to know how badly they got their butts kicked. As if I couldn't guess...'

"..." She had zoned out, but managed to snap back when he trailed off. "Money, huh...?" she asked, trying to decide how to word her question. "The solver of all problems, or at least that's what I've been told. Wish I could test the theory. All of you guys were so desperate that you robbed a bank? Why did you need money so badly?" She didn't expect an answer, or at least not a straight answer, but she figured she might as well throw the bone. If she was still curious later she could probably get it out of somebody else in his group.

As UV introduced himself she tensed again, sensing he was still hiding something, but relaxed as he continued with his story. It was a familiar tale to Vivian, who had looked out for a few kids who had run from abusive home situations. She recognized the pain in his voice, and believed he was telling the truth, if not the full truth. She blinked when he made a fist. It looked like it might be glowing a dark sort of colour - to her it just looked to be a dull brown. '...I wonder if I should pretend to look impressed? What if it's really vibrant? Eh, screw it...' She snapped her fingers a few times, then rapidly condensed a tiny area of sound waves around the last snap, which echoed like a gunshot across the facility. She looked innocently around, as if confused as to where the noise came from. She didn't want the guards becoming too interested in her tonight. "...Whoops, too loud," she said nonchalantly, sitting up. "Well, sorry you're stuck in here, newbie. Not much time before they lock us in, so I'm gonna take a walk." Not that there was a whole lot of area to walk in, but it was a heck of a lot better than pacing a cell. She stood and left the outdoor gym, intending on making a few slow laps of the yard while she still had the chance.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Omega Dragon (Suranuras "Solarines" Agypri)
Mess Hall --> First Floor --> Kitchen --> First Floor Hall --> Yard (near Outdoor Gym)

Sura continued to eat.She wasn't really paying attention to anything the others around her might've said while she finished her meal. She was starting to get bored of the place and she couldn't really talk to Strike about much. They're in the middle of hundreds, possibly thousands, of villains. Some of them she might've put in here. So it wasn't a good idea. Plus, as said, it's not like she can talk to Strike about what is the ideal way to counter attack a counter attack or how to tune things out. Well, maybe the latter, but that wouldn't cure her boredom.

She gulped the last of her chocolate milk and wiped off the excess with her wrist, but then stopped. She stared at it. Her mother's bracelet was gone. She frowned at this. Guess I'll be switchin' priorities: find out where my bracelet is first, then look for a place to kill time.

She put her glass on her tray and picked it up as she stood.

"I'm heading off. I'll see you later Strike," she said, not wanting the girl to feel bad or anything, before leaving.

Obviously, she put her tray at the return rack, mostly following other inmates and Torrent as they placed their trays there. She wasn't so sure what to do with her glass. She couldn't tell of was silverware or something else, the colors making her very confused because she remembered this one time she threw a glass cup think it was made of plastic or polyethelyne. She threw it into the trash can after some thought, hoping she wouldn't regret it. Then she finally went out of the Mess Hall, a big smile in her face. After a few minutes walking around, she realized something, she has no idea about the layout of the place. She lightly slapped herself in the face.

"Great... Just great..."

Oh well, might as well try. And try she did. Now, I know the prison is pretty small compared to some malls and even some houses, but that does not mean she can't get lost. Especially since the walls looked pretty much the same.

When she finally came across a door, she went inside only to find herself in a kitchen. She groaned and mentally facepalmed.

What the hey?! How'd I get here? Ugh... I really need to find a map of this place... But then she had an idea. She was bad in navigating most places but when there's a fire, she can go through just fine. All she needed were marks. So, she heated her hand a little and prepared to punch the wall near the outside of the door (the way she entered) but then stopped. Wait... They might think I'm trying to escape, and then I'll be tazed and put into solitary confinement. She shuddered at that thought. She relaxed her stance and just groaned as she closed the door and left.

She just kept wandering around, trying to make note of any fire alarms since they're usually red and easy to remember. Fire alarm = sprinklers = safe place from fire. Yes, it's odd that someone who uses fire doesn't really like it like how kids like ice cream, but she did lose her mother to fire. Mom... She halted, a nostalgic look in her eyes. I hope you're in a nice place now... She sighed and just stood there. At least until she heard the sound of dumbells being picked up.

She looked to her right and saw a boy, about his late teen years from her guess, lifting weights and a girl on a bench near him. She blinked. The boy looked familiar. Her head tilted to the side as she squinted. She knew she saw that face somewhere. Apparently they were talking because she could hear something about "forget how strong you think you are here." She made note of that. It took a while, but when she heard the guy's voice, she remembered his name: Sam, or rather, UV.

BANG

"What the..?!" Sura feverishly looked around. Was that a gunshot?! She started thinking someone was trying to escape until she heard the girl talking to UV say, "Whoops, too loud..."

Sura usually would've gotten mad at this point and stomped on over to the offender and demand for an apology, but not this time. This time, she just sighed and relaxed. Grateful it wasn't what she thought it was. She looked back at the two and saw the girl stand up and go for a jog around the yard. Hmm... At least some have some decency. She kept track of the girl for a while then headed over to UV.

"Hey UV! Remember me?" she said as she leaned over the bench the girl from earlier was on. "It's Omega Dragon. Have you seen the others yet? I'm wondering where they are after that robbery. Only found one so far." She stayed silent for a bit, and then added. "I didn't know you lifted weights. Do you do that often?"

Probably inappropriate, but she couldn't care less. She was just curious.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
UV (Sam Anwell)
Yard (Outdoor Gym)

UV shrugged his shoulders. "Why does anybody need money? To get stuff. Food, a place to live. the usual... It seemed like a good idea at the time..." He didn't think he was going to have to come up with some elaborate story for why he and bunch of his friends decided to rob a bank. Needing money should have been a good enough excuse.

After he told his story, Resonance snapped her fingers a few times, before a there was a sudden loud "BANG" noise that seemed to come from out of nowhere. The unexpected loudness caused Max to wince. She looked around, as if confused as to where the noise came from."...Whoops, too loud," By the casual tone, it was clear that she had caused that noise.

UV raised an eyebrow. Hm... interesting...

"Well, sorry you're stuck in here, newbie. Not much time before they lock us in, so I'm gonna take a walk." She then stood up, and left the outdoor Gym.

"K, bye!" UV waved back, then went back to lifting weights. He realized after the fact that was probably too cheerful for someone who was supposed to be a villain locked up in jail, but it wasn't like every criminal in the world had to be grumpy right? As a matter of fact, other than that Violenza girl, everybody else he had met in this prison seemed like decent people.

He picked up the dumbbells again, and went back to what he was originally doing in the outdoor Gym to begin with. He didn't get very far before he was greeted by another. This one was more familiar though. "Hey UV! Remember me?" she said as she leaned over the bench. "It's Omega Dragon. Have you seen the others yet? I'm wondering where they are after that robbery. Only found one so far."

"Well... duh! Of course I remember you silly. We robbed a bank together. Well... tried to anyway..." He glanced at the camera, if that thing weren't there they could have dropped the pretenses and talked hero business. Oh but no, there has to be a camera everywhere in this place. Max had to wonder how he and the others were going to talk about what they learn while they were undercover if there was always going to be someone or something watching. "I ran into Torrent at lunch. We didn't get to talk much. Then again, he usually doesn't talk much to begin with, so I guess that's not exactly new, heh."

"I didn't know you lifted weights. Do you do that often?"

UV shrugged. That question certainly seemed to come out of nowhere. "Hehe, well, it's definitely gonna be something I do more often now that I'm in jail. It's not like there's that much to do here anyway..." He put the weights down again before adding, "So... how has your first day in prison been?"

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Electrocutioner
Basement Library

I nodded. I had gotten the same impression. "You mean if we get out of here. But yea, there seem to be cliques and a chain of command among the existing prisoners. I got that impression from Gizmo. He thought I was trying to seduce him when I was just looking to get in with him and whatever group he's with. Besides the Hive 5. This Violenza sounds important." I turned a page as well, actually reading and scoffing at the stuff I'd learned when I was little. Not an elementary school book, but it was certainly on that level as far as I was concerned. I kept my voice appropriate to the library. "But I'm pretty much striking out by the looks of things. I was hoping you could give me some advice on how to get somewhere with the existing prisoners. Make connections, maybe actually keep them when we get out." I had to sound convincing in case someone was actually listening, that we would escape. But all we had to do was get them in enough trouble to make sure that they'd be in solitary for life and we could get pulled out. But how, when nobody would talk to me? "We don't have places like this where I'm from. How can I be tough when it's a good way to provoke people? Without my magic I'm just smart. At least Billy gets to be annoying and keep his powers and Mammoth is still strong, but I don't have any of that." Library appropriate tone, but down low enough that nobody would care.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
OOC: Okay, in-game time is now about 7:30, half-an-hour until lock-down, wrap up your activities. . . or resolve that they don't get wrapped up tonight.

Torrent (Dexter Johnson)
Basement (Library)

Electrocutioner replied to Torrent in the same hushed tones, “You mean if we get out of here. But yea, there seem to be cliques and a chain of command among the existing prisoners. I got that impression from Gizmo. He thought I was trying to seduce him when I was just looking to get in with him and whatever group he's with. Besides the Hive 5. This Violenza sounds important.”

All the while, she still appeared to be reading, Torrent had to admit that was a pretty neat trick, true multitasking, most people were only pretending to multitask. She went on, “But I'm pretty much striking out by the looks of things. I was hoping you could give me some advice on how to get somewhere with the existing prisoners. Make connections, maybe actually keep them when we get out.”

Torrent scoffed, “I'm afraid I can't help you there. UV's the likeable one, maybe lovey-dovey can give you some pointers. All I've managed to confirm is Billy likes food, no surprise there.”

“We don't have places like this where I'm from. How can I be tough when it's a good way to provoke people? Without my magic I'm just smart. At least Billy gets to be annoying and keep his powers and Mammoth is still strong, but I don't have any of that,” Electrocutioner finished.

“We didn't have places like this where I'm from either,” replied Torrent cracking a smile, “they just fed you to the crocodiles. . . but I assume you're smart enough to win a fight without magic egghead.”

He flipped his book closed, the limited mobility of his fingers briefly obvious as he tried to pry between two flat surfaces. He stood up, not bothering to reshelf it. By his estimation they had half-an-hour left before lock-down. He dropped an obscured hint, “I wonder if there’s a shop, like a metal shop? Prisons usually have somewhere for inmates to learn new skills, right? With the assumption we use them to change our ways, I suppose,” he scoffed again, “Eh, I'm gonna look around a bit more before they lock us in.”

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Yard (Outdoor Gym)

"Well... duh! Of course I remember you silly. We robbed a bank together. Well...tried to anyway..." the boy answered.

Sura just shrugged, not noticing that he looked at a security camera. "Hey, can't assume stuff. Took me a bit to remember your name. I don't do so good on remembering things. I get distracted easily."

She wasn't sure if he acknowledged her comment as he continued to answer her questions.

"I ran into Torrent at lunch. We didn't get to talk much. Then again, he usually doesn't talk much to begin with, so I guess that's not exactly new, heh."

Sura laughed at that, remembering the times when she gave the silent treatment. "Yeah, that's not new. 'specially since he's pretty serious on lots of stuff. He should relax more." She stayed quiet before adding, "On second thought, maybe not."

"Hehe, well, it's definitely gonna be something I do more often now that I'm in jail. It's not like there's that much to do here anyway..."

"Ah... Yeah, agreed. I'd spare but I'm not entirely in the mood."

He put the weights down again before adding, "So... how has your first day in prison been?"

Sura just stared at him for a while; about a minute or two. She wasn't sure how to answer that, at least, a reasonable one. She has answered that question (although not involving prison) and she's had varying reactions. One didn't believe her, one was surprised on how frank she was, several were not sure how to react to how much she said and one just laughed out loud at what she does despite it being true (she wasn't exactly a well known Titan. Her best buddy Fridge and their stealthy scout Chris handled the media and press stuff). But after those two minutes, she just shrugged mentally and thought, Eh, why not? and started counting with her fingers.

"Well, I was tazed and sent into solitary because I got mad and lightly punched a guard's shoulder because he thought I was a guy. Then when dinner was being served, I got lost but then asked to be shown the way there. I ate then went off to look for wherever they might keep my...mom's bracelet..."

She took a breath. Still need to look for it...

A second of silence and then she went on.

"...and...then I got lost again. I ended up in a bunch of places, I think I did at least...I did end up in the kitchen though, before finally arriving here."

She stopped counting and looked back at UV.

"That reminds me, that bang nearly gave me a heart attack." She shook her head and sighed. "I swear, I'm gonna go more nuts at this rate..."

She sighed again, not caring that I have to repeat phrases about going off-topic for a moment.

"On top of that, I don't...have my bracelet... So...my first day was something close to terrible but not as bad as some of the things I've experienced. Not that different really from average life. At least here they don't mind too much when someone's bonkers."

That was the only thing she found so far to be consoling about this place.

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
Shatter
The yard

"Mhm"

"mhm?"

"Mhm"

"Okay, Shatter, you are going to have to elaborate a little more. What do you mean by mhm?" Slight said this and squeezed his hand.

"I am disturbed by this flow of people into the prison. I sense trouble, and we should probably make some friends."

"No kidding, but who?"

The two were sitting in the yard against a wall. the general sparring and loudness was going on, but it was a good place to be. It was harder for someone to eavesdrop.

"I don't know..."
Looking around Shatter noticed quite a few people in the yard. They had been introduced to a couple of people at lunch, and the group seemed an odd bunch. Some of them seemed out of place, and uncomfortable. But that might just be because they had never been to prison before. Shatter layed his head down on Slight's shoulder.

"Do you know who that is?" He asked
"Who?"
"The guy in purple." Shatter clarified
"That's UV, he came in with the bank robbery group."
"What about the girl in Black who is wandering around, I think we have seen her before at the Prison."
"I think it's Resonance, but I might be wrong, she is usually on the outskirts and she doesn't talk too much." Slight respond
Shatter sat up and thought...
"That's interesting, I think we should go and introduce ourselves, what do you think?" Shatter stood up and offed Slight a hand up
"Sure" She took Shatters hand and stood up, soon the couple walked over to Resonance to introduce themselves.

Slight opened the conversation. "Hello, this is Shatter, and I am Slight. Who might you be?"

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=----------------------~*~----------------------=
Alexander Lascelles Troy (Starshade)
The Prison: Mess hall > Yard

Morte didn't give a reply to Alec's statement about UV and his powers, and instead slammed a door in his face as she walked away. she seemed lost in thought somehow, but the door was unnecessary. He's have to scold her on that later. Since he was more or less done with his meal,he decided he would leave. UV had exited the hall too, and they had about an hour before they had to return to their cells. He moved to the outdoor yard where the gym was, and decided he would get some fresh air, since that seemed to be a luxury lately. He didn't see anyone he recognized right away, and enjoyed the silence. People gave him a hard look as he got out, but Alec knew he was safe. Half the people there had already challenged him, and lost, due to underestimating him despite his appearance.

The sun was starting to set, making it even better to be outside. Alec didn't like the sun, as he always got sunburnt by only thinking about being outside. He Didn't use the gym often, as he only used it to scare off potential fights, as new prisoners didn't know about him yet. It was like he always thought before he was put there; Pretty guys have a hard time in prison. he sighed by the thought, and saw UV over at the gym area, together with a few others. It seemed he came in late for the conversation, but UV was talking to one of the inmates that Alec was kinda familiar with, though he didn't remember her name atm. Lillian? Gillian? vivian? Bertha? Meh, it didn't matter. there was also a new face there, probably another prisoner from the bank robbery. A big bang could suddenly be heard. Was that a gunshot..? It seemed the girl demonstrated her powers. How come everyone could do that? Was Alec the only prisoner whose powers had been neutralized? the thought of it angered him, but he decided he would go over to UV and the newcomer anyway.

They seemed to know each other, and was on a friendly basis. It seemed they knew each others before trying to rob that bank as wel, based on their tone. They were having a conversation about something. It was rude to listen in on others, so Alec stayed out of it, and took a stroll around the yard to think things through. He didn't know how long he would be in there, and if Morte was actually serious about whatever her hidden agenda was, he would have to listen in on her details the next time he saw her, and be careful not to get another door slammed in his face. After it seemed the two bank robbers conversation hushed down, Alec walked over to them.

"Hey there. you do know that you basically have a glowing neon sign in your forehead saying 'target', right?" he said, referring to how people always beat up newbies in the yards.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
UV (Sam Anwell)
Yard (Outdoor Gym)

UV sat in silence as he listened to Omega Dragon recount her time in jail. She mentioned looking for her bracelet, for which Max was thankful he was able to make his ring invisible. They probably keep all the stuff they take from prisoners in some super high security place. "Well... It sounds like you had an eventful day." UV replied. "My day was nowhere near as exciting. I did meet some interesting people... Everybody says the people in jail are so scary, but with the exception of that redhead I met in the mess hall, they seem like decent people."

"That reminds me, that bang nearly gave me a heart attack." She shook her head and sighed. "I swear, I'm gonna go more nuts at this rate..."

"It sure was loud wasn't it? I'm surprised their aren't any guards running around investigating. Try not to go too crazy, k? We don't want you winding up in solitary again now would we?" Although he wasn't sure of the exact time, he figured there wasn't a whole lot of time left before they would be forced back into their cells. "Anyway, we should probably start heading back to our cells before the guards come and drag us."

As he got up from the bench, he heard a familiar voice. "Hey there. you do know that you basically have a glowing neon sign in your forehead saying 'target', right?"

UV turned around and waved hello to Alec. "Hey Alec! You know, I've already heard that today, and nothing has happened... Besides, if a fight did break out, I think I can handle myself." He replied making his fist glow violet again. "So I'm not too worried."

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Morte (Lovina Violenza)
Kitchen

Morte closed the door behind her, her face hot and her expression a mask of annoyance. She didn't feel like talking to anyone, not even Starshade, especially not after that newbie who happened to be with him had to go on about love and romance. It was almost the same with most guys - expecting girls to be hopeless romantics fans of that mushy schtick. Who did he think he was? Some love doctor? The redhead didn't see herself as that sort - not anymore at least. She had done it once, and all it brought her was grief in the end. If it wasn't for Francois, she and her little brother would have still been in Italy, and not at the mercy of the police for at least a few more years.

She grunted as she shuffled towards the kitchen counter, where several plates lay waiting to be washed and dried. Unfortunately, kitchen duty, as much as it allowed the teenager to cook, also meant that she had to clean up right after. Rolling up the sleeves of her jumpsuit, she turned on the tap and plugged the sink, allowing it to fill with cold water. As she tied her hair into a high ponytail, a piece of paper under the kitchen's lone window caught her eye. It was as if someone had dropped it from outside. Could it be? She thought, before shooting it down in her mind. Of course it wasn't. After all, there were probably cameras outside, waiting to catch anyone who could possibly be passing in notes. However, clean-up was still part of her job, so she went over to it and picked it up, pocketing the crumpled piece. If she was going to look at it, it would be in the privacy of her own cell, out of the cameras' sight.

Cell

Some time later, Morte was finally back in her cell after finishing the dishes. She lay belly-down on her bed, taking out the paper she had retrieved from the kitchen. Nobody was in the room with her, though she was certain that her roommate was definitely someone she knew, someone who she could trust, unlike the newcomers, most of whom she didn't even recognize. She spread the paper out in front of her, and saw to her surprise, a short line of text scrawled on the sheet. Though it was messy, she noticed some familiar curls characteristic of her brother's handwriting. So damn clever, that boy, she smirked a little as she translated the text in her head. No cameras here. Inamorato had apparently thought ahead and decided to use something relatively unknown about her - that she could understand and speak in Russian. If there were really no cameras outside the kitchen window, then all she had to do was bypass the camera in the kitchen…and she already knew that said camera had a blind spot. The ceiling was about nine feet off the ground, and though she didn't know anyone nine feet tall, she did know one who was particularly tall and broad, and another who was small and light.

Oh, yes...she thought, a plan starting to form in her mind. All she needed to do was approach the right people for the effort - and she knew plenty. Perhaps, if she could find out who the hell was next in line for kitchen duty, it would help her formulate something more concrete…but knowing about outside and the camera's blind spot was a start. She got up and stepped out of her cell, the bitter thoughts of romance pushed to the back of her mind. Right now, she had much more important things to think about - including her freedom and fucking up the system.

Inamorato
Yard

Inamorato hated being cramped up in the staff quarters, even if it was just his first day around. Mainly because he felt so…restricted. He wasn't a prisoner, yet he felt that he was, with all the cameras seemingly watching his very moves. He was supposed to be helping his older sister in her efforts to break out, yet he only managed to slip one note…who knew if she even received it? Now, after dinner, he found himself at the yard, drinking a cup of coffee as he observed the prisoners, not that he made it obvious. All he wanted to do was find out whether the new ones could be trusted with a back-up plan, should Morte fail to receive the message. He saw Starshade passing by, and decided to ignore him. The blond was definitely familiar with Alec, and he wasn't about to be worried over him. In fact, this was one guy that Inamorato was sure he could trust with a back-up plan.

His eyes fell lazily towards the gap in the fence of the outdoor gym, where some of the inmates were working out, and others were…not. Many of the faces were definitely unfamiliar to him, though that didn't mean that they were not untrustworthy. He just had to make sure, of course. Two prisoners were talking to each other, one of them was a girl he recognized, and the other was a guy that he didn't. Felice tried to listen; he was too far to make things out clearly, but he could pick up a few bits, most of them about the runes and the robbery. However, he was close enough to hear what happened next. The girl, Resonance from what he recalled, snapped her fingers a few times, and a loud bang echoed like a gunshot in the air, causing the ersatz guard to step back. Thinking quickly, he decided to act like a guard did, as not to give himself away.

"Hey, one more of that and I'll cage both of your hands, Walker!" he shouted through the fence, not sure if she even heard him. Not that he was entirely serious, he just had to play his role. Resonance then walked out of the gym, and another girl started talking to the same guy, this one unfamiliar as well. Felice turned away from the window and saw Resonance pacing across the yard. A third figure emerged from the front door, this one with a familiar ponytail, and a visor covering her eyes. It was none other than Morte, his big sister. He noticed her approach the two people in the yard, and he grinned to himself before heading back inside. If he recalled correctly, the basement was rather small for such an expansive building, too small in fact. Wine cellars were a lot bigger, and those were already on the smaller side in terms of basement area. Was there a room he had missed?

Morte (Lovina Violenza)
Yard

It was only thirty minutes before Morte had to get back inside once again, and she knew that she had only so much time to obtain the information she needed to execute her plan. Felice passed her by, and she could have sworn that he winked at her. It was his note alright, and she was slightly comforted by the confirmation she received. Resonance and Starshade were the only two in the yard, and she decided that she was going to ask them about their assignments for the next day. Mammoth was at least seven feet tall and very heavy, either of them could ride on his shoulders with ease to disable a camera. It also helped that she knew both of them. She would have had a more difficult time trusting anyone who just arrived. However, a voice interrupted her, an oddly annoying voice to boot. She saw the boy from lunch waving and calling out to the ones she happened to need at this very moment.

"Hey, assholes!" she called as she jogged to where the group was. The night was quickly closing in, and she was glad for the cover of darkness. Stepping closer to the two, she glared at the blond boy and draped her arms around Starshade and Resonance.

"You again, cazzo?! Someone really needs to be confined 24/7…" she growled, her tone clearly pissed. She wasn't going to let him ruin her plans however. Instead, she pulled the two along with her as she led them back to the front door of the facility, dragging them inside, past the cell blocks and towards the far end of the corridor. Nobody seemed to be around. After checking the corridor once again, she dropped her voice. Now, she wasn't at all used to talking softly, but it was the only way to keep herself safe from the powerful surveillance cameras catching her voice, or any of the people who might step in and overhear her. She had to make things clear and swift. For all she knew, the annoying boy was going to follow them in.

"Now tell me…are any of you on kitchen duty tomorrow? Got something about the path outside the kitchen window right here," she murmured, patting her pocket discreetly, before glaring at them through her visor with piercing lilac eyes. "C'mon now, I don't have much damn time, I still have to talk to Mammoth. Now, whomever of you goes to the kitchen tomorrow better not be afraid of heights, damn it…and not be afraid of ruining a camera. This is fucking important. And whoever isn't…we'll need a distraction. The only thing I could think of would be a food fight, so prepare yourselves for a dirty day…any priss would get left behind. I still have to figure out what to do with the electric fence, and get back to my source," she continued whispering, trying not to look around, just to make sure she looked like she was just sharing some gossip.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
UV (Sam Anwell)
Yard (Outdoor Gym) > Inside

Before Alec had a chance to reply, he was yanked away by that same redhead he met in the mess hall. "You again, cazzo?! Someone really needs to be confined 24/7…" Violenza growled as she pulled Alec, and Resonance who was also nearby.

UV rolled his eyes. "That girl needs some serious help..." He said to Omega Dragon in a serious tone while his eyes glowed violet for a moment. "I'm gonna go after em'." He then ran in the direction Violenza had gone in. She had taken both of his new friends, and insulted him again. He obviously wasn't just going to just let them go so easily. Besides, if she held that much importance over the other inmates that she can just drag people off wherever she wants, then they may be meeting up to talk about something important that he would have to know about.

He walked back into the facility, and looked around. "Now, where did they go..." He looked left and right as he walked past the cell blocks and towards the far end of the corridor. He finally caught a glimpse of them in the corridor, and heard Violenza's voice. He ducked behind a wall, trying to avoid being seen. It turned out he was right, they were talking about something. It looked like they were in the middle of some secret conversation with how they were talking so quietly, and in an out of the way area.

"Now, whomever of you goes to the kitchen tomorrow better not be afraid of heights, damn it…and not be afraid of ruining a camera. This is ****ing important. And whoever isn't…we'll need a distraction. The only thing I could think of would be a food fight, so prepare yourselves for a dirty day…any priss would get left behind. I still have to figure out what to do with the electric fence, and get back to my source,"

UV's eyes widened in shock at what he had just heard. While he tried to keep his cool, on the inside, he was excited to be hearing this. Finally, he found what the heroes had infiltrated the prison to look for, or at least a little bit of it. They were planning some sort of escape, and apparently there was going to be a food fight tomorrow. Torrent would want to hear about this. One of them had to get in on this plot somehow. But... who the heck was on kitchen duty anway? Was there a list or something somewhere with who was on what duty? He stood silently behind the wall waiting for more to be said.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=----------------------~*~----------------------=
Alexander Lascelles Troy (Starshade)
The Prison: Yard

"Hey Alec! You know, I've already heard that today, and nothing has happened... Besides, if a fight did break out, I think I can handle myself, so I'm not worried." Uv responded to Alec's entrance, again showing off his powers. Alec was beyong jealous that his cellmate was able to use his power. Though it was pleasent with a cognitive silence of sorts Alec hadn't felt in years, he did miss to be able to sneak around in peoples heads, along with all his other nifty tricks. He raised a hand to answer, when suddenly he was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Hey, assholes!" the familiar voice shouted. It was Morte, who had entered the yard, walking towards them. Alec kinda hoped she was going to apologize for slamming the door in his face, but that was not very likely. When she was over at the others, she laid her arms around both Alec' and Resonance's shoulders, glaring ominously towards UV. The only thing this prison needed was actual classes, and it would actually be High School! "You again, cazzo?! Someone really needs to be confined 24/7…" she growled in her usual not too charming tone towards him. Alec was about to protest, but Morte yanked both him and Resonance, pulling them towards the entrance to the prison again, and away from UV. This was going to be one of her sketchy speeches. One could tell by the way she looked for cameras, and made sure there were no one else around. Oh, goodie, Alec loved hearing about her naive escape plans. If I said that out loud, the consewuences wouldn't be pretty.. Best to just shut up and listen to what she has to say.. He thought. She spoke in a low tone, which Alec didn't even know she was capable of.

"Now tell me…are any of you on kitchen duty tomorrow? Got something about the path outside the kitchen window right here," Morte mumbled and patted her pocket in a discrèt fashion while glaring at them through her weird visors. "C'mon now, I don't have much damn time, I still have to talk to Mammoth. Now, whomever of you goes to the kitchen tomorrow better not be afraid of heights, damn it…and not be afraid of ruining a camera. This is ****ing important. And whoever isn't…we'll need a distraction. The only thing I could think of would be a food fight, so prepare yourselves for a dirty day…any priss would get left behind. I still have to figure out what to do with the electric fence, and get back to my source," she continued. Though Alec wasn't really fond of getting himself involved with her insane plans, he had to admit it sounded exciting. "Well." he started in a similar low tone. "I am pretty limited until I can get this thing off". He did a small yank at his de-powering collar to demonstrate his point. As for kitchen duty, it said that cell block A, which contains UV and I, are having kitchen duty tomorrow."

Tangeh

Resonance (Vivian Walker)
Yard

Vivian hadn't even managed to leave the yard before she was scolded for demonstrating her powers. "Hey, one more of that and I'll cage both of your hands, Walker!" a male voice yelled at her. She glanced over and managed to spot a guard glaring at her through the fence. She glared back. Why was it the guards loved taunting her with her last name? She hadn't even known what her last name was until she'd been sentenced to the prison and they'd found her identity in the police files from when she was a missing three-year-old turned ten-year-old runaway. She'd had to learn quickly to react to her new title, lest she get punished for "not listening". 'Whose voice is that...? I forget his name.'

She continued making her way through the exit. "No harm, no foul," she said, lacing her voice with false sweetness. "Isn't that right, sir?" ...she found the male guards were typically easier on her than the female ones, but it didn't look as if he was serious on following up on his threat anyways. As she left, another prisoner walked in. Vivian didn't recognize her - another newbie? She decided to walk far enough away and then eavesdrop to identify them - perhaps she could pick up some gossip on the new inmates -

She was interrupted by two inmates holding hands. "Hello, this is Shatter, and I am Slight. Who might you be?"

Vivian knew who they were the moment they opened their mouths. "Resonance..." she said with an eye roll. They were probably confused with influx of new inmates, granted Vivian wasn't sure she'd ever held a real conversation with them. "I'm not one of the new kids, you two. We're in the same cell block, Shatter." Ah well, now was as good a time as any for gossip -

"Hey, assholes." Vivian would have recognized that voice even if she didn't have enhanced hearing... Morte draped one arm around Vivian's shoulders and dragged both herself and Starshade ('When did he get here? Guess I wasn't paying attention...') inside of the facility. Vivian followed willingly. She was ready to do just about anything to get out, and if she knew Morte like she thought she did, then...

"Now tell me…are any of you on kitchen duty tomorrow? Got something about the path outside the kitchen window right here." 'Yup, here we go again...'

Starshade mentioned he and UV were on kitchen duty tomorrow. Vivian sighed. "They stuck me on too. They keep tagging me on extra kitchen duties thinking I'll learn something..." The place was hardly much of a cooking school, and not knowing the difference between a jar of relish and a jar of salsa ('I said the green one you useless piece of shit!') really wasn't helping matters. Plastic knives were difficult to cut with, besides...

Vivian's eyes lit up with interest as Morte went on with her plan. "Distractions... well, I can multitask..." She snapped her fingers idly a few times - at a perfectly normal volume - thinking over her point. "I've been practicing imitating the intercom system. Even through the kitchen walls... hmm, or the fire alarm. A food fight, though?" She had a pretty good idea of where most of the inmates typically sat, but that could be thrown off by the newbies. It was hard to convincingly throw a voice from a different room unless she had specifics, but some of the inmates would be easy to aggravate into throwing the first punch.. or plate of spaghetti.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Yard (Outdoor Gym)

"Well... It sounds like you had an eventful day." was what he said while she was telling her tale. "My day was nowhere near as exciting. I did meet some interesting people... Everybody says the people in jail are so scary, but with the exception of that redhead I met in the mess hall, they seem like decent people."

Sura admit they were pretty nice, they were more like high school students really: they can be nice if they wanted and be really mean when they want to. Probably explains why she doesn't feel out of place in here.

"It sure was loud wasn't it? I'm surprised their aren't any guards running around investigating." UV said in response to her comment of the bang.

"Hey, one more of that and I'll cage both of your hands, Walker!"

She looked to the source of the voice and saw it was a guard looking out a window.

Sura wanted to say, "Well there's your answer." but she changed her mind. This isn't the time for commentary.

"Try not to go too crazy, k? We don't want you winding up in solitary again now would we?"

Sura shuddered, mostly fron the memory of being tazed rather than just the solitary confinement. "Yeah. It'll be a vicious cycle of becoming more nuts from being confined and so be confined longer..."

"Anyway, we should probably start heading back to our cells before the guards come and drag us."

She was going to respond to that, at least until someone walked in and shouted, "Hey there. You do know that you basically have a glowing neon sign in your forehead saying 'target', right?"

Sura furrowed her brow. What, in the name of Megs, is that supposed to mean? It didn't strike her that he was speaking firguratively until UV (who waved hello in her peripheral) said, "Hey Alec! You know, I've already heard that today, and nothing has happened... Besides, if a fight did break out, I think I can handle myself." He replied making his fist glow violet again. "So I'm not too worried."

Sura huffed at the guy with a smile on her face. "Yeah. Just because we got caught doesn't mean you can underestimate us." For fun, she breathed out a little ember that quickly dissapated as soon as it appeared. "Can't judged a book by its cover."

It was obvious that the scarred (literally, as this "Alec" had three visible scars) man couldn't react to what she said as another person came into the mix. A redhead, and she put her arms around Alec and a dragged in girl (that Sura remembered as the one UV talked to earlier).

"You again, cazzo?! Someone really needs to be confined 24/7..." she said, growling at UV in particular.

Instinctively, Sura growled as well, although a lot more quietly. She gripped the back of bench and sent glare of her own. She wasn't exactly close friends with UV, but she didn't like the girl, that's for sure. It was that redhead girl who barged out of the Mess Hall. Apparently UV had made her pretty mad in there to the point that she hated him.

"That girl needs some serious help..."

From UV's tone, she thought she hit it right in the head.

The redhead dragged the two that were in here grasp rather quickly and abruptly. Huh, that was quick. She still gripped the bench's back and kept up the scowl, but she was glad the "bulldog" left. She was going to go back to talking with UV but then he stood up and said, "I'm gonna go after 'em."

Now it was her turn to just stand there, mouth agape, as UV went off after the three stooges villains.

She gave an exaperated after they were out of here sight. "This is starting to look like a not so good idea..." She gave a quick cursory glance at the yard. The guard was there and there wasn't anybody she knew around, no even anyone of interest around.

"I...guess I'll just try to find out where my cell is..."

Sighing once more before standing up, she took one more look at the guard, thinking for a second of asking but changed her mind, before leaving the yard and heading inside. Guess I'm gonna have to get lost again.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Electrocutioner
Basement Library > Yard

That was actually useful information, even though we HAD to talk cryptically. The Lantern might help me out if I can find him, and the prison had a metal shop. I drooled a little on the inside, until I remembered my metalbending didn't work. Maybe I could do something about that? What if I put a piece of metal in my pocket and exerted my magic on it outside this dimension? I could then pull it out after it was reconfigured. Or that was the theory anyway. Either way metal shop would be fun.

"But I'm not agile though, just smart. I really can't exert my creativity without materials and tools." I needed tools since in here I couldn't just wave my hand to do it. "I think I'll check out the metal shop tomorrow and find UV today if there's still time. I'll ask the guards where he could be. Thanks for the advice." I nodded and put the book where I found it, getting up.

It was kind of easy to ask the guards where the lovey-dovey one was, and I was learning the layout of the place by getting around. Hopefully we wouldn't have to stay here long though, and I still had no idea where my cell was or who my cellmate was. All in time I guess. I shuffled over to where the guard said he was and found he was with a group. Shuffling over some more, I caught a bit of their conversation. The tail end. Sounded like an escape plan was being hatched. Well, good a time as any. I shuffled over to the Lantern, feeling a bit crowded.

Feeling completely at ease with the gay guy who I knew wouldn't think I was trying to flirt, I spoke mostly to him. "Hiya all. I was hoping I could drag UV away for a couple minutes? We need to plan our revenge on the Titans sometime soon." I hoped he would get the hint I was looking to talk in private. Or I'd just embarrassed myself in front of the others who I had no idea who they were. One of the two. Logic dictated to play it cool, so I did. Just looking around at them and making mental notes.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
UV (Sam Anwell)
Hallway

"Well." Alec continued the same hushed tone Violenza was using. "I am pretty limited until I can get this thing off". He pointed to the collar he was wearing. "As for kitchen duty, it said that cell block A, which contains UV and I, are having kitchen duty tomorrow."

I'm on kitchen duty? Well... That's convenient... UV thought. Now at least he'd be close enough to intervene intervene in whatever they were planning. Although, that still didn't answer the question of how they knew who was on duty. He was going to have to ask later where this list was. UV continued listening, and heard that Resonance was also on kitchen duty, and something about providing a distraction. Alright, I'm gonna have to keep her quiet somehow...

Everything was going smoothly until Electrocutioner walked in on the conversation, and mentioned that he was there. UV cringed. If they hadn't already figured out someone was listening in, they definitely knew know. Although he would have preferred to get out of this without them knowing he was listening, it didn't matter too much though, he already heard what he needed to hear. "Oh, hi. That's alright. We were just about done here anyway." He said, trying to act coolly. He then turned around, and gestured for Electrocutioner to follow. He figured Violenza was going to be mad that their secret conversation had been listened to, but UV wasn't worried. What could she do about it besides yell and scream? This girl seemed to do that a lot, it was a surprise she hadn't attracted a red lantern ring.

He walked past a row of cell blocks, and into a quiet corridor, and breathed a sigh of relief. "That was close!" UV exclaimed, wiping sweat off his brow. "Hopefully, they won't be too upset with us for overhearing their conversation. You heard what they said right? It looks like we're in for a busy day tomorrow." He said the last sentence with a wink. "There isn't a lot of time before we're locked up again. What did you need to talk about?"

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Torrent (Dexter Johnson)
Basement > Stairs

Continuing his tour of the basement, Torrent exited the library, noting that the Nurse's Office was directly in front of him. To his left was some sort of hall, he wandered in. It was a short dimly lit hall, lined on the left with reinforced steel doors, solitary. He could hear pounding coming from one of the solitary cells, somebody was obviously pissed about being down here.

Torrent turned back, lingering around the solitary cells was probably not a normal activity. The library was now on his left, and a set of double doors labeled 'Laundry' on his right. From here he could see a blind spot in the security system. The backside of the ruin next to the stairs was in a blind corner. The delinquents here had probably already scouted all these blind spots out.

The peeked into the laundry room, there were several economy sized washers and dryers, along with bins of towels, bedsheets, and uniforms, each labeled with the appropriate contents and clean or dirty. There were a few prisoners working in there, and a tattooed guy pushing a bin looked up at him with an ominous glare. Torrent backed out, “I'll go.”

The loud speaker system crackled to life. The voice was a different guard from before, a inappropriately cheery female voice, “It's 8 pm, all prisoners please proceed to your cells. Again, it's 8 pm, all prisoners are required to return to their cells. Refusal to comply will be dealt with swiftly and harshly. Good evening.”

Hmm. . . Hopefully he could figure out which cell was his. It was on the first floor, on the yard side, but what was the number? Had they even told him? He shrugged and headed upstairs, they'd probably go easy in him if he was at least close to his cell.

Last edited: