• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Favorite Turtle

• Leonardo

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Michelangelo

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Donatello

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Raphael

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Donnie is my favorite turtle. Snakeweed is my favorite villain

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So... this thread is not a discussion thread on the franchise as a whole?

I haven't been keeping up with the new series ever since that one cliffhanger from episode... twelve or thirteen. I really-really-really liked Donatello, though and not because of Rob Paulsen, because he's such a dork X3.

Otherwise, I really like Michelangelo and Raphael when it came to the 2003 cartoon and the first movie. Leonardo has a great personality as well, but I don't really click with him, except kinda when it came to the 2007 CGI movie. I tried out the cartoon from the 80s, but the sixth episode weirded me out so much I decided to take a break, and I didn't get back into it xD.

XSilverStarboyX

So... this thread is not a discussion thread on the franchise as a whole?

I haven't been keeping up with the new series ever since that one cliffhanger from episode... twelve or thirteen. I really-really-really liked Donatello, though and not because of Rob Paulsen, because he's such a dork X3.

Otherwise, I really like Michelangelo and Raphael when it came to the 2003 cartoon and the first movie. Leonardo has a great personality as well, but I don't really click with him, except kinda when it came to the 2007 CGI movie. I tried out the cartoon from the 80s, but the sixth episode weirded me out so much I decided to take a break, and I didn't get back into it xD.
Yes this is about the series as a whole. I think the 2012 series is the best one. Hard to say which I like better from the 2003 or the 1987 one though. I like them for different reasons. I actually prefer the art style of the 87 one. The way its colored makes it look more natural. The 2003 one looks even more like a cartoon;152;

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I actually prefer the art style of the 87 one. The way its colored makes it look more natural. The 2003 one looks even more like a cartoon;152;

I guess I'm a bit of the opposite xD. The '87 cartoons looks more like a cartoon, though while the 2003 version does look like a cartoon as well, the atmosphere it developed made it pretty gritty for a kids' cartoon. Which, given 4KIDS' reputation, is truly an amazing feat. It also looked to have been a shout-out to various martial arts movies based on some of the cinematography used in the show. That's why I feel it's really close to the source material, even though the comic is always going to be the darkest.

I really do like the direction of the 2012 cartoon, though. Even though it's got that animésque feel to it, it's not as bad as it was in Teen Titans, the creator's other popular project. The animators managed to make everything work.

Also, as for theme song, I still prefer the 2003 cartoon's theme song, even though I like the touch of the hip hop for the 2012 theme given the setting. Which is rare for me to say, I can't stand hip hop or rap.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
As a child my fave was Michelangelo, but in this new series my fave has been Donatello. I love his crush on teenage April, his interactions with Raphael and Michelangelo always makes me smile and he's just really fun in the new 2012 series. I can't wait for new episodes to star again.

XSilverStarboyX

As a child my fave was Michelangelo, but in this new series my fave has been Donatello. I love his crush on teenage April, his interactions with Raphael and Michelangelo always makes me smile and he's just really fun in the new 2012 series. I can't wait for new episodes to star again.
Me to. I feel like the turtles got more developed in the 2003 series and the 2012 one. Even though I do still like the 1987 one. Raphael I feel got way better in the newer ones than in the 87 one. But thats understandable since I know they were trying to make it more kid friendly than the comics;152;

Estellise

peachy
There was a thread for TMNT and I didn't know about it? :0
Anyway, my favourite is a tie between Michelangelo (my childhood fave *^*) and Donatello. They're both so adorable in the new incarnation. <3 Oh, and I really like April in the new series. Not sure why though, as I normally find her annoying...

SmartD

I watched the live action version of the show when I was younger. I'm currently watching the cartoon from the 80's, and at some point, I'll watch the one with 4kids voice actors and the new cartoon from Nickelodeon.

Does anyone remember the Power Rangers In Space episode where they meet the Ninja Turtles? I remember most of it.

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan
My favourite from 2003 series is Leo. He's definitely the main character in the series (or at least he's the most focused character), so he has many awesome moments and arcs (such as in 4th season where he blamed himself for letting Splinter and other turtles down in season 3), and I think all of them were done very well. I also love his personality, and I like it how he has his flaws despite all his good sides.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012)

Hey, everyone!

I made this thread for people who have been keeping up with the new TMNT show on Nickelodeon to talk about the show. I have to say that before the show premiered, I was really skeptical about this. As we all know, Nickelodeon shows don't have the best reputation nowadays with a few exceptions of course. However, once I saw the first episode, I was hooked. There is something really special about the characterizations of these characters. What they are doing with Don and Leo is great in my opinion. Adding new touches like making Leo a Trekkie or having Don crush on April really add more dimensions to their characters. Having April be a teenager was also a decision I question but so far it has REALLY worked. I like it that she is training to become a Ninja with Splinter and like how they tied April into the plot more with her dad being kidnapped by the Kraang as well as the Kraang wanting to use her for their mission.

My prior experience with this franchise has mostly been through the 2003 series. I am not going to say I enjoy this series more than that one because they are both so different in a lot of ways. TMNT 2003 definitely had a darker tone to it, and I really enjoyed it for what it is. I still say that TMNT 2003 had a more enjoyable first season thus far than TMNT 2012 because I felt more happened but this show is having a very strong first season as well. It is without question one of the best animated shows on air right now in my opinion and I can't wait to see where they go from here. There is a new episode coming up next Saturday, the 27th with the one hour season finale coming up on August 17th. Then in September Season 2 will start.

Moved your thread into existing one (Ron)

Last edited by a moderator:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So just watched the first two episodes and I gotta say I'm loving it so far. Doesn't hurt that Beast Boy, Kevin, Katara, and Iron Fist are in it <3!!!

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
The season One finale looks epic, Splinter Vs. Shredder, and it seems Splinter has the upper hand, which might push the Shredder to alliances with certain alien invaders.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Okay the them song for this show is freaking epic lol!!

That finale was incredible. You know, I was originally not sure if the 2012 series would have those huge eventful episodes that could rival the best of 2003 TMNT but if this one didn't top or equal it, it certainly came close. IGN gave this episode a 7.2 out of 10, which I think is one of the lowest rated TMNT episodes on that site and I just can't understand that. I get the author of that review had some problems with the episode but even with its flaws, I still think it was one of, if not the best episode of Season 1 and I know we'll have great things coming in Season 2!

The best parts of the episode were definitely the bits with Splinter battling The Foot while Dogpound is narrating the history between Shredder and Splinter, Splinter's battle with Dogpound and Fishface and finally everything about the battle between Shredder and Splinter and that resolution. I really respect the fact that Shredder comes off as such a threat in this series. I was initially unsure about him because he didn't seem nearly as menacing as the 2003 one but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that we didn't see 2012 Shredder battle all that much compared to the 2003 Shredder, who murdered a man in Episode 1 of 2003! The Karai reveal did have a lot of emotional weight to it. You really feel for Splinter at that moment and Shredder's menacing laugh as Splinter learned that Karai was his daughter who would never trust him again was definitely a great moment of villainy for 2012 Shredder.

I do share some complaints the IGN reviewer has. Even when I saw the episode for the first time, I didn't get why Splinter wasn't helping out. I was hoping to get some kind of explanation of it and while I understand fans do have their own theories, I didn't like how the writers never really gave us Splinter's reasons for staying behind. I was siding with April that whole time with her taking a stand against Splinter. Splinter is a Ninja Master and the most skilled fighters on the Turtles' side and why he wouldn't help out in an alien invasion where the whole world could be in danger didn't make sense to me. I like this version of Splinter but something about that moment rubbed me the wrong way.

I like all the appearances we got of Metalhead, Traag, etc. I feel like adding in all those characters could have led to a finale with way too much going on and they would have to rush it to fit all these things in but the pacing was really good and it never felt like too much was going on. The stuff with the Turtles trying to stop the alien invasion was great, too and I did really find Kraang Prime to be a menacing villain whereas before this I hadn't found the Kraang to be all that menacing.

All in all, this was definitely a great finale and probably my favorite episode of Season 1!

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
My God, 2003 TMNT was arguably the best series in the Ninja Turtle franchise. 1987 series would come to a close second for me. The turtles back then didn't really have good character orchestration, but it was funny.

Favorite turtle? Raphael. Other than that, I also like Casey Jones and Leatherhead.