• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teenage Pregnancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melloyu

Yeah the best choice of all, even it will get her mom angry

I think the mom will be angrier at her boyfriend, because he is 16 and he must know it better.... a child of 13 years old couldn't imagine this kind of horror, a young adult of 16 years old... has to know that this things happends really easily =/

Validus

If you know anyone who's pregnant in middle school, i would strongly suggest adoption.

Melloyu

If you know anyone who's pregnant in middle school, i would strongly suggest adoption.

I agree with that, because teenagers don't have any experience for raising children, plus that they are children themselfs!
the baby would be better off with some parents who know how to raise a kid.

Dattebayo

Banned
Teen pregnancy is the reason why I dislike Teen Comedy movies. They get laid while they're still in high school without noticing the consequences of teen pregnancy. It's sad that no matter how much teachers tell them about this, they still have sex.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Teen pregnancy is not always caused by sex without protection; it could also be caused by sexual assault.

But in the former case, kids really need to be more responsible, since having a kid can hinder your academic growth.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
This is what the world is coming too, why people can't wait until they find someone they actually love instead of lusting after people is beyond me, I can't feel sorry for her, she must've known what she was doing and what the complications were.

It's plain stupidity, and shes keeping it which makes it even more stupid, that poor baby is either going to be brought up badly or in a home, sad really.

When i was at school girls diddn't get or try to get pregnant, whats going on these days? lol

Melloyu

This is what the world is coming too, why people can't wait until they find someone they actually love instead of lusting after people is beyond me, I can't feel sorry for her, she must've known what she was doing and what the complications were.

It's plain stupidity, and shes keeping it which makes it even more stupid, that poor baby is either going to be brought up badly or in a home, sad really.

When i was at school girls diddn't get or try to get pregnant, whats going on these days? lol

well, sex is just having big influence these days on the regular lives of students, so the "sex-thurst" is just getting bigger, and that results in sex which results in teenager getting pregnant =/

ChedWick

The values of sex have changed as they have over centuries and they will continue to change. Having one love to share sex with is no longer a common moral.

At this age most people really don't know and understand the details of sex and pregnancy. Its really not all that hard to not get pregnant. It astounds me that people still somehow let it happen.

If things are still the way they were when I was in middle school the sex ed system is horribly uninformative and sugar coated. They try and press the morals from decades ago when you waited till you got married instead of the cold hard facts. I feel the truths of sex is not an area in which one should be sheltered and unless things have changed over the past couple of years that exactly what sex ed is. Sheltered education.

Don't assume all teen pregnancy result in a horrible life for the baby. My girlfriend who's mom was pregnant with her when she was 16 had a pretty damn good life. I'm quite jealous actually. Shes 19 now and a great person. The only part of her life that's really a sad story is her alcoholic biological father (whom her mom never stayed with thank god.) I know a few other people who were in similar situation and they didn't live all that bad of a life and really turned out like good people.

Now I don't think alot of these teen pregnancy cases have the girls trying to get pregnant, though there are some crazy groups of girls out there who want this upon themselves (why I will never know) but I must assume that is not the case with the majority. The majority are just young stupid teens who are ill informed and get screwed figuratively and literally.

Sex is not a bad thing if done safely but a lot of the teens I know don't really know what safe is. I talk to my sister and her friends and hear stories and their insight so I do have a little bit of experience in the matter, not a whole lot to make me anywhere near an expert but I can convey what I've figured for this region at least and assume its not much different else where.

Last edited:
And I would strongly suggest abortion, however, it is a person's choice as to what they should or shouldn't do.

As for the topic...I honestly have to quote a character off Desperate Housewives. Not the most philosophical show, but the quote has merit:

"No one cares about virginity in this country anymore. It's a trend that died out in the 50's, and it's not coming back."

Times have changed too much. The best way to go is to teach in depth sex ed courses, where STDs, birth control, and pregnancy become very indepth. Saying, "Don't have sex lol" does not help ANYTHING.

-glares at Sarah Palin and her daughter-

I think by now that suggestion fails, we've come to expect that it's not possible for the typical teenager to do that. Like I said before, safe sex and birth control should be priorities, and abortion should always be a possibility. However, I don't want to start a debate.

dd2014

Gardevior= Hottie!!!
I think the mom will be angrier at her boyfriend, because he is 16 and he must know it better.... a child of 13 years old couldn't imagine this kind of horror, a young adult of 16 years old... has to know that this things happends really easily =/

This seems like the most probable. Poor girl!

??????

That guy.
I think by now that suggestion fails, we've come to expect that it's not possible for the typical teenager to do that. Like I said before, safe sex and birth control should be priorities, and abortion should always be a possibility. However, I don't want to start a debate.
We wouldn't be having it if they could really.

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater

What puzzles me is how easily TEENS get pregnant, but ADULTS sometimes spend months, years maybe to do so....

Teenage best window of opportunity?

Grei

not the color
What puzzles me is how easily TEENS get pregnant, but ADULTS sometimes spend months, years maybe to do so....

Teenage best window of opportunity?

Maybe teenagers just sleep around a lot.

It could be the increased sex drive during puberty releases more sperm or something...who knows?

Right now, my teenaged brother has a daughter that's learning to walk.

What I don't understand is all the pressure to have sex. I mean, I have fairly low self-confidence, and I don't really have many morals, and yet I refuse to have sex. I don't see what's so hard about refusing.
I'd actually like to hear someone else's side of the story, to help me understand why teenage sex is so common...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.