1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Teenagers; How do you or Did you deal with Teen Years?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by DanChimchar, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fused

Fused Shun the nonbeliever

I remind myself that I could be dead, or much worse off.

but seriously, I luckily surrounded myself with really funny and supportive and out-of-this-world people, both friends and family, so that's usually how I deal. Plus, it helps to know I'm not alone.

Besides, middle school is usually the worst. It's people who think they're mature but are actually the opposite. By high school, people start to find out who they actually are and they start to discover their sense of amturity and are able to build on it. Just get through middle school, and the rest should be fine.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  2. GaZsTiC

GaZsTiC Alternating

High school is probably the most dramatic thing on the planet. Bullying is the first problem but that really doesn't last long. I never got bullied and nowadays I don't know of anyone my age that does.

After you get over bullying, that's when the real trouble starts. You walk home one day with your friends and one of them pulls a cigarette packet out their pocket and sparks one up. At this stage your thinking "What the ****? Since when?!" Then your parents find out, and do the usual lecture - do this, don't do that kinda thing. And about a year later everyone is smoking, and I mean everyone. And they are drinking and partying and its actually a good laugh. Happy times.

Illegal substances are the next thing, and you know what? The media completely overrate how much is actually being done. And its funny because my parents were like "Be careful. You don't wanna get addicted to **** and become a junkie school drop out" and you know what they expect you to try it at least once. Because they probably did at high school as well. But its never that big a thing...until somebody dies...My highschool had to get over the loss of a student to heroin. It was someone I knew as well. Never really spoke to them but I had known them for a while.

And then, depression and emo-type "I'm gonna kill myself mum!" things start. Mainly this is because of the stress of exams... which I will be doing Christmas until May....:(

But believe you and me, teenage life however stressful and filled with some really ****y moments can be a lot of fun! Just stick with mates or whatever and don't let it get yoy down. I've loved my teenage years.

3. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

I killed others to gain their power.

It works you know. Just make sure they're dead.

4. pokefantravis

pokefantravis The Poke-Pimp

Me, I just deal with whatever life throws at me and move on.

5. Peter Quill

Peter Quill star-lord

It could just be me, but my teenage years (so far) haven't been very stressful.

Other then the occasional school drama, nothing seems to be popping out. I'm more bored if anything :/

6. M4zz

M4zz Banned

Nice. I got that one quickly(Literally......JK)

Naw, being a teen, as I am one now, is quite rewarding, with all the new privelages, responsibilities and experiences. I am enjoying my second year as a teen and wish it will not go away(even though this is not possible). Im in my last year of middle school, and so far, I cant wait for High. In my opinion, the teen years are the best.

7. treespyro

treespyro Vintage much?

Being a teenager and all that angst is overrated really.

8. CSolarstorm

CSolarstorm New spicy version

Eh, I don't know how I would have survived teen years without the repeated surgeries and the weird developmental problems. Probably a lot better, considering I've got a great supporting family.

I mean, they were there, but I never really took anything away from my "teen years", I just sort of watched them.

Even in 21 and in college...I've still got a lot of growing up to do.

9. Staryu

Staryu I know, I know..

Meh, just be who you are and the others can take it or leave it.

10. Take it easy, don't let anyone pressure you to do something, don't give a damn about what others think of you, be tolerant with everyone, put your studies over socializing but without withdrawing yourself from others.
    It pretty much resumes in keeping your cool and taking it calmly
    At least that's how im taking it and so far I haven't had any problems.

11. Evilyn

Evilyn _

Suck it up and deal with it.

If you can't do that then just sit there silently during school and try to make friends outside of school.

These two together are basically what I do.

12. I love teenage years!
    Middle school was a drag and I made a LOT of mistakes, but yay for high school which is awesome! Especially senior year! <333

13. Krake

Krake Flabebe's Kids

Compared to middle school, high school isn't that bad. Just be yourself, make your own decisions, and live your life.

14. denizenofevil

denizenofevil Well-Known Member

If you think everything's a big deal, it will be. This is coming from a 19 year old college student. Really, high school isn't that bad. Middle school is horrible but once you get to high school, it only sucks if you make it suck. Keep a positive attitude and don't worry too much about relationships. Stay away from the druggie crowd and don't be like the emos. A lot of the time, emos make their own lives hard. Stay away from drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes. They can really screw you up.

15. Pseudo-Unlegendary

Pseudo-Unlegendary I be an Exotic One

To me, being a teen really sucks. Why just yesterday my stupid project gave me a panic attack. Everything is pressuring you and everything seems more important than it actually is but I have found that keeping your composure and clinging to something that you really enjoy is the key to surviving your teens. Wow, posting this has just made me feel a lot better about my self. :)

16. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

Teenager years aren't AS bad as everyone makes it seem to be.

MOST -..MOST, people have grown up once they reach high school.

Family/home problems is a different story for everyone (but chances are you've deal with it most of your life anyways.)
    But being in the public (school) as a teen. My years weren't too bad. Friends come and go. There's the stupid people, but deal with them. They're everywhere in life.

When stress and problems add up ..it might get really hard to go on. But those problems won't be with you forever, so no sweat. Well, try not to. :X

Don't let anyone make your decisions or make you feel bad about what you do and who you are. :3

17. ??????

?????? That guy.

I look at life logically and realize that many people have it worse than a snobbish, stockpiled, 1st world brat who isn't satisfied my anything.

18. I went with the flow.

19. Hakajin

Hakajin Obsessive Shipper

You'll get to know people in your new class better with time. Don't try to force it, but be open to new friendships, too. You can also spend time with your old friends outside of school. Make plans for the weekends and communicate online.

I really don't think you're in that bad of a situation. You don't really dislike your new class, and your old friends are still around. And it's not a permanent situation, either. It may not be exactly what you wanted, but you can deal with it.

I was always so awkward in high school. I ended up hanging out with kids who also had no one else to hang out with, but they weren't really on my level intelligence-wise. I don't mean to sound stuck up, but... they weren't the kind of people I could have a really compelling conversation with. Plus they didn't share my interests too much. Well, I only ever saw them at school.

Right now I'm in a bit of a difficult situation. I made some really good friends at college, and I was so happy there, but then I had a terrible existential crisis and had to come home. Then I had some trouble with the re-admissions office, and then we had some financial problems... I'm trying to get back for next semester, but my best friend, whom I'm really close to, is graduating a semester early. She's going to medical school in another state, and she lives in another state, anyway. That's upsetting, because I just know that being back there is going to remind me of her all the time. And I don't really have any friends in my home town. Well, I have made one, but I'm not as close to her as I am to my best friend.

20. Kreis

Kreis Still Dirrty

I just dealt with it and didn't whine about it. As countless people have said, surround yourself with supportive people. Personally, I found middle school horrendous. Teens are hitting puberty and the testosterone level of males were off the roof. Once I got into High School everything just started getting better, but it definitely gets better when you're out of High School and on to college.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.