• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Teenager's Threat video with Naruto Quote Leads to Arrest

Marik Ishtar's Raykazuka

Sky Dragon Blast!
Don't get joke do you?

Was it him or you joking because you sounded dead serious and I didn't take the link so I thought he was talking about your picture with the dude and the Raichu.

Big bang theology

Yur notsoaverage az
Whoa, who is THAT hottie in the last pic? Please, any information on him?

Ro-frickin-fl

As for the thread...that guys a frickin tard. He took his anime geekness way to far on this one. Im glad that I never considered myself a narutard at times like these >.<

Hell I cant even call my self an anything tard since everyone will just end up flaming the others community anyways >.<.

Red Ryu

Then tell us, how is it better than most standards?

Because the only thing I see that makes it that way is just the first arc, and a little bit of the sound 5, but nothing else. Unless there's more to us than what meets the eye.

Because honestly, you're just saying "wrong" as if you know what it is you're talking about, without as even stating reasons as to why it is as you say it is.

Well, the story itself has good moments, more so the Sound 5, Zabuza, and Azuma ones.

The characters themselves are great, yes they are easily see able cliche's, alomst every damn one of them. If a Cliche is done right it can be likable/good; Shikamaru, Temari, Sakura.

Others have been developed/made poorly; Naruto, Tenten, Garra.

The animation isn't the best compared to other series, but it still good.

Yes, the fanboys are idiots, but this is the same for any series. Fanboys should be treated the same regardless if the series is good or not.

HK

Radiance of Shadows

dude theyre cool dont diss them

The animation isn't the best compared to other series, but it still good.

The animation ranges from amazing for an anime series to downright ****. And majority of the time it's drawn out and and passable. While also being ****.

Also, lol @ "facts about how Naruto isn't good." I don't like the series either, guys, and some opinions hold more weight than others, but passing them off as facts is childish and retarded.

Red Ryu

The animation ranges from amazing for an anime series to downright ****. And majority of the time it's drawn out and and passable. While also being ****.

I wish they didn't rotate out animation directors and just used the one who does the Digimon movie like animation. Despite having some problems with proportions it looks really good with the high frame rate.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I wish they didn't rotate out animation directors and just used the one who does the Digimon movie like animation. Despite having some problems with proportions it looks really good with the high frame rate.

Except they don't have the budget and the animators have their own lives and other jobs to go to.

Besides, shounen anime like Naruto are only given adaption to bring in the money, not for their own valid form of storytelling or whatever. (Mamoru Hosoda breaks this rule with his Digimon and One Piece films, but he's always an exception.)

Anzua2

Also, lol @ "facts about how Naruto isn't good." I don't like the series either, guys, and some opinions hold more weight than others, but passing them off as facts is childish and retarded.

Meh, I don't care if he finds it enjoyable or "good", it's just that Naruto is a standard, mediocre Shonen series. Arguing to the contrary is simply fanboyism (on either side, good or bad).

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Meh, I don't care if he finds it enjoyable or "good", it's just that Naruto is a standard, mediocre Shonen series. Arguing to the contrary is simply fanboyism (on either side, good or bad).

And the opposite of a fanboy/fangirl is...?

I just don't understand the point/joy/thrill/whatever that you guys derive from constantly deriding a series and its fans.

It's like saying, "Well you like such-and-such and there is absolutely no way you can like that without being biased because in my opinion that's actually a fact it's actually very bad and I'm not being biased at all unlike you."

Well-formed arguments are more interesting that immature attacks lacking any biting humor.

Red Ryu

Except they don't have the budget and the animators have their own lives and other jobs to go to.

Besides, shounen anime like Naruto are only given adaption to bring in the money, not for their own valid form of storytelling or whatever. (Mamoru Hosoda breaks this rule with his Digimon and One Piece films, but he's always an exception.)

Well in that case, there is a good reason for them not to use them to animate all of the time.

Shame, some of the Naruto animators are really crappy.

Anzua2

I just don't understand the point/joy/thrill/whatever that you guys derive from constantly deriding a series and its fans.

It's like saying, "Well you like such-and-such and there is absolutely no way you can like that without being biased because in my opinion that's actually a fact it's actually very bad and I'm not being biased at all unlike you."

Well-formed arguments are more interesting that immature attacks lacking any biting humor.

Not what I'm getting at.

To say it's really good OR really bad is fanboyism when it comes to Naruto. Personally, I'm okay with people liking a series no matter what the quality, but exagerating its quality in comparison to industry, demographic, and/or genre standards is a big no-no in my book.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
To say it's really good OR really bad is fanboyism when it comes to Naruto. Personally, I'm okay with people liking a series no matter what the quality, but exagerating its quality in comparison to industry, demographic, and/or genre standards is a big no-no in my book.

And I don't see what's inherently wrong with pure fanboyism.

I mean, I geek out over anything that yoshitoshi ABe, Mamoru Hosoda, and Satoshi Kon get involved in -- does that make my opinion invalid, then? Oh is it somehow acceptable because the creators are known for putting artistic attentions ahead of pandering?

It's really silly when you get right down to it.

Anzua2

I don't care about your opinion, I only care when people take their bias and use it to judge the actual quality of something. It doesn't matter if you love it more than any series, you can still admit it's standard fare.

Red Ryu

And I don't see what's inherently wrong with pure fanboyism.

I mean, I geek out over anything that yoshitoshi ABe, Mamoru Hosoda, and Satoshi Kon get involved in -- does that make my opinion invalid, then? Oh is it somehow acceptable because the creators are known for putting artistic attentions ahead of pandering?

It's really silly when you get right down to it.

I thinks most people don't like pure fanboyism due to the fact it causes most people to act/think irrationally. Most fanboys will like something calling it the best thing ever without thinking about the actual content.

Your one of the exceptions being able to look at it rationally while showing your love of a series.

I don't care about your opinion, I only care when people take their bias and use it to judge the actual quality of something. It doesn't matter if you love it more than any series, you can still admit it's standard fare.

If someone says they're completely unbaised, their lying.

HK

Radiance of Shadows

Except you're trying to quantify and place standards on something that's nigh-completely subjective.

I could scream until blood starts coming up my throat and type until fingers are broken, but I can't objectively prove that stock harem/moe/shounen/shoujo/whatever is pure tripe.

I'm all for good arguments, but petty squabbles lacking any humor with t(w)eens on the Internet about some uber-popular Japanese cartoon does not strike me as substantive.

Anzua2

Except you're trying to quantify and place standards on something that's nigh-completely subjective.

I could scream until blood starts coming up my throat and type until fingers are broken, but I can't objectively prove that stock harem/moe/shounen/shoujo/whatever is pure tripe.

I'm all for good arguments, but petty squabbles lacking any humor with t(w)eens on the Internet about some uber-popular Japanese cartoon does not strike me as substantive.

Nor do I. I usually just state the fact that it's a standard show and doesn't deserve that much praise before leaving.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper

Oh, that's easy, people like to think they sound witty when they criticize Naruto. It's popular among people who probably aren't familiar with many other anime, and it may not be the best anime ever. People who are more into anime feel like they're special because they know more and aren't just following a trend, and they like to show off their "elite" status. You see this kind of thing in all kinds of fandoms. Serious fans always want to show off that they're more into whatever it is they like than fans with just a casual interest. And, of course, the Narutards can be annoying, so they're easy targets to begin with. Still, the bashing has been overdone.

Anyway... I feel kinda sorry for that kid. I mean, he was sick of being made fun of, I take it, and he wanted people to take him seriously. And now even his death threat is a joke. Not saying that people should take it seriously, I mean, that's definitely not the right way to get attention. It's just kind of pathetic.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
People who are more into anime feel like they're special because they know more and aren't just following a trend, and they like to show off their "elite" status.

Which is a complete natural thing to do because it is human nature and it is practiced within every field of literature/media.

Still, the bashing has been overdone.

I never had the intentions to bash Narutoor its fans. In fact, I am PERFECTLY satisfied and I even respect the ones who says that "Naruto is a good anime for a mainstream shonen anime", because that argument is probably justified and true. However, being a fan of an anime does not allow you to disconcern known faults about the show itself, a fan arguing about Naruto NOT being repetitive just because he enjoyed it?

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
You see this kind of thing in all kinds of fandoms. Serious fans always want to show off that they're more into whatever it is they like than fans with just a casual interest.

It has always seem counter-productive to me. Like how I really want to others to check out these awesome, underappreciated works that are just yearning for a larger audience. Unless your tongue is firmly in your cheek, you don't go around promoting them while bashing popular series #5349797. That's off-putting.

I feel sorry for this kid in a similar way I feel sorry for those Columbine/Virgiania Tech/etc. shooters*: victims that were pushed too far, ignored and given no help, and basically left to stew in their own negativitiy.

*I'm not equating the kid's threat to the shootings themselves, by the way.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I know what you mean. You'll never win people over by bashing them. But people tend to react emotionally rather than logically. And you know, I think that some like there to be a "lesser" fan base to mock. It makes them feel superior, and there isn't anyone who doesn't like feeling superior. So in the end, they're not trying to win over anyway, it's all about an ego trip. At least, I think so. I mean, I know I've said and done stupid things for those reasons.