• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tell me your Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duplighost

Gluttonus Greed
many people evolve their pokemon and just use a powerful attack to win, i find that too comom and very boring, so i use a tactic to win, which make pokemon more fun, you can say your tactics here, your tactics will not be told to other ppl who battle you, garanted. In fact, ill tell you my tactic with my Zigzagoon. Moves: Covet/Rest/Belly Drum/Headbut.Equip=Chesto berry.

1st, I use Belly drum to maximise my zigzagoons attack and half my Hp, no worrys though, my defence is fine.2nd i use rest, refill my Hp and the chesto berry takes efect, awakening my zigzazgoon from his sleep. 3rd, i use Covet, does a lot of dammage, probably half, and takes the foes held item.(if he has one) Finally 4th, i use Headbut to dammage the enemy with great intensity and may cause flinching.

I will never be intimidated, NEVER!

Last edited:

Arrow

The Southern Cross
My team is well-varied and I pull out a Pokemon that can do super-effective moves against it, then just fry them with standard attacks. Against tougher adversaries, I use Sunny Day then spam Solar Beam. :p

Duplighost

Gluttonus Greed
Arrow said:
My team is well-varied and I pull out a Pokemon that can do super-effective moves against it, then just fry them with standard attacks. Against tougher adversaries, I use Sunny Day then spam Solar Beam. :p

Sunny day and soler beam make a great combanation, plus if you are double battling, get a fire type and use fire attacks on any pokemon. (Except uneffective ones)
But using super effective hits battle after battle gets boring dont you think? Still, I like the sunny day thing, i seen something like that on pokemon XD game battling Miror B he uses Rain dance then Hydro pump plus puting his ability to action.

Last edited:
S

Swampert fan

I love evolved pokemon, but I love cute too.
Precioussly Igglypuf or Pichu

darkpkmn fan1

i use my cacturne a use leech seed and then ingrain. then i use absorb for more health. this worked great against norman because of his slakings ability.

PkmnTrainerJ

Earthquake everything, if it is Flying, it gets Ice Beamed, if it's Water/Flying, then Return.

So I love to exploit weaknesses and if that fails, rely on Return/Surf.

in doble battle i use a tank and a and a pokemon that have good attack use fallow me with theteank them use focus punch with the other one.single battle subtitute them focus punch.

My tactics? Simple. Disrupt the opposition first, while damaging them steadily. And then bring out the finishers to obliterate.

Ampharos, Gardevoir, Bellossom and Blastoise focus on disrupting while causing some damage. They also can take hits well enough and wear the opponent little by little. As they faint and the foe is pretty much worn down, Pinsir and Salamence finish the leftovers...

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
Espeon. Loght screen, Reflect, BP out to Ninjask. Agility, Speed Boost, Swords dance, BP to Marowak with Thick Club. Sweepy sweepy.

Deathborn_606

Power of the mind
Either I plain destory the opponent with Zangoose or Camerupt or I annoy them to hec with Roselia and turn the odds in my favor with Castform.

I have many strategem. Most of the time I end up in double battle's so I like building a team of poke'mon all specialized in one thing. I like to be able to cover one another's weaknesses, which isn't that hard if you just put your mind to it.

zuloon

Bboy Zuloon
Zangoose@Lum Berry:
Swords Dance
Return
Shadow Ball
Rest

Celebi@Leftovers:
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Heal Bell
Recover

My main pokes on NetBattle. Sure, there are better pokes than Zangoose, but Zangoose is my absolute fave. Strategy?
Swords Dance up, start returning at low health. Shadow Ball Psychics/Ghosts/ other things weak to it. Rest when I'm at low health.

Switch to Celebi, Heal Bell, Swords Dance, Recover, Swords Dance, Recover, Baton Pass to Zangoose.

Unfortunately, Zangoose gets screwed by most things faster than it, especially Zapdos. It'll always beat Jolteon one on one though.

Mystify

Graceful
I have a really annoying Ludicolo stratagy:

Give it lots of HP EV's, make it hold Leftovers, teach it Leech Seed, make sure it has the Rain Dish ability, and give it Rain Dance.

Every turn goes something like this:

Foe's health was sapped by Leech Seed!
Ludicolo's Rain Dish recovered HP!
Ludicolo's Leftovers restored its HP a little!

Quite fun to use ^_^

Duplighost

Gluttonus Greed
XxGreivousxX said:
You guys are so compilcated.
My tactic is just kill the dirty b*stard!

Kill the dirty Whatever, i find that takes the fun out of pokemon, making it 1 sided, dont you find that the least bit boring?

;328; ;328; ;328; ;328;

Last edited:

StrayedBullet

OMFG................
lol don't hugeamountofnumber-post. its againts the rules. use the edit button. neway, i like to cause status, then stat boost, then sweep. ATM my Mawille is fully EV trained, getting prepared for BF.

Mawille@leftovers
EV's: 160 HP/ 180 Def/ 114 S.Def/ 56 Spd
Calm Nature
Swords Dance
Taunt
Baton Pass
Return

That is good, Taunt, SD, BP to something else, otherwise return. it'll be going with my Tentacruel that is in training, and a Sweeper like Sandslash, or possibly something else.

-SB ;001;

S

Swampert fan

For me Earthquake is strongest attack.
My Tactic is Swampert, Sceptile and Swellow with Brick Break.
I never lose

Duplighost

Gluttonus Greed
StrayedBullet said:
lol don't hugeamountofnumber-post. its againts the rules. use the edit button. neway, i like to cause status, then stat boost, then sweep. ATM my Mawille is fully EV trained, getting prepared for BF.

Mawille@leftovers
EV's: 160 HP/ 180 Def/ 114 S.Def/ 56 Spd
Calm Nature
Swords Dance
Taunt
Baton Pass
Return

That is good, Taunt, SD, BP to something else, otherwise return. it'll be going with my Tentacruel that is in training, and a Sweeper like Sandslash, or possibly something else.-SB ;001;

ok i wont next time, just rating tactic replies.
but anyway, your Mawille stratagy is good, however, you might need diffrent types of pokemon if your going to use Baton pass besides Tentacruel and Sandslash

Greatone

Cascade Trainer
Duplighost, Baton Pass allows you to switch pokemon while retaining all stat changes. So if I use swords dance with Celebi, and then baton pass to metagross, metagross gets the attack boost of swords dance. And his Zangoose had a lum berry, which is better than a chesto berry, it heals ANY status affliction.

And one reason people evolve their pokemon is... well have you ever pitted your Zigzagoon against a fully evolved pokemon of the same level? It can be OHKOed by almost any stabbed attack.

My tactic? Well for battle frontier I lead off with Gardevoir, and use hypnosis. Then I calm mind as much as I can and hit them with a psychic. I always have a Blissey to switch in, and a Metagross to back me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.