1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Telltale Games Is Shutting Down

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by RileyXY1, Sep 21, 2018.

1. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ead_developer_Telltale_Games_closing_down.php

According to this report, Telltale Games is filing for bankruptcy. Many of their upcoming titles, such as Stranger Things, Game Of Thrones Season 2, and The Wolf Among Us Season 2 have been cancelled. They have also laid off over 90% of their employees. Only a skeleton crew of 25 employees are left, and they will finish The Walking Dead: The Final Season before they close their doors for good.

2. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

That's a shame. They made some really good point-and-click adventure games in my opinion, the Sam and Max trilogy, Minecraft: Story Mode and Back to the Future: The Game to name a few.

3. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara The Bard of Rage

This means no Strong Bad's Cooler Game For Even More Attractive People...

Too bad. I was hoping for another Homestar Runner game.

Pokemon Power likes this.
  4. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

I know they got greedy but they did made a lot of good story-focused games. Was personally excited for The Wolf Among Us 2.

5. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded Ask me anything

They got way in over themselves after Walking dead season 1 became the Juggernaut that it was that year, also not surprised about the horrid stories of mismanagement that's become too common in the industry.

Sad that the lawsuit against them won't go anywhere because there's no money to give the people they abruptly screwed over, but if I were an employee I would have been moved at that point. If you can't even pay my severance why should I expect anything out of court?

The only good bits here were the numerous other studios trying to take in as many of positions that were available, and the people who did preorder the final season aren't getting scammed and will be getting what they paid for.

All around a s****** situation, did anyone even know they put a Guardians game? lmao

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018