1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

temporal tower

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by Furret-Luver, May 20, 2012.

1. Furret-Luver

Furret-Luver yummy berries

i'm in temporal tower, and i just can't beat dialga! im a munchlax, and my partner is a cyndaquil. were both at level 51. i was just wondering if anybody has any advice on battling dialga?

2. Angeltripper

Angeltripper ♥ Ace ♥

X-eye Seeds, Sleep Seeds, Violent Seeds, and to a lesser extent, Totter Seeds

3. Aura Of Twilight

Aura Of Twilight Forever Clueless

What are the movesets of you and your partner?

4. Knightfall

Knightfall Blazing Wordsmith

Stun seeds to stop him, Violent seeds to boost your attack way up, and Vile seeds to make Dialga's defense it's lowest. After that, it's a matter of not dying from Roar of Time.

Knightfall signing off...;005;

5. ☭Secret_Shocker☭

☭Secret_Shocker☭ Well-Known Member

Dig works on the darn thing, with some X-Eye seeds, violent seeds and vile seeds. That's slightly overkill. Just watch out for roar of time.

6. Furret-Luver

munchlax:tackle, lick, body slam, last resort
    cyndaquil: flame wheel, lava plume, flamethrower, eruption

7. Aura Of Twilight

Hmm...Not bad, but it isn't always the best to have a moveset that's just one type. You need variety so that you can take on more types. Here's some of the types of moves I suggest:

Munchlax:
    Brick Break - Physical, and super effective against steel, dark, and normal types
    Stockpile - Since Munchlax generally has a lot of HP, this would be a good move to have. Since it raises Defense and Sp. Defense, Munchlax will be able to last awhile in battle.
    Rock Slide -A tough, powerful move that can sometimes cause enemies to flinch.
    Body Slam - I think you should keep this. Its a strong move, and can cause paralysis. Its a lot stronger than lick.

Cyndaquil:
    Rollout - Hits in succession. While it still has a low accraucy, it works well with Defense Curl
    Defense Curl - For Rollout. Also, will keep you alive longer if used correctly.
    Flamethrower - Keep it. Powerful and has good accruacy. Can also hit enemies from afar on the map.
    Dig - Protection! Since Dialga's Roar of Time is pretty deadly, you'll be able to avoid it a turn with Dig. Plus, it gives you an advantage if Diagla is resting

I removed Eruption because it has the possiblity of harming Munchlax, since it hits all nearby pokemon and can cause a burn. Also, it weakens as Cyndaquil's HP lowers. Flame Wheel isn't bad, but it has somewhat of a lower attack power.

Also, like some of the posts above have said, make sure you have the right seeds! Oran berries wouldn't be bad to have either.

I hope that helps...:)

8. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

No one said Reviver Seeds and Oran Berries? Come on, that Roar of Time kills, no matter the level you're on!

That's the best advice I can give.

9. Furret-Luver

thank you so much everybody! i'll have to try all this after my baby-sitting job (5:00-6:30)

10. Furret-Luver

i finaaly found a tm for dig and just teached it to cyndaquil! back to tempral tower!

11. greatguy

greatguy Back.

I agree with Kutie Pie; Reviver Seeds and Oran Berries are the way to go. The best way to obtain Reviver Seeds is buying them from the Keckleon Shop, any decent reward will give you enough money to buy a Reviver Seed and have some left over. Don't go with the ones from rewards though; that's usually the only decent thing they give.

I wouldn't use too many Oran Berries though, they take up a turn and if on the second turn Dialga lands a critical Roar of Time or super effective move, you're KO'ed and will have wasted an Oran Berry.

12. nathandg0924

nathandg0924 Back in the meantime

Make sure you have a lot of reviver seeds and oran berries. Orbs will not work so use seeds like X-eye seeds and totter seeds against him. You got a Tm for dig? That's good but just beware of his pressure ability and I think he has intimidator, which stops you from attacking. Be careful with his Roar of Time, it makes this guy one of the hardest bosses in the series.

13. Furret-Luver

i finally got to the hidden land part, but once i reached and beat floor 8, it said "you have beat this dungeon" and sent me back to the beginning! is this some weird glitch that happened to any of you? can i fix it?

14. Aura Of Twilight

That's really odd....I don't think that's ever happened to me before.

When you get to the hidden land, you should go through 15 floors and then be at the midway point, where you then have 8 more floors to go before getting out of the dungeon....I assumed that's what you did, so you shouldn't of had any problems. Did you notice anything odd besides that message at the end of the dungeon? Then again, it could've just been a glitch....

15. Furret-Luver

nope, nothing else except i didn't get to battle dialga

16. Angeltripper

Angeltripper ♥ Ace ♥

have you tried again?

17. Sunset Star

Sunset Star The DS Gamer

When fighting Primal Dialga, throw some ammo (You can find a lot of Gravlerocks in Temporal Spire). Primal Dialga will then walk towards you, rather than using Roar of Time and OHKOing your team.​

18. StarlightPegasus

StarlightPegasus Live out Loud

You can never go wrong with Reviver Seeds and Oran Berries. :)

19. Lord Fighting

Lord Fighting Bank Ball Collector

Literally just spam x-eye seeds, vile seeds and make sure you have some strong moves and some long range moves. Also, Reviver seeds are the most important item ever. The last thing you want is to take a roar of time to the face.

20. xE5breonx

xE5breonx Esbreon

You could give Cyndaquil Smokescreen. Thus, making it unable to attack you for a 20 sec, I believe? What is the moveset for Munchlax and Cyndaquil? And I would bring some revival seeds, Sleep seed, totter seed.