• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Temporary PM19/JN Characters Speculation Thread (no Haruka debates)

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Since the official thread is still locked, some stickies are being flooded by this topic making those getting out of control for being off-topic... So I decided to create this thread... Please lock this one if it violates rules or if the original thread has been unlocked...

This is the new thread for the human cast of the upcoming Pocket Monsters anime. Feel free to discuss potential cast dynamics, characters' personalities, roles, purposes, goals, etc. You can also discuss possible appearances and personalities of characters confirmed to appear in the Sword/Shield games.

Do NOT discuss who's going to catch what Pokémon! We have a separate thread for that.

----

Pocket Monsters, or "Pokémon" for short:
The mysterious creatures that live on our planet.
You can see them all over the world; In the sky, in the sea, in forests, in cities... Everywhere.
This is the story of "Satoshi", a boy who wants to be the best at Pokémon battling,
and "Go", a boy who dreams of getting every Pokémon.
This is the beginning of the adventure towards the apparently infinitely vast Pokémon world,
which will be had together with lots of Pokémon,
including Satoshi's partner "Pikachu" and Go's partner Hibanny".
Now...
Let's Go! To the Pokémon World! With our dreams and adventures!

img_news190929_01.png

Satoshi:
A 10 year old boy who aims to become the best at Pokémon battling
due to a certain encounter he had.
He's a straightforward boy with a strong sense of justice.
His dream is to become a Pokémon Master.

Pikachu:
Satoshi's greatest partner
who journeys together with him.
Its specialty is Thunderbolt.

img_news190929_02.png

Go:
A 10 year old boy
whose goal is to get the mythical Pokémon "Mew",
which he met when he was young.
He's calm and composed, but very passionate.
His dream is to get every Pokémon.

Hibanny:
A expert kicker who hates losing because it cares about its friends so much.
An unexpected turn of events led to its fateful encounter with Go.

img_news191013_04.png

Professor Sakuragi:
He conducts research at the Sakuragi Laboratories
while supporting Satoshi and Go's adventures.

img_news191013_05.png

Koharu:

A 10 year old girl who attends school.
She's Professor Sakuragi's daughter and a childhood friend of Go.

Wanpachi:
A puppy Pokémon.
Very attached to Koharu.

img_news191013_02.jpg

img_news191013_03.jpg

The Sakuragi Laboratories:

A recently built Pokémon laboratory in Kuchiba City, Kanto.
Satoshi and Go live here while they set off on adventures to various regions.

Series Staff:
Based on the creations of Satoshi Tajiri, Junichi Masuda and Ken Sugimori
Executive Director: Daiki Tomiyasu
Director: Maki Kodaira (ep 1-54), Jun Owada (ep 55+)
Creative Supervisor: Kunihiko Yuyama
Series Construction: Shoji Yonemura
Character Design: Shuhei Yasuda
Screenplay: Reiko Yoshida, Shoji Yonemura, Deko Akao, Junichi Fujisaku, Michihiro Tsuchiya, Toko Machida, Yuka Miyata, Aya Matsui, Atsuhiro Tomioka, Akemi Omode and more
Sound Director: Masafumi Mima
Music: Yuki Hayashi
Animation: OLM
Production: TV Tokyo, Medianet and Shopro
Voice of Satoshi: Rica Matsumoto
Voice of Go: Daiki Yamashita
Voice of Professor Sakuragi: Yuichi Nakamura
Voice of Koharu: Kana Hanazawa
Voice of Musashi: Megumi Hayashibara
Voice of Kojiro: Shinichiro Miki
Voice of Nyarth: Inuko Inuyama

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I expect Marnie to appear if Piers does. As for Bede, maybe an episode when/if Opal is looking for her successor.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I just hope they don't stuff them all into a Galar Star tournament...
I want Ash to battle them all and for all of them(or at least Nessa/Kabu/Allister/Piers/Marnie/Bede) to have focus episodes

Won't shed any tears if Peony, Hopp, and Milo get skipped

Bede and Hatterene? I'm betting in a not-so Distant Future episode, there will be a battle between Ash and his Pikachu vs. Bede and his hatterene.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
When do you guys think marnie bede and rest of the Galar Sqad will appear. Will they even appear??
I definitely want Marnie to appear. I loved her appearance in the game. If she appears, Team Yell, her crazy fan club would have to appear too which is cool though they remind me of Team skull from Aloha.

I'd also love for Bede to appear and act as a snobby rival or even just a condescending character. He had spent much edge in the games. Hopefully he'd still have it in the anime if he appears.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hop is way too overhated tbh, he had a good arc, just that SwSh isn't exactly good with giving anyone actual focus
Him and Trace are literal reskins of Hau!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Dislike Hau and/or Hop all you want but saying they’re the same character is far from the truth.

Hau: Someone who learns to make his journey his own as well as to know there’s a time to be laid back or serious
Hop: Someone who lets his confidence get the better of him and learns that it’s ok to reconsider your dreams

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Hop is way too overhated tbh, he had a good arc, just that SwSh isn't exactly good with giving anyone actual focus
He's like the best written rival like...ever? He at least got meaningful development and it all came together in the post-game arc. Yes he's another friendly rival but at least a good one and imo a much better one than those from the last two generations.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
He's like the best written rival like...ever? He at least got meaningful development and it all came together in the post-game arc. Yes he's another friendly rival but at least a good one and imo a much better one than those from the last two generations.
That…. is debatable but def the best friendly one.

Also prob the most difficult if you’re playing Shield :D

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Him and Trace are literal reskins of Hau!
Actually, they are all gender bent versions of Shauna. She was the one who kickstarted the tradition and I hope one day people will awknowledge that and give her her proper title.
Dislike Hau and/or Hop all you want but saying they’re the same character is far from the truth.

Hau: Someone who learns to make his journey his own as well as to know there’s a time to be laid back or serious
Hop: Someone who lets his confidence get the better of him and learns that it’s ok to reconsider your dreams
Just a running gag because of the recycled models and the they being the friendly rival in their games

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Haven't played SwooShi but can understand where the hatred is coming from. We have too many friendly rivals at this point. Edgelords and anti-heroes like alain and gladion are just more likeable.
Well there's Bede also for an asshole rival........but due to SwSh being SwSh he disappears for like half the game