• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Temporary PM19/JN Characters Speculation Thread (no Haruka debates)

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I don't get this argument. Why would they forget or want people to forget about "the unknown"? If anything they'll find ways to remind people that it happened. Are you implying that the writers hate their own audience?
I noticed that the writers do things related to the country the region is based on.
Kalos is based on France, which is considered a romantic country and the writers gave the XY anime some romantic aspects like Serena's crush on Ash, Professor Sycamore trying to flirt with Diantha's secretary, the episode with Dr. White and Jesse, Ash and Serena's "date" and the lastly, the "unknown thing".
Now that Kalos isnt the main region, i dont think the writers would resort to such things aside Kukui and Burnet's wedding.

lol i was being serious though. Returns in general tend to woo their audience a lot. They are pure fanservice.
Like Ash and Dawn talking for a minute after all the time that passed since Sinnoh? even Iris got better than that.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
I noticed that the writers do things related to the country the region is based on.
Kalos is based on France, which is considered a romantic country and the writers gave the XY anime some romantic aspects like Serena's crush on Ash, Professor Sycamore trying to flirt with Diantha's secretary, the episode with Dr. White and Jesse, Ash and Serena's "date" and the lastly, the "unknown thing".
Now that Kalos isnt the main region, i dont think the writers would resort to such things aside Kukui and Burnet's wedding.
You've got the wrong idea to begin with. They created amourshipping not because it was the "region of love" but because shukichi kanda, a producer of the anime suggested it. Shipping isn't restricted to regions ; kukui and burnett being the biggest example also contest shipping and penguinshipping.

Her crush is an integral part of her character and also happens to be her goal. Being his wife is as important to serena as being a pokemon master is to ash. Everytime she returns you can bet they'll promote amourshipping in some form or another because she's a love interest first and foremost.

If you've watched enough anime you know what i'm talking about. This is the hinata/mikasa archetype.
Like Ash and Dawn talking for a minute after all the time that passed since Sinnoh? even Iris got better than that
You don't get it. Remember piplup? That's her signature mon or in other words her identity. She's that person with a comic relief piplup, that's who she is. Serena's identity is her crush. They didn't forget that dawn had a piplup, they won't forget that serena likes ash.

JN forgets nothing as proven time and again.

Last edited:

Yce288

Grass type FTW
You've got the wrong idea to begin with. They created amourshipping not because it was the "region of love" but because shukichi kanda, a producer of the anime suggested it. Shipping isn't restricted to regions ; kukui and burnett being the biggest example also contest shipping and penguinshipping.

Her crush is an integral part of her character and also happens to be her goal. Being his wife is as important to serena as being a pokemon master is to ash. Everytime she returns you can bet they'll promote amourshipping in some form or another because she's a love interest first and foremost.

If you've watched enough anime you know what i'm talking about. This is the hinata/mikasa archetype.

You don't get it. Remember piplup? That's her signature mon or in other words her identity. She's that person with a comic relief piplup, that's who she is. Serena's identity is her crush. They didn't forget that dawn had a piplup, they won't forget that serena likes ash.

JN forgets nothing as proven time and again.
I dont want to get too deep with this because this thread could get locked because of this subject, so i''ll say this just once:
The Pokemon anime is different than most anime.
Some anime are adaptation of manga and some are the original source(like the Inuyasha sequel called Yashahime)and in the case of Pokemon, its based on the Pokemon games, which means the Pokemon anime is used to promote the games.
you're right that shippings have nothing to do with the region's aspects, but the Amourshipping was treated differently than most shippings, the writers went out and decided to make Serena Ash's childhood friend, thing that they never done before.
the fact Serena freaked out when Penelope told Ash that he has to come with her despite their age difference.
the fact Serena considered the time spent alone with Ash " a date".
we never saw such things with the previous girls Ash traveled with.
i think the Sun and Moon anime proves my point: Ash was finally allowed to win a league so you could ask: if the writers wanted Ash and Serena to get together, they could let Ash win the Kalos league and let Serena become the Kalos Queen and make them stay together in Kalos, but we all saw they didnt.
so why Ash won the Alola league of all leagues?
i have 2 points in mind:
1.Ash is based on the games protagonist or the games player character and before the Sun and Moon games, every time the player character wins the league, he or she will always challenge the region's champion over and over again until Sun and Moon.
in Sun and Moon, once you win the league, you no longer face the reion's champion since now you're the region's champion and instead you defend your title as champion, so the same happened with Ash, he became the Alola Champion for good just like the player character.
2.the writers always resorted to the same formula before the Sun and Moon anime: Ash collect 8 gym badges, challenge the league and lose at point during the league conference until the Sun and Moon anime.
since the Alola region doesnt have gyms like the previous regions, the Sun and Moon anime had to be treated differently.
the main setting was the Alola region, but the episode alway start in the Melemele Island, a thing that was passed on to Pokemon 2019/ Journeys.
this is just my guess, but i think the Sun and Moon anime was popular and successful in Japan so the writers decided to use the new formula in Pokemon 2019/ Journeys too and even though gyms were brought back the in the Galar region, the writers decided that since Ash already won the Alola league to give him a new goal: to become the strongest trainer using the world championship(too bad the world championship became a wasted potential as time passed).
and you say Pokemon 2019/ Journeys forgets nothing? so where are the Orange Island and the Decolora Islands?
i wont repeat myself after this, i just hope my points were clear.
if you want animes where the main protagonist get married then dont come close to Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh because you''ll most likely be disappointed.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
You know it's true. :>
d71311cb566dfd92b7099f42d2d6ef0e--shingeki-no-kyojin-anime-art.jpg
I hate the implication her farewell makes that Ash is her ultimate goal simply coz I hate the implication that a ten year old would focus on being the partner of someone as their ultimate goal and not have their own dreams and ambitions, esp when they are TEN. Amourshipping worked better where Ash served as an inspiration for Serena, inspiring her to be better which she did and became her own character working in her own goal to provide smiles to others and break away from her mom's rhyhorn goal. Loved when she was an independent character like that instead of Ash being her ultimate and main thing and her character only serving as a love interest like that episode and line in the end implies

Last edited:

Yce288

Grass type FTW
No it's not lmao. I've seen this argument repeated ad infinitum in other communities. Everybody thinks their anime is special and works differently, only to then end in the most cliche and predictable way. Shounen will always be shounen.
I only say this with the Pokemon anime.
while Naruto was far from the love subject most of the time, most fans knew that Naruto would end up with either Sakura or Hinata.
when the love subject is one of the main things in a anime, said anime almost looks like a telenovela.

RafaSceptile

No it's not lmao. I've seen this argument repeated ad infinitum in other communities. Everybody thinks their anime is special and works differently, only to then end in the most cliche and predictable way. Shounen will always be shounen.
With the exception that Pokémon is a Kodomo since 1997 and continue to be a kodomo those days.

Morax

King of heroes
I hate the implication her farewell makes that Ash is her ultimate goal simply coz I hate the implication that a ten year old would focus on being the partner of someone as their ultimate goal and not have their own dreams and ambitions, esp when they are TEN. Amourshipping worked better where Ash served as an inspiration for Ash, inspiring her to be better which she did and became her own character working in her own goal to provide smiles to others and break away from her mom's rhyhorn goal. Loved when she was an independent character like that instead of Ash being her ultimate and main thing and her character only serving as a love interest like that episode and line in the end implies
I don't care whether you hate it or like it.
I only say this with the Pokemon anime.
while Naruto was far from the love subject most of the time, most fans knew that Naruto would end up with either Sakura or Hinata.
when the love subject is one of the main things in a anime, said anime almost looks like a telenovela.
Since you brought it up, pokemon is literally naruto & dragon ball for pre-teens. Romance was never a thing in these anime just like pokemon and yet the MC got laid in the end.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't care whether you hate it or like it.
Since you claim to be a Serena fan and have stated multiple times how Ash sucks.....why would you want Serena's main thing to be tied to Ash and have him be her ultimate goal when him being her inspiration to work towards her dreams worked better anyway?

Morax

King of heroes
Since you claim to be a Serena fan and have stated multiple times how Ash sucks.....why would you want Serena's main thing to be tied to Ash and have him be her ultimate goal when him being her inspiration to work towards her dreams worked better anyway?
I just want her to be happy and if that's with ash then so be it. Couldn't care any less about him.

Unless stated otherwise, Ash's father will never appear in Pokémon Journeys, it's been 23 years ago Since Pokémon's Airing.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
In the next episodes we will have a Leon vs Raihan a battle according to Newtype magazine.
Seriously? I know they gotta keep the fujos interested and all, but couldn’t they at least make it vs one of the other master 8 or galar gym leaders?

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Seriously? I know they gotta keep the fujos interested and all, but couldn’t they at least make it vs one of the other master 8 or galar gym leaders?
I agree
They could give some screen time to either Bea or Korrina. They have not appeared in a long time actually. Having Leon vs Raihan this early feels screwed.

I hope its not just another Gmax zard vs Gmax duraldon. Like we'vw seen it already and not to mention Gmax can be quite boring general.
Those guys sure have a gigantamax complex.

Chano

From what I've read, the battle is organized by Opal, and considering how... weird she is, maybe this is not a literal Pokémon battle but some kind of random competition like a quiz or something