• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ten years... How many were you a part of?

How long?

• Since the begining

Votes: 239 83.6%
  • Around GSC

Votes: 32 11.2%
  • Around RuSa

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Around the last 2 years

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Just recently

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mequuh

I donty know how it happened.. It does though, my computer lags then I click again.. Because I assume it didnt the first time.. But anyways- Since GSC

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
i was there in the beginning with the cards, but i can say that i truly entered pokemon with Ru/Sa

I started with the anime, then the games. So, from the start, I guess, science it was before G/S/C

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Since Red and Blue were released in the UK, so as far as the UK has had pokemon. I imagine only someone who lived in Japan at the time of Green's release has been with pokemon since the beginning.

F

Flare

I was into it since th begging, well since the people around where I used to live heard of it. My love for it kind of faded from grade 4-6 in which case I made a friedn in grade six who got me to like it again, been obsessed ever since...can't tell if its a good or bad obsession though XD

Lord wackruntlje said:
From the very begining. Gosh, I wonder what would have become of me if I haden't started with pokemon... I maybe would be an assasin

need I add lol? XD

Mequuh

RaZoR LeAf said:
Since Red and Blue were released in the UK, so as far as the UK has had pokemon. I imagine only someone who lived in Japan at the time of Green's release has been with pokemon since the beginning.
I'm pretty sure in nintendo power they mentioned it was the American 10th anerversery.. The 10th Japanese was a while ago..

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Well I got into Pokemon when I was 6 or 7, my old friend Carlos (who I never see anymore) kept going on about the program. I kept just saying I'd watch it but never did. Everyone found him annoying. But then one day, I was ill, and decided to watch TV, and it was on Sky One. Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon, I believe. So my introduction to Pokemon featured Pikachu, Squirtle, Charizard, Aerodactyl, Meowth, Arbok and Weezing (back then I thought it was called Weezel, heh).
I got Pokemon Blue when I was 7 for Christmas, and, after a long period of time figuring how to get out of your house at the beginning, got into playing. (My first Pokemon was Bulbasaur, hence my current obsession with it). I got Yellow and many trading cards, and then when Gold and Silver came out I got Gold. But then my friends kind of lost interest in it...and then I sort of followed...all my cards were put in the loft...
Then, when I was 12 or 13, I decided to play Gold to pass time. Needless to say I got caught up in it again, borrowed my friend's Sapphire and Fire Red to see how much had changed, and from there I went on numerous Pokemon forums and happened to find this one.

That would make most of the ten years apart from a small time at the beginning and a few years where I lost interest in the middle. But I will remain a fan for as long as I can :)

silver

i have been into pokemon Since the first pokemon card i got...which was about the begining of pokemon...

Porygandrew

I remember seeing the crazy bus driver commercials! :D

I got my first game Pokemon Blue with a gift certificate to Walmart I had won. Blue was my favorite color, so I got that. I wanted to know what the big deal was since I was hearing good things about the games. Mind you, this is back before the card game ever came out.

My first pokemon was bulbasaur since it was the easiest against the first two gyms. I didn't stop playing until past Pewter city because I didn't know how to save! lol. I had a sparse gameboy collection and I wanted to get a new game at a cheap price, thus became my journey into the pokemon world.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Well I've been at it since the start. I don't remember if I started watching the show in 1998 or 1999 though...I think I got Red, Blue, and Yellow for my birthday on July 17th, 1999 or maybe it was in 2000, I can't exactly remember.

Anyway, I have never doubted Pokémon's success and I have never stopped liking it.

Now I can't wait to play Trozei, Ranger, Mysterious Dungeon, and Diamond & Pearl!

~Scott;229;

Steely

Milotic Obsessed
I've been with it since the begginning. For christmas one year my parents got my two brothers red and blue version and they got me yellow version, and I was hooked instantly. I remember I played for a few weeks before realizing that I could capture pokemon (I beat Brock with only my Pikachu using tail whip and quick attack, it took me soo many tries), and then it refreshed the "new" feeling. Then I got hooked to the cards, but that only lasted a few years. But I've still played all the games. I've never really been hooked to the anime, mostly since I don't have time to watch it or it only comes on before school even gets out. I watch it on and off.

Tropical Spirit

YAY! Original>You =3
Since the beginning. +Remembers his old Blue version and his first pokemon ever, Vine the Bulbasaur+ ;0;

Status
Not open for further replies.