1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ten years... How many were you a part of?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Mequuh, Jan 31, 2006.

?

How long?

1. Since the begining

239 vote(s)
    83.6%
  2. Around GSC

32 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. Around RuSa

9 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Around the last 2 years

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Just recently

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampy

Swampy Crack the Skye

Yeah, hooked on the pint sized freaks from the beginning.

2. Ryou-Sama

Ryou-Sama Guest

Early 1999, some kid at my daycare had a whole bunch of cards and I thought they were cool. He gave me an eevee. Later in the school year, there was a guy who brought his Red Version to school every day and I liked him so I got the game so I could have half a clue what he was talking about when he babbled on about it. It turns out I liked the game a lot more than him. Hence, I still have Red, but I don't even remember this kid's name. I think it was Tyler or Travis or something Tr-.

3. CassSept

CassSept Well-Known Member

It was 2000, my first console ever - GBC with Pokemon Red & Blue...

4. Raito

Raito HADOUKEN!

6 1/2 to 7 years ago, which unless you followed japan, should probably be you answer. 7 1/2 at most. First Pokegame that came out was in Sept. 1998 in the states.

5. Poliwhirl

Poliwhirl Well-Known Member

i started after ash and brock battle

6. Snorlax 360

Snorlax 360 Sea Ruby Trainer

In 1999, I rented some Pokemon videos to see how it was. Loved it. Ever since then, been a total Pokemon addict. :)

7. Rat

Rat Clefairy Fanatic

I've been playing since December 1998, starting with Pokemon Red NTSC, so, 7 years.

8. muckers

muckers *yawn*

Let's see...in terms of Pokemon as a whole, 7 years almost. I was introduced to the TGC and anime when I was ten, and I'm 17 in a couple of weeks.

As for the games, it's almost 6 exactly. I got Red for my 11th birthday.

9. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

Since about two months after its debut in the UK. It grew on me and never left. So about seven years would be my answer.

10. Nathan Madien

Nathan Madien Me on a Good Day

My answer: since the beginning! Woo-hah!

11. pharaohguy530

pharaohguy530 The one and only.

I started to like pokemon ever since I got my Blue version when it first came out in America, like around 1998 or something like that.

12. brainwhiz21

brainwhiz21 MUST GET CHOCOLATE

since i was 2 or 3 i saw it on tv got hooked then i caught on to the cards then games now serebii

13. Torrey_the_Demon_Trainer

Torrey_the_Demon_Trainer Ultimate Genious

I started with Blue when I was 9 or 10 and have been hooked ever since.

14. mewtwo1414141414

mewtwo1414141414 Sea Ruby Trainer

I was there since the start, from the Cards to the T.V. Show to the Games.

15. ryman

ryman Well-Known Member

I discovered Pokemon when my cousin gave me my first Pokemon card. It was an Ivysaur. I still wasn't quite the fan. I thought the anime was "cool" (all the popular kids watched it.) So I saw the first movie, so I would be cool. Since thenI watched the anime, then my brother got Blue. I got Red. I fell addicted to it and the games became my favorite part of Pokemon. A year later it became "gay", and everyone hated it, including my brother. I stole his Blue though.

16. .::Escalator::.

.::Escalator::. "GO TEAM BOOBIES!"

I've been a Pokemaniac for 1 year, starting the first December after FR/LG came out. So I'll put 2 years.

17. The Dreamer

The Dreamer Guest

It surprises me that this many people have been with Pokemon since Red/Blue. As for myself, I got purchased the game within a month or two of it being released. I remeber that I didn't even understand how to withdraw and deposit Pokemon, so my only Pokemon around Fuschia was a Lv. 70 Venasaur or something :p

18. mangod/pikachu

mangod/pikachu Volcano Trainer

I wanna say I've been into it since the beginning, but I want to be more specific and say I've been into Pokemon since the year 1999. I became interested in it by the anime series and then it moved on to the games and now I'm 16 and still loving the series. My first Pokemon game was Blue for the Gameboy and then I lost the cartridge. Then later I got Gold for the GB and still have it to this day. I remember wanting either Ruby or Sapphire(I got Sapphire) so bad, I saved up about 50 dollars just to get the game and then spent Saturday evening playing it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  19. Maes Hughes

Maes Hughes Well-Known Member

When i was 8 my mom got me Pokemon red version for christmas. was hooked since i turned the game on.

20. MacX

MacX ShinyHunter!

Been into it since it first came in out in the US for Red and Blue when I was a teenager! XD

Ah sweet memories...and forever becoming "MacX" all thanks to Yellow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.