• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ten years... How many were you a part of?

How long?

• Since the begining

Votes: 239 83.6%
  • Around GSC

Votes: 32 11.2%
  • Around RuSa

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Around the last 2 years

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Just recently

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Flower

Horror Mistress
Whoa...I can't believe it's been that long...

Anyway, I hated Pokemon when it first arrived in the States (I think it was because all of those commercials annoyed me) but I when I saw 'The Waterflowers of Cerulean City', it got me hooked on the series. I bought Pokemon Blue immediately afterwards.

So it's been 8 years (more or less). :3

FireKero!

SWABLR
Started a few days after it came out in japan(the game). Even had that Porygon episode on tape.

Personally, I think that I enjoyed Pokemon more in Canada, then in Japan

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
Basically, I got Red & Blue for Christmas. When I got the Silver Version, it conked out, and saving the game was made impossible. And more recently, I was at my first Actual Pokemon Event - Pokémon Rocks Boston! Of course, if I had made a clever Serebii.net banner, you'd have all gathered, and I would've ended up being just like Bloo, going "I'm YoshiAngemon, and you are all my minions! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

jellsprout

I don't know the exact time, but it was definatly a long time before Yellow. So I'll have to say since the begining.

XanthianCaprie

Cascade Trainer
I've been into since it came to the states in 1998. This is actually the worldwide 10th anniversary, so I imagine Japan is doing something, too. I didn't know what it was and I didn't have much money, so I got the rom on my computer -- had to buy Blue then, I was hooked.

I sort of got out of it after Gold and Silver, but came back about 2 years ago.

Raziel

Lively up yourself
Well, I was not in Pokemon since the very begining because I didn't buy Green :p

However, I've been into it since the show began airing here in Latin America, a few months later I bought Blue and I became addicted to it.

I didn't buy any other game besides Blue, but I kept watching the show until the Johto season, which I didn't like at all. However, the show caught me once again during Advanced Generation, so I began watching it again.

Ben Kenobi

I remember I first got into Pokemon about 8-9 years ago. The first game I got was Red Version jointly owned by me and my younger brother and we sometimes had fights over who's turn it was.

Lily

you were the one.
I think it's been nine years. o_O My cousin introduced me to Pokemon and the rest is too blurry and vague..

Lemurian

Lady Myuu's Opposite
* counts on fingers * I was...that old...and...hmm...yeah...strange. I swear I was there when Red/Blue came to Europe, but that doesn't match my counting. So, yeah, I played R/B for ages when it came ( well, ages doesn't fit, since I played it at a friend's place, but you get the point ).

I've been there since Red came to Europe. But what year was that? I make it 7 years, but it can't be less than 8...can it?

Porygandrew

out of the (currently) 156 people who took this poll, 86% of them were around since the beginning. That really tells alot about both the quality of the series and the loyalty of the fan base (as well as a rough demographic of who's out there playing the games now).
I'm in my early 20s and I'll be playing them 10 years from now when I'm in my 30s on the Nintendo VR. :)P)

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I've been around since very close to the beginning. I watched about thirty seconds of the episode Ash caught Bulbasaur, but I didn't really start watching whole episodes until the Bill and the lighthouse one.

BTW, I was the same age as Ash, ten, when I first started watching, lol. ^^

Encyclopika

The Queen
Yep, I've been with Pokemon since the beginning, went in and out of love with it during Johto and then became highly obsessed during middle Johto when May entered her first contest, Ash got out of his second gym 'round about area.
Though, I've been around since I was 8, and that's 7 years if I'm counting properly since I'm 15 now. Oh well. O_0;

Valkyrie X

I'm proud to say that I've been into Pokémon since the very beginning. ;P A friend of mine got me into it when I was like...eight or so.

...I suddenly feel old. o.o;;

;381;ZR;380;

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Since Pokemon was introduced in North America. So basically the longest possible time for an 7/8 year old child with no drive to go onto the internet and type in 'Pokemon'.

So yeah...since the possible beginning. It's been a long time...
Heh, I still remember getting my Blue Game, choosing Bulbasaur as my first Pokemon, and nick-naming it "Planty" ;D

Ahhh, the good old days...

M

Meilos

I was a part of Pokemon since the beginning. I got a Game Boy Color when I was seven for Christmas (it was a cool one, too, it was Pokemon customized: yellow with Pikachu, Togepi, and Jigglypuff in the black part around the screen. =P), and it came with Pokemon Yellow. By the time I caught Mewtwo, I had a level 97 Pidgeot, a level 40 Pikachu, and...a level 30 everything else. ;202;

I got Blue shortly after that. Missingno. was awesome. ;)

So yeah, I've been with Pokemon since its RBY days.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
The first time I heard about Pokemon was in the second grade before it even left Japan... I watched my friend play his Blue Version on a long school trip, and Blue was the first video game I ever owned. Period. The first episode of the anime I ever saw was the one where they were lost on the island with the giant mechanical Pokemon. :p The circle is now complete: When I first got my Gameboy Color, I was but the learner. Now I am the master. >=)

I guess I'm just a Pokemaniac. o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.