• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ten years... How many were you a part of?

How long?

• Since the begining

Votes: 239 83.6%
  • Around GSC

Votes: 32 11.2%
  • Around RuSa

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Around the last 2 years

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Just recently

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

venasaurTrainer55

Started watching the anime on the fateful day: Sept 4,1998 ;384;

Seven years..

Tommo_Volbeat

Not Tommo_Scizor
Let me think about this one, about 8 or 9 years.

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
For me, it all started with the very first Nintendo Power Pokemon Power magazines that were inside the NP mags that had little fanart stuff, the UPCOMING Red/Blue game info and had comics on the first few anime episodes within each month. After that, the anime was aired on television, cards came out, collectibles and then games. I still have those magazines intact to this very day and the game that started it all for me was Blue. ;001;

R

rapidash78

a was watching tv and is saw an episode (i think the episode with the shipwreck...) i liked it and wanted to see more so...now i'm here ^^

B

BobDoily

i've been there since the beginning. Chilling out with my buds during school lunchs when it wasn't the day for football of wallball of ball hockey. Red and Blue, old school. I remember when my one friend first went off against the Elite 4, we were all so pumped.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
I got into Pokémon around the late spring/early summer of 1999. What got me into it originally was those little 2'' figures; I saw package with a little Meowth and Gengar in it and simply had to have it. ^^ And it just kind of developed from there for me. Now, I actually didn't start playing the games til a couple of years later, when I finally got off my lazy butt and bought the Silver and Blue versions.

PkmnTrainerJ

My friend's dad imported Green for him, and he showed me and then I learned Red & Blue were coming out, I got Blue, my brother got Red.

And the rest as they say, is history.

Xiang

Card-collecting-since the beginning.

Games- around GSC

Anime- beginning of Hoenn saga. :)

My mom had bought me a copy of the first Pokemon movie when i was about 5, and I found it old and dusty in my closet afterwards. That fired the fan inside. :)

TPMX

Beans backing up...
Games: The beginning, baby!
Anime: Ditto.
Cards and Magna: Holy crap, Pokemon has cards and magna?

Seiryu

Resident dragon
I've been with the games and anime since late December of 1998. Close enough to the beginning, isn't it? I never did get really into the cards or manga though...

E

English Avatarman

Mecca said:
How long have you been into it? Why? How did you get into pokemon?
I wanted a scooby-doo game but my mum got me pokemon red.

Charizard_Fire_God

*tiwts widdw head*
Not since tha beginning since it only came inta my country five years ago. Tch, but ever since I had contact with it I've been a most loyal fan, so I guess yeah you could say I was a fan from tha beginning. ^.==.^

Why? Because 'tis kewl. X3 Tch, an' because of all tha sexy Pkmn. ^.===.^

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Anime: I was 11 or 12 at the time Pokemon was introduced to a kid's entertainment show I was watching (SM:TV Live, I miss it). I was watching the first ever Pokemon episode and at the end of that, I instanly became hooked because of the humour, the actions and the emotions of the characters... and for some odd reason, for the very first time I heard it's theme song I felt a little bit of tingle. Pretty odd, that.

Games: At the same age, a friend of mine bought this and he couldn't stop talking about how great the game and I wasn't much into RPG at the time. Wanting to know that myself, I bought the game, played and guess what... same thing happened.

Now look at me, 21 years of age, own Red, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, and Emerald, writing my own fics, watched 6 pokemon movies so far... but I can't watch pokemon on TV because it doesn't show up on my TV anymore and I got crap cable! *Throws something at the nearest wall* Sorry, got a little carried away there.

Last edited:

Teehee

Ampharos=lovegasm.
Been around since it was out in Japan. Good ol Poketto Monsutaa *Pocket Monsters*. Somewhere, I have a Japanese Gold Version and Japanese Warp Point *TCG*. I thank PsiUmbreon for returning me to the Pokemon world as well. Random bus encounters are miracles...

Z

ZGDK

Well, when I was younger I always thought video games were for "cool" people, then I tried it and loved it!

Brock Phillips

Plain Trainer
I started with red/blue after they came out, and Iv'e still got the carts.

The graphics at the time seemed good and fast, but compared with nowadays, they seem slow and simple.

But I still love the old games.

Plus Iv'e still got the thought/hope that some day, when there's space where I live, that I'll get an N64, Pokemon stadium (1) and teach a (Yellow) pikachu to Surf!

Brock Phillips.

Jessie_James

I have returned!
All since 98...my first Pokemon Card a base set Weedle got me started into Pokemon a short time later...I adored Meowth, then. But now I adore all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.