• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tennis 2009 Season (ATP and WTA)

treespyro

Vintage much?
Yeah this thread is for the Game of Tennis, Both ATP and WTA

Currently the Brisbane Open, Hopman Cup, Auckland Open, Chennai and Doha Open are taking place

Anyway this is where you talk about the game of tennis and predictions, Reviews and just tennis itself

We will start up a game that takes place before the Australian Open where each user will get a random WTA and ATP player for that season (2009) and they will get points for how that player does, we can trade players as well,

If you want to take part then post that you want to take place.

Anyway at Brisbane, Berdych is thrashing Klein, 6-0, 3-0 so far

oddsok

(^^,)
Sounds like great fun.

Argh, Ana Ivanovic (my favourite female player) is playing terribly at the moment. Her game it looking very clunky. Not smooth at all. I watched her play last night and her ball toss was horrible. She was all over the place.

Last time I checked the score for her match versus Mauresmo she was down a set and 4-2 down in the second. Not looking good.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Finally :)

Here is the ballot box, Wanna pick?

Anyway Kiefer is down

Live Scores

Bartoli is on track to beat Garbin and Amelie won as well as Azarenka after trailing 5-2 in the first set

Andywoo

Banned
Ana Ivanovic (my favourite female player)

Mine too! She is just adorable.

I guess I will be watching the Aussie open. My mum is a tennis nut so she will be watching every point, of every game of every set of every match.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Yeah I don't like Ivanovic that much, Dementieva and Hantuchova, Libiski is pretty good and Wozniacki

God this names are hard to spell

Can't wait I am so going

treespyro

Vintage much?
No

A-Rod vs. Murray

Davydenko is gone, so cancel him out. Every Year there is a surprise and this time A-Rod is

oddsok

(^^,)
A-Rod? Heh, no chance. He is soooooo washed up.

Murray I agree with, but can't make up my mind on who else is looking good.

I'm a tennis nut too, love playing it a lot more than watching though.

I'm going on the 22nd. What date does it start? I keep forgetting, and can you help me figure out approx. what round it will be that I will see?

Looks like the three same people are taking over the tennis thread like the cricket thread =D

treespyro

Vintage much?
10 days to go

A-Rod? Heh, no chance. He is soooooo washed up.

I don't think so, I think he has a chance. Hewitt is washed up

Looks like the three same people are taking over the tennis thread like the cricket thread

More will follow

oddsok

(^^,)
I don't think so, I think he has a chance. Hewitt is washed up

Ok, ok maybe not quite washed up, but I don't think he's good enough anymore. Hewitt on the otherhand is definately washed up.

I've always liked Richard Gasquet. Fingers crossed he can maybe take his career somewhere, starting with the Aus Open.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Want to draw the random number know, I will as well

Anyone who enters has to get two

treespyro

Vintage much?
Actually wait until seeding

You get Two Seeded (Women and Men) and Two Non-Seeded (women and Men)

oddsok

(^^,)
Was very suprised to watch Hewitt defeat Tipsarevic, and in straight sets if you don't mind. Hewitt actually some pretty attractive tennis. I'm not a fan of the bloke, I actually don't like his attitude, but it's always good to see an Aussie win, especially since we have been so weak when it comes to tennis of late. I don't expect him to go very much further in Sydney and he won't go far in the Aussie Open.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Yeah, I like how Azarenka and Wozniacki are doing, Cornet looks good as well. Less then 20, One of them will win a Grand Slam soon

oddsok

(^^,)
The Aus Open draw came out today, the biggest first round match being Gonzalez v Hewitt. I don't give Hewitt much of a chance.

Good to see Serena lose. She hasn't been in very good form of late. I hate her attitude and her being so arrogant as to say that Jelana Jankovic doesn't deserve to be world number one, and that Serena herself should be world number one. I don't respect people who do that kind of thing.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Dellacqua is playing Hantuchova, Blake and Roddick are playing Qualifiers

Serena won't win, I predict Dementieva will win it

oddsok

(^^,)
Dementieva won the Sydney International last night. Very good match, 3 setter with some very attractive and competitive tennis. 2 wins already this year the Dementieva.

Federer wiping the court with Wawrinka at Kooyong.

EDIT: Bernard Tomic, what a champ. Great moment for Aussie tennis. A 16 year old beats a top 100 player in his first grand slam. Remarkable.

Last edited: