• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tentacool & Tentacruel! (019)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Strange episode.

Tentacruel was so big, i think it was a giant pokemon.

And Misty was so brave, great.

9/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Tentacruel was so big, i think it was a giant pokemon.

No, it was a mini-sized Pokemon that just looked big (sarcasm). It was either a giant by birth of by mutation. Maybe they mentioned it in the episode but I missed it.

Anyway cool to see Misty rescue that Horsea even though those nasty Tentacool beat it up, it was strong enough to swim to safety. I loved how it took place near the sea and that made it cool for me at least.

I didn't like that those Tentacool invaded though, it was a little too violent with all the buildings falling and whatnot. 8/10

JohnLee

No, it was a mini-sized Pokemon that just looked big (sarcasm). It was either a giant by birth of by mutation. Maybe they mentioned it in the episode but I missed it.

Anyway cool to see Misty rescue that Horsea even though those nasty Tentacool beat it up, it was strong enough to swim to safety. I loved how it took place near the sea and that made it cool for me at least.

I didn't like that those Tentacool invaded though, it was a little too violent with all the buildings falling and whatnot. 8/10

It was nice to see Misty get a Horsea. Also, it was cool to see all of the gang's pokemon work together to save the day! It was weird to see a Zubat carry another pokemon, but oh well.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
This episode wasn't too bad, I remember when I first watched it I don't think I had seen a Tentacruel in the anime before or something but I thought Tentacruel were actually that huge (I must have missed the quote Brock said when he stated they don't become that tall). That is defiantly not a Pokemon you want to see thrashing around in your town. It must have taken ages to rebuild that town (I wonder if anyone was so angry they attacked Tentacruel and it came back and destroyed it completely, there's no Horsea or Misty to save the day)

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
This episode freaked me out. It was attack of the mutant jellyfish. That old lady(think her name was Nastina) was kind of funny using all of those machine guns and rocket launchers, yet it did nothing to the giant tentacruel.

MeowMix

We gotta cook
That lady is scary. Seriously.

G50

No longer posting
I liked this episode. It was very cool seeing Misty catch Horsea, the way she caught and posed was very amusing. That crazy lady is wacko! Man that giant Tentacreul was huge!

68/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
This episode was a little disturbing...that Nastina always creeped me out, especially by the fact that she had all those servants wearing nothing but skimpy little speedos. O__o
And the part where Tentacruel was using Meowth as a puppet always disturbed me. I found it a little scary.

GalladeX

This episode was a little disturbing...that Nastina always creeped me out, especially by the fact that she had all those servants wearing nothing but skimpy little speedos. O__o

It's creepy because one of them looks a lot like Falkner. :U

I feel bad for the Tentacruel. It never reverted back to normal size, so it can never live a normal Tentacruel life. :c

Aquarelle

Staff member
It's creepy because one of them looks a lot like Falkner. :U

Oh my god it actually does sort of look like him! Hmmm.....!
I think one of them sort of looks like Bugsy too, the hair's similar...

And does anyone else think that the ones with long hair look like girls? O__o

This episode was cool. That Tentacruel was huge! Cool Misty caught a new Pokemon which was Horsea.

You can't exactly call Horsea "new", but whatever. I liked the episode, but that old lady is scary. o_o

Vernikova

Champion
I thought this episode was funny up until the point where Meowth had his mind taken over. It's not that I like Meowth but I just felt that it kind of got boring after that point. It's probably because we had to learn a lesson instead of getting to see the Tentacool and Tentacruel getting defeated in battle. I guess it would've seemed impossible if they did beat it though considering that it was just destroying buildings effortlessly.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Loved this episode, even though the idea of Tentacruels smashing up buildings does seem a bit drastic. The old lady was also quite extreme and just scary in general. The part where the Meowth was being controlled actually was a bit creeperish. I didn't really like that part!
Misty catching Horsea was great. ;3 Much better than any of Ash's captures. I also like how Misty was able to connect with the Tentacruel and Tentacool. She was one brave Pokémon girl!

Misty getting Horsea was so cute, and when it made an ink drawing of Tentacool and Tentacruel as well! And I don't see what's wrong with Tentacool and Tentacruel, they are nice Pokemon, I agree with Misty. Meowth is a great marionette. Cool episode, 9/10.

7threst

Pretty much another over-the-top story. You don't see cities getting attacked by a massive Pokémon army anymore. The message of this episode was pretty understandable, but I did annoy myself at the character of the day. I can understand it can be funny, but she was so stupid and ignominious, it became just disgraceful. But I digress because the rest of the episode was really good and I most say that my impression of this S.S Anne arc is really positive.

Blessed

Excellent episode, Misty could have easily just freaked out and done nothing, but she went out of her way to make sure they would not be injured by Nastina. Despite Ash grabbing her away, Misty sneaks off to the roof of a building on her own and pleads Tentacruel to stop the attack on Porta Vista. She convinces Tentracruel not all humans are like Nastina. Let’s consider the fact that she’s 10 and knows very well she could have easily died if Tentacruel didn’t see her sincerity. All of her pokemon were out rescuing people except for Horsea and she knew Horsea was injured beforehand. Ash and Brock had no idea Misty disappeared in the process and were shocked to find her standing at the top of a building. She saved the entire city from becoming the next Atlantis. This, ladies and gentlemen is why I love Misty.

This episode confused the hell out of me when I was younger because I didn't see the one before it.