• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tentacool & Tentacruel! (019)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
For a message episode, this one was really good. There's lots of dramatic tension, a good amount of comedy with Nastina, and it delivers a powerful message about respecting the environment. Too bad this episode was banned after September 11, but at least I have it on VHS.

I still don't get Misty's love for tentacruels, though. :p

Bling King

Doesn't post often
Sorry for digging this thread up, but I want to know something. My dad says that this was not shown anymore because Nastina's henchmen looked topless women. I don't think this, but I want to know what you guys think.

TeddiUrsa

this episodes isn´t shown anymore? In which countries? because I saw it a while ago.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode is still shown. It's just that we don't get ANY Kanto episodes anymore, so this and the rest of Kanto haven't been seen in ages.

Bling King

Doesn't post often
4Kids doesn't show this anymore because of the 9/11-ish skyscraper destruction. My dad thinks differently. All I want to know is if you guys think he could be somewhat right.

Magus

Fog Trainer
I think the first time this episode was pulled was right after 9/11. So the destroyed skycraper seems more likely to me.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Bling King said:
4Kids doesn't show this anymore because of the 9/11-ish skyscraper destruction. My dad thinks differently. All I want to know is if you guys think he could be somewhat right.
Whatever gave you the impression that it was up to 4Kids to decide what episodes to air?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Bling King said:

I repeat, the entire first season doesn't air on TV anymore. It's hard to tell which episodes still air and which don't when everything pre-Master Quest hasn't aired on TV in ages.

Bling King

Doesn't post often
Heracross said:
Whatever gave you the impression that it was up to 4Kids to decide what episodes to air?

I meant Kids WB. Don't get so moody about it.

When Kids WB did show the first season in order, they always left this episode out.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Bling King said:

It is still showed on TV, it wasn't cancelled at all.

Bling King

Doesn't post often
Lupin said:
It is still showed on TV, it wasn't cancelled at all.

I only saw it twice on Cartoon Network(back when they had it) before it was removed too.

Nevermore916

Sucks we don't get any kanto episodes anymore, they are soooo much better than advanced. How often do we see buildings getting destroyed by a giant angry pokemon bent on destruction. Misty's speech was awesome and reminds me of how much i miss her.

(Didn't this first premiere in the U.S. on UPN?)

JONNO.FRESH

This epi was ok. Tentacool/cruel where kool. The whole thing about the Huge Tentacruel was pretty dumb imo but this epi had Horsea in it so it passed imo. 4/10

Maestro Kinético

Sucks we don't get any kanto episodes anymore, they are soooo much better than advanced. How often do we see buildings getting destroyed by a giant angry pokemon bent on destruction. Misty's speech was awesome and reminds me of how much i miss her.

(Didn't this first premiere in the U.S. on UPN?)

Agree with you, we need more drama.

I loved this episode, it had such a good message. I feel like Pokemon episodes don't have messages anymore, appart from 'wear horrible clothes'.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Wow, this was actually the first Pokemon episode I ever seen in my entire life. For some reason I kept catching to this episode back then, but this episode sparked for me in the interest in Pokemon. I used to think Tentcruel was that gigantic until I found out why it was that big. And this episode got me so into Misty since at the time I was more interested on the female roles than the male.

Too bad it doesn't play much anymore, I can't wait until I get the Boxset to watch it again. I believe it was the first time that a Pokemon used Meowth a puppet to translate for the humans. But awesome eppie!