• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tentacool & Tentacruel! (019)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Tentacool & Tentacruel!

Now at Porta Vista, Misty find a Horsea who warns of Tentacools & Tentacruels. It turns out that there is a flock of Tentacool stopping construction of an amusement park. When TR tries to stop them, a Giant Tentacruel is born and it starts destroying the city. Can it be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

This was a very exciting episode when the Tentacruel and all of the Tentacool started wrecking the city. That lady was EXTREMILY ugle (Nastina?)
I felt really sorry for Horsea at the start of the episode but I'm happy that it wanted to go along with Misty ^_^

thed3

Bow Chicka Bow Wow!
I have NEVER seen this episode... I really wanted to see it too because all of the groups pokemon battle... Darnit!!!

H

Hales

I thought Horsea was really cute... my problem was after this episode Horsea was hardly ever used... then Misty was forced to give her to her sisters.. but that's for another thread.

I agree that Nastina was ugly... but then again doesn't she have an identical cousin or something (all I know is that the episode she was in I've never seen)

M

meggirl63

That episode was a like a sci-fi monster movie!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Old Coot
I might wanna add in before anyone mentions it, no this episode is NOT banned.

M

Mistystar89

I liked this episode. Misty got Horsea (yay) and this sure was an exciting episode to watch! ^_^

this was the first episode i saw in japanese. it thought the men serving Nastina was very funny as why that would be in a kids show or even 4kids allow it to air is beyond be but it was an entertaining episode of the St. Anne arc.

O

Ororo Munroe

This is one of my favorite episode. Misty catches Horsea which is a cool Pokemon and I like how she stood up to Tentacruel and it listened to her.

O

Omega II

I like this episode because i love that scene where Pikachu,Bulbasaur and Squirtle go aboard Pidgeotto,BUtterfree and Zubat. That is all... =D

F

Factory Head Noland

I was thinking of this today, I think this episode should have been called "It's a Tentacruel World" because it's title is bad...

T

Trendy_boy87

Omega II said:
I like this episode because i love that scene where Pikachu,Bulbasaur and Squirtle go aboard Pidgeotto,BUtterfree and Zubat. That is all... =D

i remeber this episode and even today it bugs me that zubat could carry squirtle without any hands or legs

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Pokemonisgr8 said:
I was thinking of this today, I think this episode should have been called "It's a Tentacruel World" because it's title is bad...

Keep in mind, this was before they started using cheap puns in the dub titles (I don't think the trend began until "Primeape Goes Bananas").

One of the few Season 1 episodes I never got to see. And it had nothing to do with Kids' WB suspending it - I just had really crappy timing. But the plot seems a bit too far-fetched for my tastes anyway - you know me, I prefer those "grounded in reality" episodes (as grounded as they can get on a show like this, anyway).

Medea

Excalibur
I know for a fact that Kids WB never aired this episode because in the episode there is destruction of buildings in (sort of) relation to 9/11. What I'm confused about is why Kids WB never aired this even before the attacks of 9/11? See I watched Pokemon a lot before the attacks and I did not even see this episode once.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
medea10 said:
I know for a fact that Kids WB never aired this episode because in the episode there is destruction of buildings in (sort of) relation to 9/11. What I'm confused about is why Kids WB never aired this even before the attacks of 9/11? See I watched Pokemon a lot before the attacks and I did not even see this episode once.

This episode has definitely aired on KidsWB, so you're mistaken. It aired plenty of times before 9/11, when Pokemon was aired at 7am and 4pm.

So for a "Fact" you're dead wrong. I wish I had schedules saved from 1999 and 2000, because "Tentacool and Tentacruel" aired on KidsWB plenty of times. Just because you never happened to see it on TV, doesn't mean KidsWB never aired it.

Odd how the Jynx episode(not Holiday Hi-Jynx) is banned, but not this one. Meh, it was pretty good. Horsea was adorable, and it gave some limelight to some of the most under-appreciated Pokémon ever. I was thinking 'o_O' when Misty said how she loved the Tentacruel. I loved Meowth as a marionette, that was funny(makes me wonder if I can make my Tentacool do that*shakes it* "Work, WORK!!!"). Misty's little speech was great, too, very emotional. And, although it's rarely ever seen, I loved Horsea.

Overall rating:
9.3 out of 10!!!
A great filler from Kanto(one of few). Very Sci-Fi, but I liked it.

SC~ out

T

Trendy_boy87

medea10 said:

lmao this epp was shown in england like a year or 2 beofre 9/11 so america must have had it on i rember this episode well it was nice misty shows some of her true colours in this episode

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
It was aired in America before 9/11, it must've been since at that time America was currently showing the Johto Journey's season. Say what like over 100 episodes after?

cold_katanagirl

Link Master
Huh, I loved this episode. It really made me respect Misty.

Wasn't this episode scheduled to air around 9/11 but then was put on hiatus for a little bit in the US? I can't remember...

Off topic - Sharpshooter, I read your sig for the first time (I had been avoiding it). That's just... wrong. -_-

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
This episode is awsome. Tentacool & Tentcruel completley decimate the city with hyper Beam(can wild tentacool/cruel learn it?). And Misty is right, Tentacruel is adorable(I think every pokemon is adorable, even Banette). But this wasn't the best way to introduce these pokemon, except Horsea. I always think of the Tentas to be very destructive and violent pokemon now. Horsea was like that one dude in every horror movie that says "Godzilla wil return! Prepare for tragedy!"