• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tentative online team

Nobody's Nerd

Electric Engine
Some standard sets from Smogon, some of my own creation… Just tell me whether it sucks or not and where to improve.

Umbreon @ Lefties
Bold
Synchronize
252 HP/ 124 Def/ 124 Sp. Def/ 4 Spd

Charm/ Mean Look
Wish
Toxic
Protect/ Baton Pass

I debated about whether stalling or trap passing would be better. Obviously, Protect would be perfect for the former, with Charm minimizing damage taken on the non-Protected turns, but smogon’s trap passing set looked tantalizing as well. Any other thoughts? Either way, Umbreon is here for walling and whittling down the opponent.

Starmie @ Lefties
Timid
Natural Cure
160 HP / 132 SpA / 216 Spe

T-Bolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Rapid Spin

With Wish support, I figured it would be a good idea to forgo Recover to use the full Bolt-Beam combo. Starmie also fills its niche as a Spinner, with good special atttacks for Garchomp and others.

Gliscor @ Lefties/CB (Again?!)
Jolly/Adamant
Hyper Cutter
252 HP/ 126 ATK/ 126 DEF

Aerial Ace
Stealth Rock/ Fire Fang
EQ
Roost/ X Scissor

With the aforementioned Pokémon being Heracross-weak, I decided on Gliscor to counter Hera and give SR support. AA is therefore necessary, and EQ is a solid attack anyway. I also included a possible CB set I really like. With CB, Gliscor has a nice bit of power, and it resists attacks pretty well, too, though its speed is less than amazing.

Togekiss @ Lefties
Calm
Serene Grace
252 HP/ 208 Sp. Def/ 44 Speed

Body Slam
Air Slash
Roost
Safeguard

Safeguard provides status resistance to the entire party. Otherwise, this is the standard paraflinch hax set, I believe.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Adamant
Motor Drive
4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 Speed

T-Punch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
EQ

Physical attacker. I didn't have anyone else specifically geared to attacking physically (assuming I don't use Gliscor with CB). I'm looking for replacements for Vire as well as my next 'mon.

Magmortar @ Leftovers
Timid
Flame Body
84 HP/ 252 Sp. ATK/ 172 Speed

-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Will-O-Wisp
-Taunt

Support/Special attacking. Again, I'm looking for better alternatives to take this spot.

Help, please?

Last edited:

Miror F.

Grasshoppah
Some standard sets from Smogon, some of my own creation… Just tell me whether it sucks or not and where to improve.

Umbreon @ Lefties
Bold
Synchronize
252 HP/ 124 Def/ 124 Sp. Def/ 4 Spd

Charm/ Mean Look
Wish
Toxic
Protect/ Baton Pass

I debated about whether stalling or trap passing would be better. Obviously, Protect would be perfect for the former, with Charm minimizing damage taken on the non-Protected turns, but smogon’s trap passing set looked tantalizing as well. Any other thoughts?

Someday soon, people will realize how bad Umbreon is. If you insist on using it, I'd stay with Mean Look/Protect.

Starmie @ Lefties
Timid
Natural Cure

T-Bolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Rapid Spin

With Wish support, I figured it would be a good idea to forgo Recover to use the full Bolt-Beam combo.

You can't rely on Umbreon for wishing whenever you happen to need it, drop an attack for Recover

Gliscor @ Lefties/CB (Again?!)
Jolly/Adamant
Hyper Cutter
252 HP/ 126 ATK/ 126 DEF

Aerial Ace
Stealth Rock/ Fire Fang
EQ
Roost/ X Scissor

With the aforementioned Pokémon being Heracross-weak, I decided on Gliscor to counter Hera and give SR support. AA is therefore necessary, and EQ is a solid attack anyway. I also included a possible CB set I really like.

Gliscor should never tempt itself with a CB, there's better things for the job. He does just fine with AA / EQ / Roost / Ice Fang.

Togekiss @ Lefties
Calm
Serene Grace

Body Slam
Air Slash
Roost
Safeguard

Safeguard provides status resistance to the entire party. Otherwise, this is the standard paraflinch hax set, I believe.

No, standard Paraflinch is ThunderWave over Body Slam. 100 > 60, you know that.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Adamant
Motor Drive
4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 Speed

T-Punch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
EQ

Physical attacker.

Nothing to say, but MixVire is really better :/

Magmortar @ Leftovers
Timid
Flame Body
84 HP/ 252 Sp. ATK/ 172 Speed

-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Will-O-Wisp
-Taunt

Support/Special attacking.

Mortar isn't sturdy enough for Lefties to help him too much. Sadly, he doesn't have much use at all in OU, except Choice Scarfers work alright. I'd look for something to replace this guy, perhaps a Specs Lucario.

The last two were last second picks, really. There's gotta be some glaring weakness I don't see. The obvious problem being that I don't see it, of course.

Help, please?

Comments in bold.

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
You lack a special wall. For a special wall, Blissey would be ideal, since you are moderately weak to Gengar and Alakazam. Give Blissey a Aromatherapy set, and drop Safegaurd on Togekiss. The standard Togekiss would work better than your Togekiss on this team. Gliscor should use the Leftovers set (Choice Band on a wall? Shocking!) and Umbreon should be a Mean Look Passer.

Nobody's Nerd

Electric Engine
All @ MirorF:

Umbreon- Anytime I've seen Umbreon in action, he soaks up hits and walls most of what gets thrown at him. (This not including Hera or other strong fighting types). Doesn't having Protect in place of Baton Pass kind of defeat the purpose of having Mean Look in the first place?

Starmie- I'm still considering adding Recover. Which would you suggest removing? Ice Beam is there for common dragons, who could take out some of my Pokemon (Chomp's EQ on Vire or Mortar, for example). I think I may take it over T-Bolt if I keep Vire.

Gliscor- If you suggest keeping Roost over my CB set, I'll definitely consider it. I'm not sure why Ice Fang, though? Wouldn't SR be better for support?

Togekiss- With the threat of Electivire switching in on a Thunder Wave, isn't Body Slam the more favorable option? It's got 100% accuracy and can paralyze Ground-types as well, which is quite a bit over Thunder Wave. 60% chance of paralysis is still a good chance, and I believe it's actually a better chance than T-Wave hitting.

Electivire- If I don't decide on a better Pokemon for this slot, I may replace T-Punch with T-Bolt, though I'd rather not have to split the EVs.

Magmortar- Specs Lucario fits the bill nicely.

Lucario @ CSpecs
Inner Focus
Modest
4 HP/252 Sp. ATK/252 Spd
-Aura Sphere
-Psychic
-Dragon Pulse
-Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse

I think Shadow Ball will be better than Dark Pulse for the Sp. Def lowering, but do you have any opinions on that? Otherwise, there's not much else a Specs Lucario can do, except switch in on some nasty Pokemon, like certain Ice-types that might give Gliscor or Togekiss a hastle.

@Blue_Ditto: Blissey sounds like a good idea. I may even consider dropping Togekiss for Blissey, since Kiss doesn't seem to fill much of a niche at this point.

Last edited:

Miror F.

Grasshoppah
Lucario @ Choice Specs
Steadfast
Timid
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-HP [Fire] / [Ice] / [Electric]
-Vacuum Wave

Dark Pulse means your sweep doesn't stop when they whip out the Normal types. Hidden Power gives you excellent coverage, but the type is up to you. Fire hits Bronzong, Forry, Skarmory, and friends. Ice hits Dragons, Grounds, Grasses... all kindsa stuff. Meanwhile Electric punishes Gyarados and Skarmory.
Vacuum Wave gives you priority, and it still hits real hard.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Umbreon- Anytime I've seen Umbreon in action, he soaks up hits and walls most of what gets thrown at him. (This not including Hera or other strong fighting types). Doesn't having Protect in place of Baton Pass kind of defeat the purpose of having Mean Look in the first place?

Mean Look is incredibly over-rated. Sure Umbreon can take hits, but fails to do anything to te things it comes in on, you attempt a Mean Look, only to see that yore opponent has switched in their: Heracross, Lucario,or Machamp, then Umbreon switches out with its tail between its legs before it can attempt a Baton Pass.

And no Mean Look doest defeat Baton Pass' purpose, you can still Baton Pass Wishes so your team members dont take a hit before Wish recovery kicks in.

I'd just get rid of Umbreon for a special wall that actually works. Cresselia, Blissey, Snorlax and to a lesser extent Regice, can all take hits and actually dish them out on the pokes they counter

Starmie- I'm still considering adding Recover. Which would you suggest removing? Ice Beam is there for common dragons, who could take out some of my Pokemon (Chomp's EQ on Vire or Mortar, for example). I think I may take it over T-Bolt if I keep Vire.

No Ice Beam, Starmie 2HKOs most Garchomp nowadays, despite its significant EV investment in S.Atk, Yache Berry which is now a staple on all Garchomp weakens it, while Chomp happily SDs and gets in an Outrage and proceeds to sweep. T-Bolt is needed for countering Gyarados, which is comfortably in it's realm of performing
Gliscor- If you suggest keeping Roost over my CB set, I'll definitely consider it. I'm not sure why Ice Fang, though? Wouldn't SR be better for support?

Gliscor should be walling, it fails as a sweeper, especially since it is walled so easily

Electivire- If I don't decide on a better Pokemon for this slot, I may replace T-Punch with T-Bolt, though I'd rather not have to split the EVs.

All physical Electivire is very easily stopped, as opposed to Mixed Electiviure sets

@Blue_Ditto: Blissey sounds like a good idea. I may even consider dropping Togekiss for Blissey, since Kiss doesn't seem to fill much of a niche at this point.

Blissey > Umbreon, Togekiss actually does something useful for the team and can also learn Wish as well.

Nobody's Nerd

Electric Engine
New Improved Team?

@ Blue Ace- With Umbreon, I didn't mean that having Mean Look defeats the purpose of having Baton Pass, I meant that having Protect instead of Baton Pass will render Mean Look rather useless.

So, where I'm at now then is:

Starmie @ Lefties
Timid
Natural Cure
-T-Bolt
-Recover
-Surf
-Rapid Spin

Gliscor @ Lefties
Jolly
Hyper Cutter
252 HP/ 126 ATK/ 126 DEF
-Aerial Ace
-Stealth Rock
-EQ
-Roost

Togekiss @ Lefties
Calm
Serene Grace
-Body Slam
-Air Slash
-Roost??
-Wish

Aura Sphere over Roost if I use Wish? Or should I keep it there anyway?

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Mild
Motor Drive
76 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe

T-Bolt
Flamethrower
Cross Chop
Ice Punch

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Steadfast
Timid
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-HP (Ice)
-Vacuum Wave

I'll never like the odds of getting HP Ice. Did I mention this team was for Wi-fi?

Blissey @ Lefties
Serene Grace
Bold
252 HP/252 DEF/ 4 Spd
-Aromatherapy
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
-Thunder Wave

Thanks to Blue_Ditto. It will take the heat from Gengar and Alakazam, who hurt other parts of my team, plus the new addition, Lucario, if they carry Focus Blast.

Headshot-Jackal465

The Kwisatz Haderach
I respect umbreon users more than Blissey...Blissey = unoriginal, uninspired. If you can use umbreon correctly and have proper prediction and proper knowledge of what people will do, I maintain that you can trap-kill half a team with mean-passing.

EDIT: I don't mean to be bashing guys who wanna use blissey...I just get a little frustrated when peoople shoot-down new ideas--that is--ideas about having different pokemon than the standard salamence/skarmbliss set.

But on the other hand, hera tears through him and there are a lot of powerful bug/fighting moves out there now...last generatiuon he was ballin, but now not as much.

If you keep him, go
bold
-baton pass
-mean look
-wish
-toxic/taunt

Last edited:

Nobody's Nerd

Electric Engine
I respect umbreon users more than Blissey...Blissey = unoriginal, uninspired. If you can use umbreon correctly and have proper prediction and proper knowledge of what people will do, I maintain that you can trap-kill half a team with mean-passing.

EDIT: I don't mean to be bashing guys who wanna use blissey...I just get a little frustrated when peoople shoot-down new ideas--that is--ideas about having different pokemon than the standard salamence/skarmbliss set.

But on the other hand, hera tears through him and there are a lot of powerful bug/fighting moves out there now...last generatiuon he was ballin, but now not as much.

If you keep him, go
bold
-baton pass
-mean look
-wish
-toxic/taunt

That's basically where I was at first, and I may still end up using him anyway, just because I do really like Umbreon and I want a little originality on my team. Do you have any other suggestions on other parts of the team?