• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Terminator Salvation

MattZ2007

In that area, you have the Superior vena cava, aorta, brachiocephalic arteries, axillary arteries, pulmonary arteries and veins, all of the smaller ones, the heart, and the lungs. A piercing through the chest in that area will kill someone in one to five minutes at most. Unless it goes exactly through the upper center, and right in the V shaped space between the two Brachiocephalic arteries. That would be the area with the highest chance of survival.

Xepko

Good visual effects aside, I found the film horrible. It has an insipid plot similar to that of a clichéd action adventure video game. Its characters are also boring and do not have any depth whatsoever. Cannot forget about its ending, which is cheesy beyond belief. The film would have been better if Connor had died.

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
I’m seriously so pleasantly surprised by the quality of Terminator Salvation; I mean it’s not as though I even disliked Terminator 3 but the newest chapter surpassed the third instalment in my opinion. It had brilliant pace, consistent action and paid homage to the previous films, such as John on the doped up motorbike listening to Guns N Roses like in T2, but still managed to enhance and develop the storyline to a suitable degree. I’ve got to commend the special effects, action scenes and general backdrops of burnt out cities like long forsaken labyrinths of steel girders; it really reminded of that dark set up from the earlier films, such a grim apocalyptic future. So I really have zero sympathy for the reviewers who have given Terminator Salvation such negative comments because I fail to understand what exactly they expect… I mean yeah, topping T2 is going to be near impossible but Salvation has lived up to the expectations and legacy of the franchise.

My only criticisms are quite minor, like its such a shame Arnie himself didn’t appear, bit it’s fair enough using a bodybuilder with a similar physique to him 25 years ago, but the CGI face was a bit weak, only questionable special effects I can remember. Christian Bale isn’t a bad actor at all, but I feel as though his performance took a slight back seat role to Sam Worthington, who was all together more interesting I reckon. Bale didn’t get as much screen time as I assumed he would to be honest.

Salvation is a poor film. Its only highlight is Arnold's brief cameo towards the end. It has an uniteresting plot without any originality. Its characters also lack depth and personality, making them unappealing. Furthermore, its ending is corny. The film would have turned out half decent if Connor died and Marcus lived.

Overall, 2/10.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
The movie was horrible. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hated it.

Salvation is a poor film. Its only highlight is Arnold's brief cameo towards the end. Overall, 2/10.

Not to mention that John Connor doesn't even react to it. I would think after everything he'd been through with the other two T-100s, he'd get at least a little emotional.

The other big thing I didn't like (which was very hard for me to get over) was the way they dealt with Kyle Reese. For someone that becomes the hero of the first movie, they really downplayed his character. He seemed to be building a bit of a storyline, but it just doesn't go anywhere and halfway through the movie, it's like they forget all about him.

PsychicPsycho

I liked the movie. I've always wanted to see the fight against the terminators in the future. The arnold-bot was a nice addition. Although I was afraid that they were just going to loop back to the first movie. Like conner would get in trouble during the fight, and have to send Kyle back right then, and since arnold was right there he'd follow him back to the past, effectively bringing everything back to the way it was at the start of the first movie. But they didn't, so I was happy. Although I was disappointed that blowing up that facility didn't do more.

As for that comment about me never seeing a movie before, well, do explain what you mean. Cause it doesn't make sense.
Not to put words in his mouth, but I think he's implying that such irrational/impossible things are simply part of movies, and for you not to know that would mean you haven't seen a movie.

Although I agree with you; I was surprised that he lived. I was equally surprised that the arnold-nator wasn't destroyed by the molten metal. In T2, both the good and bad robots were killed with molten metal, and I'd think this terminator would be less advanced and more prone to melting.

Calm PokeMaster

It was stupid.What an idiotic film.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i havn't seen it myself yet but according to a friend of mine it is not bad.
i doubt it will be as good as the last one but everything is better then frankenswamped or whatever it's name was.

P-head

I detest Terminator: Salvation. It has a poor plot akin to that of an unoriginal action adventure video game. Its characters also lack personality. As a result, they are boring and unlikable. Furthermore, it has a horrid ending. If Connor had died and Marcus had lived, the film would have been less cheesy. However, Arnold's brief cameo at the end was good, though Connor's lack of reaction to seeing him was disappointing.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Terminator: Salvation a 1/10. It makes The House of the Dead film look like a masterpiece.