• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Terminator Salvation

What did you think of the movie Terminator Salvation? I thought it stunk the story line was just boring to me.

Indy

WAT
I saw it lastnight.

I liked the movie, though. Losta action and a big *** robot to keep my intrest up. To eahc of their own, though.

latios reborn

It's during the war how could it be boring?

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
I though the visual effects were great, Bale and that other dude performed very well, and the CGI 'Ah-nold' who didn't talk were definite pluses. On the flip side, there was no surprise factor in finding out the dude was a robot, the ending was cheesy beyond belief, and Connor takes a stake through the center of his chest and remains alive and awake for several hours afterward.

Was it worth the ticket? I think so. But I wouldn't want to see it in theaters again.

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
I saw it lastnight.

I liked the movie, though. Losta action and a big *** robot to keep my intrest up. To eahc of their own, though.

Hey! that's what a Pokemon movie needs!

Anyway, I watched the trailer today and it looked pretty impressive.

MattZ2007

The only reason why people probably wouldn't like it would be:
1. The ending
and 2. Too high expectations (the bane of many movies)

I thought it was good, but why didn't Ah-nuld see the explosive charges that Connor placed?

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Apparently the original ending would have had Conner dying and having the android put on his skin. Afterwords they'd have the resistance come see him just to have the android shot them all up. The end. Skynet wins.
Chessy ending was better considering the continuity screw up we'd have. And it is possible to take a stake through the center of the chest and live. No vitals were hit. The heart is on one side of the chest and the lungs weren't pierced.

Dattebayo

Banned
I thought the movie was great, the only problem I had with the film was Bale's role as Conner. Every time he talks in his serious voice, it keeps reminding me of his role as the Dark Knight.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
What did you think of the movie Terminator Salvation? I thought it stunk the story line was just boring to me.

What. The only downside was it ran out of momentum at the end; other than that, it was well-structured, well-plotted and had all the right beats. Also, IT HAD THE T-600'S. What more could you want?

SmartD

I saw the movie yesterday, it's really awesome. Christian Bale is great doing John Conner, although most of the movie he sounded like Batman. The plot was good too.

pichu96

I might go see it. Hope it's not as bad as you guys are saying

Cobalt_Latios

I've been thinking of seeing this. I'm actually kind of glad this movie didn't come out later...

Anyhow, I'll probably see this sometime soon. Considering it's the last of the major May movies I've wanted to see (somehow, I saw almost all of the ones I wanted to see this time. Last year, not so much).

*C_L*

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I wanted to know; how much of the negative response is generated by the big Terminator fans who can't handle slight mistakes?

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
It's not that the film was poorly directed or the performances were bad. The film was well directed and the performances were fantastic. But the story was so obvious, and everything that happened was expected. The ending was cheesy too.

And whoever said Connor could have survived that stake is nuts. You can't honestly tell me that after being run clean through your chest with a metal stake by an advanced robot designed to kill, you'll live long enough to be evacuated to a safe place to get a heart transplant, and stay awake through it all. That stake would have hit something, and even if it missed his spine and vital organs, he would have bled to death.

Outlawz

I'm a slasher!
It's not that the film was poorly directed or the performances were bad. The film was well directed and the performances were fantastic. But the story was so obvious, and everything that happened was expected. The ending was cheesy too.

And whoever said Connor could have survived that stake is nuts. You can't honestly tell me that after being run clean through your chest with a metal stake by an advanced robot designed to kill, you'll live long enough to be evacuated to a safe place to get a heart transplant, and stay awake through it all. That stake would have hit something, and even if it missed his spine and vital organs, he would have bled to death.

Evidently you've never seen a movie before.

Josiah

is your favorite

Are you a doctor? Besides, this guy's doing fine.

Rave

Banned
I think the film was interesting.

It wasn't very bad really, as it takes on a different feel to the Terminator series.

Mostly liked the movie because of Marcus Wright's character. He made the movie good. Didn't really care for John Conner.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Are you a doctor? Besides, this guy's doing fine.

No, I'm no doctor. But, forgive me if this seems a rather poor source, after watching the whole season of Deadliest Warrior on Spike and hearing from a trauma doctor exactly the damage these kind of wounds do, I have very little doubt that Connor wouldn't have survived.

Aside from the fact that the stake would have introduced contaminates into his body and caused more damage after being pulled out, he was stabbed by a T-800 iirc, which would have, to roughly quote Arnold from one of the earlier movies, "extensive knowledge of the human body" and therefore would have attacked in a way that would result in the death of Connor.

Looking at all the factors, I can't really say he would have made it.

As for that comment about me never seeing a movie before, well, do explain what you mean. Cause it doesn't make sense.