• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Terra Raids: A Plea

Bus

I know its not everyone, but please consider very CAREFULLY the pokemon you should bring it to a raid. Getting KO'ed really knocks a chunk of time off the clock for these 5 star raids and its super clear people aren't understanding Terrastralizing at all. I'm going to use the raid I'm having trouble with now as an example because NOBODY seems to be able to counter pick properly.

5 Star DRAGON Terra'd Gallade

Being Terra'd means you now have a third STAB (or a super STAB if you already share a type with it). In this case, that means Gallade now is DEFENSIVELY Dragon Type and has STAB with FIGHTING, PSYCHIC, and DRAGON.

So for the love of God, please stop bringing in your Paradox Salamance and Baxcalibur into the fight and do not bring Chien-Pao of all pokemon! The thing is Dark/Ice; its quad weak to Fighting and you're getting 1-shot over and over!

Please consider what the pokemon will likely have as a moveset when going into these raids and going for a counter pick. Most of the time, they won't even have a move to benefit from the type they're Terra'ing to. I've only seen an Eevee use Terrablast once; I dont even know if the other pokemon can use Terrablast; they have been sticking to their own types. In Gallade's case, it means he's got Psychic and Fighting moves at the ready to destroy your Dark types and Baxcalibur since the poor thing is weak to Fighting and a whole ton of other elements.

I've failed 4x now since I can't do it alone and people are constantly bringing Pokemon that are weak to Gallade's moveset and not taking it into consideration. Like I said, I know not everyone needs to hear this, but I think some people really need to hear it to understand how Terrastralizing works and to really consider what Pokemon to bring so they don't bring a useless pokemon that just ends up halving the Raid time because they keep getting KO'ed repeatedly.

Kasumi_Goto

The fact that only 45 people have seen this is criminal. I've been in 5* and 6* Tera Raids where people will bring Dragon types against something just because it's Dragon Tera, doesn't matter if it's Hatterne or Grimmsnarl. They'll bring Iron Hands against ground types, just because it's a Rock Tera.

People need to factor in that they can't get carried in 5 star and above raids. That they can't just face roll this with their legendary or some build they found on the internet. If they do not consider the pokemon's original typing in addition to trying to be offensively good against the Tera type, all they're going to succeed in is making sure that 3 other people fail.

I'm terrified of the prospect of doing the Charizard event because of this. People already bring bad matchups and low level pokemon to 5*(Level 75) and 6*(Level 90), what's stopping them from doing that against the 7* Charizard with a possible level 100 and a very possible, knowing Game Freak's love of the thing... 600 BST.