• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Terrakion and our Love/Hate Realtionship

Yellow De Viridian Grove

This team was built upon one of the scariest Pokemon to ever exist: CB Terrakion. With its great coverage with just it's STABs and enough power to 2HKO Skamory AND Gliscor, this thing is just scary to switch into. I've seen it deal 32% to Lucario with Stone Edge, a FOUR TIMES resisted move! I hate Terrakion because it is really hard to switch into sometimes is just really fast, even with Adamant, and this is why I built a team around him. Changes will be in bold. Without further ado, onto the team.

639.gif

Obviously I had to start off with Terrakion. I hate him so much, however he is such a big threat in this metagame it isn't even funny. Add a Choice Band and he just kills everything.

462.gif
639.gif

Next I added a Magnezone because of one reason really: Scizor. Mag traps and OHKO's Scizor with HP[Fire]. It is also a surefire way to make sure Skarm is dead if I don't want to risk Terrakion as a +1 (due to defense drop) BB hurts. Magnezone also traps things like Forretress and is another way to beat Ferrothorn.

227.gif
113.gif
462.gif
639.gif

I wanted a defensive core that could weaken the opponents and Chansey and Skarmory do just that. Skarmory provides Spikes support while Chansey provides SR. Chansey is an odd pokemon to have SR on, but it is handy for switches. She also gives Wish support in case Terrakion had to come out earlier or if I mispredicted.

380.gif
227.gif
113.gif
462.gif
639.gif

Latias was selected to help patch up the horrendous fighting and ground weakness I had. She provides a second source of Wish and provides much needed TWave support.

094.gif
380.gif
227.gif
113.gif
462.gif
639.gif

Gengar was added as the last member of my offensive core and on my team. He provides much needed immunities to fighting and ground type attacks while putting an offensive twist to it.

094.gif
149.gif
227.gif
113.gif
462.gif
639.gif

I wanted to try out Dragonite on this team. He has similar resistances as Latias, while still resisting fighting and being immune to ground, and has Multi-Scale. With TWave, Roost, and Substitute, he can troll teams on his own and with Spikes and SR up, he can easily weaken a team before a terrakion sweep. He is not to be taken lightly and, with Multi-Scale up, it can even paralyze and start trolling on this like Starmie, Politoad, and other things that usually force him out.

149.gif

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail

Dragonite is a major pain to play against and this set just trolls and trolls. With Thunder Wave and Substitute, he can easily wall many threats that would normally KO him like Starmie for example. He can tak an Ice Beam with Multy-Scale, Paralyze and then proceed to Roost+Substitute Stall untill Starmie cannot move due to TWave and then start DTail Spamming. He is a great pokemon to Phaze and is really good at his job. With Spikes and SR on the field, he can easily weaken the opposing team for Terrakion to Sweep. he 4 Spd Ev's are used to outspeed other Dragonite that choose 4 Def and get them out of there with DTail.
113.gif

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def/ 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

I have used this Chansey in many other teams and, as of now, is my favorite set to use. Not many people see Chansey as a SR pokemon, but it's surprise value is something that helps her set it up. It can easily set up SR on Rotom-W who think it is wise to go into Scizor. Toxic is the main way of damaging opponents as it slowly takes out a pokmeon. The Team Preview is handy and lets me see what Latios needs to TWave and what Chansey can Toxic. Wish helps this team out a lot, healing Mag and Terrakion that have had to come out too soon or other pokemon who have came out on a bad prediction. Seismic Toss is mainly Taunt fodder, but helps a lot in aiding Toxic and sometimes just keeping things damaged, like FPunch Breloom.
227.gif

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Ah Skarmory! As much as I hate Forretress, and I really REALLY do, I love you just as much. Skarmory forms a formidable core with Chansey and finds multiple times to start spiking up. Spikes is an essential hazard that can easily turn in 2HKO's into OHKO for Terrakion. It also hampers Volt-Turn teams some, punishing them for their constant switching. Brave Bird is handy for taunting pokemon and just to hit things like Breloom and Virizion. Skarmory can also use BB to go suicidal on certain things to keep damage on them no matter what to get a safe switch for Magnezone or Terrakion, which I have found pretty effective when things have been weakened enough.
Roost is for healing and takes off some weaknesses, but also makes Conkeldurr more deadly. Whirlwind is for some nice Phazing and can force-out boosters.

094.gif

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Gengar's spot was up to debate for a while; however he makes up part Eins of my Drei part core (Yay for German!) I noticed I would have an issue with Conkeldurr with Mach Punch KOing Terrakion and Magnezone, DP Koing Chansey, and Payback doing a lot to Latias. SubDisable tries to remedy this by disabling Payback and forcing him to switch-out. Gengar also hits hard with an LO Shadow Ball. LO>Leftovers for now is for the sheer power, but Leftovers may be added. This set was originally SubSplit, but it wasn't working too well. Sub+Disable lets it counter many things and Shadow Ball+Focus Miss gains perfect coverage and just hits hard.
462.gif

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Part Zwei of my core is Magnezone. He takes out Scizor like no one's business. He also helps with Ferrothorn and Skarmory if something bad happens or I don't want to risk Skarm Switching out. Terrakion is usually my cleaner, so This can take out Skarm early in the battle. Volt Switch is key for him because he can easily switch-out of situations gain momentum. Hidden Power [Fire] is for Scizor and Ferrothorn and Flash Cannon is mainly just STAB that also hits Ttar harder should he try to switch-in. TBolt is Electric STAB that doesn't force me out and can help against Gyarados.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack
With a CB and an Adamant nature, this thing hits like a tank and not just a tank, but a tank that flipped over on top of you, had you pinned and kept shooting shots that blew your face off every time..... Yeah... that would hurt... a lot. CB Terrakion most of the time is assessing what the foe has left and clicking the appropriate STAB move. Stone Miss's accuracy is annoying sometimes, but still hits hard and can 2HKO Gliscor. CC is the main move used as it hits harder and is 100% accurate. The lat two moves aren't really used, unless I need to kill Reuniculas. Quick Attack is for if I need to revenge something like a weakened Tornadus.

Well, there it is. Rate it, hate it, test it, mess with it. I hope you enjoyed reading this. :)

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

Last edited:

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
Overall a great team I can't really find anything wrong with it. First thought was focus sash on gengar instead but with substitute, that's not doing anything. Solid team and like I said before great overall.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
cb terrak dont 2hko scor or skarm...

CB Close Combat deals about 54.79-64.67% on Standard Skamory. 2HKO
CB Stone Edge deals about 49.15-57.91% on Standard Gliscor. After Rocks 2HKO
(with Adamant Nature)

Utopian

faults & feats
(with Adamant Nature)

thats with rocks and adamant lol, im talking standard CB w/o rocks!

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
thats with rocks and adamant lol, im talking standard CB w/o rocks!

Unfortunately, the team DOES have stealth rocks and the Terrakion IS adamant on this team. So, as usual... you make points about standards that don't reflect the team.

It would probably help your case more if you add some factual explanation to your post rather than shooting random unconfirmed data onto a forum designed to appropriately rate and help team constructions.

As far as the team rate. I like the team. It works with good prediction. You'll want to be careful of scarf Landorus. It scores some super effectives with it's move spreads and outruns most of your team.

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
(with Adamant Nature)

I have one nitpick on your Calcs that proves Gliscor isn't 2HKOed, and that's Poison Heal. Poison heal will often heal off damage and puts it closer to the 3HKO range.

Utopian

faults & feats
SE never hits, thats 5HKO but by then terrak will be dead via EQ!

Yellow De Viridian Grove

If it switches in to SE before it activates it is still a 2HKO because most have Taunt>Protect, but then agian, it can still be a problem.

Last edited:

Yellow De Viridian Grove

However I could easily switch to Gengar if I wouldn't have 2HKO'd and SR takes awa that first turn of Poison Heal recovery, and it even takes damage from SR if it is the first turn. Either way it is under a lot of pressure staying in. Earthquake is a solid 2HKO though. Rock Slide doesn't 2HKO, which is really sad. And Sand Veil Gliscor really trolls SE's Accuracy. Good thing it is rare lol.

Also, I will start testing DNite. It is kinda sad not being able to outspeed a Paralyze something real quick though. Oh well, I guess that is what Multi-Scale is for lol

Last edited:

Panicles

Lucifer's the light.
Solid team, but this is the type of thing that demands ubers testing for Terrakion. The only way to deal with it is with to revenge it, or priority, but why would Terrakion stay in on something that could Ohko it with priority? It wouldnt. Scizor, Azumarill, Conkeldurr couldnt switch in unless they had near full HP, which means after the first switch in, you have to sacrifice something each time terrakion is brought in.

Biteu

You should have a counter for Infernape as Mixed Infernape + Stealth Rocks can do some damage to your team

Latias: It has little problems, but be warned from U-Turn.
Gengar: Outspeeds Infernape OK, if it dies dont expect Mercy from the chimp.
Chansey: Close Combat
Magnezone: Close Combat \ Mach Punch
Skarmory: Fire Blast \ Flamethrower
Terrakion: Close Combat

i mean a pursuiter like Weavile or Defensive TTar with Chople Berry and Infernape are just the little that you need to take out your team.

Im not saying your team is bad, but it weaknesses could be exploited easily =)

4,5/5 - final rate

Utopian

faults & feats
You should have a counter for Infernape as Mixed Infernape + Stealth Rocks can do some damage to your team

Latias: It has little problems, but be warned from U-Turn.
Gengar: Outspeeds Infernape OK, if it dies dont expect Mercy from the chimp. Chansey: Close Combat
Magnezone: Close Combat \ Mach Punch
Skarmory: Fire Blast \ Flamethrower
Terrakion: Close Combat

i mean a pursuiter like Weavile or Defensive TTar with Chople Berry and Infernape are just the little that you need to take out your team.

Im not saying your team is bad, but it weaknesses could be exploited easily =)

4,5/5 - final rate

gengar has 350 speed, ape has 346...

latias has 350 speed as well!

Utopian

faults & feats
no one uses weavile and i never see pursuit ttar's anymore!

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
no one uses weavile and i never see pursuit ttar's anymore!

While it's not true "no one" uses such sets, they are pretty uncommon. Weavile often isn't brought into the tier because Mamoswine is overall a better option. Also, standard Tyranitar sets do not use pursuit like they used to. People often either run stealth rock tyranitar or a mixed tyranitar. You will find physical variants... but they seldom sport pursuit these days because of the number of Psychic types that stay in and use Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fighting anyway.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

I switched Latias with Dragonite. With similar resistances and and multi-scale, he can easily Phaze and troll on his own, much less with SR and Spikes support. He also gives much needed TWave support still.

TTar is pretty easy to scare out if you lead with Terrakion and check the team preview to who they will most likely switch into.
TTar isn't that big of a deal due to most running Ice Beam>Pursuit. Even when I had Latias, I usually had her stomach a crunch to paralyze it in case it was scarf and then Terrakion would get a justified boost. Or they would set-up SR and then I'd get a justified boost.
Solid team, but this is the type of thing that demands ubers testing for Terrakion. The only way to deal with it is with to revenge it, or priority, but why would Terrakion stay in on something that could Ohko it with priority? It wouldnt. Scizor, Azumarill, Conkeldurr couldnt switch in unless they had near full HP, which means after the first switch in, you have to sacrifice something each time terrakion is brought in.

This isn't a "Show how broken Terrakion is" thread. Also, Adamant Terrakion is actually pretty easily revenged without priority and most teams have Scizor anyways. Just sayin'. Not saying all teams must/do use Scizor, just most teams have it, so it is common enough to consider a check anyways.

Last edited: