• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Terrakion Stand Down For Thy Brotha's VoltTurn

Usatoday

Eternal God
638.gif

Cobalion @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Now lets start with the star of the team a choice specs cobalion yes i actually use one and so should you. With base 90 sp atk it can pull it off rather well with the specs and 108 speed. Focus blast gets a nice stab and is handy for tyranitar and ferrothorn. Flash Cannon for the secondary stab for terrakion and the occasional aerodactyl. Hidden Power ice allows me to take out unsuspecting gliscor and dragonite and finally volt switch, yes it gets that and it allows me to scout and hit bulky waters fairly hard and switch out to celebi. Also it functions great with celebi and doesn't mind bluffing a plus one close combat.

472.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Protect
- Taunt
This is the physical wall of the team, one of the best known in 5th gen. Earthquake gets a handy stab and is great for tyranitar and heatran and not to mention ninetales. U-Turn allows me to scout for things such as celebi who don't really see u-turn gliscor. Protect for just that extra poison heal recovery is also helps from crucially being ko'd and scouting. The 96 sp def evs allow me to take an un specs surf from a latios and taunt is for shutting down the likes of blissey and ferrothorn.

251.gif

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 32 Spd / 252 HP / 224 SDef
Careful Nature
- Perish Song
- U-turn
- Seed Bomb
- Recover
This is a set I came across in the fourth gen section of smogon, however I tweaked it just a tad. It was originally a special hitting physically bulky set that was not powerful enough for me. U-Turn allows me to hit fellow celebi hard and to scout for moves other that wouldn't be expected. Seed bomb is the main stab for politoed and for jellicent, and lord forbid i come across a gastrodon. Recover to heal myself and it allows me to take draco's from latios with a breeze. Finally perish song for things such as parashuffling dragonite and for sub calm mind rachi.

479-wash.gif

Rotom-W @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This is something that catches people off guard because it bluffs a choice set perfectly. It sometimes has enough power to bluff specs and when they switch to a counter blast a different element at it. Hidden Power (Fire) for countering ferrothorn and scizor often ohko or 2 hit koing. Hydro Pump for a water stab and a powerful one at that. Volt Switch allows for scouting and is a handy stab, plus what rotom doesn't carry this. Finally thunderbolt for a stronger electric stab. Overall not your typical scarf rotom.

169.gif

Crobat @ Choice Band
Trait: Infiltrator
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- Cross Poison
The final u-turner of a team a hard hitter and one that possess great offensive prowess. The speed evs allow me to outspeed positive 120 pokemon while the hp evs make it just the perfect amount of bulk. Brave Bird is obviously the preferred stab and with choice band it hits like a freight train. U-Turn is used for scouting and hitting espeon hard. Pursuit for trapping alakazam and the occasional azelf. Cross Poison for a secondary base stab and with infiltrator is uses its moveset and poor move pool very very well. Essentially hit and die.

121.gif

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
Every team nowadays needs a rapid spinner it is also a handy little check to volcarona and just about every dragon. Ice Beam for taking out dragons and hydro pump for the extra umph in the form of a formidable stab and rapid spin is actually quite self explainitory spin away rocks and spikes natural cure is very useful for healing paralysis and poisoning and finally recover to heal off some of the damage it takes upon switching in.

DragonTrainerSilver

<-- Starving dragon
Not bad actually,I give it an overall 7 out of 10.In algebraic term's it has a 62.31% percent chance of victory against any team.However this just my opinion and my calculation.

McDanger

you have weird teams man :p
anyway volcarona looks like it posses a big threat, after a boost, outspeeding and KOing or 2hkoing everyone, i recommend jellicent or heatran as they wall the crap out of him
gl with the team

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Use inner focus on crobat, not flinching is more important then ignoring screens.

Soperman

The One and Only
Hello ^u^
First of all, nice volturn team. I would hate to go against it ^-^'
Secondly, Gliscor's Earthquake won't actually kill anything except for Heatran, and that's if Balloon is down. It can barely hurt Bulk Tyranitar, and only do 80% to Ninetails without any investment in HP. Just something you should think about.
Overall, HP Ice has more coverage than HP Fire. That's why it's more common. You can already OHKO Scizor with Hydro Pump (generally); Ferrothorn is a different matter. Actually, maybe HP Fire is a good idea. Idk.
Otherwise, looks good ^-^

McDanger

Overall, HP Ice has more coverage than HP Fire. That's why it's more common. You can already OHKO Scizor with Hydro Pump (generally); Ferrothorn is a different matter. Actually, maybe HP Fire is a good idea. Idk.

ice is more common on scarfed rotom as he outpaces +1 dragonite and normal landorus, while his bluff set is meant to KO counters for the volt turn strategy, thus why HP fire is more effective as the number one block is ferrothorn

Usatoday

Eternal God
Hello ^u^
First of all, nice volturn team. I would hate to go against it ^-^'
Secondly, Gliscor's Earthquake won't actually kill anything except for Heatran, and that's if Balloon is down. It can barely hurt Bulk Tyranitar, and only do 80% to Ninetails without any investment in HP. Just something you should think about.
Ya fire is not a bad idea
ice is more common on scarfed rotom as he outpaces +1 dragonite and normal landorus, while his bluff set is meant to KO counters for the volt turn strategy, thus why HP fire is more effective as the number one block is ferrothorn
Ya got it
Use inner focus on crobat, not flinching is more important then ignoring screens.
I prefer it just because gliscor walls the hell out of shao bar hp ice and espeon/xatu is really annoying with dual screens
you have weird teams man :p
anyway volcarona looks like it posses a big threat, after a boost, outspeeding and KOing or 2hkoing everyone, i recommend jellicent or heatran as they wall the crap out of him
gl with the team
Oh thanks anyways i may try a sp def heatran my only complaint is that with the loss of celebi i lose perish song which has saved my hide many times and heatran lacks recovery

Klaus™

Banned
nice team usa! very original. when i took a look at this team, i saw cobalion.....gliscor....celebi....and my first thought was that the team could do sandstorm. maybe change toxic heal for sand veil and go acrobat. but the team has pretty good synergy, and its hard to find something to replacd. so keep it how it is. not much i can see to change here. again, great team!

Usatoday

Eternal God
nice team usa! very original. when i took a look at this team, i saw cobalion.....gliscor....celebi....and my first thought was that the team could do sandstorm. maybe change toxic heal for sand veil and go acrobat. but the team has pretty good synergy, and its hard to find something to replacd. so keep it how it is. not much i can see to change here. again, great team!

Usatoday

Eternal God
Bumpity bump