• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Terraria Vs. Minecraft

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
Which one do you like better and why?

Pros of Terraria:
More items to acquire
Generally more things to do
NPCs (that do things)
Magic and ranged weapons
Much more mobs

Pros of Minecraft:
3D
Infinite worlds
Much more building possibilities compared to Terraria
Mod support

"Terraria is an rpg with building materials.
Minecraft is a building game with rpg materials."

They are both great games, but at the moment I prefer Terraria over Minecraft just because of the sheer amount of things you can do in Terraria (and because my friend decided to stop hosting a minecraft server :(.)

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
They are equal, I'll play each of them on an off. But Terraria just hasn't been as fun lately.

Mostly since my friend created a flooded world in Terraria...

And my other friend got pissed at me for building a skycastle about 50 tiles above his house. His response was dynamite.

Abstinence Pistols

They're not even really comparable. That's like comparing Crysis 2 and Bioshock simply because they're both FPS games. Minecraft didn't invent the sandbox genre.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
lol I like both. They're both good at what they do and well worth the $10 I paid for each. If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably pick Minecraft. Terraria's got loads more content than Minecraft but Minecraft has that extra dimension which count for limitless building options. Plus mods.

They're not even really comparable. That's like comparing Crysis 2 and Bioshock simply because they're both FPS games. Minecraft didn't invent the sandbox genre.

I disagree. I think the formula is very similar. You start off in a barren world. Build shelter from monsters that come out at night. Dig for ores that you use to create better pickaxes, swords, axes, armor to defend yourself and venture deeper. You place blocks to build anything you want. Other games may have these features too but Minecraft and Terraria both play out in the same formulaic way.

Last edited:

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
Yeah it's a legit reason, playing multiplayer with random people isn't fun and playing singleplayer is as boring as hell

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm just picking up a +1 before this gets locked.
I don't see reason to lock this, but I do see reason in removing some spam posts. Don't spam, people.

PokeRemixStudio

I think Terraria, being 2-dimensional, is streamlined to be faster paced and more stimulating, while Minecraft, being 3D, is slower-paced but more immersive. but, I don't really have an opinion regarding which is "better".

Entreri10

I like both of them, I think that they are very different games so I don't really like one more than the other.