• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Terrible Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinist Trainer

My most recent experience with a bad driver almost got me into an accident. So I'm at an intersection in the left turning lane. I have a green light. There is a car opposite me in the right turning lane. She also had a green light. Since we were both going the same direction, I let her make her turn first since she had the right of way anyways. When she was halfway through her turn, I started to make my turn. She then SLAMMED on her brakes causing me to slam on mine. She then proceeded to hang her head out the window and give me the finger. Simply because I gave her the right of way.

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
My most recent experience with a bad driver almost got me into an accident. So I'm at an intersection in the left turning lane. I have a green light. There is a car opposite me in the right turning lane. She also had a green light. Since we were both going the same direction, I let her make her turn first since she had the right of way anyways. When she was halfway through her turn, I started to make my turn. She then SLAMMED on her brakes causing me to slam on mine. She then proceeded to hang her head out the window and give me the finger. Simply because I gave her the right of way.

Its things like that that make me want to carry eggs in my car. I just wanna go all Mario Kart with those kinds of ppl. Shooting shells at ppl who turn without a signal, plop a banana behind me at the tailgaters. XD

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
I can't stand when drivers don't use their blinkers, or even worse, when they turn their blinker on waaaay ahead of time so you're sitting there waiting on them to take the next turn but they don't turn until like five turns later.

That is way to common here in Las Cruces, NM. Seriously! Its like no one signals anymore.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Just saw one of the worst drivers in ages.

I was driving in downtown Helsinki with my brother and we were on our way to his house. We turned to a one-way street and suddenly a car appears driving the WRONG way down the street. That scared the crap out of me. A head-on collison wasn't far.

I am too young to legally drive but I often find myself as the front away passenger and therefore assist the driver on occasions. One thing that really annoys me is when my father was trying to get into a space and this guy had parked that parts of his car were in there different spaces. My father beeped the horn until he came out and EVENTUALLY moved it.

TanBun

I'm back :3
Every year, i ride against a person. On my bike. Accidentally. I am scared that i will kill somebody when i am old enough to drive :)

anothername

I feel you I was passing through a tight turn and right after I finshed it a car was goin in my lane against me 6 meters away, the I go over the sidewalk and you catch my drift luckily nobody crashed

Pokemon~Master

People who cannot use their signal, people who cut you off with only a few feet or inches clearance, people who go incredibly slow, only to speed up when you try to pass, and people who pull out in front of you, and sometimes go slow are annoying.

Treeconator12

OS upgrade, V2.0
Oh, some of these are pretty bad ones. This one older guy I know, he's been a cop for over 20 years now, and I really hate getting in the car with this guy. He's way too over-confident behind the wheel. He practically never signals, tailgates hard, and just generally kinda jerks up the road. I amuse myself by counting traffic violations.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Happened just recently.
I was going to the bank to make a deposit. I'm going on this narrow street, when I see to my left that a blue car is coming out of a trailer park. No biggie, I think to myself, since they will know Im coming so they will have to stop.

Nop.

He is coming out way too quick out of the trailer park and doesn't see me until the last minute where I have to freaking stop to avoid a collision. For those five seconds both of us are stopped. I looked at him and glared, while he simply sat there like a deer in the headlights.

>:c more stoopidly enough is when I continued on my way is that he was still driving recklessly. =_=

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
I have a few cases, though I wasn't the driver for most of them.

My own case was being a co-passenger while coming back from school with a friend one day. It was in the more country side of my giant city, and we were close to coming home. I don't care how good of a driver she is, but she took out her phone and started texting incessantly while steering the car by the bottom of the steering wheel with her legs. I panicked, and she said, "Don't worry, I'm paying attention." Her eyes were more glued to her phone than to the road...

Then, I remember seeing on FB that my friend had went out to see an accident that happened just outside his apartment complex. Luckily, neither his nor his sister's cars were totaled, but this one girl was either texting or talking on her phone, and caused a chain of accidents. She rear-ended a parked car, which rear-ended another parked car, and so on. There were about 5 collided parked cars plus the girl's car.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
The other day, while I was going home. The driver was going so fast and he was dangerously next to another vehicle, as in they almost hit each other. Also, last night, some drivers were trying to overtake each other in this rather tight road, building up a lot of traffic and to make matter worse, it rained hard last night too.
- Nate the ;448;

⊙ᴗ⊙
I have a story. About half a year ago, my little brother and I were on a trip to the local pawn shop to browse for a couple '64 and Genesis games. A couple of blocks before the store itself, the car in front of us indicated to turn into what I think was a laundromat, so of course, I slowed down in order to let him turn. NOW THE GUY BEHIND US. Was on his cell phone. Distracted as hell, he hadn't noticed us putting on the breaks, and by the time he looked up, it must have been too late to stop. Now, instead of being sensible and turning into the open lane on the left, he JUMPED THE CURB, Narrowly missing a telephone pole, and SMASHED INTO THE CAR WHICH WAS TURNING AHEAD OF US. During that time, I swear I saw everything going in slow motion, it was pretty insane. We made it to the pawn shop a little later after we made sure everyone was all right. But it was a pretty insane day.

I later used to story as a topic for a paper I needed to write in my Psychology class. So I guess something good came out of it, since I had no clue what I was going to write about before that crazy little event happened.

telivisionhead

Those people that take up 2 parking spots.

Making it harder to find a car park. And if they go into the parking spot your already in and there is a car in front of you too, makes it really hard to get out!

The people that think "RED LIGHT! WOO TIME TO TEXT MY FRIEND ABOUT HOW COOL I AM AT COD!" but the light goes and they dont move, they are annoying and hold up the line to driving off. Sometimes they even text and drive and they get on your nerves.

Terrible drivers are the best drivers.

It was the first day of school since the Christmas holidays back in 2009, and we were just leaving our home street and was about to turn off to the main road when this red car comes and somehow smashes the front-right headlight of our car. Ironically it was a mother and a much older daughter heading to school. When they hit us they were gaping their mouths in sheer terror and then the woman had a go at my mother, throwing accusations and blames at her and threatning to call the police. My mom remains calm and says she can call the police if she wants (after all accidents in the UK take ages to resolve).

So we hired rental cars until the headlight was fixed, but for me it was the best accident ever not only for comedy value, but for the fact that I missed the first day of school thanks to a damaged vehicle.

I crashed my mom's car on my first time driving.

lol

Last edited:

nekomi

Ace Trainer
I saw a guy who was about to switch lanes while someone was already there. He was about to crash and he swerved to get back into his lane. How do you not check if someone's there already? -_- The one thing that irritates me is bad parking. Don't park so close that I can't even get out without hitting your car. Ugh.

skwid79

Metalhead Brony
My dad never signals when turning, doesnt always slow down when turning and used to watch movies when driving but complains about my moms driving.

telivisionhead

I saw someone run a red light. It was funny because a police car was 2 cars behind him and the police car went after him. Lol. fail.
Also I was in the car and an idiot didn't move on a green light. He was texting or some crap and when it was red HE RAN THE LIGHT! Jeez, what is it? Oposite day?

Status
Not open for further replies.