• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Terrible episodes of great shows?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I wanted Rotom Dex to sound a bit like the original Dex from the OS before being upgraded with info for Togepi. I also wanted it to be a bit snarky at times with Ash and give him some sass whenever he used it on a wild or another trainer’s Pokémon he already owned or met before and be a bit uncooperative at times if it didn’t want to be helpful and left alone such as if it was taking a nap when Ash started to use it. I think that would have brought a lot of character to Rotom Dex and be a nice call back to when Dexter was snarky towards Ash with the Rattata stealing food from his backpack bit.
Rotom-Dex is much more random than the pokedex remarking sometimes on things that happened, because he didn't finish listening to it.
Still Rotom-Dex turned out to be more annoying.

Sometimes he was the cause for a problem such as the Sandygast losing it's shovel, causing it to evolve and become huge.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Chinpokomon of South Park.

Oh wait, you said "great" shows, well I like Recess but didn't like its Pokemon clone episode.
It rubs me the wrong way as like it's saying that it was the cards' fault the kids got obsessed with it.

Last edited:

Sanron228

My favorite movie is "Home Alone". This film gives me tremendous emotions and New Year's mood. I enjoy watching this movie with my family on 123movies . I laugh heartily every time I watch this comedy. I am pleasantly surprised by the good acting and the interesting plot. I think this film is legendary

Last edited:

corruptZ

My current show is drama. But my viewing gets shallower when what I see isn't on the shelves, like at "Sausage P****".

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The Snatch Game episode of RuPaul’s Drag Race season 4 was easily the worst so far. Other than Chad’s Cher and Latrice’s Aretha Franklin, everything was a mess. A lot of jokes flopped hard, Jiggly’s Snooki was a bit too much which is really weird considering the real Snooki’s antics, Dida was trapped in between some really unfortunate attempts by Jiggly and Phi Phi to be funny by getting out of their seats and acting crazy, Milan as Diana Ross was extremely flat and boring, and Latrice getting so fed up with the chaos that you can see the moment she quits during the challenge.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
The last two seasons of the Fairly Odd Parents come to mind. Yeah, this is my post. I don't even think I need to say more about it. If you know anything about this show you already know how bad they are.

corruptZ

Episode 2, Class of ***, where the German language teacher can only watch his students fight. Of course I missed episode 1, oops don't argue!

Orphalesion

X-Men Evolution: Walking on the Wild Side. The idea of the girls getting together and forming their own, in official super hero team would have been a really fun one.

Unfortunately the Episode seemed more interested in dressing up teenage girls in revealing outfits and having them dance around suggestively. Also some of the characterization just didn't work...in a show that was usually big on characterization., especially Rogue seemed out of character.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Got a new one to put here.

Last weeks episode of Law and Order Organized Crime.

It had bad writing, repetitive literary references to Captain Ahab... as in a character saying it more than once, as if the audience is stupid.

Lame jokes.

Predictable moments.

The FBI working with Richard Wheatley, a known criminal who uses others. Who'd ever trust someone like that?

I was laughing all the way through it.

Chinpokomon of South Park.

Oh wait, you said "great" shows, well I like Recess but didn't like its Pokemon clone episode.
It rubs me the wrong way as like it's saying that it was the cards' fault the kids got obsessed with it.
Are you talking about the one where the kids played a game called Ajimbo? I don't think that was a Pokemon reference because that episode came out in September 1998 and the Pokemon TCG didn't even come out in America until January 1999.

Sure it's possible that the Recess writers knew about the TCG's popularity in Japan but I think it's way more likely that the Ajimbo game in that Recess episode was based on Magic the Gathering instead of Pokemon.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Are you talking about the one where the kids played a game called Ajimbo? I don't think that was a Pokemon reference because that episode came out in September 1998 and the Pokemon TCG didn't even come out in America until January 1999.

Sure it's possible that the Recess writers knew about the TCG's popularity in Japan but I think it's way more likely that the Ajimbo game in that Recess episode was based on Magic the Gathering instead of Pokemon.
That could be it, but I still don't like how a different hobby is portrayed as hypnotizing kids and is shown as being a malicious pastime.

Pokémon Journeys has actually not had a lot of terrible episodes. In fact, there have only been two that I have strongly disliked, and even those had good aspects to them.

Many older seasons of this show have had horrible episodes sadly.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm sure most people would agree season 8 of Game of Thrones is proof D. B. Weiss and David Benioff can't do squat without source material, so we can mark that one. lol

As for the single episode prompt, I'm gonna go with Episode 11 of American Horror Story: Coven. Given the massive build up leading to the episode, how it played out was dreadfully anticlimactic. Most fans were expecting a huge battle, and we got diddly, not to mention one of the most powerful characters in the show was taken out by some stairs. Terribly underwhelming.

OwensJB

I'm sure most people would agree season 8 of Game of Thrones is proof D. B. Weiss and David Benioff can't do squat without source material, so we can mark that one. lol
Eh people always talk about season 8 being bad but there were signs of the show falling off the rails as early as season 5 and some parts of seasons 6 and 7 were almost as bad as season 8.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Eh people always talk about season 8 being bad but there were signs of the show falling off the rails as early as season 5 and some parts of seasons 6 and 7 were almost as bad as season 8.

True, but season 5 was ultimately rather good, and with all of season 6's flaws, it was still decent. Nothing like the first 4 seasons, but decent.

Season 7 was bad, but entertaining. Season 8, however, was utterly regrettable. There wasn't a single episode I truly liked, and I was a fool to continue watching.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Actually there's one thing i never liked. I thought Denise (The lady with the dragons) would win.

I didn't like the ending.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
That’s one part that in the books has a decent amount of foreshadowing and framing, but a lot of her bad aspects were glossed over or framed as outright good in the show.

Tyrion had the same issue, so the last half of the series he’s some idiot with nothing but bad ideas, because book Tyrion is vengeful and angry and almost a villain.