• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Terrible or Stupid Teachers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanine724

I am the Batman
There's one teacher in our school called mrs.townsend who I can't stand! It was about 15 degrees celcius, and she told me and my mate off for not having our coats done up!!!!

My teacher mrs.mirza isn't too great either! She's so lazy! She sometimes gets one of us to tell which table goes out for lunch! And, she told me to get her a dictionary when she was sitting at her desk and the bookshelf was two feet away from her! I reckon one day she'll get one of us to teach all day!

My economics teacher would spend 3/4 of the class bragging about how rich she was and all the places she's been. And about how she'd been married like 6 times. But it wasn't all bad; she was always so caught up in herself that she never noticed me sleeping in the back.

mistycerulean

Language Arts, 7th grade: I had a teacher who would give detention to students if they so much as looked over at this one particular guy who misbehaved a lot in all of his classes. He never said anything to us to get us to look over, but if she thought she saw you looking at him- after school detention/sent to the dean.
There was this one incident in October/early November. The school had allowed bringing a small amount of candy to school for a few days because of Halloween, as long as you only had it out during lunch or a snack time (sometimes).
A girl in her homeroom had a few pieces of candy the day after Halloween; at lunch. The teacher confiscated them right away and threw them in the trash, and gave her after school detention for a week.

-_-

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
7th grade, language arts. My teacher was an Indian lady who could barely speak English. She tried to get me suspended for reading Eragon, which wasn't on the AR reading list.

8th grade, same class and teacher. It was just before the Eragon film came out, and in preparation for it, I was re-reading the book. She tried to get me suspended for not only the same reasons above, but also because I was re-reading it.

Grey Wind

Why should they? Imagine if every student who didn't get their desired grade wanted to redo part of their coursework just to get a better mark. Teachers already have an enormous workload and that would only worsen matters.

Pisses me off when most students won't (or can't) sympathise with their teachers and make stupid comments like this.
My technology teacher actually does let us redo things if we get a bad grade. As you said, it really just heightens his workload, so I'm not sure why he bothers doing it. It's our fault if we do terribly anyway.

To bring our grades up with all the other stuff that he had failed us, with either losing the paper and not telling us about it until the final marking period, or just for one simple thing that shouldn't really matter, such as a notebook check that he will take a grade of off. Either way, he's like the only teacher i'm complaining about right now, even though his class is the highest or second highest class that i'm passing. And don't call my comment stupid, be nice to it :D
So you want the teacher to do extra work just because you didn't do well? It's your fault if your work is bad, the teacher shouldn't have to correct the same assignment again and again just because you're not doing well.

Victini01

♫Be Fearless♫
My Geography teacher is horrible. Whenever she talks, you have to strain to listen and when she shouts, your ears ache by her volume...

Flame Mistress

My French teacher gives us pink slips (de-merits) for not bringing correct stuff and homework into the lesson, no exceptions. Which is pretty reasonable.

But guess what? My friend's French teacher gave her a detention just because she didn't get over 90% in a test. Apparently she has a set mark for every test, and if you ever go below that you get detention. Not a pink slip, but detention. I'd understand, say, 75%, but 80%? Seriously?

Charazemma

7th grade, language arts. My teacher was an Indian lady who could barely speak English. She tried to get me suspended for reading Eragon, which wasn't on the AR reading list.

8th grade, same class and teacher. It was just before the Eragon film came out, and in preparation for it, I was re-reading the book. She tried to get me suspended for not only the same reasons above, but also because I was re-reading it.

Good Lord. Thats pretty shocking. If she didnt speak english how come no one ever reported her?!?!?

Okay, heres mine. Year 9 Maths (so I was about 13/14). I've never been good at maths, I've always struggled. This 'teacher', Mrs Ford, hated me. She hated explaining twice. I was locked in the stock room once, to resit a test I only got 5/20 on. Funnily enough, I only got 3/20 the second time round...

So eventually, I was 'sick' every thursday morning for months. I complained about her, my parents complained, nothing was done. All I got was verbal abuse from her. I spent maths lessons being called thick, stupid, lazy...

And guess what? Turns out that i'm dyslexic, expecially with numbers. This explains everything. This woman obviously did not see the signs, and didnt even try to help me (arent teachers supposed to be able to spot this?). If she had taken 10 minutes to talk to me about my performance, Im convinced I would have been able to grasp the basics of maths. Instead, 8 years later, I still get stressed out doing simple maths, like counting my change for a coffee etc...

I hate that woman. Seriously, if I saw her now, i would knock seven shades of sh!t out of her. Even if she must be about 65-70 now.

If she'd have just given me a chance.... :/

Victini01

♫Be Fearless♫
My French teacher gives us pink slips (de-merits) for not bringing correct stuff and homework into the lesson, no exceptions. Which is pretty reasonable.

But guess what? My friend's French teacher gave her a detention just because she didn't get over 90% in a test. Apparently she has a set mark for every test, and if you ever go below that you get detention. Not a pink slip, but detention. I'd understand, say, 75%, but 80%? Seriously?

Wow, that's the same with my Science teacher.

I feel so sorry for you.

Radlin

He Returns.
So you want the teacher to do extra work just because you didn't do well? It's your fault if your work is bad, the teacher shouldn't have to correct the same assignment again and again just because you're not doing well.
Sometimes it wasn't our fault. Most of the time that I have to re-do something is because he loses my paper and doesn't tell me until I have less than one week until the final marking period. Otherwise, it's because he gets mad at ONE person for doing something bad, so he gives ALL of us something that he hasn't taught, and after we fail (or almost) we learn what he gave us. Other than those reasons and some other exception (such as having to be absent for the time learning about something and don't come back until the day of the test) I understand why he shouldn't grade papers that didn't failed. By the way, he does let us re-do the ones we failed, which usually we don't.

~Kari~

My new math teacher doesn't even teach. She puts notes on the board and makes us copy them. She says she'll call your parents if you talk, but every day the class is pandemonium and she does nothing. :mad: After we copy the notes, she lets us start our 10 problem homework. My old math teacher was a great teacher, I got good grades because she helped me understand it. With the new teacher, I have a B- because she doesn't explain the math and I don't understand it. I have straight A's in everything else except math. I want my old teacher back! :(

My sixth grade History teacher was the same way. We walked in, sat down, she gave us our assignment, and sat down with her laptop the entire period. I have no idea how I got an A in that class. :/

Don't even get me started on substitute teachers. :mad:

St4rdust

Ugh, I could go on and on about some of my teachers. We have a pretty infamously cruel substitute teacher in our school. She sometimes doesn't even follow the instructions teachers leave her. Like, if a teacher wrote we can work in groups on an assignment, she'll insist the instructions told us to work independently.

Radlin

He Returns.
I remember this one teacher I had for about a week until I moved classes. Afterwards, my friend says that he doesn't teach their class anymore. I didn't have anything against him other than giving me a warning for talking (which I wasn't) I'm guessing that he can't teach without me :D It is one of the greatest mysteries in our school history (maybe the biggest as this school is only about 2 years old)

toggles2

Vanilluxe rules ^_^
toggles2 likes all his teachies because Mummy teaches toggles2.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
My French 2 teacher was a complete witch. While I was in her class, she singled out four students the entire semester, and those four never did anything. Every day, she'd spend almost the entire class ranting about the most random crap. Twice, she would hit students (she hit first on both occasions) and got away with it. The students she hit struck back and were suspended for three weeks for insubordination. The following semester, one student asked to go to the restroom, the teacher said no in a rude manner, and the student pulled out her phone and called her mother. The teacher snatched the girl's phone away and held her wrist until she passed out, with the mother still on the phone, who heard the entire thing. The girl was suspended for several weeks for insubordination, and the teacher was placed in jail for three days, charged with battery. Last I checked, she still hasn't been fired.

Radlin

He Returns.
My French 2 teacher was a complete witch. While I was in her class, she singled out four students the entire semester, and those four never did anything. Every day, she'd spend almost the entire class ranting about the most random crap. Twice, she would hit students (she hit first on both occasions) and got away with it. The students she hit struck back and were suspended for three weeks for insubordination. The following semester, one student asked to go to the restroom, the teacher said no in a rude manner, and the student pulled out her phone and called her mother. The teacher snatched the girl's phone away and held her wrist until she passed out, with the mother still on the phone, who heard the entire thing. The girl was suspended for several weeks for insubordination, and the teacher was placed in jail for three days, charged with battery. Last I checked, she still hasn't been fired.

I don't really know much about things of what you should get in trouble for, but this seems to me that you should get fired and then put behind bars for some more time (maybe like 3 weeks, i'm guessing) I'm pretty sure it's against the law to hit a child like that, but as I said earlier, I don't know much about the Law and stuff like that. And I don't see how that girl with the phone got suspended for several weeks for insubordination (even though she was passed out) yet the teacher is only placed in jail for 3 days and not fired, even though she did all that stuff. At least she got charged with battery.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
In high school we had this awful sub who we called "carpet pants", because her pants literally looked like they were made out of carpet. She would say "back to work girls" (when most of the time it was just 2 people having a conversation about the work) every few minutes in class, which was very distracting and irritating.

I also was in a class where a teacher got fired for hitting a kid.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
i have one at school atm

She used to be my fave coz she said i was creative in my own lil world. She understand me and was nice to me and stuff. When i was nearly gonna trust her....she went weird
She said she was gonna block SPPf of school this year. I was pisse.d off :/ i hated her since but my pal said SPPf was never banned...well I still hate her for that. I dont rly talk to her that much anymore..theres no 'spark' :/ nya~

TrollsterInc

The Renegade
To be honest, since I live in Scotland, all my tough teachers had an ingrained sarcastic wit that meant even if you got verbal abuse from them, you took it with a laugh.

In particular, my Spanish teacher-Mr Coyle- liked to pretty much ridicule the entire class, but especially one kid who-whilst on holiday-accidently tried to pick up a 14 year old whilst drunk. Since the kids name was Gallagher, everyone called him Gally Glitter.

Hmm...only real evil teacher I could think of was my old Biology teacher. She had the look of a chronically depressed cow, and chewed chewing gum in much the same way as one. She'd criticise your work for the slightest faults without telling you how to improve on them. Hell she even told my cousin he would never pass his exam, two weeks before he sat it. He got 96%.

Status
Not open for further replies.