• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Terrible Sequals.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
I don't know if it really counts as a "sequal," but... Attack of the Clones.

And I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon and say all the Disney sequals as well, since I can't deny it.

Cobalt_Latios

First I will say this, just about every sequel that came from an extremely funny movie. Or at least the ones I like. Caddyshack 2, The Nutty Professor 2, Dr. Dolittle 2, 3, and the other piece of crap. That should never have been made.
Actually, Dr. Dolittle 2 wasn't bad. The chameleon sort of made it worth seeing.

The majority of Disney sequels. I seriously can't think of any Disney sequel that was any good.

Also the Major League sequels.
Toy Story 2?

Well for one thing, Toy Story 2 was very good.
Dammit, beaten...

Sequels to the second Land Before Time are just getting lame. They should END right now after the fourteenth one (yes, there is going to be fourteen), though I'm a bit glad they brought in Chomper and had it last long enough to decide to bring him back.
Considering how long that "series" has been around for, I would be under the impression that they're at around 16 movies. A source wouldn't hurt though.

And the Pokémon movies after the first three (though it was okay, and I didn't care for the fifth and eighth) are just plain dumb. We don't need to hear more about Ash saving the world for the billionth time only to not get worldly fame.
Really, since neither of them correlate in any way, they really can't be called sequels. They could, but that would be misleading. Really, they're more based off of the show, so it's really a movie of that particular season.

I'm surprised it was even mentioned. [/QUOTE]

I'd have to go with Home Alone 4. 2 was fantastic, 3 was fun and pretty cute, but 4 was just bleh.
Completely agreed. There were no "traps" that made the first three so damn entertaining. I feel ashamed to have even watched it...

I like most of all trilogy or tetralogy movies like LOTR, Star Wars, Matrix, Hannibal and the likes. Based on book movie's usually good when it goes to a sequel or pre... whatever they call it.
I suppose it has something to do with the fact that those stories are already written, whereas for other movies they actually have to invent a script by scratch. And that's where everything goes down...

I guess you missed the whole Field/Ruined Research Center scene, didn't you?
He apparently did, because I certainly enjoyed it. Not that is says anything about it.

I'm going to say that Spy Kids 3D wasn't that great. It had potential being a video game, but they made it so damn short... I mean, they're making it seem like games are incredibly short these days. Which, isn't really true. Granted, I'm not entirely sure how they would have been able to prolong the movie any longer...

Tremors 3 was pretty cheesy (as if the first 2 weren't). I felt they strayed a bit too far from the premise of the first one involving Giant Worms. They then went to the walkers (Shriekers) in the second one. Although, most of the movie was with the worms so it wasn't that bad. By the third one, there was just too much CGI, and it didn't seem to have the same feel. However, I didn't mind 4 all that much, primarily because they were going back to how the series used to be and simply made it better because of it.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Spider Man 3 yet, as for quite a few people, it really wasn't that good. I thought it was okay, not the best but I certainly didn't think it was horrible.

Try this one on for size: any sequel that comes out immediately on DVD to a movie that came out in theaters. It's usually a decent saying that the movie may not be too well made.

~C_L~

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I actually have a conspiracy theory about horrible sequels.

How many great movies have you seen and forgotten about? I know I forgot a lot. What do shitty sequels do? Make you reminisce about the original, and hell, I've bought movies just to watch them and compare them to the sequels afterwards (First one I ever did this for was Austin Powers 3, not that it was bad, it was just kinda weird at first).

But since noone is gonna read this anyways, I'm gonna say all Disney Sequels (Including Lion king 2) and any movie with a title that suggests singularity (Like Police Academy).

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Damn. I forgot Recuers 2. LK2, R2 and TS2 were the only decent Disney sequels.

I hope Toy Story 3 doesn't butcher the series like with Shrek *Shudders*.

LK2 was, in atuallity, one of (If not)the best Straight-to-Video movie ever released. It didn't smell like a pile of Shiit like 1/2 did. It acually continued the plot line and still had good songs. 1/2's songs were massive ear rape.

How can you say no to "dig a tunnel"? =O

All disney movies now-a-day is fail. Because they all try to have ridiculous humour like brandy and mr.whiskers/ Dave the barbarien.

But yeah lion king 2. is a legend of sequals :p

denw0

the Coolest
Re: Disney/Pixar

Actually Pixar make's the all the CGI movies. Not Disney. They're a subsidary.

That's why Pixar is actually good..

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
The Santa Claus 2. That movie was disappointing as hell. The CGI reindeer were also creepy. I've heard good things about the 3rd one, though.

From what I can tell, there's a 4th and 5th Shrek in their embriotic stages. I know that those are gonna suck.

Eternal Flame

\m/(>.<)\m/
OMG a 4th and 5th Shrek! I totally hated the third one.
And I know I'm gonna' get falmed for this but...
...star wars episodes 1,2 and 3 are all complete poopy.
I can't wait for toy story 2, yet I havn't seen Wall-E or rattatooie (is that how you spell it?) Yet.

Geist

Great Old One

No you're not, at least not from me. Those movies were complete and utter crap with nothing redeeming about them.

Of all the sequals I have seen, I think the only one I actually liked was Terminator 2 (not counting some movies planned as trilogies of course, like Lord of the Rings or the old Star Wars movies).

Geist

Great Old One

No you're not, at least not from me. Those movies were complete and utter crap with nothing redeeming about them.

Of all the sequals I have seen, I think the only one I actually liked was Terminator 2 (not counting some movies planned as trilogies of course, like Lord of the Rings or the old Star Wars movies).

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I can't wait for toy story 2, yet I havn't seen Wall-E or ratatouie (is that how you spell it?) Yet.

I didn't think they were bad (AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!).

Also Toy Story 2 has been out for a few years.

The Land Before Time series got pretty old after the second or third. And there are, like... Seven of them?

The Secret of NIMH 2? They slaughtered my cherished childhood flick. Musical numbers? Ridiculously anti-NIMH-esque characters and Mary-Sues? The only thing that thing had going for it was that plot twist.

Cobalt_Latios

I didn't think they were bad (AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!).

Also Toy Story 2 has been out for a few years.
I think it was a typo. I think he was referring to the upcoming 2010 movie, Toy Story 3.

~C_L~

Rave

Banned
Land Before Time, Jurassic Park.

porygonfan

There still making The Land Before Time sequels, if they wanted to do it and make it interesting the dinos should have slowly aged, the 1st was a great movie but 10+ sequels went too far.

On another note, I was amazed how High School Musical went from tv only, and with each sequel gained popularity, 3 is going to be in the movie theaters, pretty shocking it got better as it went on! Those actors are going to be loaded!